OOC Breakroom on Mt. Olympus - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 27th, 2021, 09:38 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
So she gets xp, feats, gold and ability increases but no skill points or BAB or saves. What about CL increase?

I know that some sorcerer bloodlines and archetypes grant a familiar for a sorcerer. How does a sorcerer without one of these get a familiar?

Last edited by ricktur63; Feb 27th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:08 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
No.

Advancement Beyond 20th LevelMulticlassing/Prestige Classes

The simplest way to progress beyond 20th level is to simply multiclass or take levels in a prestige class, in which case you gain all of the abilities of the new class level normally. This effectively treats 20th level as a hard limit for class level, but not as a hard limit for total character level.

So you get five levels, and you can take them in any classes you want. If you take five levels of fighter, you get +5 bab (but your iterative attacks cannot exceed 4) and 10 skill points (plus int) and +4 fort, +1 ref & will, and a fighter bonus feat. But if you took rogue you'd get +3 bab, plus spells and specials etc. Or whatever combination of classes you want. Or take a prestige class. Or classes, depending on your prerequisites.

Effectively, you're the best a sorcerer can ever be. Now you get to start getting better at being something else, too.

There's a familiar feat you can use to get one: Familiar Bond. It has limited familiar features, but the improved version gives you fully functioning familiarism.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 09:45 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Also, please add your sheets to campaign ID 578 on the profiler so I can use the attributes summary.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I think she is going with a faerie dragon as a familiar. Her name will be Sudita.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:17 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Sparkle dragon!

I'd say how cute, but then she'd probably eat me.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 02:38 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Well I wanted a unicorn but there wasn’t an option for that.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 03:28 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
Well I wanted a unicorn but there wasn’t an option for that.
Pity, that would have been cool.

Do you two expect to be putting your character's pictures in every post, or just this initial one?

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 1st, 2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:34 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
I can make it a little smaller if it is too large. I like to put it in most of my posts if that isn't a problem.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:57 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Smaller would be great if you don't mind. I don't really like images in every post, but I accept that it helps other people make sense of things sometimes so I'm not willing to prohibit them entirely.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 10:53 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Rick, looks like your sheet is more or less done. Thank you for adding it to the campaign in the profiler.

How is it looking on your end Tyeal? Are you going to go with the trickster path for mythic? I'm debating about doing the same think for Avophior since it gets him a few more hit points and there's only a handful of arcane path abilities which function cleanly with spell-like abilities so I anticipate leaning heavily on the universal ones and any arcane ones I really, really want can be grabbed as needed through the trickster's talent which lets you pilfer other paths for abilities. Whatever it's call, AWB right now.

Also, also would both of you write me a (in your words) 50 ish word entry for your character to be used in the Dramatis Personę?

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 05:04 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Also, also, also I am going to put this in the first post of the OOC thread for easy reference, but considering how big the numbers tend to get up in these levels:

An empty Handy Haversack can hold 120 lbs of gear (the cubic area is harder, since most items in game don't provide volume values and so I mostly ignore it unless it's obvious: such as trying to shove 20 lbs of hay in there or something) between all three pouches.

Coins weigh a pound per fifty.
Copper pieces are .5 gp / lb
Silver pieces are 5 gp / lb
Gold pieces are 50 gp / lb
Platinum pieces are 500 gp / lb

Though not listed in the books, 100 gems = 1 lb. So...
Low-Quality Gems are 1,000 gp / lb
Semi-Precious Gems are 5,000 gp / lb
Medium Quality Gemstones are 10,000 gp / lb
Jewels are 100,000 gp / lb
Grand Jewels are 500,000 gp / lb

An empty handy haversack holds 6,000 coins or 12,000 gems.

An empty bag of holding I holds 12,500 coins or 25,000 gems.
... II holds 25,0000 coins or 50,000 gems.
... III holds 50,000 coins or 100,000 gems.
... IV holds 75,000 coins or 150,000 gems.

An empty portable hole only gives us volume, not weigh, so by fiat and for easy math I say it can hold 10,000,000 coins or 20,000,000 gems.

Fun fact, a portable hole filled to the brim with grand jewels has the equivalent of 100,000,000,000 gp inside.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 07:59 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
I have just a little left to figure out on the Ranger end yet. But I may go back and do some changes. I think her caravan wagon might have a couple of extra dimensional rooms to add yet. Two spare bedrooms and one secret room for her studies. I'll need to figure out the cost and details. So if we decide to travel together we might want to take her wagon.

Zinxi Majet - A very humble gnome healer who is also a powerful sorceress in her own right. She has a strong connection with nature. The woman adventures to grow and expand her understanding of magic and the natural world.

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:13 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
The quickest and easiest solution is just to have some portable holes against the walls. As long as the volume stays the same having it be flat on the bottom and kind of archway shaped is a flavor text choice which I'm fairly liberal about. I don't know of any extra dimensional spaces in the room building downtime rules or the ship building ones. You'd have thought someone would have made an extra dimensional cargo hold or extra dimensional storage closet or something, but it might be there and I just haven't google-fu'd it.

Thank you for the write up.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:45 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Okay so Zinxi fights with a staff and magic. If she takes Two-weapon fighting she can fight with both ends of her staff. Both ends are considered light weapons correct?
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:53 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Just one of them.

Double: You can use a double weapon to fight as if fighting with two weapons, but if you do, you incur all the normal attack penalties associated with fighting with two weapons, just as if you were using a one-handed weapon and a light weapon. You can choose to wield one end of a double weapon two-handed, but it cannot be used as a double weapon when wielded in this way—only one end of the weapon can be used in any given round.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 09:54 PM.