Game Thread Chapter Six: Be Careful What You Wish For - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
Nallaul has to think about the term for a few moments before he realises what it is. "Ah yes, a rather archaic form. I believe that practice died out centuries ago, under the original Lolth. Whilst I think that human and elf pairings were not......uncommon, I believe yours is first drow and human pairing. I can only assune you must have supernatural prowess as a lover to ensnare Zilira's attention. Well done." He has a lack of embarrassment talking about sex typical to his race.

The surprise that Zilira had caused over, Nallaul thinks about Morgan's offer to contact Xufaer. Whilst he longed to see her again, to know she was definately safe, it was tempered by the fact she would probably expect him to serve her again. He also thinks he detects another side-agend with the offer.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:34 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrith
"My congratulations."
”Thank you.”

In response to Nallaul he says. ”Engagement and marriage are more or less the norm up here. In our case I expect we'll be playing it by ear for the most part.” When Nallaul talks of supernatural prowess Morgan chuckles. ”I manage. She's a demanding taskmistress, but practice makes perfect.”
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Apr 30th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Quote:
"Without you? I seem to recall you running off to the underdark without even checking to see if I wanted to come along. I've been wanting to see this drow city ever since I heard of it, so I think I'd remember if I'd been there."
Zilira grins. "How could I drag you along to fight with who knows how many Fiends, six of the Seven (plus Deimos and possibly Ciin herself) and likely even the Drow we were trying to protect?" She returns the kiss. "If you really want to go then I'm sure I can arrange something, although I might have to put a chain around your neck and have you walk on all fours at first, just to get them to accept you of course." Kala goes red at that suggestion, while Malhas and Rhys stifle back laughter.

She smirks at Nallaul's poem, but doesn't say anything else until the Underdark is brought back up again. "The Fiends retreated soon after we arrived, but the damage has been done, at least in Che'eldelorbben. From what we were able to gather, the Fiends took or killed almost every Drow in the city. The few survivors we found spoke of the Seven and Deimos using their Deific powers to influence the Drow. Think about it, even one of the Seven can cause havoc, but having six of them all with their aura's fully active? It was utter chaos." She looks around at the others. "Coiya and many of the Children are still there, gathering the survivors - most of them slaves (as the Fiends were more interested in the Drow) - but the rest of the Children are making their way to the surface preparing for a fight here. I don't believe for a moment that they would squander this opportunity to flaunt the caveat, especially since this isn't like the Troubles: it's only them here, not the Saviours too. We may very well need all the help we can get." She gives a poignant look to Kala and Malhas and even the two Drow, before focussing on Nallaul. "What are the chances that we could get Xufaer's help too, assuming she shows up? I imagine she'll be wanting vengeance."

Once all of that was dealt with, they finally turned their attention to the matter at hand, with Zilira shifting into the form of a royal guard before they enter the lavish (if not so much as those higher up in the palace) guest quarters. Inside they found the rest of the Drow delegation slumped on the floor, chairs and tables, unmoving, with only a single figure still sitting up properly - albeit on top of the table with crossed legs.

Grey eyes were levelled at them, eyes that seemed to pierce right through them, followed by a knowing smile as the young dirty-blond-haired Elernan known as Hywel settled his gaze on Kala. "Hello dear sister, I was wondering when you'd be coming for me. I'm surprised it took you so long actually." At her glare, he glances around at the Drow. "Oh, them, since Tel'shar killed dear T'riss and everything went to the hells, it seemed pointless to hold back any more." His eyes rove over Nallaula and Felynda. "Oh, good, more Drow." He cocks his head to the side as he regards the pair for a moment before letting out an unimpressed sound. "Ah, so that's what happened. Well, at least Ira is dead." He summons over a bottle of wine, bringing it to his lips before pausing. "You don't mind do you? It's been quite a day."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
"It's possible. She is likely very angry about her life being destroyed. If you can get in touch with her, mention the fact I sing for her on her birthday. It's a private tradition that I doubt anyone else knows about." He, at this point, also realises that Tel'shar could well be a target for Xufaer, and groans. He would be forced to pick a side. How could he choose between them? It was impossible. It was like trying to eat soup with a fork. Trying to destroy a wall by throwing eggs at it. He sighs and says "Tel'shar and possibly his daughters may need protection from her as well. She might blame me as well, though I am hopefull she wouldn't do anything lethal to me."

Hywell
Nallaul looks round the fallen drow. It doesn't seem he knew any of them personally, though he recalls one face that had a brief affair with Fynn's Lakern friend. For the life of him, Nallaul can only remember the girls' nickname for the guy, which was mouse dick. He feels vaguely bad about this, but doesn't allow this to derail his concentration from Hywel. There is obviously something wrong with him if he thinks he can carry on a normal conversation, after presumably murdering several people. "I'm curious. Was Triss a willing partner, or was she under mental control?" He looks to Mrith when he gets answer and asks her "Truth?"
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:53 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
”The same way the Children in the Dark can be dragged into it. With them clearing out the lesser threats so that you, Coiya, and the godlings can deal with the greater. Or are all the Children in the Dark that much more powerful than I?”
Morgan feels he has a reasonable grasp on his strength, at least in comparison to the standard fiendish forces. On a good day and with a bit of planning only the upper echelons, like pit fiends and balors, were outside his reach, and even them he could probably take with some teamwork from the right people.
”Still, I was mostly joking. There is obviously work to be done here. We'll visit later. When we do, a collar and leash are fine, but I'm not going to crawl around on all fours for hours on end. It is ridiculously hard on the back and knees.” He glances at the others, eyes twinkling with amusement. "Don't ask how I know that."

Morgan's eyes widen in surprise and alarm when Zilira mentions that the Seven where there. Not their archgates or agents, but the seven themselves, physically present in contravention of Fisali's Caveat. It's a troubling development, especially considering that as far as they knew the Saviors were still bound by the Caveat. Grim tidings indeed for the drow themselves. Who knew what the fiends wanted them for. Nothing good, that's for sure.

Now is the time for other battles, and Morgan goes through the list of spells in his head one last time before going through the door into the room where awaited Hywel, and most likely one heck of a fight. What he sees is a combination of predictable and disappointing.
Hywel's smug smile and know it all look were the predictable and disappointing part. Morgan had played that hand against enough people to know the look at an instant. Any good charlatan was aware that you didn't have to actually know much of anything. All you had to do was convince the gull that you knew all and saw all and they'd second guess and hesitate themselves into giving up what you wanted anyway.
”We should find out for ourselves, rather than listening anything the pawn says. At least not anything he says willingly.”
He remembered his vision. The look on Hywel's face. Jealous. Annoyance. He can guess at the various causes of that jealousy. Kala most likely. Her importance, her freedom, her power, and perhaps even just that people cared about her as a person. Or perhaps he's jealous of his father's power, annoyed at his subservient role. Just about any of the possible combinations suggested the tactic Morgan had decided on to throw Hywel off his game. The pawn. Not even worthy of his own name.
”Sorry to keep you waiting, but really we had bigger fish to fry at the moment. And yes I do mind, the wine is for guests. Which you are no longer. You are a prisoner, or at least will likely be momentarily. I'd suggest you come quietly that we might take you alive, but it really doesn't matter that much either way.” Keep pecking away at that ego.

He also sends a quick thought message to Zilira. ”Zil darling. Are they dead, or just 'resting?'”
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; May 1st, 2014 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallaul
"I'm curious. Was Triss a willing partner, or was she under mental control?"
"Define 'willing partner'. If you mean to ask if I was raping her mind and screwing with her head then no, that was her modus operandi. She had guessed I was more than I appeared though, which is why she let me get away with things your kin normally wouldn't. Having a seer who can peer into the past of those he looks at is very valuable after all, since there's no defence against a true seer's visions." He cocks his head to the side again, gaze locked to Nallaul's. "No matter how deeply you try to bury the darkness."

"Unconscious but alive."

Morgan's words seem to successfully needle the Godling for a moment before he quickly knocks back some of the wine. "Well, last I checked you didn't have any authority here." He looks around the room. "None of you do in fact, except perhaps Zilira, but any authority she has is in an unofficial capacity. As for being made a prisoner, well, you're welcome to try, though you might find it more hassle than its worth, since I've not committed any crimes here and was welcomed into the palace as a guest. Not to mention that I'm also a citizen of Elern which always makes things difficult for Halvans." He takes another gulp before putting the bottle down, his eyes glancing over the Drow in the room as he sneers. "More importantly though, I've been in a prison for too long and have no desire to go back any time soon." He looks back up, his gaze focussed on Kala and Malhas now, although he still doesn't look like he's about to start a fight despite what he had said.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
Nallaul looks grimfaced as he relises what Elernan is subtly getting at. "Oh I know my past too. I was there. The fact you presume to lecture a drow on darkness speaks to your arrogance." He takes a deep breath. Nallaul realises he's going to have to tell them what e is. How much of a monster he became, otherwise he would always live in fear of it being discovered. Someone using it as a weapon against him . No this had to be done. "You may see my past Hywel, but that does not mean you understand me. Nor does it own me. I'm man enough to face up to my darkness. Are you?"
He turns to the others, feeling his 100+ years. The arachnomancer keeps his voice deathly calm as he addresses the party. "Hywel makes subtle reference to the fact I'm a....child killer. This is not an act that gave me satisfaction or joy. IHowever if any of you wish to take vengeance for the child, then.......I have it coming for that at least." He doesn't look away, standing, owning up to his past. He hated Myr'delith and Lolth that, before resigning himself to his fate. Tel'shar had once called him the great survivor. That was all he had ever done, survive instead of live. Now they all knew, but Nallaul didn't want thair pity. He wanted punishment.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 10th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallaul
"Truth?"
The young dragon didn't move.
"Most definitely."

She cared little for the banter with their obvious enemy. It was a just a waste of time, as far as she was concerned.
He probably wouldn't be tricked into leaking anything valuable as far as information went and a fight was mostly inevitable.
Can't we just kill him already? Or force the fight by demanding that he let himself be made a prisoner until his 'trial' for being the accomplice of one of the worst criminals of this age, at the very least?
It was clever of him to surround himself with innocents as a shield but she could control her breath well enough to avoid unnecessary casualties.

When Hywel gave his arguments to be let about his business, she couldn't help but bark a laugh in response to the absurdity of it all.
Rebuking him was tempting, easy and probably satisfying but she could do without more of that nonsense.
She clicked her claws against the ground eagerly, already imagining the taste of the meat around a seer-psion's bones.
Probably nothing special, but who knew?

Nallaul's confession got to her for a short moment. A sadness welled up and then dried down. Remnants of it lingered in her voice.
"Aren't we all."
It wasn't a question. She had no desire to judge or think ill of it and that was how she expressed it.
Anyone with power was bound to eventually kill others by action or inaction. War made murderers out of those who take any part in it and it was coming. We could wash ourselves of blame by denying direct involvement in the deed but it didn't change all that much except on a personal level. She was quite the murderer herself.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
”Sargent. Would you be so kind as to have your men start removing the unconscious drow to somewhere a little safer? Have a few men bar the door from the outside too.”

Morgan's eyes track to Nallaul briefly, his face grim and stony. He finds the need to very deliberately remind himself that he doesn't know the circumstances around what they were referring to. Until he did it he could not judge. Maybe even then. Hywel was just trying to stir up distention in the ranks. But... ”We'll discuss that later, rest assured, but I've learned my lesson about snap judgements and we've other matters to attend.”

His gaze turns back to Hywel.
”Don't have the authority? I'm sorry, I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Archmage Morgan Wainraith.” Morgan speaks as though to a child. ”An archmage has many duties. Including amongst them, protecting the royal family and nobility. In my particular case I'm working directly for Vulcar the second. Detaining you is well within my authority, as well as that of any of the royal guardsmen right here with us. Even if you weren't the son of Zera, an enemy of the realm, even if you had originally owned up to your true identity, keeping us from saying you gained your now former guest status under false pretences, which it seems you did, I would still be required to detain you.” Morgan leans forward. ”Do you know why?”
The mage straightens up and continues in a more normal tone.
”We just found you sitting in the middle of a pile of bodies. If you're hoping to walk free, you probably shouldn't do things like magically assault a dozen guests. Just a suggestion.” The corner of Morgan's mouth quirks up with a trace of amusement despite the tension and seriousness of the situation. ”Oh and theft of the king's wine.” He briefly considers blasting the wine out of Hywel's hand, but decides he'd be better off saving for the potential fracas.
”Let us worry about Elern. Without Wade mucking about we shouldn't have much trouble over your arrest. After that I suppose the discussion will be over whether you go with them or stay with us.”
Morgan shrugs as if to say it didn't matter who Hywel went with. Elern would no doubt be eager to discuss his desertion and parentage.
"So, time to break out a worn old trope. Easy way or hard way. You pick."
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Like Morgan, the others don't seem as concerned about Nallaul's confession as he might expect, while Felynda doesn't even bat an eyelid and Zilira, in her guardsman guise, gives him a sympathetic look before turning her attention back to the Hywel. "Don't give him the satisfaction of playing his games. Even if he's not a Telepath like his father, he is still dangerous."

As the sargent sends his men forward, the Godling in question stares at Morgan, eyes locked, before putting up his hands. "Fine, though I must admit I'm surprised you haven't asked me about your friend, it's almost like..." He trails off, looking back to Morgan and then Rhys. "...like you don't know yet." A unpleasant grin spreads across his face. "Tell me Morgan, Rhys, how is Sister Rosa?"

Rhys predictably steps forward, but, surprisingly, it is Felynda who speaks up first. "Back in the Underdark he would do this all the time. Drive wedges between people, reveal weaknesses, and generally try to turn them against each other. You'd best gag him or he'll keep at it." The Sargant looks questioningly towards Morgan before doing as the Drow suggested.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
He turns to Morgan. "What's a trope?"
Nallaul confirms what Felynda said. "Yes. Absolutely. For good measure I'd also knock the wael out as well. If I didn't know better I'd say he wants us to kill him. Perhaps he fears his father's wrath for failing so abjectly as a Seer, and failing to fulfil his design"
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
Morgan gives an intelligent snort at Hywel's ploy.
”Thank you Ms. Felynda, I expect you're right. Although this particular attempt is pretty pathetic. He leaves us with two possibilities. Either he's lying, drive a wedge as you said, or he's a massive idiot that exposes his own allies at a loss in comparison to having an ally hidden amongst his enemies.”
He places a comforting hand on Rhys's shoulder.
”Yes, I think a gag, magus shackles, and blindfold will all be in order.”
The latter might at least make it more difficult for him to use his psychic powers on others.
”I must admit, this is a little anticlimactic. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after your brother ran away with his tail between his legs. Maybe one of the others will decide to make a fight of it.”

He makes no comment to Nallaul's words, beyond to say he'd explain Tropes later.
In truth he isn't entirely sure Hywel isn't right where he intends to be. If he hadn't been expecting them to come for him he should have tried to make his escape immediately after T'rissafay's death or when Morgan started pressuring her about her pet psion, they'd been busy and the normal palace guard would have been far less a challenge than Zilira and Kala. Instead he stayed to play around with the drow and wait for their arrival. And if he'd known further in advance due to his seer powers then Hywel should have made his escape before they'd even arrived in Halvanna.
No. Morgan suspects they'd be better off getting him out of the palace sooner rather than later.
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old May 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Hywel smirks. "Very well, perhaps she'll survive long enough for you to realise your mistake and find her, though I wouldn't hold up my hopes."

Rhys steps forward again. "If he's no longer a guest does that mean I can break his nose and a few teeth?" The tall human asks Morgan, cracking his knuckles and earning a smile from Zilira. Regardless of the answer the Sargant quickly moves in to detain the Godling who, true to his word, doesn't put up any resistance even when he is shackled, gagged and blindfolded before being led away.

Malhas looks at the retreating group of soldiers leading him away with suspicion. "I think I'll keep an eye on him as well. We still don't know exactly what he is capable of." Kala looks like she is about to do the same before he holds up a hand. "You'll be of more use out there, especially if the Children are right about the Fiends not being done yet. I can't see them giving up an opportunity to cause havoc without the Saviours getting in their way. You're one of the few people who will be able to give them pause, not to mention your talent at healing." Just as Malhas moves to follow the soldiers and Hywel a trio of soldiers comes around the corner with a familiar figure standing in the middle.

left-aligned image
Xu'deln had obviously been looking for them, as he only picked up the pace when he spotted them, causing the soldiers to match him in order to place two of their number between Xu'deln and the other Drow, although the Half-Drow doesn't pay any attention to the pair, focussing his attention on Morgan. "Something bad is going to happen." His eyes dart around suspiciously. "They won't stop talking about it!"

One of the soldiers, a Royal Guard by the name of Anders, steps forward a little to address. "He's been muttering much the same for the past hour Archmage. I offered to take him to the meeting, but he said they wouldn't be able to understand."

As Xu'deln steps forward into more light it suddenly strikes them that there is something decidedly off about his appearance. In place of normal black pupils his eyes instead have a black spiral in each eye both rotating outwards. There is also something on his skin that seems to shimmer as he moves under the light, scales? Silver, black, green, blue, amber, red...it can't be a simple trick of the light, but the scales themselves shifting from one to the other, shimmering under the light. There are smatterings of them on the back of his hand, neck and brow.

"First they say the world will burn, then they say that a chain of blood will be broken, and yet more talk of a return to the Demongate Wars." He reaches out to grasp at Morgan, looking wildly from him to Kala. "Can't you shut them up? Stop it? You see things too, hear things, how do you make it stop?!" Even the Drow hadn't seen Xu'deln in such a state, even at his worst moments in the Underdark.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywel
Hywel smirks. "Very well, perhaps she'll survive long enough for you to realise your mistake and find her, though I wouldn't hold up my hopes."
Morgan shrugs. ”I've been doing pretty good ferreting out you kids so far.” Hywel's words do bother Morgan. His own vision had said that one would appear as a friend. In the end though it was just one more concern in a life rapidly filling with them. Nothing for it but to do his best and hope for the same.

Malhas's suggestion is met with a nod. ”Good idea. See what you can find out about his abilities and if he's had his potential stripped.”

When Xu'deln appears Morgan waves off Anders with an understanding nod. When the drow reaches out to grasp at Morgan the mage puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.
”I don't stop it. I can't. I only ever found one way, and that door is closed to me now. It wouldn't even work for you. My connection is to the living, yours the dead.” Morgan leans down to catch the distraught drow's eery eyes with his own. ”But I think I might know someone who can help you. Give me a moment.”
From his haversack Morgan draws forth a small spool of copper wire and a handful of nails.
”Xu'deln. Nallaul is really here. So is Felynda.”
Cutting two lengths of the soft metal off the spool Morgan moves over to the table. He makes a few scratches, looking like measurements, in the table before hammering a few nails in with the hilt of his utilitarian dagger. He winds the wire around through the nails with nimble fingers, crimping here, twisting there. In but a few moments he's created the image of a skull. Prying up and switching around the nails, he makes a few more measurements and starts in on the second length of wire. When he's done there is a simple depiction of a pair of scythes.

Putting the two together he's created a makeshift holy symbol of Salorne. Talking to a certain goddess through her holy symbol is an old hat by now, but Zilira doesn't have the sheer number of worshippers that Salorne does. How best to get his attention? Probably start with the subject.
Xu'deln, your and Ciilla's drow friend, needs your help. He's nearly at the end of his rope. You and she helped him before, please help Xu'Deln again Salorne.
Maybe he could help Xu block them out, or maybe he can just get the ghosts to leave him alone when he asks. Maybe. The trick as always was to find the right ingredients and put them together.
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; May 12th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old May 12th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
Nallaul can't really believe he's seeing Xu'deln after all this time. They were never close, but still it's a shock. Nallaul suspects if Xu was in control of his himself he would be paranoid that Nallaul and Felynda were here to kill him. Whilst he couldn't speak for Felynda, Nallaul knew he would never hurt the child of Xufaer. Even if the Arachnomancer occasionally resented the fact that Xu was the only one Xufaer truly loved..When Morgan says the pair are really there, he chuckles dryly and says "I doubt he finds that much of a comfort."

He turns to Zilira, keeping his eyes down. "Goddess. Something I've been meaning to ask you. Is the one whom goes by Sulion one of your children? I also suspect the one she called Gadget was her brother. The reason I ask is that I suspect she orignally intended to release the paragons iimmediately and have you rescue us via locating your holy symbol she gave me. That implies she knows you well enough to predict your reactions."
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB