twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2018, 03:28 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
February POTM

Wow, that month flew by, at least to me. It's already February, so...

Be sure to nominate your favorite bit of writing this month, if you feel they did a wonderful job, and maybe they can win POTM!

You can nominate others, or yourself, if you choose, but choose wisely.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Ars artis gratia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24916
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden
Player: KellyCat
Game: Echoes of Divinity
GM: Toba

Reason: Miranda is a young caster who was innocently returning to her Master’s home with his ashes in order to lay them to rest. When she landed on the island she was met unexpectedly by a Blue Dragon, followed by a pair of Black Dragons and finally a rather mature Green Dragon. This was something completely unexpected. Any attempt to teleport within the boundaries of the island is met with rather unexpected results. While she contributed to the defeat of the four dragons upon the small party she still doubts herself. Here she has slipped away to try and discern what forces seem to be warping the magical powers she has grown to accept as second nature – there is something afoul.

This post draws the reader deep into the room with her as she struggles to find the cause of the disruption and she is intruded upon again, unexpectedly, by a Wizard and his Succubus.

KellyCat manages to draw you into the room with Miranda so you can feel present as the trio struggle to try and solve the puzzle of what is happening to the forces they draw upon to normally warp reality.

Read the post and enjoy the journey into Miranda’s dilemma, her search for the cause and her new unexpected intruders upon her fortress of solitude.

Are they there to help or to hinder her?

Old Feb 26th, 2018, 03:09 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Player: Scimmy
Game: Guardians of the North
DM: LeoByron

Reason: My character in this game, Winter, is a bit of an emotional mess. After losing her family, she left her home and aimlessly wandered the lands for years, not really having a purpose. One day, she had a "chance" meeting with two characters, played by Scimmy and Kaylara. While hesitant at first, she quickly started to form a bond with both of them, especially with Scimmy's character, Khole.

Khole is a Gathlian who mostly speaks telepathically, with simple words, images, and feelings, rather than sentences. He shared his character's tragic backstory, and it resonated with Winter, causing her to open up as well.

With that little bit of explanation, this is why I love this post so much. Winter was so touched by Khole's ability to communicate deeply, rather than with just words, has made her want to be able to do the same thing. As a spellcaster, she's been trying to form a telepathic bond, and in the post before this nomination, she finally succeeded. She was elated to share her feelings with her friends, but Khole, in this post, started helping her to use the form of communication in a deeper, more sophisticated way. The text in blue is telepathic 'verbal' communication, but the way he spun together words, memories, feelings, and concepts is very admirable to me.

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; Feb 26th, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 03:34 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11546
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: Frostburn
Game: Portage: Rising from Ashes
GM: Kapera

Reason for Nomination: This has been a fun game, with a good measure of drama and tension. Despite World of Darkness'... well, dark nature, this post from Frostburn made me smile, even if only for a moment. Just the absurdity of going to a bar to talk to a cat. Beyond that though, Frostburn still portrays the strain of the night and the way some people lash out in the face of loss.

Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 03:21 PM
Alchemical Acquaintance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3229
Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok
Player: Dooliwong
Game: Return to Ravenloft: Curse of Strahd
GM: Seravok

Reason for Nomination: Dooliwong's character, 'Nowhere', is an actor, scoundrel, con-artist, and best of all filled with whit. In this post, however, his character shows a kinder side, attempting to comfort a companion from her most recent inner-turmoils. While the two interact, the dialogue between the characters makes for a newly formed bond, that plays an exceptional resource to the DM for future reference.

Oath taken
DM:
Curse of Strahd
Icewind Dale
40k Armies at War

Last edited by Seravok; Mar 2nd, 2018 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread