Game Thread Book 2 Chapter 1: A New Dusk - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: E-H > Earthen Works > Earthen Works
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Evil Abed's Avatar
Evil Abed Evil Abed is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 3rd, 2018
RPXP: 100
Evil Abed Evil Abed
Posts: 27
Grant walks up to the quarantine board perusing the listings on it to gather any information he can on what came back from the latest caravan.
__________________
"This is definitely the darkest timeline."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 07:39 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7774
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,665


The unique woman with the tortoiseshell colored fur was disappointed to hear that the men were still not allowed visitors. She like most everyone in town was still quite curious as to what had happened to them on their excursion outside the protection of the boundary. With this news she was certain that there would be no new revelations about what did this to them. Still, she waited, watching, alert to her surroundings.

 


__________________
Status: Ready and willing!
Congratulations to my Georgia Bulldogs! Back to back!!!
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John Yug (Yg'ffwla'vngl'asr)

John gives a lopsided smile to the guards, "Greetings Guard-friends, I have taken precautions against disease and my rat-friend here is naturally resistant. I see you are currently not in quarantine for this tent with the machine-dog-thing. I was wondering if we would be allowed to inspect the Machine-dog-thing, and perhaps the cocoon-things as well?" With that John just holds his lopsided smile awaiting an answer from the guards.

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester tried to peer into the tent. Why am I trying to enter a quarantine tent? he wondered to himself. Still. Jon was his friend and his enthusiasm was contagious. Chester just hoped that nothing else he encountered today was.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
Shadowing along behind the group of men who seem most interested in the quarantined bodies, Tam notices the Catwoman doing the same. "Well, plenty to see for all I suppose. he thinks to himself. "Actually she looks familiar - is she the Councilman's girl? What's a high-and-mighty like that doing slinking about with us low-lives? Curiouser and curiouser..."

Tam stops within sight of the quarantine guards, not overtly with the others, but close enough to overhear their conversation. As they stop and chat - Tam takes his chance to stalk on past, nodding to the guard as he goes then pausing as he does to speak to him.

"Morning. Just off to see the notices. Any news from that wagon they pulled in last week? See the quarantine's off, mind if I stop in and take a look?"
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 01:48 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
Kalbee, Central US - Tuesday, morning

Tam walks up beside John and Chester as they are speaking with the initial guard as he addresses both of them at once
"Doesn't sound like you have actual business with them, so not likely." he pauses with a quick glance at their hands, "If you don't have a writ for access, its not gonna happen. You can check over there," he nods his head in the direction of the posting board where another man is already reading.



__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John Yug (Yg'ffwla'vngl'asr)

John's smile just gets bigger, in an attempt to look more friendly, "Of course Guard-friend. I will be sure to get a writ for entry. The cocoon-things are not dead then? Not corpses for dissection? This is interesting..."

John then turns to go look at the board, smiling at Tam, "Good morn customer-human, if you need anything crafted please feel free to stop by my stall in the market square! I make all kinds of potions and gadgets, weapons and armor!" With that he waves and moves on to the board to take a look, regardless of responses from Tam.

When he gets there he will look down at his friend and whisper, "Chester-friend, what do you make of the cocoon things still living? Maybe they are not human, maybe they are demon or angel-things?"

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Oct 16th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Evil Abed's Avatar
Evil Abed Evil Abed is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 3rd, 2018
RPXP: 100
Evil Abed Evil Abed
Posts: 27
Grant
Grant looks over to the two individuals next to him, slyly overhearing their conversation. He speaks to them without taking his eyes off the board.

Not to interject too much into your conversation but I was wondering the same thing. I've not seen something like that cram into Kalbee before.He gazes over towards the quarantine building, Do you two know anything other than the bland info they're spouting? I'd be willing to go gather some more info. It's so boring around here lately.

Something intrigues him about the whole situation and anything is better than the dull life that Kalbee has been lately.

__________________
"This is definitely the darkest timeline."

Last edited by Evil Abed; Oct 16th, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 06:53 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
Kalbee, Central US - Tuesday, morning

There are three notices on the board.
Resource Caravan - Demin KelResource caravan led by Demin Kel returned Monday afternoon. They have detected as clean and will be released Tuesday afternoon after followup.

Three casualties, two fatalities.
Jon Kestran
Yomen Dreke

Scouting - GrayScouting Group Gray returned Tuesday morning. They will be released Tuesday night after detection and cleanup.

One casualty, no fatalities.

UnknownUnknown persons brought beck with the Hotten caravan.
Unknown bodies detected as alive and clean, as did Hotten caravan, so quarantine has been lifted. Unknown persons accompanied by one animal and one machine. Attempts to remove either has resulted in combined attack by both and has been deemed dangerous. Additionally, while basic checks have been peaceful, any additional attempts on the unknown persons has been met with suspicion or violence.

Guard is maintained until inquiry has been finished, but potential dangers will remain under guard. Access only granted through special writ by Council.



__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
"That mechanical dog seems pretty unfriendly, Jon, " Chester said to his friend. "You sure you wanna try take it apart?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 08:17 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7774
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,665


The catwoman listened on with only mild disappointment when the guard spoke of the special writ needed to visit the cocooned person. She moved with the others toward the message board trying her best to keep a bit of distance from the mangy canine and his rude master. She held onto one of her many scarves as she kept a wary eye on the two as she tried to read the notices.

It was as she had feared, she would need to speak with her father Louis and beg of him again to visit the two. Her interest was purely arcane and for some reason she couldn't force these two from her thoughts. Perhaps she could convince him tonight at supper. It was likely her only chance, but with the 'dogs' it would still prove most difficult even with a writ from the council.

__________________
Status: Ready and willing!
Congratulations to my Georgia Bulldogs! Back to back!!!
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John Yug (Yg'ffwla'vngl'asr)

John shrugs, "Well Chester-friend, I believe the dog can be easily disabled, or it will run out of fuel. Either way will make it easy to take apart. For now let us head back to our work, I will send Xul with a letter to the council asking if I might ply my expertise of machines and biology on the new arrivals. Just don't tell them i am not an expert in biology........
I do hope no one has tried to steal from us, I have no word from Xul about it though...
"

With that John will walk back to his stand calling to people on his way to attempt to get more customers, once he is back he will write a short letter requesting a writ of entry to inspect the newcomers, stating he is an expert in biology, machinery, and alchemy and send Xul to the council with the letter of request.

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Evil Abed's Avatar
Evil Abed Evil Abed is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 3rd, 2018
RPXP: 100
Evil Abed Evil Abed
Posts: 27
Grant StalkerAfter being ignored at his uninvited but polite interjection, Grant takes notice as the two individuals leave the board and head back towards the market. " figures." he says as he spits at their layed boot prints.

He stalks his way looking around the quarantine area for any other commotion keeping his eyes open for any job postings, preferably escorting a caravan.
__________________
"This is definitely the darkest timeline."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester sighed and headed back towards the Ratfolk stall.

Wait, he thought, was that guy talking to us? Whoops. I recon we were a bit rude. I’ll have to make it up to him later. Maybe he will come by the stall and we can offer him a discount.

Chester didn’t mind not gaining access. He was only killing time.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
Tam grunts noncommittally at the guard's words and wanders over to the board just as the other pair are leaving. Staring after them he nods at the remaining man and takes a long draw on the roll-up - little of which remains now. Glancing a the board he clears his throat and grunts "Caravan guard? Looking for work? Where d'ya fancy headin'?"

This, having drained Tam's well of positivity entirely dry, leaves him grimacing down at the board's postings, trying to rmember what he can about the caravans that are mentioned and where they'd been.

OOC: Knowledge local? Take 10 = 21
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB