Game Thread A Silence at Midnight - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Sep 17th, 2022, 06:26 AM
Hitmyto's Avatar
Hitmyto Hitmyto is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 510
Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto
Posts: 126
Qijon
left-aligned image

5 to hit, 0 damageFiring another bolt, Qijon circles around Bill to keep a good view on the gnoll, keeping his distance. The bolt slips from the crossbow, with an aim that's far off and lands on the ground a good distance before reaching the gnoll. "Hammer and tongs!"

Realising his distance from the gnoll, Berating himself, Qijon puts away his crossbow, grabbing the metal rod once again. "You dollymop! Should have used this instead."

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Sep 17th, 2022, 02:18 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2694
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,400
Girgadan
left-aligned image


Still waiting for the rest of the Gnolls to appear Girgadan carries on scanning the tops of the grasses.

"Any more to say about this pack Olin? How big is it and do you often have trouble with them?"



Actions
Initiative: 14
Movement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Javelin throw (Atk: 13, Dmg: 7) at an enemy
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Sep 17th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Sep 18th, 2022, 09:48 PM
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5282
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Posts: 1,110
Rhaegalt
right-aligned image
Withdrawing the Rapier from the stomach of the Gnoll, Rhaegalt gives his wrist a quick flick to remove any gore from the blade. The Half-Elf is caught off guard when Olin announces a familiarity with the creatures. "Yes, anything important about them that we should be aware of?" he says somewhat shortly, as he gives the surrounding area an Perception check, 3additional scan before tentatively walking to the edge of camp nearest to where the other Gnoll and the hunters were.

 

__________________
+ Come join the fun in Tug of War! +
Current Tug of War game- #117: A Banana a Day Keeps the Badgers Away is about to begin
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 11:31 AM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2023
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,229
Deamiss Roussoss
left-aligned image


Deamiss look away toward the hunter then in his back toward the camp

" Mmm Deamiss too far to help and to far to defend ... but near to help Scrambling death each way ...Deamiss will wait and see where death is lurking and who"

he put out his crystal ball with some smoke spinnig inside it and observe all way around
Dice observe :
1d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21
observe

"Oh I see ... Mmmm Deamiss Better share this information .. don't you think Fluffy"


"HEY ... DEAMISS GOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING ... COME BACK AND LET THIS DOG SNITCH WITH THE HUNTER"


 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Sep 19th, 2022 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 07:07 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Bill “the Orog,” Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

The gnoll now crashing forward into him, Bill pulls his big hammer off his back and swings it the creature, to glance it off its shield. "I don't think you'll survive this," he told the gnoll. "Those archers will kill you while we struggle."

Battle ActionsRelevant skills and statuses: Heavy Armor Master
Initiative: 10
Movement: None
Action: Maul attack - miss(?) with a 13 for 11 dmg
Bonus Action:
Free Action: Draw javelin
Rolls: Lady Luck

 

 

Last edited by secretID; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 12:28 AM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 17617
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,542
A Silence at Midnight
left-aligned image
Qijon runs wide to get a better angle and fires. His crossbow snaps and the bolt misses with 5 to hitfalls short.

Girgadan holds his guarding position with a javelin ready while Rhaegalt ranges a bit farther to nothing new seen with Perception 3scout. "Any more to say about this pack, Olin? How big is it and do you often have trouble with them?" "Yes, anything important about them that we should be aware of?" The monk stands from examing the corpse. "Grivin rules a good-sized tribe. There's been no trouble with his pack for decades though. They're just one group among the many wildfolk that range north of the Abbey, they sometimes come to trade hides and tin with the village. No more than four of his folk are ever allowed through the gate at a time and even those few are expected to be back north of Highpass before nightfall. I doubt we'll see more of them. I'm far more concerned that they're here at all."

Deamiss stops farther from the camp and takes in the entire meadow, his senses Perception 21, no sign of any other gnolls anywhere nearbyrazor-sharp. He sees and hears no hidden threats, and bellows across the meadow. "HEY ... DEAMISS GOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING ... COME BACK AND LET THIS DOG SNITCH WITH THE HUNTER"

Too close to the gnoll to easily turn back, Bill takes a swing that the gnoll barely fends off, his mace misses with 13hitting its shield with a sharp crack that rocks the creature back on its heels. "I don't think you'll survive this. Those archers will kill you while we struggle." The gnoll's eyes glint in the moonlight, darting from its fallen packmate to Qijon readying a strange weapon to Deamiss's hulking form, and it turns to glance back at the hunters. The gnoll feints a stab at Bill's shield and growls, almost inaudibly "Not easy killll. Not worrrrth die forrr monk meat. Make deallll?" The hunters advance through the heather, nocking arrows again but not loosing them, holding them ready as the gnoll and the Orog face off.


OODMEveryone is up! If you accept the gnoll's surrender, the fight is over, otherwise you're still in combat.

Qijon is 105 feet from the camp, 60 feet from Gnoll 1.
Girgadan is at the camp, 165 feet from Gnoll 1.
Rhaegalt is 30 feet from the camp, 135 feet from Gnoll 1.
Deamiss is 60 feet from the camp, 105 feet from Gnoll 1.
Bill is in melee with gnoll 1. The hunters are still closing at 30 feet per turn and look to be around 290 feet past gnoll 1.
__________________
Possibly slow after March 20.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 08:36 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Bill ďthe Orog,Ē Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

"Drop your spear," Bill proposed as he and the gnoll momentarily ceased hostilities, "and answer our questions. I won't hurt you, and I'll ask them to spare you. I'm afraid that's all I have to offer you." Bill readied himself for the strong possibility that the gnoll would violently reject the deal.

OOCBTW, no shield for Bill. If a roll is required, Bill is -1 CHR.

Battle ActionsRelevant skills and statuses: Heavy Armor Master
Initiative: 10
Movement: None
Action: Ready maul attack if the gnoll doesn't surrender - 14 to hit for 7 dmg
Bonus Action:
Free Action:
Rolls: Lady Luck

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Sep 24th, 2022, 04:41 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2694
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,400
Girgadan
left-aligned image


Girgadan does a full sweep across the horizon. Javelin at the ready.

"3 hunters and 2 Gnolls. This doesn't feel like everyone yet..."



Actions
Initiative: 14
Movement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Javelin throw (Atk: 11, Dmg: 7) at an enemy
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Sep 24th, 2022, 05:48 PM
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 5282
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Posts: 1,110
Rhaegalt
right-aligned image
Rhaegalt could see that Bill had made contact with the first Gnoll, but now it seemed that neither was moving. Is it surrendering, like he requested? The Half-Elf is about to continue out after his allies when Deamiss announces he has something to say.

"Speak it quickly, what do you know? Concern beginning to show on his face for where he should be.

 

__________________
+ Come join the fun in Tug of War! +
Current Tug of War game- #117: A Banana a Day Keeps the Badgers Away is about to begin
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Hitmyto's Avatar
Hitmyto Hitmyto is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 510
Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto
Posts: 126
Qijon
left-aligned image

Qijon narrows his eyes, not quite trusting the gnoll, not wanting to interfere immediately. He keeps his weapon pointedly aimed towards the gnoll, waiting...

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 09:11 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2023
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,229
Deamiss Roussoss
right-aligned image


Deamis put his Crystal foggy ball in his pocket and Claim out loud

"Crystal Ball show no more Gnoll around... It's alone now ... IT Must be starving to hunt while being hunt. Someting not right in this meadow... Deamiss want to scramble death for this Dog. Deamiss can Speak Dog if ... Death not taking it before Deamiss do it"

HE then Point the gnoll for away and begin to Cast Message to send the Gnoll a message in his headwhisper some babbling
"I'm the Old Big Green away form hunter, I want to understand what is your need. Come to the camp, I'll take care of bowman"



 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Sep 25th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 17617
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,542
A Silence at Midnight
left-aligned image
A feral growl rises in the gnoll's throat when Bill and Rhaegalt call for its surrender and it seems about to attack again. Deamiss calls out that none of its packmates are near, and the creature suddenly looks around fearfully as if Deamiss's Messagehearing something no one else can hear. It leans closer to Bill, lets out a Performance 12reasonably convincing grunt as if struck and reels away, letting its spear drop as it falls over backward into the heather. Bill barely hears its grating whisper. "Drrrag me off lllike prrrey."

The hunters keep their distance and Olin strides out toward them, stopping between Deamiss and Qijon. "Did my old ears hear the voice of Huntmaster Rallo? Well met, sir."

right-aligned image
The bowman at the center of the line peers at the party spread out over the meadow ahead of him, sounding not at all pleased as he shouts back. "That you, Brother Olin?" He gestures back across the meadows toward where one of the fires had been. "Bloody dogmen shot up our camp and scarpered! Been tracking them for the better part of two hours. What the hells are they doing here?"

"I've been away, Huntmaster, I am as mystified as you are. No injuries to your able band, I hope? I assure you the Abbey shall look into the matter. Good evening, sir." The monk's tone is dismissive, and he turns folds his hands together and bows before the hunters can reply. The hunters talk among themselves for a moment, the tone of their conversation sounding dissatified though their words carried away by the breeze. The huntmaster calls back "Good evening, Brother Olin." They head off across the fields.

The monk waits until the hunters are well away before heading Bill's way, keeping some distance between himself and the gnoll. "Well done. Be wary, they bite."


OODMEveryone is up! You're out of combat and you have a live gnoll.
__________________
Possibly slow after March 20.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Sep 29th, 2022, 01:28 AM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2694
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,400
Girgadan
left-aligned image


Wandering over to Gnoll corpse the barbarian gives a little tug to release his javelin currently skewering the corpse. After cleaning it off on the Gnolls body he gives it the body a quick search, mostly looking for something that might help Olin in explaining what is going on.

"So the Abbey is meant to police this area. Gnolls, hunters and whatever else lives up here. Sounds like a great opportunity to generate coin and yet you had to come to town to get us? The brew must be amazing if money isn't your main tool of power" An interrupted night makes this Half-Orc focused on beer and food and he treks after Olin towards Bill and his pet Gnoll Wonder if this is going to be one of those interrogations to forget

"So shall we take the Gnoll with us to the Abbey? I doubt we are sleeping much after this"



Actions
Initiative:
Movement: Follow Olin
Action: Get javelin, Search Gnoll body.
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Sep 29th, 2022, 08:21 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
Bill ďthe Orog,Ē Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Bill watches the gnoll's pantomime with and 6 Wisdomgreat curiosity, then continues to stare down at it for several seconds while the hunters approach. Then he watches the exchange between hunters and monk with similar confusion. Finally, Olin addresses him. "I did notice the jaws," Bills assures him while picking up the gnoll's spear, "but I think this one just wants to leave, now.

"But first, a deal's a deal,"
Bill reminds the gnoll. "You want to tell us why you were trying to kill this man here?"

 

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Sep 30th, 2022, 02:11 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2023
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,229
Deamiss Roussoss
right-aligned image


Deamiss Close the Gnoll and his two peer that fight with him

"DEamiss don't understand why you finish him... he seem to want to ..."
he suddenly stop talking arriving beside the gnoll on the ground. Observing that his chest was move up and down and the gnoll was half open... Deamiss understand that it was a setup , a masquerade for the hunter.

" HOo MMM ok bring the corpse to the camp"

He help to rbing the heavy carcasse, not quite Dead to the camp, then put the corps behind a Rock or some bush to hide it from plain site against the hunter eventual sneek peak.

HE take back his shield on the ground and put it down sitting beside the gnoll

" Now what the deal... My friend ask you why attack us at first ... Maaa, maybe you will understand better Deamiss in the other way"


HE then shoot the same qestion in the head of the Gnoll
"Now what the deal... My friend ask you why attack us at first ... and you can answer in commen hunter seem to be gone "


" does anyone can keep an eyes on the hunter to be sure they goes away?"

 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Oct 4th, 2022 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB