Game Thread Introduction - An Audience With The King - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 08:52 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
Zinxi was quiet as she waited for the map to be brought into the meeting room and laid out on the table. She stood and studied the image looking for something familiar to her. She reached out and pointed to a town some thirty miles south and east of the waypoint located on the map. "Yes this town here. I think it is called You can correct her naming of this town as you like.Ridi's Hold or Ridillie's Hold. I've been there once in my travels. I'm sure I can take us there easily enough. From there we can travel along the roads in my caravan wagon. We can make it to Orhill on a few days rather than weeks."


__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:36 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Avophior bows to the King as he enters the meeting chamber, also pleased to shake his hand as well. The contrast between the two men is stark, and despite the opulence with which Avophior is dressed it is still dwarfed by the King's attire. Sitting down opposite the King, he listens with silent, but rapt, attention. So far his new companions of circumstance have all asked appropriate questions. While he, himself, a being of living magic, has no strong desire to explore The Wasteland... he cannot deny it will be a challenge, and challenges keep him sharp. When the map arrives he takes his moment to study it alongside Zinxi, familiarizing himself with an area he has not been to himself.
"Arriving in a caravan would lend credence to the "travelers arriving by innocence happenstance" subterfuge as well. Doubly so if we manufacture a reason to be in Orhill which is entirely a-political, such as something to sell or even better a unique material we're looking to acquire. Not being a place for errant tourism, but rich in rare materials, going to Orhill under the guise of obtaining an obscure reagent, such as for one of Zinxi's spells or famed healing potions, would cover both our presence and lend credence to subsequent investigations without arousing suspicion of our ulterior motives." Sitting back Avophior turns his gaze to Roux.
"Considering whatever machinations the villains in Orhill have in motion are not going to stand idly by and await our arrival, can we assume you're willing to allow Zinxi here to transport you to Ridi's Hold with us? While you may prefer to operate overland, whatever fast pace you feel you can set for yourself doesn't outrun a teleport."
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,707
Roux
left-aligned image
The goblin grimaced deeply as he listened to the King speak, sharing his thoughts on the situation in Orhill. "I'd say building anti-magic resistant, or even friggin' immune, golems is a damn good reason t'have a force infiltrate. Or at least a solid cover. But to conduct a full-on coup? ...We just don't know enough, but that seems like a good startin' point." Meeting the King's gaze he asks, "There anyone in your network we can meet an' work with when we reach Orhill?" Roux wasn't so naive to believe there wasn't at least a small team of spies in that area feeding information back to His Lordship Mitchell.

He pulled up his hood, folding his ear inside it against his skull, amber eyes faintly glowing in the darkness of the hood. He turns to Avophior, sighing heavily. "Frakking hate teleporting... But you've got a point. Sooner we there, sooner we can cut out th' problem."
__________________
My collection of niche/uncommon characters!
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with a razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 11:58 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
14th of Deadtime, 1092 - a foggy morning at the capitol

The King shakes his head, "Aniela is my best contact in Orhill. However, I do have a purchase house in the town, where we are represented for trade. I will write you a writ, and when you get to the purchase house they will help you. I don't know what they know, but you'll have their full cooperation. And they should be able to get you in contact with anyone you need." The table in the meeting room is well stocked for any meeting contingencies, just as the antechamber was stocked with snacks to pass the idle time, and King Mitchell has a scrap of parchment as well as quill and ink on hand to write with. He takes a wax stamp and presses it onto the paper, a glowing image remaining instead of an impression in wax. The sigil's glow fades quickly, leaving behind an ink colored stamp. The arcane mark is a familiar site, and will be adequate proof of the message's authenticity. The King folds the paper up and stands, leaning forward across thet able to hand it to Roux.
"Unless you have other questions, I can see you're ready to go. If you see the treasurer on the way out, I have extended a bounty for your expenses." Unless he has another question to answer, the King departs.


Avophior, having nothing else to ask, likewise gets to his feet when the King does. He nods in sympathy with Roux's big sigh, but does not compound the point knowing any congratulations for doing the magnanimous thing would not improve the goblin's mood. After they are alone he asks Zinxi, "Is your caravan in Kingseat, or on the palace grounds?"
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 09:26 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
When the King rose to hand the message to Roux Zinxi stood as well. She knew better than to remain seated in the presence of the standing King. Once the King retreated from the room the little sorceress laid a reassuring hand on Roux's shoulder. "You can rest inside my cottage and you won't even know that we've teleported. I have to say though that you'll miss out on the show. The guards here will be talking about the spectacle for quite some time." She stepped away from the table and turned her attention to the Baron. "The guards were kind enough to let me park it on the palace grounds when they found out who I was and that I had an audience with the King."
As they started to walk out of the chamber little Zinxi started to talk to both of the men. "It will take me a few minutes to prepare for the teleport. I may need a hand with getting the horses inside for the journey. My cottage is inside of the caravan wagon by the way. You both will get to see something that very few have ever witnessed. I have a modest eight room cottage and farmstead in an extradimensional space inside of my wagon."

__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,707
Roux
left-aligned image
Accepting the writ with a bob of his cowled head, Roux slipped the sealed document carefully into his armor, ensuring it was in the safest place possible. There was something nagging him about this situation and he just couldn't shake it. He didn't respond to the comments of his associates at first, coming out of his thoughts when they left the King's chambers. "Hrrm... Mm? Oh. Pocket cottage huh? Doubt it'll help. Tried all sorts of ways t'avoid it but somethin' about big leaps between dimensions like a teleport spell just always hits me in th' gut. Short hops I've gotten t'manage but... Urgh, just lemme stand by th' door when we arrive."
__________________
My collection of niche/uncommon characters!
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with a razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 02:04 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
"You have permanent door-proximity preference Roux." Avophior assures him as they make their way out of the meeting room and toward the antechamber, then the hallways. He walks with them until they get to the treasurer's desk and receive their stipends, then takes his leave. "If you'll give me a half an hour, I'll meet you at your caravan. I am quite intrigued to receive an exclusive tour of your pocket demesne." With a polite bow, Avophior disappears. Exactly a half an hour later he reappears in the courtyard, having changed his clothes. Instead of the long robe he is wearing a (borderline) utilitarian garment, thigh length, made of fine silk and adorned with stars. Draped across his shoulders, buttoned along his right shoulder and tossed back over his left shoulder, is a dark blue cloak lined in vair. The cloak only goes down to his hips. His boots are tall and cover up to his knee. He wears the same gilded plaque belt, circlet, and ornamented collar, but this time he has a scrip style leather sack slung over one shoulder. He smiles at his companions. "I am packed and ready."

DM NoteThere are no more story elements in Kingseat. You are welcome to do any shopping or further investigating / information gathering you think is appropriate within the confines of the palace. It is prosperous enough you'll be able to find any minor, medium, or major magic item you need. The city has a purchase limit of 16,000 gp if you have anything to sell. If you have nothing else to add before heading off to Ridi's Hold, you can make a check in post in the OOC thread. Oherwise indicate you're ready to move forward somehow in your game post.
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 9th, 2021 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,707
Roux
left-aligned image
The goblin pay his chest, over the many metal tubes set into his bandolier with a confident smirk. "Ready t'go whenever. Got all that I need on me."
__________________
My collection of niche/uncommon characters!
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with a razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 11:08 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
While Zinxi and Roux waited on the Baron the gnome woman let the ramp down on the backside of her wagon. It slid out from under the rear porch and made a gentle incline with cross planks to allow for footing. Then she unhitched the horses one at a time and led them into the wagon and through an iron clad door on the front wall. She was only gone for a few moments before she came back through to retrieve the second horse. She explained that the first was called Harry and the second was called Matilda. All the while inside the caravan a tiny dragon with butterfly shaped wings laid there curled up watching the activity.
She was about to take Roux inside for a tour when the Baron returned with his purse and declared that he was ready. "Well your just in time for the not so grand tour. It's really pretty simple inside. It's homey and that's how I like it. Come along." With that said the woman walked up the ramp and motioned for the two to follow. "This is Sudita my guard dragon. Say hello to the Master Roux and the Baron Avophior Sudita." The dragon gave the two a sniff and stood turned around in her bed and laid back down. She obviously wasn't impressed with nobles or goblins. Zinxi gave a quick shrug and continued on her way through the open doorway. Once you cross the threshold you enter a pristine landscape with a picturesque cottage sitting about twenty yards ahead. To the left of the cottage there is a small garden that seems to be thriving. And to the right of the cottage there is a small barn with a henhouse on one side and a few goats in a pen. The two horses are grazing off to the right of the barn and pen. They're free to roam about the dimensional space, there's only so far that they can go. There's a forest around the modestly sized clearing where the cottage and farmstead is centered. A creek runs across the grounds behind the cottage that continues on into the woods.
Zinxi continued on to the door of the cottage and threw open the door. "Welcome to my home gentlemen." She stepped through into the common room of the cottage where you find modest furnishings. A couch and fireplace in the center of the room with a chimney that supports the main trusses of the roof. The kitchen is on the other side of the fireplace with several doors on around the common room. "Make yourself at home. Plenty of food in the cupboard if your hungry. The two rooms on the western wall are human sized and the two on the eastern wall are for smaller folks. My room is the one with the green door and my lab is the only room that's locked. The door to the lavatory is on the northern wall if you'd like a bath. Now if you'll excuse me... I need to go and prepare for our journey. As I said earlier, I don't think you'll even notice the teleport from inside this dimension."
The little gnome sorceress waited for a moment to see if there were any questions before she turned and made her way back to the stone arch which held the portal back to the caravan wagon. Once she was back outside she stowed the ramp and then made ready to cast her spells. She took several steps away from the wagon before she began to chant in a strange language. Then power in her voice was building when she made a quick gesture ending in a snap that released the magical energies. Her form began to morph and grow into that of a huge giant over twenty feet tall with Zinxi's beautiful face. She towered over the now tiny wagon and stooped down to gently lift it with relative ease. She cradled it in her left arm and then started to chant once again. After a few moments the giant woman holding the wagon simply vanished from sight.
They reappeared just outside of the town near a large oak tree where Zinxi had camped some several years ago. She had spent nearly a week camped there so it was quite familiar to her. The town was just over a small rise in the road. From her current vantage she could see the wooden walls of the town. She stooped over once again to gently set the caravan wagon back on the ground. She took great care with her placing of her home on the ground. She didn't want to damage any part of the wagon. Then with another gesture she dismissed the spell which had transformed her into a giant.

 

__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB