Game Thread Miss Ignisora - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
Seeing Rolen doing well with the negotiations thus far, the Norseman had remained silent. It now seemed time to interject his opinion. "For the book: what would be your price for a day of borrowing?" He decided to ask for a day, not knowing how long it would take their trusty scholar contact to pore through the thing. "The price of the other is both relieving AND concerning." Glanteth doesn't elaborate verbally about his statement, but is thinking about it. It's only a relief because their purses were flat. Blood is a thing they could easily afford. Try as he might, Thor's priest could think of no use this man might have for their blood that isn't nefarious - no reason for collecting it that wouldn't make them all regret giving it up.
OOC
 
 
 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 09:24 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Repeat Customers
left-aligned image
Izim looks to Glanteth, then to Rolen again. "In lieu of the one answer, I would allow the peruuuusal of the tome for a limited time, here. It is a matter of security, you un-der-staaaand."
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 04:25 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 36/36 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |
Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 2/2, 3rd(SR) 2/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 1/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 1/1 (SR)

Rolen was no stranger to creepy entities who were impolite, after all, he had one as a patron. Additionally, he currently had a Vampire who was stalking him. So, the Warlock stood Izim in stride, "The question is not how valuable the blood is to us, but rather what value it has to you? To what purpose would you put our blood? I can think of no use for our blood that does not involve some danger to us."

Rolen watched Izim, his audience, carefully for any trace of emotion or subterfuge.

 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 04:59 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Honeysuckle
left-aligned image

Honeysuckle keeps his voice low as he whispers to Rolan. "I not like giving blood. I think that bad idea. And your helm is very nice but looks important to you. I have other things to trade. A magical orb of light that will follow the user...and also...this...he pulls out the Bullywog insignia and tries to keep it hidden from Izim. "They said it would show as a friend to Bullywog. Izim likes information, may be easy access to Bullywog is of value....maybe..."


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 07:29 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Repeat Customers
left-aligned image
The corners of Izim's mouth lifted slightly. "You are wise to be cautious," he says. "I have no ne-far-i-ous intent regarrrding your blood." For what it's worth, Rolen feels more confident in Izim's sincerity than ever. "It would constitute in-sur-ance. Of a kind. If you succeed in destroying your quarrrrry, I expect to have no use for it at all. If you do not..." Izim opens his palms. "I may use it in bargain."
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 07:05 AM
Thepurp's Avatar
Thepurp Thepurp is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2022
RPXP: 3524
Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp
Posts: 2,699
Torgrun Stonethrower - Hill Dwarf Druid(Sheet) (XP and Loot)
right-aligned image


Torgrun did not like the new turn in negotiations, not one bit. No red blooded dwarf be given their blood away like that, Still, this character with the handlebar mustache was the only lead they had at the moment. Although he didn't know Rolan all that well, it did seem he was a better judge of character than most and if it was just insurance against the succumbs that Izzy wanted, maybe they could strike a deal. But first he wanted to insight on weather Izzy is trying to be deceitful about his intentions on the bloodstudy Izzy a bit himself. Then he finally spoke up, "Aye, if ya just want ta keep the blood to save yurself from the succubus in case we don't eh make it, hows about ya promise to give the blood back when we come back with the succubus' head on a platter fur ya?"

 

 

 

Last edited by Thepurp; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 07:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 09:05 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Repeat Customers
left-aligned image
Izim puts his fingertips together again. "So you seek an ally, then?" he asks rhetorically. "If you succeeeeed, I will have given you your answers in exchange for nothing, and if you fail, I will have little more than the insurance. I preferrr bus-i-ness associates; I find those relationships more dependable."

Izim pauses, but before anyone can respond he resumes. "But these are unusuaaal circumstances," he notes. "These are my terms," he offers, looking again at Rolen. "If you lend me your book, I will give you what answer I can fiiiind. You will lend me your blood. If you succeed in your quest, you will give me what in-for-ma-tion you have obtaaaaained in that process in exchange for the return of your fluids." Torgrun's study of the man as he speaks elicits no more evidence of his motivations than those he has expressed in words.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 03:19 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
OOC
Actually, letting him read the book in return for what he knows about Ignisora sounds like a good deal. However, I would like to find out what Izim considers business.

IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 36/36 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 2/2, 3rd(SR) 2/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 1/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 1/1 (SR)

Rolen smiled, "Business Associates. I like the concept. You would have a vested interest in our success, and we would have an interest in your continued success. Tell us a bit about what you do for business and what help you would like from us. In return, we can see what we might be able to do to help your business."


 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 09:46 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
Liking the conversation's direction, the Norseman decides his input may benefit everyone. "I too would rather this be a business arrangement rather than an exchange of favors. Surely there was reason for you to have been courting Miss Ignisora as one of your patrons. Since you are a collector of rare antiquities, my guess is that she possesses - or at least you suspect she possesses - something that you covet. If I'm wrong in this, please correct me now, I know I'm taking a leap of assumptions. However, if there's something in her possession that you'd like to be in your own..." Glanteth clears his throat roughly. "I would like to see us both benefit from this deal as much as yourself. Please understand, discretion would be the keystone of such an agreement, were we to forge one."
OOC
 
 
 

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 06:31 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Repeat Customers
left-aligned image
Izim now turns to Glanteth. Is there a gleam in his eye, behind those little glasses? "I think that she does have something of interest to me: herself. If you could take this fiend prisoner, rather than destroy her...we could bargain. As you may know, if you destroy such a creature outside of its plane of origin, you destroy only its avatar, and you allow it to reform back in its home." Izim opens his palms again. "So you may prefer her to be alive, in my custody.

"But what would you seek in return?"
he asks after a pause.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 08:52 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Glanteth, Son of Thorin, Cleric of Thor
left-aligned image
"I want a favor. An open-ended favor. The next time one of us approaches you for help, you give it freely without treating the request like a business transaction. Sorry, that's not all. We want to borrow the book, the treatise on the planes, for up to a day. In exchange, you can have our ritual book when we return to keep. Lastly, we need a way to properly secure the demoness for transport back to you - a way to nullify her powers once she's subdued. Whatever means you give us will be returned with her upon our successful completion." The Norseman leans forward in his seated position in the Izim's parlor. "I'm sure you understand that the favor is the only true payment here, the second two things I requested are only meant to help secure our success in this mutually beneficial endeavor."
OOC
 
 
 

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Jan 7th, 2022 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 11:53 AM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Rolen - Warlock (Hexblade) Male Half-Elf
AC 18+2 | HP: 36/36 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , PP 16, PI 9 | Status: normal |

Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, if Adv, re-roll lowest d20Elven Accuracy , Dim and Dark as normal, See through Magical DarknessDevil Sight, : 120ft | Spell Slots 1st(LR) 2/2, 3rd(SR) 2/2 For Target: Crit on 19 or 20, +3 damageHexblade Curse(SR) 1/1 | If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you cant use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Favored of Gods 1/1 (SR)

"Glanteth's proposal is a good one. You can examine the volume that we have, gleening its secrets, while we take Elurik's book to be examined by one who is better at such things than us. As well, we are committed to returning the demoness to you. Anything that you can do to assist in this mutually beneficial mission will aid us both.
"
Rolen continued in a persuasive tone, "In fact, you risk little and stand to gain much from our mission."


 

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jan 9th, 2022, 10:25 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Repeat Customers
left-aligned image
Izim pauses several seconds to consider the proposal. "These are un-u-su-al good and services," he observes, "but I deal in such thingggs. Still, I prefer to be as exact as possible.

"I will not agree to giving you anything in the future, without limit,"
he says. "However, I will agree to meet any one request that does not cost me more than minimally. The answer to your present question would be one such ex-am-ple.

"Otherwise, I agree to your terms, with one addition: you will provide me your blood before leaving with the book. I will return it to you in exchange for Ignisora...should you capture her."

Last edited by secretID; Jan 9th, 2022 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12888
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 5,087
Rikke Skyhammer
right-aligned image
Rikke found the brisk exchange of terms, and conditions, and proposals both entertaining and a little confusing. Used to the languid pace of negotiating with halflings, who were content to do business during an evening of roast boar, pipe weed, and mead, this was quite the spectacle. She sure hoped they were getting the upper hand, but it seemed like this guy still wanted their blood, which still seemed very weird.

They needed the help, however, and so despite her reservations she offered Glanteth a gesture of support for the current deal such as she understood it, with a small nod. Rikke Skyhammer was eager to get back to ridding the West Marches of demons, even if she wasnít really eager to encounter more demons.




 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Honeysuckle
left-aligned image

Honeysuckle unusually quiet, has spent the past 10 minutes going back and forth between speakers as if he were at a tennis match. Now that things seem to have come to a decision, he draws his new Sword of Sharpness "I ready to draw blood..."


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB