Game Thread Realm of the floating islands: A Strife in the Sky - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 01:07 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 33/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 1/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 2/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


Rubbing his eyes, Valerius scoured the landscape. He could swear that he was going to bore a hole in the clouds. Just in time, he caught a glimpse of something poking out of the clouds, about a mile away. The unmistakable silhouette of dragons' wings and tail. He grabbed Kazza's arm and shook, pointing out the red dot on the horizon before yanking the cord for the alarm bell.

 

 

 
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 02:14 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
The Dragon Cave Island - Dragon alarm!Valerius grabs Kazza's arm and shakes it, pointing out to somewhere in the clouds. Then, he yanks the string wildly.

----------------------------------

In the upper crow's nest, Khat tries to calm Able Aeronaut Brynor Featherstar. The young half-elf looks at her seriously. "Facing a dragon is not just a hunt." he says. "A decade ago, my father was a helmsman at an airship. They were flying to Saint Burrowton with about two dozen pilgrims." He pauses and looks into the darkness again. "Right in the middle of their flight, a red dragon attacked the airship. The captain tried to rise as high as possible, but the dragon kept chasing them. So the captain decided to get rid of every expendable weight on board..." The young half-elf takes a deep breath. "The dragon still caught up with them and killed them all but my uncle and the scullion. My uncle never entered an airship again after this. And we..." he suddenly stops and also Khat hears the muffled sound of the bell ringing like crazy. The Able Aeronaut's weak voice is suddenly filled with fear. "A dragon!"" he whispers.

----------------------------------

On the main deck, everyone hears the muffled ringing. "Damned!" Captain Frostraven steps to the stern with a spyglass. "That's no code! Didn't you teach them how to ring?" she bawls annoyed at Ragrum Stormfall. "Where is it? Where the heck is it?"
DM's noteEveryone can re-roll their perception check with DC15 to spot a dark red dot at starboard, about a mile away. Kazza has advantage because Valerius points into the right direction.
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 02:57 PM
delpinator delpinator is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2023
RPXP: 4082
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 8,602
right-aligned image

Suluruk watches the icy wind ae memories of his childhood sneak past like the clouds pulled across the mountain tops. This is when he most felt connected with borean. He sees the spot in the clouds and with a deeper look attempts to figure out what it is.
ooc
Statblock
 
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 04:22 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5606
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,129
The world dimmed to her vision as the darkness encroached around the corner of their airship. It was starting to be a lot harder to see in the gloom of the cloud even with her elven sight. From a certain point of view, it was quite peaceful. It reminder her of times where she'd lay on her back at night, staring into the stream of passing clouds and flickering night sky. Peaceful. Then again, her peaceful moment had always been few and far between. Even at her best, when travelling the length and breadth of the East, she'd not had many moments of peace. Always there was the call of drink and the gallows of the Doom.

She shrugged as she tried to focus her eyes against the cold, the air biting her eyes and causing them to water. No amount of rubbing truly cleared them completely even with the goggles that she had to protect against the cold. She focused her eyes, creasing her brow, taking a slow look through the drab yet beautiful night. Nothing. She rubbed her eyes again. Still nothing. Pulling her cloak around her with fervour, she hugged herself for warmth and waited for her eyes to somehow send some signals to her brain.

It wasn't the eyes that alerted her. Valerius behind her suddenly shifted and the moment she turned to the druid, she could see in his eyes that something was wrong. Her mouth opened, but Valerius' firm grab on her arm and his vigorous pointing drew Kazza's eyes back to the cloud-covered space. She looked, squinted, peering at where was point. Was there something there? What was it? For a moment she didn't really think carefully about which alarm Valerius has raised. She wished she could remember better, or otherwise hoped her eyes would find the danger. "Speak, Valerius, what is it that you have seen?"


Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Very Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 01:54 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Dice PT Perception:
1d20 14

Dice Cujo Perception:
1d20+3 (17)+3 Total = 20

Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)
Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 49/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|2/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

Wolf and grung both spin their heads in the direction of the muffled *bunk-bunk*. "Dragon!" Prrup-tik exclaims in a hushed tone. "You sthee it, friend?"

In fact, Cujo does. He lifts his front paws onto the railing to point his snout toward the dot. "Ohh," Prrup-tik whispers reverentially as he shifts his grip on his crossbow. "You think...you think maybe it is really sthmall?"

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 49/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for smell)

Last edited by secretID; Nov 20th, 2022 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 04:09 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
The Dragon Cave Island - Dragon alarm!The crew of the Dragonrise now crowds the railing as well. Muffled shouts and energetic whispers, followed by prayers to the gods of the sky. Everyone on board has seen the danger now, but it takes a few seconds for everyone to realize what it means.

In the distance, the dragon now turns at and heads toward the airship with powerful wing beats. "Damned. That's an adult one!" Thorkin Greyblitz says. "Probably from the Southern Colony."
"FULL POWER PORT!" Captain Frostraven's voice leaves no doubt as to the urgency of her orders. "CLEAR SHIP FOR BATTLE!"
The engine howls again, boots trample over the planks, curses ring out, metal clatters. The airship prances and leans to the left as the hull dictates a move which the envelope has yet to make.

Captain Frostraven continues to look at the Dragon with her spyglass transfixed. "We're not going to make it!" she hisses, barely understandable for the ones on the main deck.
"Should we go up?" Ragrum Stormfall looks at her anxiously.
"No, we're too slow for that, we'll dive into the clouds and lose the beast there!"
"Aye, captain!" Ragrum Stormfall nods! "DESCEND!"
Only seconds later, the airship tilts steeply forward, heading for the cloud cover.

DM's noteThe group can prepare for a fight. You have about two minutes, thus, plenty of time for all kinds of preparations, except getting equipment from the other side of the airship, but enough for e.g., preparing spells, feeling like you're in the wrong place,...
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 11:05 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)
Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 49/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|2/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

Prrup-tik just flexes his knees to keep his balance as the ship dives, his natural affinity for climbing - and, let's face it, his stickiness - serving him well here. The decidedly non-arboreal Cujo does not fare as well, his claws scraping noisily as he tries to remain in one place. The wolf's friend must quickly grab his saddle to keep him from skittering away. "I dunno," says Prrup-tik apologetically. "No room to run, a long way to fall, and now a red dragon! Maybe I shoulda left you at home, buddy." The grung looks back through the frantic movement on deck to the growing dot. "But we'll get each other through," he tells Cujo, and himself.

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 49/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for smell)

Last edited by secretID; Nov 20th, 2022 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 10:46 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5606
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,129
And then she saw it, at first only a glimpse as it almost lazily shifted through the dark clouds. Then it reached a point where she could clearly see its outline. It was both frightening and beautiful at the same time, powerful in its majesty. Kazza looked at Valerius, unsure what to say. What power did they have against something like that? She glanced at her hand, white and firmly on the grip of her bow, but she wasn't sure a stick or string would be enough to dent the scales of a dragon. What hope was there? A moment of despondency flowed through her body, unsure as she was about the dragon. Could they lose it in the clouds or were the engines too loud to shake it? Could this entire crew, each creature stand together and manage to defeat it? How many would die? Would she be one of them?

For the first time in what seemed like ages, she prayed to her ancestors. Only to herself, the words spoken hesitantly in elvish as she had learned so many moons ago before being cast from her tribe. Was this or better yet, how could this be the Doom of her time. She'd always imagined she'd be standing against the inevitable end with all her friends with her. Her allies. All those she'd got to know in Westhaven. Standing together. But, here she was, alone but for a handful of allies, contemplating escape, or death, or hope of victory against unimaginable power. She took a deep breath and sighed. Then she finally turned to Valerius. "I have my bow. That is as much as I can offer against the dragon. But, for the sake of this airship, you shall have it, until my dying breath. Be it this day, or another." Brave words that gave her a little confidence. She checked her quiver of arrows, making sure she knew where the enchanted one was, and then hefted her bow. Now she could only wait to the rhythm of her heart thumping far too loudly in her chest.


Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Very Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 02:04 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

Khat looked to Able Aeronaut Brynor Featherstar and chuckled, "Well, your uncle survived his encounter with the Dragon. Hopefully, Captain Frostraven is better than your Uncle's ill-fated Captain. " Khat felt the ship drop under them and saws the oncoming clouds. "Already, the Captain is showing a bit better sense - rather than trying to outclimb the creature, he's trying to play hide and seek."

As an ambush predator by heritage and a Rogue by profession, Khat was used to being weaker than her prey. She thought, "Still a Dragon and in its natural environment."

Khat smiled to the Brynor, "Deep breaths and relax. If all goes well, that's the last we see of the Dragon, and you'll have a tale to tell the lasses in the next bar. If it doesn't go well, " Khat chuckled; "what would you rather do - piss your pants or shoot a dragon. Now keep your crossbow ready and a sharp-eye out. In the clouds, we might get no more than an instant to shoot at it."

Khat laughed, "From experience being hunted, I can tell you part of the game is convincing your hunter that you're not worth the effort of bringing down."


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 04:29 PM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 33/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 1/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 2/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


Dithering for a moment, Valerius came to an idea. He called out in his best half-remembered/half-imagined sailor-speak, "Oy, Captain! If we need to get into the clouds, I can conjure up some fog so we'll still be in range to strike if it comes our way, or just to get us out of the way faster. Permission to make a cloud, Captain. Ah, that sounds a little dumb, but I ask because I don't think I can make the cloud move once it's made."

 

 

 
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 03:12 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
The Dragon Cave Island - Diving into the cloudsThe Dragonrise tilts forward and after a short time dives into the dense clouds. Impenetrable fog immediately surrounds the airship and everyone on board.

Prrup-tik holds onto a rope with one hand and Cujo with the other - or Cujo to himself. Kazza stands next to Valerius and stares, bow ready to shoot in her hands, into the gray wall that surrounds the Dragonrise.

Captain Frostraven turns to Valerius. "Aye, your magic will hopefully not be needed, but please have it ready, for if I am mistaken, I will gladly fall back on your assistance."
She nods to 1st helmsman Ragrum Stormfall. "Light descent and initiate silent running!" Then she turns back to the crew and the air defenders on the main deck. "And you guys keep your eyes and ears open, the beast will be looking for us, I'd bet my boots on it!"

In the upper crow's nest, Air Defender Khat and Able Areonaut Featherstar kneel behind the wooden surround. The gray monotony shows no change and no hint of the deadly enemy. The end of the envelope at the bow and stern of the ship disappear in the mist. Only the hum of the engine can be heard and even that suddenly becomes very quiet.

The Dragonrise straightens slightly again, then leans to the side and suddenly makes a hook to starboard - as far as that goes with an airship. "Zigzag course," Featherstar whispers, and for the first time, confidence rings in his voice. "The captain's trying to sneak away."

DM's noteThe characters have a few rounds to enjoy the claustrophobic paranoia of dragon-filled clouds all around and to roll one perception check. Cujo rolls with advantage due to the better hearing of wolves. Characters may use magic or mundane devices to improve the situation The airship is still moving slowly.in one way or the other. Then, the dragon rolls a perception check, too.
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 02:27 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 3913
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,775
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 33/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 1/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 2/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


"Very well." Valerius secured himself to the rail with rope, standing ready for a clear and present danger to the ship, in case he had to create a fog. Beyond that, he studied the dragon as well as he could at this distance. He had never encountered one before, and although he doubted he was as yet strong enough to hold the shape of such a mighty beast, one day he would be. When that day comes, he would be ready to flex his strength as need be.

 

 

 
__________________
Work shenanigans; I'm going to do my best to keep up, bare with me
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 10:58 PM
delpinator delpinator is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2023
RPXP: 4082
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Posts: 8,602
right-aligned image

Dragon! I thought I saw that but wouldn't have believed it. We barely handled those birds. Alright this is a great challenge worthy of your power let's do this. Suluruk looks through the clouds for the foul beast.
ooc
Statblock
 

Last edited by delpinator; Nov 25th, 2022 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 03:45 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

"Come." Khat spoke in a low voice, all too aware that whispers carried. Particularly on this dark, dank night. "Let's disguise the color and shape of the crow's nest. A round wooden tub will attract the Dragon's attention. "

Khat had crafted many a hide in both urban and wilderness environments. The concept was the same, avoid colors or shapes that would catch the eye. Working quickly with Brynor, Khat used her Blanket and some rope to help break up the outline of the crow's nest. Then the two set inside with ears cocked, fearing hearing the slow beat of draconic wings.


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 07:18 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Dice PT Perception:
1d20 17

Dice Cujo Perception:
2d20+3kh1 (3, 3 (keeping 3) )+3 Total = 6

Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)
Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 49/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|2/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

Cujo catches no more sign of the ship's pursuer, but he does catch the anxious vibe all around. He paces nervously from one railing to another, looking for safe hiding places as he does. His head repeatedly turns toward the steep steps down to the lowest deck. But for now he remains close to his grung companion, who looks as if he may have spotted something...

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 49/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for smell)

Last edited by secretID; Nov 26th, 2022 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB