Game Thread Chapter One - Orhill - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 10:39 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Chapter One - Orhill

Déardaoin, the 14th of Deadtime, 1092 - 50 degrees and a wind storm in The Wastelands

Zinxi transforms into the giant caricature of herself and lifts her carriage in the cool, misty courtyard of the palace at Kingseat. The activity does not cause panic, the world is a magical place where people are used to spellcasting, Kingseat doubly so as the capitol where the most powerful tend to congregate. However, it is still a spectacle, and some people do stop in their tracks to watch with various levels of bemusement. She leaves the palace behind and in the same instance appears near the familiar tree she had camped at before and is slapped in the face by her new environs. Buffeted by sixty mile an hour winds she has to grip her carriage in both hands to stop it from being blown out of her grip. The tree leans over in a near permanent backbend as the winds tear across the rocky desert. In the distance the walled town looks completely still save for a few banners clinging desperately to their poles. Even as she watches what is probably the shingle over a business is carried away in the wind.

OOCWhen Zinxi returns to her normal, small, size she has to make a DC 15 Strength check or be nocked prone, roll 1d4×10
Dice Roll:
1d4x10 (4)x10 Total = 40
(40) feet, and take 2d6
Dice Roll:
2d6 2, 3 Total = 5
(5) points of nonlethal damage. Roux will suffer the same if he exits the carriage.
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 11th, 2021 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 08:49 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
The storm was unexpected but the little sorceress was not a weakling to be tossed around like a ragdoll. She was able to withstand the buffeting of the winds and maintain her footing. She reached out and grabbed ahold of the wagon wheel and made her way to the entry landing. Pulling herself up she opened the door and quickly made her way inside. She pulled the door closed behind her with her impressive strength. She turned to her friend and familiar Sudita. "Terrible storm outside. You don't want to go outside until it blows itself out. Come inside if you need anything." Zinxi went to the ironclad doorway and stepped into her dimensional space. She loved her homestead. She had designed it all herself. It reminded her of the place where she grew up nearly a century ago.
She made her way to the cottage and stepped into the common room before she called out to the two men folk. "Bad storm outside! Best we sit tight for the night and see if it blows over during the night."


 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 11th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Mar 13th, 2021, 07:32 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Avophior, unconcerned about the effects of teleportation, instead rides inside the vargo for the trip. This also allows him to see the spectacle of Zinxi's transformation. It was both entertaining, and gave a good impression as to what she is capable of. Being peripherally aware of the person's reputation, and practically exposed to their capabilities are a world of difference. However, he begins to rethink his decision to stay in the caravan once she picked it up, as the motion was a bit jarring. He gets the distinct sense he can now empathize with a bug captured by a child in a jar and brought home to show the parents. He also cannot help but notice the roaring of the wind through the exterior of the caravan when they make it to their destination. He opens the door as Zinxi is shrinking and squints into the wind, giving the gnome a hand getting back inside.
"You're right, it's quite blustery isn't it. Do you think your horses can withstand the wind? If so, there's no reason for something as pedestrian as weather to hold us back. I am confident I can drive the horses from the coachman's seat, if you believe they and your van here can suffer the winds."
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Mar 13th, 2021, 11:02 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
Little Zinxi looked at the Baron with a strange look about her. She shook her head at his inquiry. "Harry and Matilda can withstand the wind easy enough but they might be injured from flying debris. The wind nearly carried me away because of my robes acting like the sail of a ship. I won't expose them to unnecessary risks without great need." The tiny dragon sat up and stretched like a cat waking from a nap. Sudita spoke to the Baron's mind directly. "She's such a mother hen at times. She won't knowingly endanger any animal."
Zinxi must not have been included with the mental comment because she was thinking of alternative options. "I suppose I could pull the wagon myself. Oliphant's have really tough hides." She glanced at Avophior out of the corner of her eye. "I know the young king thinks the mission is quite urgent but will a few hours make that much of a difference?"


 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 13th, 2021 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Mar 13th, 2021, 11:23 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Avophior leans back against the inside of the caravan, looking up into the middle distance as he contemplates. After a moment he shrugs. "I'd prefer to move faster, but can't imagine a day would change much, if the King was content to wait a week to meet with us."
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 13th, 2021 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Mar 15th, 2021, 10:24 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,707
Roux
left-aligned image
Roux watched the gnome step outside with a furrowed brow. "Where's she goin? Unless this things drives- Whoa!" He felt the carriage shift under his feet, seeing the world rise through one of the windows. They looked to be above the castle walls before the world shifted in an instant. In an extra-dimensional pocket the purge wasn't as bad as he expected but he could still feel it. That harsh claw digging into his stomach and giving a twist. When she stepped back inside to mention the wind storm he darted out past her despite her warning, amber eyes dim under his hood.

The gobling was nearly knocked off his feet from the winds, clamping a hand over his mouth as he gave himself just long enough to upend the sweet cakes he just had, along with some of his breakfast, scattering it to the winds and dissipating very quickly. His free hand clutched the corner of the carriage, digging his nails in as he made a sound like a slime being stepped on while upending the contents of his stomach. He slipped back inside, wiping his mouth and producing a waterski to take a swig, and what looked to be a black stick of something he took a bite of. "Ya weren't kidding about th' wind! Thought th' reports I got about those storms were exaggerated." He checked his bandolier as he continued. "If we're within, maybe, 800 feet or so of th' city I could Door us in. Would save us th' trouble of dealing with th' wind if nothin' else."

Dice Strength check:
1d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19

__________________
My collection of niche/uncommon characters!
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with a razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; Mar 15th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Mar 18th, 2021, 10:03 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
The windstorm was a problem for traveling but not really a problem for walking to town. She retrieved her staff from her enchanted quiver and then she concentrated. Her shape grew quickly to nearly the height of the Baron. Her white robes and her bag were still intact along with quiver attached to her impressive belt. She smiled at the little goblin and then bent down to touch him. Zinxi stopped short. "Do you trust me?" She gave the little goblin kin a stare that said he could indeed trust her. The medium sized gnome woman reached her hand out and touched his arm gently. Nothing much happened except that he too began to grow to a similar height as Zinxi and the Baron. "Now the wind might be annoying but we should be fine walking to the gates."
The woman drew her cloak tightly about her form took up her staff and stepped out into the maelstrom. She set a quick pace while using her staff like a walking stick.


 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 18th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Mar 18th, 2021, 10:36 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Déardaoin, the 14th of Deadtime, 1092 - 50 degrees and a windstorm in the wastelands

The now evened out in height group exit Zinxi's caravan, and though buffeted by the high winds, are no longer at risk of two third of them being tossed anon as so many tumbleweeds. It is not a long walk from the tree to the front gate, which is drawn shut. As is common with palisade walls, there is a smaller door set into the large gates. It is made for human sized folk, and it has an even smaller wooden view door set into it at eye level. After the third knock the hatch slides open and a skinny kid, maybe seventeen, is on the other side. Conversation is possible over the roar of the wind, but it's difficult, especially with the door blocking the sound. The teenager gets exasperated and, in the end, reaches through the door flap and points down the wall towards the corner.
"That door!" he shouts as loud as he can. There's no door to be seen, but the hatch shuts on them. Walking to the corner, just around it is a door, as small as the gate walk-through door. It is open, and the teenager has beaten them there, ushering them inside and then forcing the door shut behind them. Once inside the walls, though it is certainly a windy day, the intensity of it has been cut by the walls. "You must not have been here during a windstorm." The guard kid laughs, "Never get that gate shut again if'n we opened it with all that wind a'blowing. At least the wind isn't blowing right against this door here." Straightening up he continues, "I'ma supposed to ask anyone who comes in when the gate's shut who they're and their business." After a beat of pause he adds, "Please. I don't want' get in any trouble."
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Mar 19th, 2021, 10:35 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
The lad at the first gate was doing his best but he was woefully inadequate. When he pointed toward the corner of the wall Zinxi picked right up on his intent. She was through the small gate as soon as there was room for her to pass. She stepped to the side allowing for the others to have room to move. When the young guard shut the gate the little sorceress shrank back to her normal size. She smiled at the youth when he pleaded with them to give their names and business. "We surely wouldn't want to get you into any trouble. Please! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the healer Zinxi Majet." She was laying on the charm quite thick. She turned a sweeping hand indicating the Baron. "I'm sorry if I missed your full title. Baron Avophior." She waved a hand in Roux's direction. "And of course we have our favorite scoundrel Roux. And as for our business... we are traveling on but we wait for the weather to pass. Please let it be known that there's a powerful healer in town."
The little woman was about as humble as a person could be. With her power and influence she could easily rule a nation of her own as a queen. The woman truly had no ambition to rule others. She saw herself as a servant to the realms. She normally gave of her healing arts freely. One cannot put a price on good health.


 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 11:17 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
The young man is outdone by Zinxi, and stands no chance against her charms. "Oh, that should do quite nicely Miss Majet. Thank you. A healer? There's an infirmary in town, not what you would call a hospital, but it's where you go. You're going to want to go there if you want to do your healing, but I'll tell Barnes you're here and what you can do and see if we can't spread the word." And with that he is off, nearly skipping to help Zinxi out, witless he didn't stay long enough to tell them direction.

AvophiorExiting the vargo Avophior raises his hand up to cover his eyes from the blasting winds. The clothing he wears, made from heavy fabrics and tailored to drape in fashionable ways, drag at him like a sail, flapping about madly away from him. His hair is instantly tousled beyond kemptness. Making it a few steps away from the carriage and the others the clothes around him begin to fall to his sides, swirling in the effects of a counterwind, and then rest at his sides and across his form normally, with no effect of the wind. Running his hands through his hair small tendrils of magic light, like small arcs of electricity, run from his hands and through his hair and down his scalp, smoothing out hte hair and returning his mane to its original styling. Avophior brushes at his clothes to finish straightening them out and then following along with the others. Once at the gate he figures out the pantomime of the guardsman and follows along quickly enough. It is far easier to hear him once inside the walls, where the wind is easier.
He nods when introduced, though has little to add... except to raise an eyebrow at Zinxi. Curious to see where she is going with her final statement Avophior says nothing which would distract. In his absence, Avophior asks Zinxi, "Do you think a town like this can afford you?"
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 22nd, 2021 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 11:34 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8232
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,707
Roux
left-aligned image
Roux found himself staring in bewilderment after the Gnome cast that magic on him. He could look Avophior in the eyes, and yet his clothes and armor still fit his heightened frame. He bounced in place, reaching for his weapons, his scroll tubes, wriggling his fingers, and seeing how quickly he could move from one end of the cottage to the next. "...This is some insane power you're packin'." He comments, before being told he could shift between the two forms! He tried doing so, closing his eyes to imagine his normal eye-line, and upon opening them he was back at his normal 3' 4" height. "...That shouldn't be that easy." The goblin muses with mild annoyance in his voice. He practices shifting between Human height and Goblin height on their way to the front gate, using Avophior as an anchor as needed.

Once they were inside and introduced, Roux snorted from under his replaced hood. "More scoundrel you tolerate, Zinxi. Doubt I'm anyone's 'favorite' even after I've been paid." He nods at the young guard from his Human height, adding, "Might know me better as Th' Dragon's Tear, or Prince of Monsters, or maybe Darkstalker. Got a few other titles I've been handed but those're th' most known."
__________________
My collection of niche/uncommon characters!
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with a razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Mar 22nd, 2021, 09:42 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
The little gnome woman with the almost perfectly white hair was pleased with the response she garnered from the boy. She didn't need to use any magic for most folks to get their help. She was smiling when the Baron asked if they could afford her healing talents. Her smile waned and then turned into a curious caricature of a smile. "I rarely charge anything for my healing talents. Most people are grateful enough. They pay what they can with a chicken or a piglet and I'm happy to do what I can for people. Besides... I make my coin in other ways. Like working for Kings."
It took her a moment to get her bearings but it came back to her slowly. The infirmary should be just down that street over there. "Ah yes! The infirmary should be this way. It normally doesn't take too long to help the people out. They also usually have the best gossip." The last was said with a genuine smile. That is the beauty of Zinxi, most people were glad to talk to her. Her humble nature was very disarming. She started toward the street where she thought the infirmary should be. Turning back she motioned for the Baron and Roux to follow along.


 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 23rd, 2021 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:50 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Déardaoin, the 14th of Deadtime, 1092 - 50 degrees and a windstorm in the wastelands

Most people are not out, and even with the wind break of the wall, it is still unpleasant to be outside in the bluster. The trio do not get any odd looks in excess of what one would receive being new, and being outside in bad weather. This town is not unused to strangers or to travelers. The second person they pass keys in to the group's inquisitive gazes, the faces of people looking for something, and are pointed in the direction of the infirmary. The squat building looks as if it was an old inn and repurposed, with no shingle outside but the universal symbol of healing, a blue crescent moon, painted on the door. Inside the exterior appearance of a converted inn is confirmed. Even the bar is in the same spot, even if it appears to be a reception counter now.
It contains more benches and chairs, and fewer tables, than a typical tavern or inn would as the open space appears to be intended for more waiting area than anything else. The waiting room is empty, though a bell hangs over the doorframe and jingles when they open it. Moments later a spindly, balding man with earth tone clothes and a gray apron steps out from a door off to the right of the bar with a placid smile. "Hello, how can I help?"
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 06:48 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2021
RPXP: 7245
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,179
As the trio entered the infirmary the gentle sound of the bell announced their presence. The sorceress made her way toward the counter that use to be a bar. When the elderly man came out to greet them Zinxi gave him another of her winning smiles. "My name's Zinxi Majet and I'm here to offer you my help. What type of sickness or injuries do you have today? We'll see if the Dawnflower's favor will shine on us and her healing light can cure what ails them."



 
__________________
Status: Normal for now.
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Mar 23rd, 2021 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 10:44 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 10440
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 20,017
Déardaoin, the 14th of Deadtime, 1092 - 50 degrees and a windstorm in the wastelands

The man tilts his head with a bit of a confused frown. "Eh." He answer, "Not many. Most of the injuries are a quick healing spell and on their way. We have one woman with terrible stomach cramps which don't go away, a man still in a coma despite healing, and a man with the bloody flux I cannot cure."
__________________
Current Games:
By Your Own Grace, The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters, The Tomb of Xhancar Ckancil
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB