OOC Breakroom on Mt. Olympus - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 24th, 2021, 11:13 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Food for thought while setting up your backstories: we should give some token story reasons for our characters to have some connection to each other, or to the King of Kingseat. The "we meet in a bar and the local mayor posts a notice about goblin troubles" method of assembling the party is a bit beneath our characters, and I've never found manufacturing long personal relationships between characters who don't actually know each other always feels artificial.

For our first adventure I am going to give us a "test run" so to speak to get a feel for our power levels, pacing, abilities, and cohesion. And while the game itself always has risk as an element, a test run implies a more than average likelihood of failure and I want to avoid [succeed or die] as the stakes, at least this early in the game (the way rocket tag times a million nature of high level play tends to shake out with CR appropriate encounters.) So I'm going to take a one shot module designed for 13th - 15th level which I have never played before and run us through it as part of our first adventure together. I already have some ideas on how to integrate it into the game world based on reading the summary, and will make ad-hoc aesthetic changes as needed to keep it coherent with the custom game world. While I plan on letting the first section of the adventure play out somewhat normally, I do intend to throw in a significant time constraint on the back end of the adventure to ramp up the challenge. Also, just serendipitously, the adventure features "wild and dead magic zones" as a feature of the module, which is perfect for a group of semi-to-primary spellcasters such as ourselves.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Roux would already has tabs and info on folks he'll be traveling with. Wouldn't be much of a good thief if he didn't scout out his targets. As well as possible allies/enemies.

As for him, he'd probably buy the villa to have as a front for a merchant's guild or some arm of it to allow all sorts of skilled hands to come and work for him. While having his secret base of operations built underneath only he can access. With the guild setup he not only can get folks with the skills he lacks but also give work to folks that need it most. As well as start passing on skills and trades to more monstrous folk.

Last edited by Tyeal; Feb 24th, 2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
In a kingdom like this there can't be more than 10-20 people of our level? So we'd likely have some basic knowledge of each other.

EDIT: I hope to make some progress on my character this weekend. I have little time during the week.

Last edited by ricktur63; Feb 24th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 10:17 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
That's probably an accurate account of the number of higher level folks in a kingdom. It is probably the case that there are only a dozen people above 15th level.

Tyeal, if Roux and and Avophior know each other well enough to have done that much work on the villa, I could change the last few months to accommodate a guild hall: though it would likely be in Hilltown and not in High Reach, as Avophior doesn't want any kind of industry or really work in his mountain resort.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 11:53 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Okay I think I've landed on the Unicorn Bloodline for Zinxi. She is a traveling healer of great reknown.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 08:28 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Nice! And unicorn has an awesome super-anti-evil capstone, too.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 11:42 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
For your character creation planning and strategizing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconigenaArma View Post
Starting PartyEach of the starting party will receive an asymmetrical boon, either (1) mythic rank one, (2) five extra character levels, (3) divine rank zero, (4) a free artifact.

Avophior
Dice * Roll:
1d4 3
(3)
Roux
Dice * Roll:
1d4 1
(1)
Zinxi
Dice * Roll:
1d4 2
(2)

No ties! That was easy.

Who email subscribes to any of their game threads? I usually only do the game thread, and sometimes the OOC thread. It always seems a bit needy to nudge people in PMs if they already get emails.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 26th, 2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 09:27 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Triple post!

Game thread is up. There will be no combat or rolling or any mechanically inclined content in the introduction, except maybe at the very end where it becomes chapter one anyway, so it's a place where roleplaying can start this weekend while we finish up our characters and aim to start the campaign on Monday.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 11:31 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Quote:
Tyeal, if Roux and and Avophior know each other well enough to have done that much work on the villa, I could change the last few months to accommodate a guild hall: though it would likely be in Hilltown and not in High Reach, as Avophior doesn't want any kind of industry or really work in his mountain resort.
Hilltown is fine. Roux is very much focused on just having things working. He'll avoid unnecessary bureaucracy and arguments if it means he can get his job done faster.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 11:38 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
I'll shift it so there's a villa with a guild hall in Hilltown for Roux.

How long do you think he'll have based himself in Hilltown? That'll give us some idea of how well they would know each other already.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 12:02 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Oh! Follow up thought, this is the perfect place for Roux's goals, too. The Winged Lion mountains and the forests at their base have always been a refuge for monstrous creatures and there have been long running conflict between them and the humanoid races which populate the plains and forests adjacent to the mountain range. With the barony located in that region (ie the dangerous outskirts of the kingdom) Roux is perfectly poised to help heal the interactions between the good people and the evil monsters (also take a moment to review the alignment rules for this game, I've intentionally struck a fiat conceit against moral relativism in the game. Of course this does not preclude good creatures among evil races, but definitely makes the persecution and distrust of them easier.)
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Triple post!

Game thread is up. There will be no combat or rolling or any mechanically inclined content in the introduction, except maybe at the very end where it becomes chapter one anyway, so it's a place where roleplaying can start this weekend while we finish up our characters and aim to start the campaign on Monday.
I can do some roleplay but Iím still not close to finished with my gal. Havenít even had much of a chance to think on her back story yet. I think she spends some times alone in the woodlands as well as time near the larger communities. So there is a possibility that both of you have crossed paths with little Zinxi before.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 02:13 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
We have plenty of time as needed.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
So for her 5 bonus levels are we using the Epic rules?
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 06:22 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
No, we will be using the hard cap rules from pathfinder.

Quote:
Epic AdvancementThis game will be using the Multiclass/Prestige class method of Advancing Beyond 20th Level in the Character Advancement section of the the SRD. Level 20 is a hard cap to class levels, but not character level. To help with the math, I've included the advancement of experience points, feats, and ASIs in 20 level blocks for your convenience.

So you have more experience points, and also a lot more starting gold.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 27th, 2021 at 06:23 PM.