Game Thread Chapter 6c: A Shadow Over Feid - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 05:58 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
At Didina's words Morgan affects the snobbery air of a proper upper class twit.
”Indeed madam, indeed.”

When Rhys makes his suggestion Morgan raises an eyebrow.
”So I get to hang out with the two beautiful women while you are over there alone with the drow guy. You know I'd always suspected...-uh I mean sounds good to me.”
He produces a coin purse clinking with potion bottles. Anyone who doesn't have a healing potion or two on them already receives a Potion of Lesser Vigor.
"Once we're done with the fiends check the fallen soldiers. By chance one or two of them might still Made their stabilization checksbe alive"
While Morgan is talking Eloise produces some lock picks and checks the door to the building Rhys and Nallaul would use. She is more than capable of making short work of any mundane lock.

Morgan hefts his ouroboros of extendrod.
”We'll zip around the block to get to the other side without passing in view of the square. Any final preparations better happen now, because once I cast haste the clock starts ticking. It only lasts for a little over three minutes.”
Once he gets the all clear Morgan casts his final preparatory spell, infusing the entire group with energy and power to move like the wind itself. He immediately puts that energy in to action sprinting back the way they came, cutting around to make three quick right turns, coming at the mouth of the square from the other side. The moment they're inside the other building he sends a quick signal to Humility that she was up.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jul 21st, 2014 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
Nallaul doesn't join in the banter. He wants this to be over so he can get back to focusing his efforts to freeing Tel'shar from the Rivven. Nodding to Rhys he says. "Very well then rivvil. You may take the lead Rhys, since your stealth skills are likely better than mine." He takes a moment to cast Nerveskitter and is ready/ "Let's go. As a personal favour to me, Morgan, if you could refrain from the "banter", that would be ever so good of you," As the haste spell washes over him, he goes with Rhys.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 12:46 AM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
Once everyone worked out what they were going to do, Humilty stood while Morgan case the spell of Haste over them while playing with his rod. Was that normal? She wasn't sure if it was something she had seen a mage do before when casting that commonly used combat magic. Was it necessary or just an affectation of his? Casting magic was something she only knew of from seeing it when it was used by the magically gifted amongst her Brothers and Sisters, and it wasn't her speciality. She was sure there must be some reason for it. The only reason she pondered it at all was as a part of settling her mind in the run up to the upcoming situation where she would need to focus every iota of attention on what she was doing. The slightest distraction could kill her when pulling a stunt like this. She even though it was rather more daring and reckless than what she normally did these days, and the thought that she might be backsliding to her old self put a sour lump in her throat. Was just trying to impress these Freeborn? Did she want to give them a proper example of what the Children were capable of when battling Fiends, or something along those lines? It might be so. She vigorously resisted and eschewed and pride in herself personally, along with hubris in general. But her pride in her people was a different matter. As one of the first Children to be fighting as part a group composed of Freeborn, she needed to make sure she made a proper showing. She wasn't trying to show off or be the centre of attention or anything like that. She firmly convinced herself so that she wouldn't be struggling with self-doubt or loathing when she needed to concentrate on her opponent. Yes, if it was the old Humility she'd be loving every second of this and be planning to take down the dracolich all by herself and take all the glory. Not now though. Now she was only thinking that she would be lucky to survive the madness she was about to enact.

Crouching in the shadows and waiting, after a short moment the confirmation came through the mindlink that they were ready. She gave a nod to herself, took out the golden draught and gulped it down, laying the empty vial on the ground before she rose to her feet. She breathed deep once and tried to remember. The old Humility, the young, ignorant and self-centred Humility who only thought of how wonderful, talented and attractive she was and never considered the consequences of her actions until it was far too late. It was hard after so firmly conditioning herself to never even think in that same direction a second time, but she could at least remember. Feeling just a little resistance against the act, she forced a egotistic smile onto her face and held her blades at the ready. Then, trying to act the way she remembered she firmed her resolve and then swaggered towards the square and took a step out into the open, just far enough that she could be clearly seen.

She waited for that one instant between being noticed and them reacting to her presence, then acted first. She made an eye-catching dramatic flourish with the sword in her left hand and threw it into the ground at her feet with a satisfying thunk, before just as melodramatically extending her right arm out straight so that the other sword pointed right at the dracolich. With her other hand free she then removed the ruby tinted goggles that had covered her eyes until then in a deliberate manner to draw attention to it so. Her eyes were clearly visible so that the dracolich would be in no doubt that it was really her. They were green. And not just any green, not the natural greenish pigment of normal humanoid eyes, no these were a vivid emerald in colour that almost seemed to glow from within even with her squinting against the blinding, baleful light from above. Even from a distance they drew the eye, seeming both beautiful and unsettling at the same time. No-one could describe them as anything but uncanny. This done she called out in a loud, provocative tone filled with contempt that could be heard across the entire square. She spoke in infernal, the language that all devils and those who served them would be familiar with.

 


She let it hang for a moment, before she changed her expression to a look of wide-eyed dismay and blurted out.

 


For an instant she kept up the transparent act of false contrition, before replacing it with a sarcastic smirk. The moment of surprise at her appearance and words that had let her talk instantly passed as she quickly placed the goggles back on so that she could see properly again and pulled her sword out of the ground with panache as she stood waiting for the dracolich's reaction. Inside she was terribly conflicted. Sure it was just an act that was more than a little stiff and overdone, but she was surprised and bitter to realise how much she was enjoying it. A part of her was still having fun acting the vainglorious bravo and mocking the enemy in front of her. The old Humilty would have been in her element, revelling in the situation. She swallowed a stab of self-loathing and resolved herself to keep it as an act and stay focused and clear-headed should this all go the way she wanted it to.

 
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
OOCI'm fine with her removing the goggles for dramatic reasons without mechanical penalty in this instance since they're magical in nature and because I assume she's not leaving them off.

At first, it looks as if the Erinyes were about to fire just as she started to speak, but Aussir held up a skeletal claw to halt them, listening patiently to the green-eyed Drow with those piercing, burning eyes. His skeletal face was impossible to read without skin and muscle to show his expression, but his body language did not seem to indicate that he was going to fall for the bait, although his claws did flex into the ground at her insults.

Once she was finished the dragon let out a deep, reverberating chuckle, and when he speaks, matching her in the which Didina can/will translate for anyone who can't speak itinfernal tongue his voice seems to resonate from his very bones. "El'lina, El'lina, El'lina..." He shakes his head in disbelief. "...do you really think that I have lived so long that I am senile enough to fall to such taunts? That tongue of yours may have undone many before, but I know you too well and have lived for too long to fall for such tricks." He glances around. "I will assume that you have allies hidden here, waiting to help free these miserable wretches, or at least nearby, for everything we have heard of you says you are not the same woman you were when you returned to us. Or did you think we would forget about you, El'lina? Give up? No, we have watched you as close we can and kept tabs on you in every other way available to us. But to confront me here?" He chuckles again. "You have saved us a lot of trouble by presenting yourself to us here, just as you did by so graciously running straight into our grasp before. If you wanted to return to your father so desperately then all you had to do was ask." The amusement in his voice soon dies.

"But you will not be that accommodating, will you El'lina? No, I didn't think so, not without the proper motivation at least." He lifts a rear clawed foot over one of the captives, flexing it in the air just above their head. "They mean nothing to me El'lina, but they are something to you. Come with me and you have my word they will be spared our chains. Refuse and they will either die here or die as slaves. What will it be El'lina? Your submission for so many lives? That is a fair bargain is it not?"

"What in the name of Inanna and the bloody Saviours is he talking about Humility? He's talking about you with a lot more familiarity than if you fought him once." Didinas mental communication to the Drow (and the others) carries with it a great sense of annoyance.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Jul 13th, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 11:21 PM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
As soon as the dracolich began talking Humility realised that she had made a critical misapprehension. The familiarity, the way he used the name 'El'lina' which had been her name before her Swordright when she was still a little girl and had hardly been used in the years since. She much preferred her gifted name after all. The pose and expression mocking arrogance instantly vanished to be replaced by a mask of tight self-control with a hint of nausea. Her stomach twisted as she made the connection and realised what she had overlooked. Was it her? Had she finally backslid into careless hubris after fearing it for so many years? Or was it being in within mere miles of the Lone Lord in the flesh that had shaken her judgement more than she had realised and had undermined her judgement. Whatever the case when Aussir raised his claw to threaten the captives and instructed her to hand herself over swiftly followed by Didina's frustrated demands for an explanation over the mindlink, the drow Child bit down and ground her teeth hard, squeezing the hilt's of her weapons in a death-grip.

[["As far as I am concerned I really did fight him the once and have not seen him since, but that is only what I can recall. As it stands I have no memory of what went on between the time of my capture and my eventual.....rescue."]]

Though it is not spoken speech there is still a sense of volume and emotion to mental communication much as with verbal and in this case her words are quiet, intense and underlined with shame. The tone catches for a moment as she mentioned the rescue, but she doesn't go into detail or let it slow her down in the critical situation.

[["The Lone Lord had me under his control for a period of time. The Sword broke the chains on my mind and assured me that that Invidia no longer had any power over me, but try as we might no memory of my capture remained after the moment I came face to face with Him. I had assumed for some reason that the Dracolich only participated in my capture and had nothing to do with me since, though that seems foolish now. For all I know he could have spoken to me every day I was held for...... I apologise. I should have explained this before, I just....don't talk about. Ever. No knowing what was done with me during that time, what they made me do....I could be driven mad just wondering over it if I let myself. I was advised that it was better not to dwell on it too much lest it consume me, and it seems to have become a habit. Since on this occasion it caused me to not think about it at all when I should have. A mental blind spot perhaps? I'll have to reflect on it if I live long enough. Though I should say that this is exactly what I said Aussir would do with the captives if we attacked, so no matter if I did this or not....no. That is just an excuse. The fault is mine. How would you have me proceed Morgan? I'm not confident in my judgement right now. The Lone Lord.....His proximity is making me more unstable than I realised. "]]

Her sending is filled with blame but also with a strong intention not to let it distract her from the situation at hand, that there are still people who need to be saved. The fact that she belatedly divulged the details of her capture at all when she normally refused to speak of it even to people who knew her well, showed how deep her regret and sense of responsibility was, though they might not know it not being so familiar with her. She had not intentions of avoiding any blame they put on her though, as she felt they had the right to. Both times she refers to Invidia, a deep and heavy emotion can be felt through the Link, a black hatred as potent as anything they have ever experienced. The fact that she's failing to control her emotions to such an extent also showed how much her equilibrium had been disrupted. Not taking her eyes of Aussir, she sent to Morgan.

[["Please decide quickly. I will try to keep him talking as best I can, but with how well things are going us here he'll surely demand I decide immediately. If you think I should hand myself over in exchange for the captive, I will do it. Though I surely will not be taken alive however it turns out. Do you think I can agree to the exchange and then turn upon them as soon as the captive are outside the line of fire? I'm sure he'll be expecting it, but I can't think of anything better right now...."]]

The situation is looking increasingly bad and Humility is struggling to find a way out. Finally after giving Aussir a stony face and hateful glint of her eyes now concealed behind the red lenses once more, she spoke in a hard, level tone.

"If I agree then what? You expect me to seriously take your word alone that the captives will be freed? You even expect me to surrender and be restrained first before you keep your end of the bargain? Age really must have made you senile if you think I can agree to that. Devils might keep their bargains but not all dragons do. I don't trust you at all."

Her words are a little confrontational, but given the circumstances that was to be expected. Aussir certainly wouldn't expect her to be happy her provocation had been so easily ignored.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
Morgan bears responsibility as well. The leader always does. In this case he's the one who'd OK'ed Humility's plan despite his misgivings. However, now wasn't the time to dwell on failures but to work on solutions. The hostages weren't just hostages, hadn't even been hostages at all until they'd shown up, they'd been a resource or toy to be collected. Maybe the fiends were looking for someone specific, maybe not, but even still if it became obvious that they were no use as hostages they retained their value as resources and the enemy would have no reason to harm them beyond spite, something they probably wouldn't do until or unless it became obvious they were going to loose them anyway.

”He saw through you once, he'll do it again. You'll just make things worse.
We fight.
Di, turn the fiends, I'll shield the hostages, everyone else concentrate on the dracolich. He won't fear death and he'll be most able to harm the hostages if he feels like it. If the fiends try to run let them.”

A quick breath weapon would certainly wipe out most of them, but Morgan could provide them a pretty good guard against the first attack at least.
”On three. One, two, three!”
Morgan throws the shutters open on the window he's near and barks out the components of a spell. Drawing power from his belt he quickly gets out a second spell.

Next to him Eloise opens up, her pistol, sheathed in luminous positive energy, firing so fast it's practically a rolling peal of thunder.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jul 15th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
"Qui mortem invitavis " Nallaul says as Humility's plan fails as he suspected it would. A line from a long forgotten human book or perhaps song he had encountered decades ago. He looks at Rhys. "I hope you're as good as the wizard thinks you are. You're stepping into shoes once owned by a drow weapon master." He then doesn't waste any more words, speaking a brief incantation to help him pierce the Dracolish's magical resistance.
Using as much cover as he can, the mage launches a thin green ray from his hand, in an attempt to strike the dracolich down. His greater blink activates also.

 
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
  • Morgan [27] - Opens window before casting Wall of Force and Assay Spell Resistance against Aussir.
  • Rhys [25] - Opens window before shooting at Aussir using Manyshot, missing with all four.
  • Didina [23] - Attempts to Dominate E3 and fails.
  • Brachina [22] - Uses a Quickened Suggestion against Humility, which fails, moves and uses
  • Erinyes 4 [22] - Moves and uses Unholy Blight against Humility (DC 19 Will to take 10 dmg instead of 19 and to avoid being sickened for 1 round
  • Humility [20] -
  • Erinyes 1 [17] -
  • Elouise [15] -
  • Aussir [14] -
  • Erinyes 3 [12] -
  • Nallaul [11] -
  • Erinyes 2 [7] -

Aussir snarls as Morgan's wall of force shimmers into place, even resting his foot on top of it before turning his burning eyes towards Morgan's window. "Make sure you take El'lina alive. The others are expendable but take them alive too and you'll be rewarded."

Rhys slams open his own window before drawing back with four arrows and letting them fly at the dracolich. Unfortunately the tricky shot fails despite the man's skill, with three of the arrows passing straight through Aussir while one flies wide of the
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
  • Morgan [27] - Opens window before casting Wall of Force and Assay Spell Resistance against Aussir.
  • Rhys [25] - Opens window before shooting at Aussir using Manyshot, missing with all four.
  • Didina [23] - Attempts to Dominate E3 and fails.
  • Brachina [22] - Uses a Quickened Suggestion against Humility, which fails, and runs adjacent to Humility.
  • Erinyes 4 [22] - Moves and uses Unholy Blight against Humility
  • Humility [20] -
  • Erinyes 1 [17] -
  • Elouise [15] -
  • Aussir [14] -
  • Erinyes 3 [12] -
  • Nallaul [11] -
  • Erinyes 2 [7] -

Aussir snarls as Morgan's wall of force shimmers into place, even resting his foot on top of it before turning his burning eyes towards Morgan's window. "Make sure you take El'lina alive. The others are expendable but take them alive too and you'll be rewarded."

Rhys slams open his own window before drawing back with four arrows and letting them fly at the dracolich. Unfortunately the tricky shot fails despite the man's skill, with three of the arrows passing straight through Aussir while one flies wide of the mark, much to his annoyance and the dragon's amusement.

Didina doesn't appear to do much of anything, however she does pass on an annoyed message of her own. "She resisted this time. If you can get them to cluster within 15ft of each other then I can target more than one at once."

Having expected trouble, the Fiends are quick to respond, with the Brachina levelling a gaze at Humility before speaking a Suggestion, which rolls off of the Child in the Dark. "Surrender and we will spare everyone else here. One life for so many is fair." At seeing it has no effect she spreads her wings and flies forward at full tilt before landing directly in front of Humility with a fake smile on her face, this is embellishment/descriptive, as she 'mechanically' would have done this mid-flightbefore taking a large emerald out of her pocket, which Rhys mentions through the link, jogging Morgan's memory.

The Erinyes closest to Aussir moves forward before letting out a foul torrent of the Dark Speech against Humility in the form of an Unholy Blight which washes over the child but leaves the Brachina completely unaffected. [Humilty must make a DC 19 Will or take 21 dmg and be sickened for 1 round. Success means she takes 10 dmg instead and is not sickened.]
OOC@ Acathala - If you want to change your actions due to what has happened then feel free to, but any spell you cast against the Dracolich will still use that spell penetration check.

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare1.1.png
Views:	16
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	60992  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Jul 19th, 2014 at 03:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 05:20 PM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
Hearing Morgan's decision, Humilty doesn't say anything more but simply raises her blades and readies herself to act. Unfortunately the price of failure of her optimistic plan meant that the fiends were ready and just waiting to spring into action, while the drow Child herself had wavered in chagrin just for a instant at the doubt and regret over this turn of events effected her. It wasn't much, but it was enough of an opening for the Brachina to strike. The Suggestion had no effect, but before the drow could respond the devil swooped over on feathered wings to land in front of her and produce an impressive looking emerald. She didn't know enough about magic to understand what it might be for, but the situation and the distinct sense of foreboding that it invoked was enough to tell her that it was bad new. Even as she tensed herself to strike before it was too late one of the Erinyes spits out a curse in a tongue that assaulted the ears and tainted the mind. She felt the magic surge over her, but also felt that tingle of her innate resistance to spells successfully warding it off. Ignoring it, she decided that the Brachina had to go down first before she could go after Aussir.

Crouching slightly and coiling herself like a spring, Humility then surged forward and vaulted straight over the fiend's head, pirouetting in the air so that she landed facing her enemy on the opposite side. As the Brachina spun to face her she instantly struck, not at the enemy's person but at the emerald she was holding. Whatever that was she had seen enough spells cast by other Children to know that it was meant for some kind of magic that was likely very bad for her. It might turn out to be wasted effort in the end, but she trusted her instincts and got rid of that first. Even as she struck she realised she had stood on some of the debris littering the square as she landed. It didn't effect her balance too much, but her aim was just slightly off. Struggling through regardless, she also summoned her will, focused her mind and drew forth all her reserves, condensing it into a surge of momentum to propel herself into action with blinding speed.

 

Last edited by DiabolicalGenius; Jul 19th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
  • Morgan [27] - Opens window before casting Wall of Force and Assay Spell Resistance against Aussir.
  • Rhys [25] - Opens window before shooting at Aussir using Manyshot, missing with all four.
  • Didina [23] - Attempts to Dominate E3 and fails.
  • Brachina [22] - Uses a Quickened Suggestion against Humility, which fails, and runs adjacent to Humility.
  • Erinyes 4 [22] - Moves and uses Unholy Blight against Humility, which fails to penetrate her spell resistance.
  • Humility [20] - Attempts to disarm the Brachina, provoking an attack of opportunity which the Brachina makes, and fails on the disarm check.
  • Erinyes 1 [17] - Flies/moves.
  • Elouise [15] -
  • Aussir [14] -
  • Erinyes 3 [12] -
  • Nallaul [11] -
  • Erinyes 2 [7] -

Humility's attempt to disarm the Brachina prompts the Fiend to reach out in response, except she makes no attempt to physically harm her, but instead brushes a hand across Humility's face, causing the Child in the Dark to feel as if the Brachina had Humility now has 1 negative levelsucked away some of her energy before she is assailed by the Devil's poison. [Humility must make a DC 27 Fort save or take 5 Wisdom damage from the Brachina's poison. Note that I'm ruling that this and the negative level (which she doesn't get a save to prevent) take place at the same time, so she doesn't take the saving throw penalty to the poison saving throw.]

The i.e. bottomright-most of the Erinyes flies forward to get a better position.
OOCNot sure of Eloise wants to change her actions or not, if not then let me know Spat.

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare1.2.png
Views:	13
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	60993  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 08:22 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
This is it, her sunday punch, her best attack.
The detective's pale face is set in a frown of concentration, but otherwise she seems surprisingly calm despite the terrible danger of the situation. She says nothing for there is nothing to say. Firing faster than anyone could reasonably expect Eloise's pistol ripples like thunder, throwing out a barrage of sound and bullets towards their undead opponent. The bullets, sheathed in crackling electricity and the gentle glow of positive energy are barely visible as streaks of light.
Internally she makes note that she'd just thrown most of two thousand gold at the creature in ammunition.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
  • Morgan [27] - Opens window before casting Wall of Force and Assay Spell Resistance against Aussir.
  • Rhys [25] - Opens window before shooting at Aussir using Manyshot, missing with all four.
  • Didina [23] - Attempts to Dominate E3 and fails.
  • Brachina [22] - Uses a Quickened Suggestion against Humility, which fails, and runs adjacent to Humility.
  • Erinyes 4 [22] - Moves and uses Unholy Blight against Humility, which fails to penetrate her spell resistance.
  • Humility [20] - Attempts to disarm the Brachina, provoking an attack of opportunity which the Brachina makes, and fails on the disarm check.
  • Erinyes 1 [17] - Flies/moves.
  • Elouise [15] - Full attacks Aussir, activates Belt of Battle and attacks Aussir again, hitting a total of three times for 95 dmg.
  • Aussir [14] - Uses flyby attack to breath a line of force mid-flight before landing on the roof of the building Morgan, Elouise and Didina are in.
  • Erinyes 3 [12] - Moves and uses Unholy Blight against Morgan, Eloise and Didina.
  • Nallaul [11] -
  • Erinyes 2 [7] -

Elouise's bombardment of Aussir results in several hits, however the Dragon's skeleton this is flavour text representing his natural armour, not DR or the likeappeared to be much tougher than it looked as most of them deflected away harmlessly however three of the bullets struck properly, cracking the dracolich's bones as they hit with one even penetrating it fully, prompting an enraged yell from Aussir. "I will grind your bones into dust myself!"

Lifting his great, skeletal wings the Dracolich took to the air, although it didn't bother (or seem to need) to flap its wings to fly, Dracoliches retain their ability to fly, but as an Suwith some sort of magic presumably powering its flight. It made a beline towards Morgan's building, although not directly towards them. It soon became clear what he intended when silvery flashes of magic started to form and whirl within what would have been its gut, his very bones vibrating with the energy before the Dracolich opened its maw and let loose a line of coruscating force, which scythed through the edge of the window towards Eloise and Didina, with the explosion of wood giving Didina just enough warning to avoid the brunt of the dragon's breath weapon. [b][Elouise has to make a DC27 Ref save or take 58 force dmg. Success halves it to 29.]

Aussir carries on flying however, taking up position on top of the very building they were hiding in, making it impossible for anyone in the building to target him without going outside.

The i.e. top-mostleft-most Erinyes flies forward and lets loose an Unholy Blight of her own, catching all three of those in the left-hand building. Didina makes a face at the foul magic, but doesn't seem although she failed her save, she's Neutral (not Good) so takes half damage and ignores the sickness on a failed save anywayunduly affected despite being caught off-guard. [Elouise and Morgan must make a DC 19 Will save or take 25 dmg and be sickened for 1 round. Success halves the damage to 12 and means they aren't sickened at all.]

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare1.3.png
Views:	17
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	61003  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 03:17 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,537
Elouise spins away from the window, Via Evasion class featureevading the blast of force entirely as it tears through the house. Morgan weathers the devil's spell better than the detective but despite the sag it draws from her features the detective is obviously still in the fight.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jul 21st, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 06:34 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is offline
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2023
RPXP: 7946
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,191
 


Nallaul curses as the Dragon's flight causes him to recalculate his plans. He casts resist energy to ward himself from fire then casts Solid Fog centered on the Erinyes 2.

 

__________________
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi

Last edited by Acathala; Jul 21st, 2014 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB