Game Thread Chapter 6c: A Shadow Over Feid - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
 

 

Due to Nallaul's solid fog, it was impossible to say what the entrapped Erinyes was doing, leaving Morgan and the others with the difficult choice of whether to move out of their cover in order to be able to target the Dracolich or to switch to targeting the Brachina attacking Humility. "I'll try to dominate the Brachina next if any of you would rather wait to see if I'm successful before acting."

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare2.1.png
Views:	20
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	61039  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Jul 24th, 2014 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
Humility gritted her teeth with frustration as the Brachina cleanly avoided the attempt to knock the jewel out of her hand, and took the opportunity to reach out and brush her hand across drow's cheek before she could avoid it. Even though evasion and mobility was her speciality and she was using that stance, the devil easily touched her. Her foreboding was proven right when the touch seemed to steal the very life from her, sending waves of weakness and dizziness through her body. Not only that, she also felt poison in the touch trying to sap her willpower and even with all her years of physical conditioning and discipline, she barely managed to resist it. This was looking very bad and for a moment the Child considered whether it was best to retreat and join the others, but she quickly dismissed the notion. Whether they were fighting in the square or whether it chased her into the building, she would have to fight it eventually. It might also be too dangerous to turn her back on an enemy that gave her so little leeway. Not to mention that whatever Aussir planned to do up on the roof, it definitely wouldn't be good for the people inside. She projected her thoughts to Morgan as she never stopped moving, never dared take her eyes off of the enemy.

[["Morgan, I'm in something of the tight spot. This isn't a normal Brachina, I'm sure of it. She much stronger than any I've heard of before now and I'm not sure how long I can avoid her attacks for. Also when she touched me just now I felt something, like the very life was being drained from my body. Do you have any idea what that could be? Did Brachina's have a power like that? She's pointing a large emerald in my direction as well. Do you know what it's for? I'm probably not going to last long against her alone at this rate, so if anyone gets the chance to back me up I'd appreciate it. For now I'm going to stop worrying about Aussir and go all out, try to see if I can do some damage......"]]

She didn't slow down or pause for an instant even as she communicated, ducking and weaving, tumbling around until she was back where she had stood before the flip, wisps of shadows filling the air around her and following her movements, wrapping her body until she could hardly be seen. As she spun around she took the merest of instant to stare at the Brachina with piercing scrutiny. It really was only for an instant, but from her perspective time seemed to slow to increments as she examined everything about her opponent. The stance, preparedness and skill level, everything until she found the slightest of openings. As soon as she saw it time jolted back into motion, her right arm brought her sword back as she crouched low, and then brought the blessed blade forward and she surged forward with her whole body to make one crystal clear strike at her enemy.

 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 03:34 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,554
”Well. Time for some daring heroics. I hate daring heroics.”
Eloise looks alarmed, but before she can say anything Morgan hops through the window and moves out into the square. He's looking for a convenient vendors cart, bench, or something, anything he could use for cover from the erinyes in the square. On the move he begins casting, weaving together arcane energies with the power in his gloves. A ray of sickly green energy surrounded by arcing slashes of silver burst out to strike the dragon perched on the building.
Morgan has a Sunday punch of his own.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7996
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,231
"I'm going to try disintegrating the Brachina. Those you engaging it in melee... Try not to get hit by my spell."
Nallaul raises his metamagic rod of lesser quicken, and casts a spell to to allow him to target the outsider better, True stike in fact. The arachnomancer follows up with disintegrate on the Brachina, and the green ray strikes true, Nallaul waits to see if he's penetrated the devil's spell resistance....
 
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi

Last edited by Acathala; Jul 31st, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
 

 

Humility successfully ducks under the Brachina's arms, not an AoO, just a description of the tumbledodging her hands, but in concentrating on the blow itself, her aim is slightly off.

Morgan's ray hits home and immediately causes Aussir's skeleton to break apart as if a great clawed beast had slashed at it, before a heartbeat later he starts to disintegrate. There is just enough time for the dracolich to start bellowing in anger before he is reduced to dust.

Rhys waits to see if Didina is successful in her attempt to dominate the Brachina.

Didina's eyes roll into the back of her head and blood starts to trickle from her nose as she focusses her psionic might on the Brachina, but to no avail. Panting from the effort, Didina wipes away the blood with her sleeve - for once seemingly not caring much about how it might stain her clothes. "Inanna's knickers! If she stood up to that then my speciality isn't going to be much help."

Rhys smiles at this before climbing through the window and leaping into the fray with grace better befitting a man wearing little or no armour rather than a breastplate. "Elven for "Slash"Kriss." In mid-air, his metal bow shifts into an elegantly curved and surprisingly slender greatsword. When he lands he rolls with the fall and uses the moment and surprise of his movement to take up a position on the other side of the Brachina, sweeping his sword across her back before letting loose with another four attacks, all but one of which hit and two of which almost sever her arm from her shoulder, his belt glowing softly power as he works before going dull. She appears to have some form of RegenerationDespite the damage, the Brachina's body immediately starts to heal, even reattaching the almost severed arm and leaving her with what look more like bruises than sword wounds.

He had at least succeeded in gaining her attention, as the Brachina turned to face him for the moment before lashing out herself, once again just trying to touch his skin. She managed to brush a hand against his face, causing the armoured Halvan to stagger before dodging an over-eager second attempt. Unfortunately, Rhys' back-peddling allowed the Brachina to brush her other hand across his face, causing a second stumble which actually helped him avoid her last attack.

The two lower Erinyes adjust their positions and let loose with fiery arrows towards Morgan, with each of them managing to hit the mage with one. [Morgan takes 18 piercing damage and 8 fire damage.]

From his position of safety, Nallaul fires off a disintegrate at the Brachina with the aid of a True Strike spell, but even though his aim is perfect, the Brachina manages to shrug off the worst of it, with more bruising appearing across her body. If anything, she looked more annoyed at the attempt than worried, looking from side to side to see who she should direct her ire towards next.

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare2.2.png
Views:	16
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	61114  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,554
As the dragon crumbles some of the tension flows from Eloise. The fool hadn't gotten himself killed again, thank the gods. ”Then take care of the pawns.” She responds to Didina without apparent emotion or vitrol. Sometimes you got the troll, sometimes the troll got you as the old saying goes.

With the dragon gone, she too hops over the windowsill and heads into the square. She hangs a right, coming up on Rhy's right side. As a chess master she knew that you took the most important pieces away from your opponent first. The fiend that had been called a pleasure devil had somehow already survived the attentions of three of their number so far. She would need to be the next to fall if they were to make this a clean win.

Lady, shining despite the muted light thunders twice as Eloise moves into position.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 4th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
 

 

 

Elouise lets fly with Lady, knocking the Brachina to the ground with the force of the magical rounds as she looks around at her many opponents. Although she doesn't appear to be moving she is definitely still alive and her wounds are still healing, although the two bullet wounds appeared to be the only wounds that were unchanged.

The remaining visible Erinyes lets loose with two fiery arrows at Elouise, missing with both, before taking a step back, while the Erinyes inside the solid fog still fails to emerge.

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare3.1.png
Views:	19
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	61121  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 10:34 PM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
Humility gritted her teeth, staving off a stab of frustration and chagrin that surged in her breast as her strike missed yet again. Was there a hint too much tension in her arm as she swung? Was she so focused on ignoring the presence of Invidia on the battlefield that it was narrowing her field of vision and making her movements and judgement too stiff? Even she couldn't say for certain and wasting time on self-doubt and hesitation in the middle of deadly battle was an invitation to death. She could do nothing but fix her stance, take a slight step back and prepare to strike again as she fought to loosen her muscles and keep her moves fluid and precise. It had never seemed as hard before as it did now, but today she was under a completely different kind of pressure than she normally bore. Fortunately as she was preparing her next move the warrior who had called himself Rhys leapt nimbly from the window and launched a sudden assault from the opposite side of the enemy. For a moment an irrational sense of outrage and resentment appeared in her heart at him interfering in her fight and having the gall to do better than she had. The nerve. Of course she knew well that it was the old pride and ego rearing it's ugly head, and she immediately hammered it down back into the dark corner of her soul where it lived and stayed focused on what matter. She watched the wounds heal and even the arm that had severed being reattached. It didn't daunt her too much as long experience fighting fiends told her that most had unholy resilience that was usually overcome by blessed weapons such as her own. Almost instantly a salvo of gunfire shot from the window by Elouise struck the Brachina which not only did damage, but even knocked the she-devil off of her feet, leaving bullet-holes that failed to heal.

Humility's lips curled ever so slightly in a cold smile, her having no intention of letting such a golden opportunity slip away. She immediately changed her stance, shifting from the fluid, elusive form she was using before that had caused the shadows to embrace and follow her, and taking up a low posture that was filled with murderous intent. Her upper body and head leaning low and slightly forward as she held her blades low and ready to thrust straight into the opponents vital and unguarded spots. Without hesitation she immediately pounced on the pleasure devil, stabbing ruthlessly down with the blade in her right hand, which gleamed from within the steel with sacred light. She drove the point of the weapon straight at the Brachina's bare neck with unrivalled killing intent, as though to pierce straight through and into the cobbles below. She was aiming to finish the devil off before it had a chance to recover and before it's fellows could come to it's aid. All her culturally ingrained hatred of fiend-kind was evidenced in the cold ferocity of her assault, making it eminently clear that she would tolerate no other outcome but this creature's immediate and violent demise.

 

Last edited by DiabolicalGenius; Aug 8th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,554
Morgan himself breaths a deep sigh of relief when the dragon crumbles to dust. There's a massive difference between being glib or forceful in a social setting and actually going hammer and tongs with these creatures of power. That pushed a real spike of fear into Morgan. He doesn't want to die, not with so many things still ahead of him. So many possibilities to explore and so many things still to do. The trick, as Esiard had always said, wasn't to dismiss the fear, but work with it. Take heed of it's warnings, think the situation through, and act on the best path you can conceive in the time you have.

With both the Dracolich and the most dangerous fiend down now is the time to conserve resources for the next real threat that appeared. If they were here, really here instead of a summoning effect, the Erinyes should, in theory, choose to flee soon rather than face likely death to little gain.

Morgan pushes forward, trying to get a look behind the fog cloud to make sure the missing Erinyes isn't mucking about with those they sought to kidnap. As he moves his hands flick out the motions of a basic, reliable, wizards spell. Five stinging darts of magical energy flicker between him and the nearest Erinyes.

He doesn't say anything. There is no need. Everything was going smooth, but congratulating early might cause someone to get lax, while warnings seemed unnecessary at the moment.

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 6th, 2014 at 08:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7996
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,231

Nallaul and Morgan unknowingly appear to be of a similar mind, as the Arachnomancer too, decides to conserve his magic. Selecting his spell and target, Nallaul allows himself a small smile as he remembers how Xufaer used to tease him a little about this spell, even though she acknowledged it was useful. He takes out a small ivory replica of an unicorn, and casts the spell. Four translucent unicorn fly to Erinyes 1 and slam their horns into her chest.
 
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
 

 

 

Humility's blow pierces right through the Brachina's neck, causing the devil's body to twitch violently in response. Although her healing appeared to ahve stopped Humility wasn't going to be taking any chances and quickly brought her other sword to bear as she withdrew with the first, slicing through the Brachina's neck with ease.

As Morgan moves, casting a Magic Missile against one of the remaining Erinyes, his magically enhanced senses manage to locate the hidden Erinyes in the fog.

Meanwhile, Didina steps towards the window and closes her eyes in concentration while Rhys steps around the body of the Brachina, holding out his sword in front of him pointing up. "Elven for 'Pierce'Eht." The sword shifts into the massive metallic bow again, with Rhys drawing four arrows with one hand before letting them loose at the nearest remaining Erinyes, which only manages to dodge one. The other three arrows almost pass straight through the Erinyes, such is the strength behind them, poking out of a shoulder, leg and side.

Not liking their odds with both the dragon and the Brachina defeated, two of the Erinyes, including the one that Rhys had shot, take to the skies to flee the battlefield. [They can move 200ft at a run (in this case 50ft up and 100ft away), hence why I've not put them on the map.]

That leaves them with two more Erinyes, one of which was still hidden inside the Solid Fog.

~MTWC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TotYKsquare3.2.png
Views:	16
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	61140  
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 01:53 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,554
Eloise drops to one knee and begins firing on the retreating devils. They might report to others their presence, and this Humility was apparently a high value target. It could be trouble. Besides, every one they killed now was one less that someone would have to fight later. Eloise doesn't buy the idea that they are literally numberless. Even still, she doesn't waste any more of her silver ammunition on minor threats.
*Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang*

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 11th, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Initiative/Summary
 

 

 

 

Nallaul's spell misses with its first attack due to the distances involved, but the other three strike true, pushing the Erinyes back a good 15ft, not that she seems to be particularly worried about being moved further away from everyone, especially once Eloise shoots down one of the retreating Erinyes despite the distances involved and severely wounds the other.

The remaining two Erinyes attempt to flee as well, with one of them first having to struggle through the last of the Solid before heading straight up while the other launches themselves a good hundred feet into the air in a desperate attempt to get away.

More importantly, the Erinyes that Eloise had severely injured could be heard shouting out something into the air above them, but the only ones they could see were Shadow and Invidia duelling in the sky or, at least, they were before the pair of them both appeared to come to a startled stop - forgetting about each other. It seemed like an eternity, but in truth was no more than a few heartbeats later that both of them started to dive towards the ground, with Invidia a little ahead of a Shadow that was reaching out with a multitude of shadowy tendrils.

Fortunately for them, Shadow just managed to catch up to the Lone Lord, wrapping enough tendrils around him to send the pair of them crashing into the ground off target although still uncomfortably nearby. Invidia growls in annoyance more than pain at the fall and renews his struggle against the massive, aberrant shadow creature that surrounds Shadow, hurling a bolt of Eldritch magic at point blank range which manages to lift the colossal thing off of its feet long enough for him to escape from underneath it.

"You will not take her Invidia, not again! Not while we draw breath at least." The 'thing' spoke in a harmony of two voices as before, with one of them being the sound of a woman - Shadow - and the other a rough, gutteral and harsh tongue that they found they couldn't assign a masculine or feminine quality to, just that the two of them bellowing in unison was incredibly discordant and grating to their ears, moreso than Humilty remembered in fact, but then she (it?) had not been nearly so large before.

They can't see the Lone Lord's reaction, but they can hear the disdain - if not the sneer - in his voice as he responds. "You might be able to hold me off, however it is that you're doing it, but the real question is whether you can beat me before any of my siblings arrive. We need a new Superbia and my daughter already has as in 'divine spark', not specifically a 'Superbia spark' (whatever that would be)the spark. I don't fancy your chances at that."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Aug 15th, 2014 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 12:46 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14586
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,554
Morgan had suspected when the dracolich had started talking about her father. Invidia was known to have drow blood, and so obviously did Humility. Now however isn't the time to worry about any of that.
”Gather round kids. It's time for us to be somewhere not here.” The best thing they could do to keep the innocent bystanders safe, and themselves free of the fighting between gods, is keep on the move. Give Shadow as much time to beat on Invidia while he chased after them as they could.
”Di, could you see what's taking Mirik's scaly ass to get here?”
The entire point of all this, getting Alnei's children here, sweeping the streets, and so forth was to free Mirik up to help with Invidia.

Morgan palms a potion and gets ready to teleport them out of the immediate area, looking for somewhere visible from here but far away. A rooftop perhaps?

 
__________________
My Rogue Trader game is looking for crew!

Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 17th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 12:34 AM
DiabolicalGenius's Avatar
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2021
RPXP: 5817
DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius DiabolicalGenius
Posts: 5,582
After driving her blade through the Brachina's throat her other arm moved to bring it's weapon down as soon as she wrenched the first blade free. She took the fiend's head off with one smooth slicing cut of the blade and watched it tumble across the ground with quiet satisfaction, not having taken any note of the fact that it seemed to stop healing after the first strike. No Child who had earned her sword would take any chances with such creatures, all raised to not relax for a moment until the enemy's death was certain. She was no different. Looking up she saw the erinyes being harried as they tried to escape and sighed softly as she quickly judged that her flight spell wouldn't be fast enough to catch up to the fiend's innate flying speed. They weren't safe yet, but she felt that the danger had passed for the moment and turned to Rhys to thank him for his assistance and apologise for the fact that she had so obviously needed it. Even if she had managed to deal the killing blow, it was only once he had knocked it down and left it vulnerable for her. Until then she hadn't managed to so much as touch it. She was feeling immensely disappointed in her performance in this battle and meant to express it. But as soon as she opened her mouth the atmosphere suddenly changed. She just had time to look up and note that the erinyes had shouted something to the small blot duelling in the sky, before she leapt back reflexively as it descended it frightening speed to barely be diverted from landing right on top of them.

For a moment she froze in appalled amazement, unable to believe the situation. She couldn't think straight as she tried to comprehend the reality in front of her, Shadow's ringing declaration of defiance discordantly jarring her ears as she gaped in dismay. She wasn't even holding her weapon ready in front of her, her arms hanging loose at her sides as she stared and that horribly familiar voice was heard. Despite her obsidian skin tone, her complexion still noticeably paled and her face went slack, the expression of a rabbit frozen as the hunter's arrow was released. She countenance had been visibly troubled since she had arrived at the city, but never had it been this bad. If any among her Brothers and Sisters who knew her was there, they could have told them that they had never seen such an expression on her face before in all the time she had been among them. Her whole mind was blank until one clear thought appeared and shook it to it's foundations. He was there. Invidia was there.

She could hear Invidia's voice, though she couldn't seem to grasp the meaning of the words as though she had forgotten the use of language. But as soon as the fact of his presence became clear to her the moment of shocked inactivity passed and was replaced by violently conflicting emotions that twisted her face and manner in bizarre ways as they fought for dominance. Hatred, pure black and murderously vengeful as she had ever felt burst through her heart like a tidal wave sweeping everything else before it, demanding that she hurl herself at him in a berserk rage and cut him to a thousand pieces. She completely expected such a reaction should she ever meet that bastard again and felt that with all her years of training she would be able to restrain herself from doing something stupid. But that was why she didn't attack. She didn't attack because she couldn't and was shocked to understand what the other emotion fighting the hatred was. It was fear. Pure blind panic that told her to escape and get away from that being no matter what. She was terrified to the point that without said training it would be hard not to go into hysterics. Fear screamed at her that she had to get away. That she couldn't oppose him, couldn't beat him. He was going to take her back and make her his puppet all over again and there was nothing she could do. She wouldn't be saved a second time, she probably couldn't even get away from him now. He was too strong, it was no good. They were doomed.

She gritted her teeth and almost wept in mortification at herself. How could she be this way now when the critical time was here? What was everything since that day for? What did her Swordbrothers die for? She couldn't stand it, turning some of that prodigious hatred on herself. Finally hearing Morgan's call for them to escape, she finally reached the limit of what she could take and retorted back through the mindlink with a raw emotional edge to her thoughts that greatly contrasted to the restrained, discipline communications until then.

"No. No! It's me that he wants. If I escape with the rest of you and he gets past Shadow or if his damned brothers and sisters show up, they'll get you lot too! Just leave me! If Shadow can't stop him I'm finished regardless....."

Her sending is thick with deep and bitter anger, chagrin and despair. She actually take a step away from Morgan and the others, looking shaken.

Last edited by DiabolicalGenius; Aug 19th, 2014 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB