OOC Breakroom on Mt. Olympus - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 17th, 2021, 09:13 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Breakroom on Mt. Olympus

This is the OOC thread for the Fated Children game.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Thanks for the invite mate! Glad to be here.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 07:13 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
It'll be fun. I'm opening a thread where we can drop and develop challenges and adventure ideas.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 10:43 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
In a typical game a PC can gain levels like candy and within months can make it from nobodies to 20th level legends in months. Even most APs (when they have any temporal pacing at all) tend to go through 10-15 levels in only a few years of game time.

So this is not necessarily a hard and fast requirement and not everyone needs to or may even want to use it, but I think it makes sense for the characters of 20 levels have access to about 20 years of game time to develop their backstory, as long as it's understood they spent at least 2 years adventuring and acquiring levels. The game will start in year 1092, a century after the largely unknown events of the Trinket Hunters campaign. Which means your characters could have started their adventuring career as recently as 1090, and as long ago as 1073. This is also a good way to help choose your characte's birthday and birth year.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 11:55 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Well Zinxi is nearing 100 years of age, only 6 years to go yet. I figure she has been adventuring and studying magics for nearly 30 years now. So her birth year is 998? We can choose day and month randomly.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:52 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Sure, the intent was to make sure no one had 100 years of down time over the other players, so that all sounds about right.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 04:55 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Hoo boy that's a lot of backstory to build... Glad that I went with 'Origin' for Roux's backstory, and all that 20 years in between will probably be condensed to a bullet pointed list.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:04 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Right, and not everyone has to use all 20, it just seemed a fair amount of time if someone wanted to have time.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:21 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
I do like the bullet point idea. I have used it before.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:14 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
I've been stewing around ideas on backstory and I think I might actually break out the ten minute backstory format again, because it is very bullet style and can cover a lot of ground without having to write a novel.

Who else is going to incorporate residencies and such into their backstory and their purchases or are you two going to be advanced itinerant murder-hobos? I'm using funds from my WBL to seed a home territory using the kingdom building rules, though that's not an expectation for anyone else.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:26 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Roux is totally going to have a base of operations. A hidden homebase for a master thief sounds way too good to pass up. Plus with his classes and the build I'm going with there's a handful of powerful magic items he simply doesn't need as he got them through feats or class features.

So time to see what this world's real estate market is like!

Last edited by Tyeal; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:48 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, there are some fundamental differences between the downtime property mechanics and the kingdom builder ones, and they're somewhat compatible, really depending on the scope of what you want to achieve.

For anyone who doesn't want to spend in game or out of game time or money on it, as it stands right now the barony I've developed has a vacant noble villa for both of you if you want to use them.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:58 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Also, speaking of in game real estate, the Kingdom of Kingseat, which is where the campaign will at least start, is a "bog standard" DnD style human kingdom with a healthy mix of races.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 09:36 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Zinxi will have a caravan wagon as a home. She is a gypsy at heart. She will have a pair of horses and a goat and a few chickens also.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:10 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics

You'll have plenty of space to park it, Avophior owns a territory somewhere between the size of Connecticut and New Jersey.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:13 PM.