Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
VonKlaussen
On the Shoulders of Giants.

Game NameOn the Shoulders of Giants.
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeStory driven adventure and intrigue.
FlavourHigh Fantasy meets Steampunk.
Plot SummaryCivilization as you know it is not the first to have existed in this world. The kingdoms and empires of today live amongst the remnants of Old Kingdoms and a mysterious Progenitor race - all long gone. Even the Heavens have seen turmoil - new gods ousting old, even slaying their divine opponents.

However, their relics remain; artifacts and lore that friend and foe alike seek to harness for their goals. Whose side will you be on? Will you seek only your own enrichment, carry your nation's banner, or do you believe some secrets are best left buried?

5e, home-brew setting. 4-6 players. Standard Array/Point Buy. Custom races available, custom class content may be approved on a case by case basis. Starting level 3, normal starting equipment plus 100g. If players are comfortable with it, we may gestalt - but remember that the crazier you guys get, the crazier your opposition (and I welcome it). 1/day posting desired, 3/week minimum. Will keep recruitment open until end of March - state preferred class and party role in recruitment thread so I can build a balanced party. Plot is geared towards Good/Neutral characters - if you want to be Evil, you better have a convincing argument as to why you'll play well with others.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 09:12 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Hello,
I would be interested. I have a character from my new player solo game that I would like to keep playing in a campaign if possible. Do you think this character could fit: Garl Gryfax? He is not quite 3rd level, but he is close. Also, he was generated using 4d6kh3 instead of standard array/point buy.

Last edited by Candide3693; Feb 21st, 2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 10:23 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Yes, I'd say we can make that work.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 11:42 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
OK, count me in. Is there anything that would need to be changed as far as his equipment or can I use the character as is?
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2414
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
What are you looking for in characters?

I have been toying with the idea of a Charlatan Background, Order of Scribes Wizard, who works as an investigative reporter (or nearest equivalent that this world may have), with the tendency to exaggerate the facts. Loosely based on Rita Skeeter (complete with a quick-quotes-quill!)
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:07 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
A good diversity in classes and characters that aren't just fighters (because honestly who doesn't like to be good in a fight in an rpg?) but good in a variety of situations. In the past I've had sessions go by without players rolling initiative once because they progressed the plot through clever thinking and smooth talking - which I applaud. This wizard of yours sounds like they'd fit quite well.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 606
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
I'm thinking of a human that was born mutated/deformed who was abandoned by his parents. When he reaches 16 he flees into the forest and learns woodcraft.

CUSTOM LINEAGE
right-aligned image
Size. Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Ability Score Increase. One ability score of your choice increases by 2.
Feat. You gain one feat of your choice for which you qualify or proficiency in any one skill.
Variable Trait. You gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate. for your character.

Name. Achemenon the Pariah
Race: Human
Class: Rogue (Scout), and Fighter (Champion) if we go gestalt.
Background: Urchin
Attributes: STR 10 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 14 WIS 14 CHA 10
Feat: Observant

PersonalityAchemenon's primary motivator is Recognition: To gain approval, social status, or fame so as to rise above being thought of as a pariah. He feels ashamed and distrustful. Achemenon is a pragmatic fellow.

Sometimes Achemenon needs to come into town for supplies. He looks for a little kindness at those times but rarely receives any.

AppearanceArchemenon's head is misshapen. The left side of his face has lizard-like scales while the right side has bigger a bigger eye and ear that looks bat-like. His left arm seems like that of a werewolf while his right is a normal human arm. Archemenon's left leg is hooved like a satyr while his right leg seems like a three clawed feline paw. He is 5'4" and weighs 140 pounds. His complexion is varied and the black hair on his head is sparse. Archemnon's eyes are hazel.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 12th, 2021 at 08:30 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 04:38 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Oh I can definitely work with that!
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
balan
I am very interested! I have an idea for a custom Water genasi warlock, where her patron is one of her genie ancestors. Background would be entertainer or charlatan. If we go gestalt, I'd possibly add bard or monk. I would have to get a bit more creative with a backstory to justify the monk.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 05:52 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Genasi are exceedingly rare in my setting, so be prepared for the consequences of that.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 05:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
What information do you need in an application?

Also, what is the name of the world (if it has one)?
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 06:49 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
balan
Genasi being rare just means more interesting interactions.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Application
left-aligned image

Name: James Skeeter
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Wizard (School of Scribes)
2nd Class (If Gestalt): Artificer (Alchemist)
Background: Charlatan
Personality Traits: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want. I grasp at any information that may be worth something, if not to me then to somebody else later.
Ideal: Aspiration - I'm determined to make something of myself.
Bond: My (False) Reputation for the integrity of my research means everything to me, nobody can find out it's a lie!
Flaw: I ruined an honest researchers career to protect my own and I'm fine with it!
Character in Brief: James is a Field Researcher for a publishing House based out of Sanctuary, which produces an ever-updated Encyclopedia called The Wayfinder's Guide to Viator.

Last edited by triedtherest; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
The name of the world is Viator. Information for the application: race, classes, background, and a one or two line brief on the character. Just to get a basic idea what they're about.

I'll post some of my briefing docs here in a moment, once I dig them up.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Here's some more information about the world and its history, as well as gods and language. Available races are in the Brief History of Time though their stat blocks have not yet been updated from pathfinder to 5th Ed. I'm currently working on that.

Last edited by VonKlaussen; Apr 6th, 2021 at 08:17 AM.