Game Thread Miss Ignisora - Page 35 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #511  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 10:10 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
No Refunds
left-aligned image

"Ahem," responds Izim. "Our a-gree-ment was that I would return your fluiiiids in exchange for the succubus, aliiive. The truth of your report is in-con-se-quen-tial. As are your costs and sac-ri-fi-cessss."

OOCIt's been a while, so I'll just remind you that he is correct regarding the letter of the agreement.

Last edited by secretID; Jan 28th, 2023 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 10:25 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Honeysuckle
left-aligned image

Honeysuckle knew the man was right, but that didn't mean he has to like it. He snorted, but hoped that there wasn't too much distain. Izim scared him and he did not want to offend. "Well. Umm, maybe another deal can be made so we get blood back? But another time maybe? We very tired and want bath."



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
"Ahem," the Norseman clears his throat uncomfortably. "Actually, the blood was payment for the loaning out of the rare book. However, I feel like this is a pretty important point - taken from post #80, I believeyou gave the addendum that you would have no use for the blood unless the succubus remained alive. She has been destroyed. While you made no promises to return our blood, your leading words caused some of us to believe it so. I ask you now to do so in good faith. You say that the truth of our actions is inconsequential? We've made very powerful enemies in your service, simply by rejecting the agreement they attempted to force upon us in order to follow the one between ourselves to the letter. I expect no thanks or commendations for our lack of treachery, as my honor demanded that I not break my word to you. However, your insistence on retaining our blood implies that you intend treachery to us - whether in future coercions or to bargain away to the powerful enemies we've made in your service - despite your repeated assurance that you had no nefarious intentions regarding your use of our blood. It seems an unbalanced price indeed, for the single-day loaning of a book. Also, we bespoke our fears of not being able to counter Ignisora's ability to go ethereal at will, and you gave us no ready means to counter such. As far as her capture, we were set-up to fail from the beginning."
OOC
 
 
 

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Jan 30th, 2023 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 04:25 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
OOC
Rolen is going for Insight (+6) into Izim's intentions and desires around our blood, and Persuasion (+8) on negotiating a plan of action going forward.


IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) 6 /Sorcerer (Divine Soul) 1 Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 47/47 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 0/2, 3rd(SR) 1/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 0/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 0/1 (SR)

The whole situation was giving Rolen a headache. "I was foolish and trusting of both Izim and Glanteth. Not unlike Peacekeeper and my initial deal. My Patron gave me the power to save my mother, but I was too late to save her. Now, Izim holds our blood, and Miss Ignisora is out of our reach."

"Hold!" called out Rolen, "The truth is that you two have differing interpretations of the agreement and the grim reality is that no court or noble will determine the true purpose of our agreement. "

Rolen glanced at Glanteeth and stared at Izim, "The reality is that you hold our blood. We've failed to meet the letter of our agreement - delivering Miss Ignisora."

"However, you said you prefer Business Associates. I'm new to this situation, but I understand that you have had a profitable association with Glanteth. Let us try and go forward on that relationship. What would be a new and mutually profitable relationship that would allow us to earn back our blood?"


 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 08:05 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
No Refunds
left-aligned image

Izim exhales slowly. “I did not mislead or cheat you,” he asserts, sounding irritated for only the second time in the adventurers’ several meetings with the man. “You placed a wager on yoursellllves, and lost. The cost of a gamble always seems too high when it must be paid.

“I preferrr not to rely on chance,”
he continues. “And so, as I said, I took your blood as in-sur-ance. It retains some value, if only because you value it. I made no promise as to its use, other than that I would return it in exchange for Ignisora Jaala. I will still honor that bargain. Yesss,” Izim repeats, looking at Glateth, honor. Until such a time, I will have no further dealings with you, cleric of Thor.”

Izim turns to Rolen, who, skeptical as he may be, remains Insightconvinced of the merchant’s sincerity. “If you want the blood o-ther-wise, That is, secretID may.I may find a task suit-a-ble to your skillsss. I so, I will have you found at On Your Shield.

“Birch,”
Izim says suddenly, “show our guests out.” The automaton stands at the ready near the party, apparently waiting for them to head toward the door.

OOCIf you're exiting, feel free to pick things up outside his hosue.

Last edited by secretID; Jan 30th, 2023 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 06:43 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
The Norseman had nothing else to say to Izim. He'd known it a mistake, coming to this creature for help. Spinning on his heel, Glanteth stalked out ahead of the automaton, not trusting to his own control if the thing had laid hands on him. As it was, he barely had enough control to not appear to be in a childish huff. At least Izim had said he'd consider a way to earn the blood back. That implied that he had no plans to sell it to their enemies the moment they'd gone from his abode.

Outside, the Norseman waited for the rest of the group to gather. "Honeysuckle's right about needing a bath. My armor needs a good cleaning too. Let's get over to The Shield." It takes no time at all for the blood of ordinary creatures to turn foul and begin stinking. The gore of fiends he'd been splashed with during battle seemed at least as foul.
OOC
 
 
 
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 03:42 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) 6 /Sorcerer (Divine Soul) 1 Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 47/47 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 0/2, 3rd(SR) 1/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 0/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 0/1 (SR)

Rolen is used to be on the short-end of deals, particularly with his patron. "That which does not kill us makes us smarter." mused the Hexblade.

Rolen bowed to Izim, "I await your call."

Outside, Rolen met up with his companions. At Glanteth's comments, Rolen sniffed. The smell of the sewage in which he'd gone diving was ground into his very being by the excavation work that they had done."Yes, we do need to go clean off. I'm a bit surprised that Izim would allow us into his house. However, we do need to find someone who can give us an idea of what Izim might be able to do with our blood. It was a foolish thing to do wagering something about which we do not understand the costs."


 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 10:18 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12888
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 5,087
Rikke Skyhammer
right-aligned image
Glad to be out of Izimís house, Rikke skipped down the street towards the inn, hopeful for a cold drink and hot food. Also, several hot baths. Or, maybe just one long hot bath. She wasnít sure which would be best for getting the smell of refuse off of her skin and out of her hair, but she would be glad to find out. Baern clopped along beside her, head low and decidedly upwind from her and Rolen, not that it did much good at this distance.

ĒBath first, or food first? I dunno. Iím pretty hungry, but that smell is not pretty at all. Maybe they can bring the food to the bath and I can do both things at the same time! Ha!Ē Sheíd had breakfast in bed before, but not breakfast in the bath, and was rather excited about the possibilities this new idea afforded. Rikke had clearly become wrapped up in her own train of thought, with Izim and demons shoved right out of the way, ĒThen maybe a trip to the shops for some new gear?Ē




 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 11:17 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Honeysuckle
left-aligned image

Ya....sounds important" said the minotaur in response to the need to find out what can be done with their blood. "Done in downtime?But sounds like a tomorrow thing?"
He stretched, almost reaching the neighbouring building's second floor. "Let's eat...And drink!" but his cheer was quickly lost when the memory of this adventure came back to haunt him. "...and maybe think...a drink for lost friends....poor Brimley..."



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 08:11 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
"I agree with Honeysuckle. First things first. A bath, then a toast to Brimley," The Norseman clarified as he started for The Shield.

The inn's staff seemed somewhat put upon at the ordering of four baths in the middle of the day. They did until they got close enough to realize they didn't want us in their common room without one.
OOC
 
 
 
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 02:12 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Honeysuckle
left-aligned image

Honeysuckle approaches a mage looking type in the Shield. "Hey. You look like know magic. If I...umm.. saaaaay, gave my blood to someone....what could do with it?". The mage looks at him blankly, shrugs and turns back to his drink.
Honeysuckle spots another magical looking person. "Hey. You look like know magic. If I...umm.. saaaaay, gave my blood to someone....what could do with it?". Their response, a maniacal laugh until they fell off their stool.
The minotaur moves to each magic user in the place and word for word repeats. "Hey. You look like know magic. If I...umm.. saaaaay, gave my blood to someone....what could do with it?"



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old Feb 13th, 2023, 04:34 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) 6 /Sorcerer (Divine Soul) 1 Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 47/47 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 0/2, 3rd(SR) 1/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 0/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 0/1 (SR)

Rolen used the back entrance to the On-Your-Shield, as he was too ashamed of his appearance to use the front entrance. There were negotiations with Lady Emily for various services required - the cleaning of his armor, a wash, and then a long soak in the tub, having his gear in storage moved into a room.

However, the man who descended the stairs was different than the bedraggled Hexblade that had arrived at the rear entrance. Rolen was dressed in his finest clothing, although still clad in half-plate. His staff was disguised as a walking stick, and the black runes on his armor were hidden. Rolen carried a rapier, his summoned pact weapon. Rather than bound up, his silver hair flowed freely but was tucked behind his ears to enhance his elven heritage. Skillful use of his disguise kit altered his appearance enough that a third party would not recognize him.

Rolen surveyed the group at the On-Your-Shield, looking for someone who would provide the requisite knowledge. Rolen didn't expect the Sage with the information he needed to be in the Tavern, but he was looking for someone to point him in the right direction.

 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 05:17 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
OOC
Arcana +7 to see what Kosev knows about uses of a blood sample.

IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) 6 /Sorcerer (Divine Soul) 1 Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 47/47 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 0/2, 3rd(SR) 1/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 0/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 0/1 (SR)

Honeysuckled wandered around the room accosting anyone who looked like a Wizard. In contrast, Rolen surveyed the room, looking for the right combination of knowledge, trust, and friendship. Finally, Rolen's sight fell on a man who match at least two of the attributes for which he was looking - Sir Kosev Kulenov.

Some time ago, Sir Kulenov had returned from an aborted expedition deep into uncharted territory. The War Mage was reticent about what he had experienced, but it was clear that the man had been profoundly impacted by what he had experienced. Of the three who had set out with Sir Kulenov, two had retired, and a third was still in the wilds.

"Sir Kulenov," Rolen started, "Might my companions and I" He gestured to Glanteeth, Honeysuckle and Rikkie, "call upon your expertise. We have an arcane matter and none of us are experienced in such matters."

Kosev looked up at the group, his serious expression lightening a little. He gestured to the table. "Come, sit. It costs nothing to entertain a question from fellow adventurers. As to whether I'll answer, it depends upon the question. However, please call me Kosev. As adventurers, we are equal. As to House Kulenov, it is a long way from here in both distance and time." Kosev sighed, "And my dreams of establishing my own house here seem to have run aground on the brutal reality of the West Marches. "


 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 09:30 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
The Norseman stands to greet Rolen and the other man. "Kosev? I believe I've heard of you," he lied. A little flattery couldn't hurt. "Please, sit with us." After waiting for Kosev to take a seat, "did Rolen fill you in on our line of inquiry? Oh... well, it's like this. A deal we made went bad - unfortunately a circumstance that I'm displeased to say that I take some responsibility for - but the end result is the point of our question. Someone now has a sample of each of our blood. We are ignorant to what kind of power this gives the person over us. That's what we'd like to consult you on. I know nothing for sure, but I believe this man that has our blood is a very powerful priest - likely of an evil god. I don't know if he's skilled in the arcane as well, but his resources seem limitless. I'm sure he'd have no trouble recruiting an arcane practitioner whenever needed. Any insights?"
OOC
 
 
 

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Feb 19th, 2023 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 01:00 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Kosev Kulenov, Human Fighter/Wizard
left-aligned image

Kosev listened intently as the group explained the situation. The War Mage pondered the situation before replying, "In truth, blood is an ingredient with many magical uses. Some people, for example, Blood Mages and Blood Hunters, use it to fuel their magic. It can also be used in some summoning rituals. It doesn't sound like you've donated enough blood to fuel magic."

"However, a couple of uses of your blood could be used against you. The first of which is to power various tracking and locating spells. The one who holds your blood could track you down individually or collectively. The second is, in some ways, even more dangerous. Your blood could be used in disguise spells, from simply disguising another as you to creating a simulacrum that mimics you."

"A lot depends on the power and level of hatred the person holding your blood has against you. You describe the person as a priest of an evil god with seemingly unlimited resources. It sounds like they have power and no moral compunction against making your life extremely difficult." Kosev sighed, "You should remember that evil powers are notorious for making bargains. The holder of your blood might trade it away for something else."

"Merely holding your blood gives this person leverage over the group. I would suggest not getting on this person's bad side and determining what this person might wish in a trade to give you back your blood."


 

 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB