Old Feb 28th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I can switch mine from the Warlock/bard gestalt to Warlock (genie)/cleric (twilight)
Bard works so well with your background.

I see the party as:
  • Ranger/Cleric
  • Rogue/Fighter
  • Warlock/Bard
  • Warlock/Paladin or Fighter maybe.
  • Wizard/Alchemist

Of course we could end up without gestalt characters.

Last edited by Shula; Feb 28th, 2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 10:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 265
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
I'm currently in a few games, but none of them are moving very quickly, and I'm looking for something a little faster paced.

I'd be really interested in playing, if there's still room. I also love character creation and I feel like I'm something of a chameleon with my play style. I can do whatever's needed. Is there a particular party Roll that's not overly covered? I've never played gestalt before but it seems like the roles are less rigid this way... Is there a spot for me?
----
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
It seems like there's a fair bit of magic, and healing had been discussed. And there's some out of combat potential with 1 full and 2 half charisma based characters and one full intelligence. But the party seems potentially weak on the Brute force side, and also potentially weak in stealth. I could potentially go with a Barbarian/Druid combo to shore up some tanky/healing, but I've also really been interested in a monk(way of shadows)/rogue(assassin) multiclass to make an OP stealth assassin character. A Gestalt start seems like the perfect opportunity to pull that one out...
----
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 01:15 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2407
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character ApplicationName: Rai Hiztash
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Cleric (3) - Forge Domain, he worships Vost, the God of innovation, both in sciences and magic.
Background: Acolyte

Appearance: Rai stands 6'1" with a thin, gangly frame, sharp angular features, his eyes are a dull brown/gray colour, and his skin is a pale colour. He has long, braided black hair with thick eyebrows and a full beard. His ears are pierced with a number of studs and hoops from the bottom of of the lobe of his ear, all the way to the top. His dress is often his priests robes, covered in armour that is marked with the Vost's sign. The colour of the robes are a dark red-brown colour, with gray trim. His Quori comes out when his emotions reach to a point, when that happens, his skin turns into a more ghostly white colour, his eyes emanate the colour that represents his emotion, his hair turns to a silver colour and it looks almost like his skin sinks into itself, revealing much of his skeleton.

Personality Traits:Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude. / I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the worship of other gods.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Early years:

What Rai Brings:

Last edited by The Dark Star; Mar 1st, 2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 04:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Just realized recruitment is open to the end of March, not the beginning. Plenty of time for more players to put in applications.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
VonKlaussen
@ChiefDisbelief - while the Raven Queen does not exist (thank you, @Shula) there is an entity that takes her place, so the class feature is still available.

@Shula - the First Emperor is long dead by this point. His descendants still sit on the Imperial throne. The Emperor (or Empress, though currently it is an Emperor) acts as supreme adjudicator of the law - the supreme court, if you will - and also acts as commander in chief of the Imperial military. The Imperial legislature is a 11 member Senate - one for each of the provinces of the Empire.

Honestly with how much y'all are already working and thinking together to put together a party I'm thinking all of you make the cut. TBH I didn't expect so much response so soon - esp. as I'm new to the community.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 06:27 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
balan
Sometimes the timing winds up perfect. The right person posting an ad and the right people looking at that time.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 11:46 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
TheBoldBaron
I have a idea for a satyr artificer(armorer) with the marine background from ghosts of saltmarsh. His name will be Beta-Ray and he wield a hammer.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 05:08 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application
Name: Aevar
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk(Way of Shadows)/Rogue (Assassin)
Background: Hermit
right-aligned image

Appearance: 5'7" 134lbs. Aevar is slight, but we'll muscled from years of training. When he trains, wearing only his trousers, one can see the myriad scars that criss-cross his arms, chest and back. Unlike most of his race his skin is pale, almost papery. His hair, also unusual, is pure white. He wears mottled grey-black tunic and trousers, with soft boiled leather shoes. More often than not a cowl with face mask covers his head.
Traits: He's spent so long in isolation that he rarely speaks, preferring gestures, grunts and one word answers.
He is always calm, no matter what the situation. He never raises his voice or lets his emotions control him.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: He entered seclusion to hide from ones who hunt him, and he'll likely one day confront them.
Flaw: He harbors dark and blood thirsty thoughts that his isolation and mediation failed to quell.
Early Years: Aevar was born different. As such, a cult of Gothmun abducted him and trained him to be a mortal weapon. Later, he was rescued and taken to a monastery of The Nameless One. He was taught to hone his skills, to transform him from a blade into a vessel; to stop being a killer and instead become a shadow. And though he believes that he deserved his freedom from those who hurt him and taught him to kill, he still harbors deep seated anger and hatred. He tries to lead a life devoted to using the secrets and lies of the wicked against them, but sometimes he yearns for a more permanent solution to their evil.
----
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 08:12 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Please make sure your race choice is among those listed in the Brief History of Time (yes I know I have yet to update the stat blocks for my custom races - I'm working on that, among other things). If you're not sure what to switch to, just ask.

Edit: Speaking of; if you have any suggestions for 5e stat blocks for my custom races - especially the beastmen - feel free. I'm always open to suggestions. I treat my setting as a collaborative, living world. Extant races, features, and even historical events have been shaped by previous players.

Last edited by VonKlaussen; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Had an afterthought.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 08:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2414
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
What is going to be the initial plot hook/event for getting everyone together? (Assuming that it is not a Secret!)

I just ask because I am working with Candide3693 to create a meet up between James and Garl, and would like to integrate it into the lead up to the beginning of the game.

Last edited by triedtherest; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 09:06 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:12 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm very interested and impressed by your world. I can only imagine how many hours and how much effort goes into creating a homebrew of this magnitude. And your independent racial variants are impressive. But you're right that it seems that they could use an overhaul, in terms of adaptation to 5e. A lot of them have fairly significant changes to the ability scores, whereas most of the 5e races seem to have a +2 to one, +1 to another and that's it.
----
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:28 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
@triedtherest - I haven't decided. I might do an Elder Scrolls style 'you're all in jail' start <.<

@UGOTMERCd - yes I definitely need to reduce the number of ability score boosts, to bring them to par with the others. Some of them will be easy - Norns are basically Goliaths - whereas others I'll need to ponder.

And for the record I've been working on this setting for 15 years
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 12:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
balan
I've noticed the ability score modifiers have a 3.5 feel to them.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:04 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
What is going to be the initial plot hook/event for getting everyone together? (Assuming that it is not a Secret!)

I just ask because I am working with Candide3693 to create a meet up between James and Garl, and would like to integrate it into the lead up to the beginning of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKlaussen View Post
@triedtherest - I haven't decided. I might do an Elder Scrolls style 'you're all in jail' start <.<
@triedtherest, Given this, maybe we should just get it to Garl and James traveling together. What do you think?