OOC Miss Ignisora - OOC - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Ah, sorry. I think I slightly misunderstood the discussion. Sounds like a winner to me, and still sounds like Rolen is our copier.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 03:06 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Rick View Post
Ah, sorry. I think I slightly misunderstood the discussion. Sounds like a winner to me, and still sounds like Rolen is our copier.
Rolen is willing to lend the Helm to someone else (for the copying or if necessary duration of adventure). To be clear, Rolen has Int 9 (-1), which I RP as a lack of formal education rather than IQ. So, I doubt that he is the best person to copy something. Now memorizing line for a play. Rolen, would do a bit better.
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 04:23 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
It seems like Torgun (Int 12) is the brains of this operation.
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 04:38 PM
Thepurp's Avatar
Thepurp Thepurp is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2022
RPXP: 3524
Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp
Posts: 2,699
Ok Torgrun can try with maybe help from someone and a little guidance. He has +1 to arcana so it's not great but it's not terrible either.

As far as timing for the return trip, do we think 4 hrs is enough time? We don't know where we're going, what kind of environment it is and whether our mark is located close by the exit site. I'm thinking maybe 12 hrs at least unless we are able to do the ritual multiple times and we want to just scout the area first.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 3862
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,432
Think a little longer would be good too. I expect other battles and a short rest or 2. Split the diff? 8 hours?
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 07:11 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Nokori View Post
Think a little longer would be good too. I expect other battles and a short rest or 2. Split the diff? 8 hours?
More than eight hours of movement/travel and we are pushing exhaustion. I think 8 hours would be good.
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 07:16 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
I just grabbed the 4 hours out of my hat without thinking too much about it. I agree we need longer and like both 8 and 12 as better options. I had some stupid scenario in my head that justified the 4 hours at the time, but I know enough to know that secretID will do what he's going to do to us regardless of any time constraints. In fact, I'd hate to lose a chance at a 2nd short rest because of time constraints, so my vote is with Thepurp's 12-hour option. Also Agreed to have Torgrun copy - Glanteth will happily provide the guidance if needed.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 09:24 AM
Thepurp's Avatar
Thepurp Thepurp is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2022
RPXP: 3524
Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp Thepurp
Posts: 2,699
I like the 12 hr option as well.

Just need a little clarification on the ritual that Torgrun is performing. Is he assisting Walton to get the ritual to go off right now on this end or is he just memorizing what needs to be done on the other end when we want to come back, with Walton's assistance on this end at that prearranged time?

Last edited by Thepurp; Jan 29th, 2022 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 11:05 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepurp View Post
Just need a little clarification on the ritual that Torgrun is performing. Is he assisting Walton to get the ritual to go off right now on this end or is he just memorizing what needs to be done on the other end when we want to come back, with Walton's assistance on this end at that prearranged time?
The latter, though it will actually be a writing, not memorization.

I'll have my post up later today.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 07:23 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerook View Post
More than eight hours of movement/travel and we are pushing exhaustion. I think 8 hours would be good.
I think the exhaustion after 8 hard hours is without short rests though, right?

@secretID The fact that you gave no indication of success or failure for the roll you made for Torgrun is mildly alarming (unless you gave him a secret missive). Actually, I'm a little confused about what it was for. At first, I thought it was to prepare for the return trip, but now I'm understanding that Brimley's bringing us back after 10 (split the difference again?) hours. Was Torgrun only assisting in the circle preparation then?

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Jan 29th, 2022 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 09:56 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Torgrun was basically taking instructions from Walton on how to do the necessary ritual on the other side to come back, with Walton's help on this side. Torgrun is going to dial the phone and Walton is going to answer it, if you get your timing right. And if Torgrun gets it all right.

A nice DM might suggest at this point that y'all bring the chalk, ash, blood, and candles necessary to do the ritual.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 02:43 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Are you all just looking for me to move you to Izim's?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 04:40 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 3716
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
Are you all just looking for me to move you to Izim's?
That works for me. We just need to grab the ash, chalk and candles though.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 08:06 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
FYI, I have no reason not just shove you through the ritual teleportation from this point, but I'll need a few days for that next step, so you should have until then.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Feb 8th, 2022, 05:09 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
FYI, I have no reason not just shove you through the ritual teleportation from this point, but I'll need a few days for that next step, so you should have until then.
Just to elaborate on this a little...

I'll certainly conclude any conversation or other IC activity before teleporting you. Otherwise, tell me now if there's anything more you want to do before finding yourselves standing in the new location.

Also, please make sure your spell preparations are clear on your sheets, and please tell me your default loadout (e.g., 2-handed sword versus hammer & shield) if there's any choice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB