Game Thread Realm of the floating islands: A Strife in the Sky - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Oct 16th, 2022, 03:44 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
OOC
Khat is buying a grappling hook and a second 50ft of hempen rope

IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

The promotion, Sky Defender Third Class, left Khat with mixed emotions. The joy of flying - the ground far below, wind whistling - mixed with the fear of falling. In the past, Khat had thrilled in climbing and, on more than one occasion, had suffered a fall. However, a fall from the flying ship, the Dragonwise, means death. Additionally, Khat is a solitary hunter, an ambush predator. The ship is full of others to fly in this magical ship means being a part of a pack. Khat yelled out the chorus with the crew and her other companions, but this adventure had already given the Bounty Hunter much on which to ponder.

Khat watched the approaching islands - floating islands - with wide eyes, "Islands, floating islands. Truly there is much more than we know betwixt the Underdark and the Etherial."

Khat nodded to Captain Frostraven, "This is your hunting ground, not mine. However, my skill in Persuasion is available should you need it to find Angellght."

If the Captain did not need her, Khat turned to Prrup-tik "I've seen the benefits of your hook. It was all that separated Suluruk from a messy death. I'm off to purchase one and a second length of rope. Care to accompany me."


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Oct 17th, 2022, 06:41 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 18/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 3/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 1/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


Valerius kept his hands on the railing as the great ship slowed, lowering itself to a stop. As to what he wanted to accomplish, there wasn't much he could think of beyond another couple drinks and a nap. There was no sense depleting the ship's stores, so he headed down to the pub for his drinks before coming back to climb in his hammock to take care of his 40 winks.

 

 

 
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 07:15 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5606
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,129
She continued to watch the amazing surrounding as they arrived, unable to take her eyes off the captivating sight. Her mouth hung open in awe, and only when she spotted a crew member staring in her direction did she shut it in an attempt to look more poised. "Magnificent..." she breathed, almost hoarsely. When the great ship finally docked, she spun around to face the captain to obtain further instructions. Shore leave. It was something she was familiar with, and definitely not something to be missed. An opportunity to feel soil beneath her boots, even if the soil itself was floating who knows how high in the air.

"The tavern sounds like a sensible idea," she intoned to Valerius. It looked like some of her other companions were going shopping, but the sound of a drink appealed to her after recent experiences. Of late drinking had become more of a test of sorts, trying to check her progress against the Doom, against being inebriated. Of course, though, it had other benefits of calming the nerves. "We should stay together in groups of at least two, in case there's trouble." She was sure there wouldn't be, but trouble had a habit of unexpectedly finding people. "I'll buy," she stated as she followed the tiefling off the ship, still thankful for preventing her from being carried off the ship.


Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Very Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Oct 19th, 2022, 08:24 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerook View Post
I've seen the benefits of your hook. It was all that separated Suluruk from a messy death. I'm off to purchase one and a second length of rope. Care to accompany me.
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)
Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 49/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|2/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck

left-aligned image

"You bet!" consents the grung, hopping his recently rehydrated form into the saddle atop Cujo. "Yeahp," he agrees, "it can stheem like a hook is in the way, 'til you really need it. You prob'ly noticed that a wolf friend is pretty helpful, too," he continues with pride. "An' Cujo never stheems in the way, do you? But I don't think you can buy one." Prrup-tik considers this unfortunate limitation. "Maybe a masthtiff - I stheen those for sthale. Or a mule - I have one! But the captain didn't like that." He pauses another moment. "Stho maybe justht the hook, then."

As they near the store, Prrup-tik has another though: "You think we should asthk about the missthing friend?" he asks.

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 49/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for smell)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 06:00 AM
delpinator delpinator is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2023
RPXP: 4082
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 8,602
right-aligned image


saluruk watches as the ship lands and thanks borean for the blessings he recieved on the ship and the wisdom of allies was bestowed upon him. "I'll share in your drink let us go to the tavern. I've got to find some of these large rocks and train." Saluruk looks around glancing for anything large in which to train in athletics.
ooc
Statblock
 
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 04:36 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
The Greenwind IslandsThe Dragonrise has barely anchored when the adventurers disembark. The ground is firm and no movement can be felt. A cold wind blows steadily across the meadows and fields. It's more like the group is standing on a cold plateau in some mountain area. Only the slowly drifting islands and clouds near and on the horizon indicate that the West Marches are indeed very far away. A few gray birds that have been making their rounds over the other airship circle briefly over Dragonrise before turning back to the other airship again.

The group of adventurers marches briskly across the field and climbs over a rotten wooden fence whose old slats look suspiciously like parts of a ship's hull. A dirt road leads to the village and is overgrown with short, hard, lean grass and moss, like those found in the north. The countless conifers and bushes are also low and wind-swept. A few furry cows watch you from a distance.

Just before the village there is a large shed whose rancid fish smell can be smelled from afar, despite the steady wind. Or because of the steady wind? Through the open doors, in the semi-darkness, huge copper kettles, dozens of barrels and large yellow fluffy strips can be seen, which were also unloaded from the other airship.

A small, shaggy dog barks angrily at the new arrivals. A small child with a fur hat and a red cloth dragon under her arm watches the adventurers with open mouth and wide eyes. Prrup-tik on Cujo in particular seems to fascinate her.

The only pub in the village "Golden Jackdaw" is quickly found. A no doubt very lifelike jackdaw with a wine jug are depicted on a weathered wooden sign. Inside there is a yawning emptiness, only an older woman comes after a few shouts and pours a cold, slightly sour and - as Valerius finds - also rather watery beer for the price. Somewhere in the background, her husband is rumbling and moving logs.
But when asked about the whereabouts of the Angellight, she just shrugs apathetically. "Airships come and go. Some of them don't come anymore. Storms, dragons, all kinds of things fly through the air." She shrugs again. "Some eats you, some eats your ship." Apparently, the fate of the crew doesn't seem to touch her.

Khat is currently standing with the village blacksmith, a fat dwarf, contemplating her newly acquired grappling hook and rope. Good work, no doubt, even if the twice as normalprice is outrageous. But what bothers her most is how the dwarf greedily stares at her all the time, rubbing his fat fingers in a weird way.

Suddenly the earth shakes and a deep crunching fills the village. The dwarf stumbles and falls to the ground, and in the Golden Jackdaw, a lot of beer is spilled on fresh clothes in shock. BOOM! CRUNCH! BOOM! CRUNCH! BOOM! CRUNCH!Now, the sound repeats muuuuch louder!


DMoC:No need to roll for initiative yet.
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community

Last edited by LeDragon; Oct 21st, 2022 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 06:01 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

Kat is a former urban bounty hunter and professional escort whose services involved varying levels of protection and charm. So, the look the Dwarf is giving her is nothing new to the Swiftstride Shifter. While some are repulsed by her black and white fur, others are oddly attracted to it. Khat had run into more than one being who had made the mistake of thinking they could take what they could not purchase. In the end, Khat decided with whom she would play, and money was a secondary consideration.

The money for the grappling hook and rope was both outrageous and a pittance compared to what was in Khat's purse and the possible life of one of her pack mates. Still, the Rogue had skills and the desire to practice with them, or perhaps it was merely the instinctual thrill of the hunt, overpowering the Dwarf verbally as opposed to physically, or perhaps Khat thought, "He'll decide to take physically what he cannot get through negotiation." Khat spared a glance to her wold mounted companion, "No, he's not idiot enough to take the two of us."

Khat gave the Dwarf the stink-eye before getting into negotiations. "Yes, I'll admit the workmanship is serviceable. However, the price is scandalous. I can understand trying to charge it to someone fresh off the airship, so to speak. However, " Khat showed the Dwarf her Sky Defender token, "trying to gouge a seasoned Sky Defender is a dangerous business. What if I spread it about that you were gouging Airships? The Ship would be less likely to put in here for gear or repairs. Worse yet, some merchants might decide there is a profit to be made setting shop and shipping goods in."

Khat is no stranger to danger. She cannot place the sounds, but they sound like a problem. "This flying island is nothing more than a large airship. Has something slammed into it? The way it shook the island, it could not be another airship. Is it deliberate or an accident?"

Khat looked to Prrup-tik, "Whatever it is, I suggest we get back to the Dragonwise. We don't want to be stranded here," Khat reached into her purse and came out with four gold, "Last chance. I leave with these four gold coins, your grappling hook, and rope."


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 01:46 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 18/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 3/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 2/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


The druid's nap was rudely interrupted by the shaking earth. He was startled enough that he spun in his hammock before being deposited on the floor. Valerius cursed profusely as he scrambled to his feet and ran for the deck. This was an odd noise for an earthquake. "Hey!" he shouted to whoever was listening, "what the **** is going on out here?!" He scanned the horizon, Perception 21trying to see what could possibly have made that noise.

 

 

 
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 07:59 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)
Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 49/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|2/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck

left-aligned image

On the way to the shop, Cujo showed a surprising Ė in fact, somewhat concerning Ė nonchalance regarding the bizarre setting. At multiple points, the wolf blithely skirted the fatal edge of the island, as if oblivious to the danger. In truth, Prrup-tik seemed to have much the same carelessness.

But now, Cujo whimpers and pants in response to the shaking and unexplained booms. ďWe sure donít,Ē Prrup-tik agrees regarding the danger of abandonment in this strange land. ďAní I donít think we wanna fight that, neither! Letísth get back, and lift off!Ē Before the Khat completes her fearless negotiation, Prrup-tik and Cujo are already yards away.

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 49/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for smell)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 04:42 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5606
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,129
The taste was sweet, a pleasant memory suddenly stirring parts of her mind that had been inactive for a long time. Despite this, there was no desperation in the drink, nor longing, only enjoyment. Perhaps she had turned a corner in her complicated relationship with the fruit of the vine. She took another long swig of her drink and then put the mug down. Only then did she turn around and enjoy the sights of the Golden Jackdaw. It was ironic in some way, walking into a tavern named after the birds they'd just fought. She guessed these things were a menace in the skies. It was entirely possible that this place saw their fair share of people carried away by the giant birds. They had to have some sort of defence against them.

She mused for a while longer even after Valerius had left back to the airship, but remaining conscious of the time in the back of her mind. It didn't take long when a great crack and boom reverberated around the floating island. She jumped up, startled, grabbing hold of the first person who was near her. "That happen often. Is that familiar or is it new?" There was an urgency in her voice, but she couldn't imagine there was anything normal about that sound. Still, it was a fool's hope. She shoved the patron backward, flung a coin on the table and then dashed for the door, rushing in the direction of the airship. She had to get there before it was too late. As she ran, she tried to take in the mood of the people. How were they responding to this noise? That would determine the urgency of her pace.


Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Very Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 12:24 PM
delpinator delpinator is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2023
RPXP: 4082
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 8,602
right-aligned image

"Well I certainly didn't mean the rock I was on. Didn't even have time to get that drink." Saluruk moves back to the ship.
ooc
Statblock
 
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 03:21 AM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
The Greenwind IslandsAt Khat's open threat, the dwarf doesn't pull a face. "I'm the only merchant here," he claims, grinning broadly and showing a gap-toothed jaw, "but I don't want to be a brute." He scratches his head and feigns some deliberation, then takes the money. "It's been a pleasure doing business with you, ma'am."

Meanwhile, Valerius looks over the railings. There is nothing to be seen at first except more clouds, but then he spots large dark shadows under the white monotony, as if from mountain peaks.

Kazza Leafwind is still sitting in the inn when the earth shakes loudly. The innkeeper, who had just been confident, turns white as a sheet. "This is the rim of the Darkground Highlands. We weren't supposed to reach them until next week!" She curses and whines. "By all the gods, I hope nothing comes climbing up the root this time...!" Then she flees to the kitchen, leaving Kazza alone at the counter with an unpaid drink and a mug of watery beer.

But Kazza pays and runs back to the airship. Outside, she also encounters Saluruk, Prrup-tik on Cujo, and Khat. A heavy bell rings wildly in the tower of the village temple. On the way back, the four watch as the people of the village shoo the animals and children into the houses and stables. Occasionally, men and women with simple weapons and light armor approach the adventurers, walking toward the village square.

The Dragonrise is also bustling with activity, but not panic. Able Aeronaut Grudark Ironcloud greets the group. "Ay, air defenders! Very good that you are all here. The captain is about to depart. We know where to go!" The half-orc grins derisively, showing a row of fangs and four sharp tusks. "It's off to the Dragon Cave Islands!"
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community

Last edited by LeDragon; Oct 30th, 2022 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 01:10 PM
delpinator delpinator is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2023
RPXP: 4082
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 8,602
right-aligned image

If a dragon is in charge of this then it will likely be a worthy foe. I can push the winds in our favor saluruk begins to cast gust of wind into the sails once everyone is on the ship.
ooc
Statblock
 
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 05:02 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image

Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

...the Dragon Cave Islands!"

Khat groaned at the announced destination. "I suppose the name is self-explanatory. Islands mean floating, where one false step means plummeting to a grisly death. Caves means large dark holes in the ground where there is limited room to maneuver, and Dragon meaning that at least some of the caves are inhabited by Dragons and or some of their flying relatives - such as Wyverns and Drakes."

Khat questioned Able Aeronaut Grudark Ironcloud, "What of the booming and shaking of Greenwind Islands? Is it some threat to the ship?"

Khat looked to Prrup-tik, her Ranger companion. " I understand why the good captain recruited a band of adventurers. However, I fear that even such as we would be overmatched by a true Dragon." Khat looked at the ladder to the Upper Crows nest. "I suppose we should take our positions."


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches

Last edited by purplerook; Oct 30th, 2022 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 01:23 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
Valerius"I'm not sure if I should be relieved or more concerned about the response here. I feel like someone other than the new guy should be worried! What's going on?"
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB