Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Oct 17th, 2021, 02:30 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1022
CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue
Introductions please!
right-aligned image
It appeared that everyone was interested in proceeding and cared little for introductions. "Boring", Earlamar thought to himself. After listening to Almavalesh and everyone who replied, Earlamar moved to where he could be seen by everyone - possibly the center of the room, if the space was vacant.

"Now now, this won't do. We know nothing about each other and we're about to embark on a journey that may change us forever", with a loud voice, attempting to catch the attention of everyone, Earlamar spoke with a practised confidence and smirk, "Allow me to begin, Grimly Packer, if someone hadn't caught my name before, that's it - I stick to the shadows that's where I'm most comfortable at. Once I find a weakness in my enemy's defences, I strike - it's usually the most efficient way to go about things. If an enemy sees me though, things take a turn for me; and that's where I'll need your help - provided of course, if we run into something in Almavalesh's mind". He paused, looking around the room to see how this information fared with the group - if they cared or were disinterested by it. "But enough about me, I want to know more about everyone - especially you my friend", he said looking at the tortle-esque creature.

As if to allow the tortle to take "center stage" Earlamar took a little bow and moved to the side - not the most subtlest of gestures but he made it look so.

I am here too "Bam!", with a loud thud a little silver haired boy falls onto his face and into the mud.

His clothes ruined. As he attempts to sit up, he can hear the familiar laughter of his siblings surrounding him. His older brother responsible for the "situation" he was in while the rest of them pointed and laughed. No one stepped to help Earlamar up, no one said anything to the one who pushed him, hurt him, ridiculed him. When the children returned home, the maids could care less about why it happened. They only cared about making sure Earlamar was cleaned up and prepped for dinner. All siblings were supposed to be presentable at the dinner table - and so they were.

No one noticed the bruises on his face, or he didn't say a word during the dinner, or he barely ate a thing that evening.

Several years later

"Do you think we're stupid Earlamar?", a bubbling anger had burst. His father was not having it this time. The entire family present, his mother standing beside his father with a look of disgust, his sibling standing away from him while his father continued to shout in his outrage.

"We know you're Gilgamesh Gargle - pretending to be this person, stealing from your brother's business, planting things in your sister's closet. The Xyr household is being accused of theft, and rumors are circulating in bars that your brother is an old woman. I don't even want to know how you did that. I'm giving you one last chance to explain yourself, what do you have to say?" It was amazing how this older gentleman still could find it in himself to allow Earlamar an explanation.

Earlamar, with a dead serious expression, looked up at his father, his mother, and then pointed at his older brother: "Do you seriously think that's not an older woman?", his sister let out giggle before she was instantly gazed at by her mother and the giggle died down.

His father let out an audible sigh, and then calmly began to speak with no hint of sorrow. "Then from this day forth, you are no longer a son of the Xyr household. Remove yourself from our property stranger. Be gone", he said as he gestured to the guards. Earlamar took a bow, a deep one, and with a smirk on his face departed before the guards could push him out.

After leaving the Xyr household, Earlamar heads to his usual place a rather run-down part of the city where he's greeted by a young child wearing clean clothes but barefooted and holding a broken little toy. "Did you bring more medicine for mother?", she asked a teary eyed Earlamar as he didn't speak but nodded in reply.

Stat Block
STR 14 DEX 18 CON 9 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 18

Action BlockFree Action:
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Condition:
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7823
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Derek Draven
right-aligned image

It seemed no one wanted to go first at starting a dialogue. That was a problem as we needed to know about each other if we were to work together. I was tempted to speak up, but was very nervous that I would make a fool of myself again. Fortunately Grimly Packer broke the ice by introducing himself and inviting others to introduce themselves. Feeling the pressure taken off of myself, I found my courage and spoke up, though I wasn’t sure how much I should say.

“I am Derek Draven, novice wizard. I am fairly knowledgeable about magic, and I’ve been told I’m good at noticing small things, certain details and the like. I have a number of spells that you may consider at your disposal for this task. Just for clarity, I can cast chill touch, light, and mage hand at will. I can cast mage armor, charm person, false life, and magic missile, though I can only cast spells of that level twice without taking a rest.”

“For anyone not knowledgeable in magecraft, chill touch is an attack spell. Light creates…well light, and mage hand lets me manipulate things at a distance. Mage armor gives me a magical protective shroud, normally I would cast that right away, but I’m not sure if it will be necessary, and I don’t want to waste the spell. Charm person makes someone friendly for a short time, but when it wears off they tend to be angry that magic was cast on them. I don’t like using that one unless I have to. False life bolsters my health, and magic missile is an attack spell that never misses.”

“I’m, uh…I’m probably the youngest and weakest person here, but I promise I will do my best to contribute and not be a burden to anyone. This is my first job as an adventurer, and I’ll do my best to make it go well.”

Stat BlockAC:12 HP:6/6 STR:7 DEX:14 CON:11 INT:16 WILL:14 CHA:16
Passive Perception:17
Spells Prepared/Spell Slots:1st 3/3, mage armor, charm person, false life, magic missile
Character Sheet

Last edited by Togot; Oct 17th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17617
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Oguun
right-aligned image
Startled, Oguun snapped his head up and shook his crest out of his eyes. He'd nodded off somehow and missed the beginning of some sort of customary exchange. Ah, designations and strategic capabilities.

"I am Oguun. I am a student of the principle of Life, as Life is a necessary prerequisite to following the Way and eradicating the enemy. My existence has been short and entirely devoid of accomplishments."

"I am best placed at the fore of conflicts, where I may serve as an obstacle and assault opponents. I can heal, injure, protect, grant advantages and disadvantages, summon light, perform actions at a distance. My abilities are very limited. That is all."

Last edited by Corwin; Oct 17th, 2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 09:48 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14540
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
On the Cusp of Dreaming
left-aligned image

Almavalesh sighed and rubbed his temples as he realized that there were still a few people in the group that were far from comprehending the power that onomancy held. A slightly regretful look entered his face, but then with a shake of his head, he mumbled. "Well, I suppose this much will have to suffice. It is their job, I suppose." When Baka began to explain his own understanding about what the mage was proposing, the gentleman earnestly returned his eye contact, and when the tortle whispered his last words, a knowing look entered his face. "Do not worry that the journey which we'll be undertaking will draw from your own memories this time. Today we're visiting my memories, and all of yours will remain within the privacy of your own minds. I respect that you've clued me in though, friend. I shall ask you about it again in the future."

With the matter of discussing things out of the way, the mage left the group of adventurers to talk amongst themselves as he completed his ritual. Those that were watching him still stayed clueless about the meaning behind the intricate arrangement in the middle of the room, and as Almavalesh continued gesturing and intoning incantations, it was mostly part of the background as nothing particularly exciting seemed to be happening with his magic. No flickering lights or odd noises occurred, and after a good amount of time that seemed arbitrary to those without timepieces, Almvalesh simply stopped speaking and looked up. "It is done. The ritual is complete." For a few moments longer he kept his look of concentration as he kept committing what he had learned to memory. "Again, I thank you for your trust and I promise that I'll not be abusing what you've given willingly to aid me in my own private matters." He looked across the room of adventurers, and his expression turned a bit more relaxed with a slight smile on his lips. "I fear though that the rituals aren't over yet, because now it will be time to induce our shared dream."

With a wide movement, the debonaire mage gestured on the improvised beddings that were prepared around the room. "If you haven't done so yet, please make yourself as comfortable as you can be. I know adventurers have a habit of sleeping in their armor, but at least make use of the cushioning that we have provided." With a smirk on his face the mage settled down into the chair that had until then stood unused but was now giving him the opportunity to sit in front of the group like on a throne. A very comfortable one though. "I'm sorry if I haven't paid any attention to your conversations, but if you've got anything left to discuss, you've got a few more minutes before my spell will draw you in." With that he turned to Rolen and Derek. "About your familiars, please let me know if you want them to follow into the dream. As I said, I will keep an eye on the living world, but feel free to take measures that would leave you the most at ease. There's no need to make this quest an uncomfortable affair." After hearing the adventurers out if there was anything left to say, Almavalesh relaxed into his chair completely and seemed to slip into a meditative state. For a few more minutes nobody felt drowsy, but eventually the first person fell asleep, and not long after the others joined until even the elves felt the call to either reject the magic or join in with their trance.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Derek Draven
right-aligned image

I watched Almavalesh perform his ritual with great interest, trying to commit it to memory. While I would never dare try to repeat it myself without a full understanding of it, it might come in handy in the future if I ever did try to learn it. I made myself as comfortable as I could as instructed, and when asked about my familiar, I didn’t need to think it over.

“I would like Nephala to accompany me into the dream.”

Spells Prepared/Spell Slots:1st 3/3, mage armor, charm person, false life, magic missile
Character Sheet
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Geghard Van, Human FighterSheet | AC: 19 | HP: 12/12 | Status: Normal
Second Wind 1/1 | Polearm Master | Dueling Style

left-aligned image

Geghard continued to listen as others introduced themselves as greater length, offering a demeanor of polite attention – and in fact he was listening with interest. At first he declined to volunteer anything more about himself, as he had not been asked directly, but when the conversation made its natural way around, he responded to the expectant eyes that had just landed on him. “It looks like I’m the only one here without supernatural powers,” he informed the others, “so I can’t help you there. I can handle myself in a melee, if we’re somehow accosted.

“I guess that would have to be by nightmares…?”
Geghard looked to Avalladasz for some confirmation or comment, but the man was still absorbed in his preparations. Geghard turned back to the others to offer a shrug and a pleasant smile, then began to prepare a comfortable bed for a short rest.

Last edited by secretID; Oct 18th, 2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5130
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
High Elf l Wizard 1 l 8/8 HP l 16 AC l Mage Armor Active l Spell Slots Lvl 1: O-O
right-aligned image

"I am just a simple wizard, interested in magic, more so interested in the creation of illusions," he said as he grabbed a large number of pieces of fleece and made some motions with his hands, throwing the fleece out every second emerging from the fleece came smoke, then a red dragon arose from that smoke, hurling fire from it's mouth, it's wings spread wise as it flung it's head back and forth, the image looked real, very detailed, but the group would notice, it did not make a sound as it moved around. "It's called a motion picture, usually minor illusions are still images within a space and would require the use of the silent image spell, by using the spell quickly within the space, one after the other, you can create what looks like a moving image. Still have some work to do, needs to be faster to get a smoother motion, some more attention to detail, and can't yet get sound and image at the same time, but I'm working on that, practice makes prefect as they say. My hopes are to become a great illusionist someday, maybe I'll get to show you more on this adventure." He said as he waved away the spell, the dragon vanishing from their sight.

"As much as I would like to have Ara come with me, we seem to already have another familiar join us, and as sure as you are about your intentions with us, I would like to have my own insurance that I have something in this plain to get me out if need be." He said, Ara nodded in agreement.

"I will not resist your magic and I think I have learned all I need to know, I say let's begin." He said as he got himself comfortable, Ara now standing over him, keeping watch on this plane.

Mechanical InformationMove:
Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Rolls:
Character Sheet Link

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!

Last edited by The Dark Star; Oct 21st, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 08:02 PM
'Til all are one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4947
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Baka
right-aligned image
Baka listens to the introductions of the others in polite silence, the odd puff of smoke pouring from his mouth as he continues to tend his pipe whilst hearing their respective stories. He does so, seemingly oblivious to "Grimley's" intent to make him centre stage. In due course, the natural opening for him to offer his own stories is presented. Shifting his bulk slightly, his somewhat bloodshot eyes work their way around the room, resting momentarily upon each inhabitant.

"You are all so utterly intriguing. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm afraid I've not much of note to offer in return. I am a humble tortle, content to wander wherever the winds of fate seem to cast me. More from carelessness on my part, I suppose, than any real intent. I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out exactly where I am, and why. Generally speaking by the time I've managed to figure it out, I'm usually swept up and off to some other place, to do it all over again. It's terribly bothersome, I must admit."

He has a slow, ponderous manner of speaking, as if every syllable is given it's due time to be heard and processed before moving onto the next. Each sentence, sometimes even partway through a sentence, is punctuated by another draw of the pipe, further lengthening an already time-consuming oration. When the end of his narration finally arrives, he licks the dried, cracked lips of his mouth and nods.

"Yes... terribly boring, I'm afraid. I see all manner of interesting things in my travels, of that I am certain, but alas do not find they stick up here..." he taps the top of his head with the arm of the pipe, "...to be well enough recalled. It might be a lot to ask, but perhaps after whatever interesting things we get up to here, one of you might be so kind as to write it down for me?"

The follow up discourse seems to tax Baka, as if the effort of speaking at such length is not something to which he is commonly accustomed. His eyes do another sweep of the room in a heavy, laboured movement, before falling expectantly once more upon Almavalesh. Just as he settles down, his eyes widen in a small start.

"Oh! I don't believe I am in possession of a familiar, and if I was, then I seem to have lost it. I'd be most appreciative if anyone who found it would return it to me, and I will certainly pay whatever reparations are required if the little trouble maker has caused any mischief."

The Tortle nods sagely at this, rubs his chin and furrows his brow as he considers that final point.

Last edited by Arkaon; Oct 20th, 2021 at 08:04 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 08:40 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14540
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
The Dreamscape
left-aligned image
As the adventurers rested comfortably in a half circle around the mage Almavalesh sitting in his chair, the drowsiness of sleep overwhelmed all but Rolen without any transition. The elven ancestry protected the lasting race from being put to sleep and even Earlamar felt like he was extended an invitation that he could easily refuse, but in the end it was only Rolen as the one full-blood elf who was able to retain a semblance of consciousnes as he entered his elven trance. All the other adventurers were sound asleep, braving themselves for this mission as their attention turned inwards. For a moment the world was black and nobody had any shape, but eventually, seven consciousnesses awakened to witness the nothingness around them. "Don't fret, you're not blind." From seemingly out of nothing a silvery voice appeared that none of the adventurers had heard before. "Everything is working swimmingly. The ritual succeeded and all nine of us are present. Give me just a moment, you will need a body before you can speak." Before anything could be seen, the voice was followed by a chirping sound that seemed to come from everywhere at once, but then the darkness bubbled like a raindrop that had fallen onto a leaf, and from its ripples a gliding swallow appeared into view where it had not been before.

"Welcome adventurers, welcome to our dream. My dream, specifically, but since we're all here I'd say it wouldn't be fair to claim complete ownership." The swallow spoke with the silvery voice that the incorporeal adventurers had heard before, but for the more observant of them, it was using an inflection that was oddly similar to a certain debonaire mage. But the riddle was easily lifted even for those that hadn't understood on their own after just another second. "Ah yes, it is me, Almavalesh. On this journey I shall serve as our dream guide, and since she will not be a main actor in this memory, I've chosen to equip the shape of my very own Starlight." The swallow followed its words with a happy sound and then the transformed magician seemed to land on top of the empty air. "Just right now I am inviting you into my mind palace, which is where your waking self will be able to materialize itself into something of substance. For now though, you can just stay afloat and wait for me." The conversation with the swallow had an odd sense of reality to it, but otherwise the absence of physical sensations was very much in line with what each of the adventurers could remember dreams that they had in the past. The incorporealness wasn't taxing as none of the adventurers had a body that could feel any stress, so whatever time it took to jump to the next stage went by idly and comfortably for the adventurers. When finally a light-filled hallway appeared inside the darkness and Almavalesh as Starlight flew into it without hesitation, the consciousnesses that were pulled along had no reason to protest, even if they had been able to.
right-aligned image

The hallway was longer than realistically possible, but when Starlight finally reached its end, it shot out into a sun-lit room at high velocity. With its wings spread into a shield of blue feathers, the swallow broke its dash easily, and just as the beautiful bird turned around to inspect if anything had followed, seven humanoids slowly walked out of the same hallway that the bird had arrived at, looking like they had lost their way into somebody's living room. Derek had his familiar sitting on his shoulder and just as all of the adventurers came to terms with the strangeness that had just happened for them to arrive on the carpet in front of fine furniture and an even finer fireplace, the silvery voice of their spirit guide reared again. "Welcome again! This time in the house Avalladasz! Please, orient yourself, I suppose it's quite odd to think first and to only have a body later. We're here. This is the memory."

As the realization sunk into the adventurers that everything around them felt, well real, the aviary version of Almavalesh carried on to welcome them into the dream. "As I've tried to explain before, now you realize that your waking self very much feels and acts like your real body. For the most part, that's really just a trick that my magic is playing on your minds, however you can consider that fractures on a representation of your mind would not be entirely harmless. Please, as we have discussed before, don't jump off any rooftops. It would spell ill consequences. The wounds of your waking self may heal quickly, but that doesn't mean that your own mind palace wouldn't eventually shatter." There was this slight humor in the swallow's voice that the adventurers had come to expect from the mage, even as he was obviously serious about the strange theory that he presented.

There was a quiet pause as Starlight's words were meant to substantiate their weight, but before either the adventurers or their spirit guide could resume questions and answers, the door on the opposite end of the room opened suddenly and a man entered inside the living room with a leisurely gait and a slightly perturbed look on his face. "I suppose I must have left it somewhere outside my study, don't you think so?" All the adventurers immediately recognized the gentleman that was joining them as Almavalesh, healer and diviner as he had introduced himself. He seemed to be looking over the room which was in well-kept order as he was looking for something that refused to be found. But more curiously than that he was searching for something, the adventurers noticed immediately that his gaze coursed across the seven assembled party members without any kind of recognition. Without saying anything more about what he was looking for he walked deeper into the room, never acknowledging that he wasn't alone.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Oct 28th, 2021 at 09:41 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 09:13 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Derek Draven
right-aligned image

The disembodying experience of entering the dreamscape was unlike anything I had ever felt before. It was disconcerting, alarming, yet also freeing. Still, I was relieved when I reconstituted a physical form. I wondered if that was what it was like to be dead, just a formless consciousness. When I arrived in the room, the first thing I did was pinch my arm to test my pain response.

When the…past self…memory? I decided to call it the shadow of Almavalesh entered the room, I expected awkward conversation, yet he seemed oblivious to our presence. It made me curious as to how much we could interact with this world and its inhabitants. Were we mere observers to a play, or participants in the events? Like any wizard worth a wit, I proceeded to experiment in order to test my limits. I walked closer to our host and said, “Hello?”

Spells Prepared/Spell Slots:1st 2/2, mage armor, charm person, false life, magic missile
Character Sheet

Last edited by Togot; Oct 29th, 2021 at 01:17 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 04:48 AM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3057
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Aurora
right-aligned image

Being out of her body was surely a new experience to Aurora but when they finally got their physical forms back, there was still a surprise and a bit of worry on her face. Everything was surprisingly quiet from her perspective. She unsheathed both her weapons and begun to walk around the room, inspecting every corner.

"Godbert? ...Godbert? Where are you?" She was seemingly talking to herself again. "Ah... I think I understand." She looked up to the blue bird. "You didn't let him in... or he just didn't want to enter... It's refreshing."

Seeing another Almavalesh pass by without even acknowledging them, she asked. "So? This one is just a puppet?" She looked up to the blue bird again... Looking at someone felt easier, when they didn't look like a person. "Are you going to stay that way, or take a more... practical body?"

Aurora walked up to one of the plants and cut it down with her sabre. She suddenly dropped both of her weapons and fell to her knees, holding her head. Her face was showing a pained expression. "I guess some things didn't change..." She said quietly to herself. Aurora picked up the part of the plan she cut and whispered something to it. Edges of the green leaves begun to curve inside and tightening, eventually turning into small, green balls. She gathered them in one hand and walked around the room, from one person to the other. "I want each of you to take one and keep it. If you see someone being on the death's door, just put it in their mouth." She put any remaining ones into her pocket and picked up her sabres from the floor.

OOCCast: "Goodberry"

InitiativeCharacterACHPStatusActionPosition
- Aurora Turpis 17/16 11/11 Weapons out Cast Godberry -

Last edited by BarrowB; Oct 23rd, 2021 at 04:49 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 05:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Geghard Van, Human FighterSheet | AC: 19 | HP: 12/12 | Status: Normal
Second Wind 1/1 | Polearm Master | Dueling Style

left-aligned image

Geghard accepted the berry and examined it briefly. “This isn’t how you ended up with a ghost friend, I hope,” he said before pocketing it.

Geghard watched the second version of their host with interest, of course. “Are you dreaming of yourself, Mr. Avalladasz?” He asked Starlight, before reaching out to gently touch the human version.

OOCI'm also curious whether they can physically interact with other aspects of the environment; I would assume so.

Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17617
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Oguun
right-aligned image
A brief moment of nothingness and then, something? Darkness, consciousness, presence. It is like hatching again, thought Oguun, except for the talking bird. Despite himself, he enjoyed the feeling of weightlessness and ease, imagining that it must be something like what the more skilled monks felt in their bodies. Reality or something like it returned all too swiftly, and with it, a body that disappointingly turned out to be his own.

"We're here. This is the memory." The place much resembled Almavalesh's room at the Shield, filled with all manner of crafted items. Is this what they take when they take our knowing of ourselves from us?. The mage-bird's words sank in, and Oguun was overcome with a faint feeling of horror as Aurora casually slashed down a plant, bespelled it, and handed him a piece of the result.

"Bird-Almavalesh? I am not familiar with the term 'mind-palace'. You say we can suffer true injury here. Are we in an illusion of what you remember, or is what we see your true living knowing of yourself? Can we damage or destroy your knowing of yourself by our actions here?" He held the berry at arm's length as if it might explode.

Last edited by Corwin; Oct 25th, 2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5130
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
High Elf l Wizard 1 l 8/8 HP l 16 AC l Mage Armor Active l Spell Slots Lvl 1: O-O
right-aligned image

First there was darkness, then, they appeared in the dream world, the mind palace, as it was called. Rolen touched himself, and it felt as if he was really touching himself, but noticeably, the pain in his leg was gone completely, it made sense for the world they were now in and he didn't question it.

He was handed a green ball by Aurora, he felt it touch his hand, and he instinctively closed his hand.

"Thank you, I will remember that," he said as he put it into his pocket, "first things first I guess, if some of you want to ask questions while we are here, could we spare a moment for myself to recast my mage armour, and then allow me to regain my used spell slot, I think that it would be beneficial to the party if I was able to." He explained to them.

Mechanical InformationMove:
Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Rolls:
Character Sheet Link

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1022
CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue
A Vivid Dream
right-aligned image
His consciousness floats but he mutters not a word for the confusion blurs most things in this landscape. Despite being a half-elf, he was familiar with dreaming. But this felt more - an out of body experience? Perhaps. He wouldn't know. Magic was bewildering - as it was confusing for his feeble mind.

The idea of being afloat without a physical body was challenging for Earlamar - he would probably have nightmares about this but for now, he kept his composure. Although he wasn't familiar with the feeling but in those brief moments that felt like an eternity, it felt like dying.

Finally, his consciousness is reshaped and melded back with his body - unnerving to say the least. He takes in whatever bits of information he can from the bird's explanation but before he can ask anything, another Almavalesh enters the room - this one human.

"Are there two of them? No, can't be. We did the whole sit in a circle thing. We're dreaming, surely. And the time thing, hmmm.. so we went back in time, are in a dream - oh, we're revisiting his memories somehow?", albeit slow - Earlamar finally puts the pieces together.

He takes the green bead, not sure what to make of it but nods and replies and smirks as he does so: "I'm hoping the same as Geghard - no Godbert for me too, thank you", as he carefully places the bead in a pouch.

"I'm not sure what spell slots are but as long as it doesn't stop us from keeping up with Almavalesh, I've got no objections", he replies to Rolen, as he walks towards Almavalesh, carefully stepping aside so as to not touch him but also see who is behind him through the door.

"We need to find the missing part of his memory right? And possibly any details that we can about that person he met last?", he says outloud - not speaking to anyone in particular but hoping that someone more smarter than him would tell him if he was correct or if there was more to it.