Game Thread Book 2 Chapter 1: A New Dusk - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: E-H > Earthen Works > Earthen Works
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 02:14 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7774
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,665
Joya was taken aback by the eagerness for the man to obtain a contract. "Perhaps we get ahead of ourselves. I may have misspoken when I said a 'job'. I have an... opportunity for you and the others. If the council requests that I... ahem... we... investigate as I believe they will I'll need people of a like mind to assist me in such an endeavor. The way I see it, knowing the council like I do, they will want a... percentage and the rest of us would be left with an even split of all proceeds. I can't speak for the council but I can speak for myself and for any that would help me in such a task. There will be a time for negotiations with the council, but like I said I can't speak for them. Think about it speak with your... acquaintances and I'm sure we'll be in touch very soon."

The woman smiled and turned to go, she stepped with confidence and grace at a sedate pace.
__________________
Status: Ready and willing!
Congratulations to my Georgia Bulldogs! Back to back!!!
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Nov 29th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John Yug (Yg'ffwla'vngl'asr)

John will just watch the strange cat lady as she walks off before quickly writing up a number of contracts, one for the council should they wish to hire himself and one in case Joya wanted to hire either of them. The council contract consisted of daily wages lower than average for their experience, but included a first pick caveat when it came to any kind of technologies that might be scavenged. The second one was for if Joya hired them, and it consisted of a larger portion of scavengable technology should she wish to employ the two of them. He had no clue what this grand opportunity was for them, but he for one, and most likely Chester-friend would agree, worked for pay of some kind. The exception of course was for any objective based technology. If their goal was to get a piece of technology, John and Chester would be unable to claim it. Believing his terms fair, he nods with satisfaction to himself.

Once that was completed he goes over to Chester's stall to run the contracts by him, "Good morning Chester-friend! The nice cat-lady-customer is interested in either personally hiring us or hiring us on behalf of the council. I have taken the opportunity to write up a number of variable contracts that will be to the benefit of both of us, please look over them and make any adjustments as you see fit!"

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Dec 6th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Dec 6th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Evil Abed's Avatar
Evil Abed Evil Abed is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 3rd, 2018
RPXP: 100
Evil Abed Evil Abed
Posts: 27
Grant WalkerGrant rolls out of bed and grabs a bite of some stale food he had handy. After shaking off the morning drowse he sets out to the town always keeping an eye out and taking alley ways, darting around corners, and quickly looking back so he can try and get a look to see who, or what, is following him.

As he heads to market he sees Joya walking away from the stall. Grant gives a kind smile to her and tips lifts his hat to oblige her. "Good morning, ma'am"

As he walks up to the stall he motions towards John and Chester and looks at the stall to see what John has managed to put out so far in the morning. "Good morning guys. Fun times yesterday. I came to get some of those cartridges. I wanted to pick up 20"
__________________
"This is definitely the darkest timeline."
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John Yug (Yg'ffwla'vngl'asr)

John Smiles at the human-customer, "Of course Grant-customer, the black powder charges are 10 gold pieces each, and the specialist charges are 100 gold pieces each! I have Dragonfire Charges in the number of twenty and entangling charges in the number of twenty, then black powder charges in the number of forty. Which would you like?"

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester peered at the contract that Jon placed in front of him.

"I don’t understand a word of any of this, Jon," he said scratching his head between his ears. "I dunno. I like a job as much as the next person and if you think this is fair I’m game."

Chester nodded to Grant when he arrived.

"....wherin the party who is the primary benefactor being a representative of ...." he muttered as perused the papers Jon had presented.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.

Last edited by Jeffkevlar; Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 08:24 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
Kalbee, Central US - Wednesday morning
Sprinkles scampers around the stall to crouch beside Chester, avoiding the other customers standing at the stall. He stares intently at Grant for a moment, his whiskers twitching slightly, before nodding in recognition.
"Nothing good found last night." he pauses with a glance to the floor, his eyes twitching side to side before looking back at Chester, "No blue glow either."
He glances quickly at the others, then turns back to Chester to see if there is a response.


__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Dec 16th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
Tam's morning routine proceeds as it usually does, though without its usual hangover. For some reason he hadn't fancied the beer last might. Mind you the shake in his hands this morning probably meant he should have some soon. Never mind - he packed up some things and meandered slowly into town. Strange - the same group as yesterday was already gathering in the market - the catwoman among them "Now that's a girl with some ideas in her head. Worth keeping an eye on I reckon"

Walking over, Scar trotting along beside, he saw the cat leaving the group and Grant just arriving. As he approached the woman,Tam nodded a wary greeting. "Morning. Looked like there was news there - anything interesting going on?
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Dec 17th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester nods at Sparkles news. He knew the wily ratfellow was resourceful and often went out looking for good stuff. It was disappointing that nothing was found last night but hat was hiwnthings went he reckoned.

"Hmm. No blue glow? Think someone else got to it?" he asked. "It looks like I might have a job coming up with Jon here. If I head out you should let me know where to look myself for the glow. It should be valuable."

The gunslinger turned to Tam when he showed up. He had seen him around but had always dismissed him as a drunk. He looked ok today though.

"Howdy," he greeted him. "We don’t often see you shopping on the market."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 01:58 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
Kalbee, Central US - Wednesday morning

Sprinkles shakes his head, "Just mentioned 'cause we talked about it yesterday," he scrunches his nose and shakes his head a bit, "Now its stuck in my head."

The ratman looks up as Tam arrives, but spends a bit more time staring at the fox before huffing a sigh and turning back to Chester.
"Las' time I saw it was way east, four or five days outside KC."

__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 07:37 PM
ricktur63's Avatar
ricktur63 ricktur63 is offline
Flower of Everything!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 7774
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posts: 10,665
It was probably less than ten minutes before the catwoman strode back into the market with a letter in hand. Several of her silken scarves wafted in the slight breeze of the morning air. There was a look of determination on her countenance that foretold purpose in her action. Her confidence was apparent to any that took note of such things. She strode boldly up to the small gathering of sundry persons. She held out the letter from her papa for the men to read. If any of them were able to read that is...

"Councilman Louis has asked me to gather interested parties willing to travel east of Kansas City. There will be an opportunity for those willing to go." She lowered her voice and looked around to make certain there were no prying eyes or overtly curious listening ears. "There was word of a thriving city far to the east. Meet me near the quarantine building this afternoon. About two hours past noon if you wish to take part of this expedition." She looked pointedly at Jon before she continued. "There will be no contract. I will agree to an even split of any tech or shiny items we might acquire. That is the best I can do. My word is my bond, not a piece of paper. Are you folks interested or should I continue my search for companions?"
__________________
Status: Ready and willing!
Congratulations to my Georgia Bulldogs! Back to back!!!
#OneRaceHuman #OnlyLoveDefeatsHate

Last edited by ricktur63; Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester’s eats perked up and twitched, making his bowler hat rock on top of his head. East near Kansas. Now that is a coincidence. He gave a pointed look to Sparkles, motioning him to stick around then moved over beside Jon.

"Looks like I read all that contract Mumbo-jumbo for nothin’." He turned towards the cat woman.

"I reckon you might want an extra gun or two along. It’s been a spell since I been to Kansas. I’ll come along." He patted the grip of his pistol. "I’ll make sure to keep myself useful out there."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.

Last edited by Jeffkevlar; Dec 18th, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John

John frowns from the cat woman to Chester, "You are ok with even shares chester-friend? This is not advantageous for us, but if you feel it to be worth it I will join you. I have a cart we can use for hauling. Will the council ensure our property goes unbothered customer-cat-lady? I will need to prepare my angel for travel, I do not trust her left in town, and maybe I will have what is needed to finish her on the way!"

With that John begins making calculations for space in the cart and a list of things he would bring with him.

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 03:15 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
Kalbee, Central US - Wednesday morning

Grant pauses with a raised eyebrow at John, "I'm gonna have ta go say 'No' to the special ones..thats a bit much. But are the blackpowder cartridges Paper is the current standard and what pricing in SRD is based on.
Metal is 5gp more per 'new' cartridge, but often reusable
paper or metal?"
his eyes move to Joya, watching for a moment before responding, "Ain't much going on here, so I'm in."

As he speaks, Sparkles' eyes flicker from Grant to Chester. When he catches Chester look, the slightly ragged looking ratman bobs up and down in confirmation before shifting to settle in and wait.

__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 26th, 2023
RPXP: 14610
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 8,203
John

John nods and pulls out twenty reloaded metal cartridges and twenty paper cartridges from his stall, "Yes Yes Grant-Customer, here is my stock. If you wish the metal ones, I will charge you the same units as the paper, but the cases must be returned when used. Is this acceptable?" As he waits for the response, he begins orgainizing the bullets in various symmetrical shapes.

OOC: I would assume he has reused metal casings.

__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Jeffkevlar's Avatar
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar is offline
Space Goblin Number One
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2019
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posts: 2,889
Chester let Jon and Grant figure out their ammunition transaction and moved close to Sparkles.

"Sounds like we are headed east. You want to give me a better idea of where I should be looking for the glow out there? Could be a decent payday..."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
DM of: So You Wanna Be A Starfinder? | Blood on the Snow | Out Of The Abyss
Very Very behind. So sorry if I owe you posts. Working on getting myself together to get back to work on here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB