Game Thread III. The Silver Cornucopia - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > The Ringlabor
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Fahd: Current HP 12/12, Spirit Healing 6/6 remaining
AC16, AC12 flat-footed, AC16 touch, Fort/Ref/Will +6/4/5

Lynx: Current HP 21/21
AC 18, (AC12 flat-footed, AC17 touch, AC22 vs OA (Mobility), Fort/Ref/Will +4/8/2
-status/defenses-


Fahd has just enough time to send gratitude to Lynx through the empathic link they share for her success in exposing one of their enemies, then the snow creature engages him. As the shaman manages to fend off the creature's first attack, he notes peripherally that Dan has fallen to the ground under the assault of the ice creature attacking him. Fahd is just about to ask Lynx to defend Dan when Silas takes off after Trotch, leaving a prone Dan to defend himself against two of the snow creatures. "Silas! Stay and help! Lynx can chase down Trotch! He's been revealed, but knowing won't help if we die here! Lynx! Stop Trotch!" The cat hesitates, seeming to want to stay and defend the shaman, but then races up the hill after Trotch with long, loping strides that quickly make up the distance between them. When Lynx catches up to Trotch she stretches her neck out and attempts to latch onto the fleeing man's leg with her teeth.

Fahd glances at Jeb, taking a step away from the snow creature attacking him and readying his aklys. "Help us with these creatures, Jeb!" Fahd then launches his aklys at the snow creature. The large bone thuds into the snow creature then falls to the ground.

Lynx attempts to bite/trip Trotch
Dice Bite attack:
d20+4 (10)+4 Total = 14
Dice Bite Damage:
d4+1 (3)+1 Total = 4

Fahd throws his aklys
Dice Ranged attack with Deadly Aim:
d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
Dice Damage with Deadly Aim:
d6+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
rolls
  #47  
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 35444
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,457
Silas can't seem to move fast enough as the creature presses on. Stumbling back through the driving white, he scrabbles to slide his blade back into its sheath, while diving out of the way of huge icy fists. One clips him on the shoulder as he makes a wild dive to the left, pulling out his bow and an arrow in one smooth roll. In an instant, as the snow creature barrels toward him, he finds his balance. Steady with his left knee planted and getting wet in the snow, he takes in the wind blowing from the northwest, the gait and direction of Trotch as he climbs the distant hill leading back up to Archeebald, and the battered fletching of his drawn arrow, all in one single impression. Then without thinking he aims high and to the right, and fires, diving out of the way of the ice-demon well before his arrow reaches its target.

And reach its target it does. A quick blur against the slate-gray afternoon clouds, it wobbles through the air and plunks down solidly among the vulnerable shoulder lacing of Trotch's breastplate. The man shrieks in pain, attempting to pull the shaft out when Lynx tears forth from Fahd's side and whips up the hill like a four-legged devil. The cat bounds at Trotch, but the man has enough sense to draw his dagger, and the 18 inches of steel are enough to keep the animal at bay. Quickly the man heads toward Archeebald, and leaves Fahd's companion standing not far from the bank of the river. After all, the Lynx spirit is too wise to tread brazenly into a stronghold of men. Instead it stands, sniffing Trotch's blood where it colored the snow red from Silas's arrow.

In the meantime, Dan finds one of the snow creatures rearing over him. He ducks left as a heavy club-arm smashes down into the snow by his head, and then rolls into a squat a few feet away. He shouts some kind of unintelligible words, and instantly another flash appears from his hand, exploding in the chest of the attacking ice demon.

Fahd scrambles to retrieve his aklys, flinging himself out of the way as the creature makes a wild swing at him. When he finally gets to the long, smooth bone that was once served as the leg of his dear friend, he sees Jeb coming to his senses. It seems the spirit-chaser's words had some effect on the dark-cloaked man. Pulling out his longsword, Jeb dives forward, slicing the arm from the attacking snow creature. The thing totters and bolts in Fahd's direction, wilding thrashing about, and smacking the shaman squarely in the belly before Fahd is able to bring his aklys down heavily across the creature's shoulders. In a spray of white, the ice demon crumbles into chunks of ice and matted snow.
Combat NotesParty Status
Silas: 3hp damage
Fahd: 6hp damage

Enemy Status
Ice Creature #1: Wounded for 4hp, AC 12 (attacking Dan)
Ice Creature #2: Undamaged, AC 12 (attacking Silas)
Ice Creature #3: Destroyed at 12hp by Fahd and Jeb
Trotch: Wounded for 11 by Silas, AC 18 (out of combat range)

Last edited by mountainbound; Jun 22nd, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
  #48  
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Krimchee's Avatar
Krimchee Krimchee is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 1450
Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee
Posts: 494
Silas heard Fahd's cry for help just as he watched Trotch bound out of range. Predictibly, he cursed. He wanted to take off after Trotch, but he could not leave his friends in need. Spinning on his heel, he whirled back to see a snow demon about to attack Dan. Withouth thinking, the hands working his bow a blur, Silas drew the bowstring back to his cheek and let fly. Not even looking to see if his first shot had hit, Silas knocked another arrow and fired with a smooth, practiced motion.

StatusAC 15 HP 13/21


rollsRapid Shot Bow attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (12)+3 Total = 15


Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (6)+3 Total = 9


Damage 1st shot
Dice Roll:
1d6 = 2


Damage 2nd

Dice Roll:
1d6 =3
  #49  
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Fahd: Current HP 6/12, Spirit Healing 6/6 remaining
AC16, AC12 flat-footed, AC16 touch, Fort/Ref/Will +6/4/5

Lynx: Current HP 21/21
AC 18, (AC12 flat-footed, AC17 touch, AC22 vs OA (Mobility), Fort/Ref/Will +4/8/2
-status/defenses-


Fahd is too intent on dealing with the snow creatures to spare any further attention on the fleeing Trotch. Shuddering in pain from the blow delivered to him, with a practiced motion he yanks on the supple leather cord attaching his aklys to his wrist and the bone flies back into his hand. His eyes widen at the flash of light from Dan's hand. The memories Fahd had gleaned from Jenson's spirit had suggested that Dan had power of his own, a type of power usually only wielded by women, but this was the first time Fahd had witnessed firsthand Dan using it. Focus, Fahd, the bone in his hand whispers in his mind. Survive now, questions later.

Heeding Ibram's admonition, Fahd launches his aklys at the next snow creature, the one attacking Dan, the first having been destroyed by the combined efforts of himself and Jeb. "Good work, Jeb," Fahd says with a tight smile as his aklys flies.

Lynx, meanwhile, stares at the fleeing form of Trotch heading into Archeebald. Not even for Fahd would she follow into town, but then, she knows that Fahd would not ask unless the need were very great. The cat turns her head back to look at the continuing battle below with the snow creatures. Her companion appears not to be in immediate danger, and she can't from this distance see the damage he has already taken, so she lopes back toward the shaman, ready to assist if needed.

Fahd throws his aklys
Dice Ranged attack with Deadly Aim:
d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
Dice Damage with Deadly Aim:
d6+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
rolls
  #50  
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 35444
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,457
The snow creature barrels at Silas, swinging great hunks of ice that the ranger barely avoids. Driven to protect his friend, Silas shoots furiously at the creature attacking Dan, dodging the onslaught -- but not entirely. Just as his second arrow leaves the string, the ranger's ears ring like a bell as his skull resounds from a savage blow. The force of the impact knocks Silas backward several feet, causing purple spots to dance before his eyes, and red blood to run from his ears.

Despite the chaos, one of the arrows finds its mark however. Just as the ice creature towering over Dan is about to crush the wizard, Silas' arrow buries itself deeply in its back, causing it to jerk violently, and allowing Dan to roll away. The wizard picks up his staff with shaking hands and raises it to defend himself.

Just then Fahd whips his aklys at the snow demon attacking Dan, but the weapon is deflected by one of the huge arms, seemingly doing no damage. Jeb, sizing up the situation, bolts forward, longsword flashing, and throws himself at the creature bearing down upon Silas. He smashes off a large chunk of snow, causing the ice demon to whip about unexpectedly. Unbelievably quick in its movements, the thing punctures a spiky fist into the Archeebaldonian's left shoulder before the man can dodge away. "Why you little bastard..." Jeb mutters, wincing.

If there is any good news in any of this, it seems that, for the moment, the man in the dark leathers is on your side.
Combat NotesParty Status
Silas: 4hp damage
Jeb: 6hp damage

Enemy Status
Ice Creature #1: Wounded for 6hp, AC 12 (attacking Dan)
Ice Creature #2: Wounded for 5hp by Jeb, AC 12 (missed AOO against Silas, now attacking Jeb)


  #51  
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Fahd: Current HP 6/12, Spirit Healing 6/6 remaining
AC16, AC12 flat-footed, AC16 touch, Fort/Ref/Will +6/4/5

Lynx: Current HP 21/21
AC 18, (AC12 flat-footed, AC17 touch, AC22 vs OA (Mobility), Fort/Ref/Will +4/8/2
-status/defenses-


Fahd notes the return of Lynx. Though it implies that the cat was unable to stop Trotch, the shaman is not concerned. As he pointed out to Silas, Trotch has already been revealed and the important thing now is to survive. Even as he yanks on the cord to pull the aklys back into his hand, though, a question arises in the young shaman's mind. Unfamiliar with the power that Trotch has displayed, it occurs to Fahd to wonder whether there is a spiritual component to the animation of the snow creatures. "Lynx, help Dan," he says distractedly, then opens himself up to the spirit realm, attempting to identify any spirits present, not just related to the snow creatures, but also in preparation for providing Spirit Healing for his allies. Allies including Jeb, who was witness to the actions of Trotch and can help convince the townspeople should there be any doubt.

The cat uses its quickness to maneuver around behind the snow creature attacking Dan, the Lynx spirit understanding that flanking provides a tactical advantage which improves it's chances of success, and claws at the back of the snow creature with one paw.

Fahd attempts to identify any spirits animating the snow creatures
Dice Knowledge spirits dc15:
d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20

Lynx attacks with one claw and flanking
Dice Claw attack:
d20+6 (20)+6 Total = 26
Dice Claw damage:
d2+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

Dice Crit confirmation:
d20+6 (13)+6 Total = 19
Dice Crit damage:
d2+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
rolls

Last edited by Tangler; Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added crit confirmation and extra damage rolls for Lynx if applicable
  #52  
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Krimchee's Avatar
Krimchee Krimchee is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 1450
Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee
Posts: 494
Silas grunted with impact of the snow creatures attack. It caught him by surprise, though why it flaming should he didn't know. It bloody well hurt though! Reflexively, he turned to the creature that had just attacked him and fired, his hands moving almost without thought. Seeing the arrow fly, point blank range towards his target, he knew that his sword would have been the better choice, but adreneline had him in it's grasp and he simply reacted.

rollsattack bow -point blank

[dice]Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (9)+6 Total = 15


Dice Roll:
1d6+1 (4)+1 Total = 5 [/dice]


statusHP 9
AC 15
  #53  
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 35444
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,457
Lynx angles around the creature attacking Dan, raking it with her claws and allowing the wizard to roll out of the ice creature's thrashing arms. With a face full of snow, and hands covered in the stuff, Daniel shouts a word. The next moment a bolt of white races from his snowy fingers, directly into the belly of the demon. It stumbles back and collapses into a fluffy pile of white.

Meanwhile, Jeb dodges out of another snow-club and shoves his longsword deep into the creature's back. Silas, backpedaling to give himself room to work his bow, draws hastily and fires. At this range, the arrow strikes its target as soon as it leaves its string. The bolt lances into and through the creature, making it explode in a mini blizzard.

Jeb and Silas block their faces at the chill blast; and when they look again, there is nothing of the monsters left. Now there are merely three piles of snow, and several red splotches on the snow from the wounds of the ranger, Dan, and Jeb. The local man looks confused, though not terrified. In these strange times, men were wise not to be surprised by such things.

Dan is just struggling up out of the snow when Jeb, instead of sheathing his blade, rounds it on the wizard. "You, you're a goddamned magus! You had better explain yourself quick!" The man winces as he moves his sword arm, blood trickling from his shoulder where a spike of ice had stabbed him moments before. "Trotch sure as hell don't have powers like that -- it was you who made them things attack!" He waves his blade, encompassing Silas and Fahd now. "What trouble are you up to here? Accusing evil of good people who've lived here in Archeebald all their lives... What are you after?"

Last edited by mountainbound; Jul 6th, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
  #54  
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Fahd: Current HP 6/12, Spirit Healing 6/6 remaining
AC16, AC12 flat-footed, AC16 touch, Fort/Ref/Will +6/4/5

Lynx: Current HP 21/21
AC 18, (AC12 flat-footed, AC17 touch, AC22 vs OA (Mobility), Fort/Ref/Will +4/8/2
-status/defenses-


"Think, Jeb," Fahd replies gently. "You think our own summonings would attack us? You know that makes no sense." The shaman looks toward town. "You are right in one regard. Trotch does not have such power. That, however, was not the man you knew as Trotch. The man you knew is almost certainly dead, killed, his identity assumed by the Stalker who killed him. You've heard of Constable Aldus? He, too, was killed and replaced by one of these beings."

"We are grateful for your assistance in defeating the creatures summoned by the Stalker. If you will permit me, Jeb, I can call on the spirits to heal the injuries you have sustained."

Fahd will heal everyone's injuries, taking as much time as needed, including Jeb's if the man allows it. Before doing so, however, he asks Lynx to patrol the area, especially toward town, to give them warning if anything approaches.

 

Last edited by Tangler; Aug 3rd, 2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Added a healing roll... 4 people injured, 4 rolls... also added a diplomacy roll
  #55  
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Krimchee's Avatar
Krimchee Krimchee is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 1450
Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee
Posts: 494
Silas leaned on his bow, panting as Jeb ranted. Silas just arched an eyebrow that seemed to suggest that the man was daft. If that eyebrow could speak it would have given a drawn out "Reeeeally?" A little dribble of blood ran down from Silas's nose and onto his upper lip. Silas could taste the salt in it. Silas wiped the blood away with the back of his hand, looking at it. He casually wiped it on his leather leggings, the rust colored smear was not that noticable against the worn brown leather.

Ignoring Jeb's words, but never taking his eyes off of him, Silas said, "Some healing would be grand Fahd, and I'd be much obliged." Silas figured if Jeb even twitched incorrectly that he could get two arrows into him before the man could so much as lift his blade at Dan. Normally Silas would have just bandaged himself up, but it would take time for him to heal. They did not have much time. Gods, do I feel beat up, he thought.

Addressing Dan and Fahd he said, "Whatayou guys think? Should we chase it, or will the locals like this one," he nodded towards Jeb, "string us up for crazy people before we can even get to it?"
  #56  
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 35444
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,457
Fahd's soothing words have an immediate effect on Jeb. The man seems to relax, nodding after a moment. "You're right. Trotch just hasn't been acting the same lately. Some two months ago it began. He's always been a miserable sot, but lately, he's just been..." the man struggles for a word. "Evil. Take yonder boat," he points to the boat that Dan just purchased. "I was with Trotch last fall when that boat finally dry rotted through on the underside. Water started pouring in so fast that we barely made it to shore! So I was surprised when this one here," he points at Dan with his gloved hand, "wanted to buy it, and Trotch sold it to him without telling him about the holes. 'Course that's Trotch's business, so I wasn't gonna say nothing." He adds the last part as a sort of apology, and you can guess that Jeb isn't the most savory of fellows.

"But now your business with Trotch is yours, and I'm not about to get into the middle of it. I don't got time for wizard bullsh!t." With that, Jeb strides off, up the path to the north and away from Archeebald.

With Lynx in the lead, the three companions follow along up the path that Trotch carved through the blowing snow. When you come to the area where Silas's arrow caught him, there are several red splotches of blood, quickly being covered over with white snow. A fast-receding trail through the snow leads directly back to Archeebald.

DM's NoteA survival check, DC 14, will enable you to follow Trotch's trail, if you wish to go back into the village.

Jeb does not allow Fahd to see to his wounds. Silas and Dan, however, do. You can repurpose Jeb's heal roll.

Last edited by mountainbound; Jul 9th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
  #57  
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
Fahd: Current HP 12/12, Spirit Healing 2/6 remaining
AC16, AC12 flat-footed, AC16 touch, Fort/Ref/Will +6/4/5

Lynx: Current HP 21/21
AC 18, (AC12 flat-footed, AC17 touch, AC22 vs OA (Mobility), Fort/Ref/Will +4/8/2
-status/defenses-


Fahd is somewhat surprised that Jeb's antipathy toward Dan's wizardry is so strong that he refuses to stay long enough to have his wound healed, but after a moment's reflection he realizes that there was a time when he might well have reacted the same way. The spirit world has opened his mind to things that it would have been rejected before, else Fahd might have been as suspicious of Dan's ability as Jeb. With a sigh of regret Fahd turns his attention to healing the injuries resulting from the fight with the snow creatures. He starts with Silas, since he was the most injured, heals himself and Dan next, then back to Silas. When he is done the injuries have been fully healed, all three young men fully ready, physically at least, for whatever is to come next.

"I hoped Jeb would stay to provide witness against Trotch, but perhaps my time spent among the people of the town will suffice. As far as whether to go or stay the situation has not really changed. The townspeople still need to be told, and if we leave now, Jeb would likely be the first casualty as the Stalker seeks to eliminate the only remaining witness who has seen him reveal himself."

Fahd sets out toward Archeebald following Lynx to the point where Lynx refuses to follow the trail further. "Thank you for your aid," he tells Lynx, then tries to pick up Trotch's trail himself.

Survival to follow tracks
Dice Survival dc14:
d20+9 (11)+9 Total = 20
-rolls-
  #58  
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Krimchee's Avatar
Krimchee Krimchee is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 1450
Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee
Posts: 494
Silas stretched luxuriously, hands locked together and arms raised over his head. Gods, I feel like a million gold coins freshly minted and shining in the sun. "Thank you Fahd, he said with genuine enthusiasm. He hadn't realized just how beat up he'd been from the fight until now.

At Fahd's words, Silas eyed both of his companions and nodded. Now that they were healed, they could definitely make a good show of tracking down the abomination. Silas just hoped that "Trotch" hadn't had time to whip up a mob of innocent people to greet them. The thought of fighting, and maybe killing, innocent townsfolk did not sit well with him.

Bow in hand, Silas set off with Fahd to track the abomination. He was sure he'd hit it with an arrow, so even if it didn't leave a track wide enough for a charging bull in its frantic flight, there should at least be some blood sign if they are careful enough to spot it.



rollsTracking/profession
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21

Perception

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (6)+9 Total = 15
  #59  
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:31 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 35444
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,457
Fahd, Silas and Dan trudge through the snow away from the river and back toward Archeebald. Lynx accompanies the shaman only so far, and then turns silently and heads back toward the trees, disappearing quickly. No wild animal would willingly tread into a village of men, and Lynx, while much more than an animal, was no exception.

It isn't difficult for Silas to track the splotches of blood in the snow -- both he and Fahd seem capable trackers -- while Dan stomps along behind, grumbling on about giving his last gold to a stalker. "And did you hear Jeb? The bloody boat is useless! If we find Trotch, I'm going to wring him until I get every single coin back!" The wizard brightens as the tracks lead directly to the entrance to Barrett's Pub. "Finally, a bright spot on the day. Don't know about you guys, but I could use a drop of wine."

Last edited by mountainbound; Jul 14th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
  #60  
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Krimchee's Avatar
Krimchee Krimchee is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 1450
Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee Krimchee
Posts: 494
Silas stopped at Dan's words about the wine and slung his bow over his shoulder. It wouldn't do him much good inside. He looked at Dan. "Damnit Dan, get your mind off the sauce! We don't know what to expect inside. The thing is surely waiting for us, and it might have friends." He paused to re-tie his hair back so it would be out of his eyes, and loosened his sword in its scabbard. "I think we will order a drink though, because it will be expected of us. I'll buy since you sprang for the canoe. But be ready for anything. We've got to find this bugger as quick as possible before it can find flaming reinforcements." Silas shivered at the thought. "Or before anyone else becomes its dinner." Silas also checked his daggar, to make sure it was ready to be used at a moment's notice. He might need it if it came to fighting in very close quarters.

"Any suggestions before we go in there?"

Silas is ready to go in, and anticipation of another encounter with the stalker has put him on high alert. Even as he's speaking, he's watching in every direction, as if expecting the stalkers to leap out of mid-air at any second. They've had some time to prepare, and Silas is afraid they might do just that.

rollsPerception check

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (16)+9 Total = 25

Last edited by Krimchee; Jul 14th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB