RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 20th, 2021, 07:15 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
The Chaos Workshop

In this thread we can suggest, develop, and orchestrate the mad encounters and challenges we want to throw at ourselves.

Current Ideas
  • Tested by the gods (or their avatars or penitents) as they consider accepting or rejecting the group into their pantheon. Will we be invited into the heavenly realm or will we have to claw our way to the top?

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 24th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 06:06 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Well I think we should be tested if not by the gods, then by their avatar or penitents. Perhaps they are considering us for being raised to demi-godhood?
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 10:52 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
Well I think we should be tested if not by the gods, then by their avatar or penitents. Perhaps they are considering us for being raised to demi-godhood?
That's actually a good spring board for discussion. In my minds eye I was thinking of doing a lottery to asymmetrically assign divine rank 0, mythic tier 1, or 5 levels to each player. My thought process here is: between abilities and magical items many player characters are capable of generally the same things (think of how people tend to check off the boxes of "essential abilities" from protections to flying etc.) Handing out these boons would give each player something unique to contribute above and beyond their class abilities. Of course it is expected as the game goes along for things to equalize somewhat as the team acquires the abilities they didn't get at start. This would also be a decent spring board to the idea of the players being tested for more divinity, by awarding it slowly.

Or is this too uneven?

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 21st, 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:14 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Things being 'uneven' may as well be the theme of this game if we're starting decked out at 20. I say we lean into the chaos elements. I'm all for a lottery of seeing who gets a divine rank, a mythic level, or 5 class levels.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:36 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Point taken!
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:31 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
We could give an option of a artifact instead of a mythic rank or in place of the levels.

Last edited by ricktur63; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:17 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
I'm game. And if we lottery four bennies for three people, if we decide to introduce a new player later there's a boon awaiting them.