Game Thread Forests of fear - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 01:00 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
"Stinger" Drum, 2L Fighter Custom Lineage (Dwarf/Halfing)Crossbow Expert | Archery Style | Second Wind 1/1 | Action Surge 1/1

left-aligned image

Stinger hands Wyatt and Ringo over to the stable workers, then follows Zook back inside. “Shall we bunk up?” he suggests to the gnome, with little enthusiasm. “I don’t expect we will get in each other’s way,” he explains, apparently referring to their similar stature.

Smudlay’s report then draws Stinger’s attention. “‘Raided,’ you say. I thought the creatures dumb beasts. Are they acting with intent, or were you just being colorful?

“And priests are now involved,”
Stinger continues. “Has there been some great sin justifying the visitation of an owlbear plague upon your people?”

 

Stinger sheet

Individual AC HP PPother
Stinger17208blessing 1/1
Ringo (mastiff12513 (+ADV hearing & smell)40’ move, blessing 1/1
Wyatt (mule)10111040’ move; STR and DEX ADV vs. going Prone, blessing 1/1
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 02:09 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ®
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
In the Dancing GoatThe stable boy thanks Zook and, with a conspiratorial wink, gives Betsy an extra helping of fresh hay before brushing her off.

The group enters the Dancing Goat after the adventurers have tended to their mounts in the stable behind the inn.

Smudlay turns to Derek when he asks for a bath. "Of course, my lord, a whole tub will be difficult, but I will have a according to medieval standards, that's a good bathlarge bowl of warm water, soap, washcloths and towels brought to your room later." He nods to his wife, who glances briefly in the doorway to the kitchen. "My wife's already putting the water on."

Then he turns to Stinger. "The owlbear is said to have eaten all the rabbits from the hutches and also dug up the supplies in the cellar...! If that's not a raid, what else?" He seems honestly outraged at Stinger's insinuation that he's exaggerating. As if innkeepers were ever prone to exaggeration.
"The blessing of the gods is important! Without Pelor's blessing, any decision made by the village council or the mayor is doomed to failure!" He shakes his head uncomprehendingly. "Everything happens only, as and because the gods want it to happen!"

In the background, his wife is already putting down dinner. Roasted meat, steamed vegetables, bean stew with bacon and fresh bread. In addition, watery wine and strong beer. The two merchants drop into the chairs with a heavy rumble and, after a brief prayer, begin eating.

left-aligned image
Light-footed footsteps come down the stairs and a young male half-elf with an oversized hat and flowing hair appears. Under his arm he carries a simple lute that has seen better days. He lets his gaze wander around the room before his eyes linger on the adventurers. A brief smile plays around his lips, like a cat catching sight of a young mouse.
With a quick nod to the host, he struts over to a half-height, small stage and hops up elegantly. He doffs his hat and bows.
"Dear ladies and gentlemen! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gundar Swiftblade - bard, poet and adventurer!" He casts an appraising glance in the direction of the newcomers, then continues.
"I welcome you in the Dancing Inn. Enjoy your meal and my entertainment! Let me begin by reciting one of my adventures with a song of my own composition!"

His fingers run over the strings of the lute, then he begins to sing.

"A group of heroes hit the swamps
In the search for Rayblade’s pendant
But out there, living among the ghouls
Was a lady made resplendent

In the Land of Evil Undead
In the Land of Evil Undead

She said she had no problem with a ghost,
Or a zombie, or a bonehead,
She’d found her peace, signed her lease

In the Land of Evil Undead
In the Land of Evil Undead

In the Land of Evil Undead
Was a group a’ ratmen mean
So the lady paid the heroes,
Asked them to intervene

In the Land of Evil Undead
In the Land of Evil Undead

She gave them control of zombies
An’ a magic sword an’ such
So they hunted their foes

In the Land of Evil Undead
In the Land of Evil Undead

With their slings an’ bows
And their hammers and swords
And their magic words

In the Land of Eeeviiiiil Undeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad
In the Land of Eeeeeeviiiiiiiil Undeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad"

__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 03:42 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Things are not what they seem
right-aligned image

Zook shuddered when he heard what passed for a bath in the village, "What no Roman Style Bath Houseshot and cold soaking tubs? Barbaric. I'm glad that I brought my Prestidigiation spellmuti-gadget - it cleans, heats, cools, and lights or snuffs out fires."

Zook listened to the Inn Keeper's description of the Owlbear raid and thought "Taking rabbits and supplies, that could be any band of creatures. Although it sounds like something a bit more intelligent than an Owlbear." Zook inquired of the Innkeeper, "What makes everyone suspect an Owlbear? Have you seen tracks or spotted the creature? " Zook tried to reconcile what he knew of Owlbears
Dice Nature Check:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23
(23) with what he had heard of the actions.
Dice Investigation Check:
1d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
(18)

As Gundar Swiftblade began singing, Zook initially wrote off the bard as one of those over-hyped types who made up ballads out of whole cloth and or stole them from other performers. Zook thought, "At least Rolen is clear on what is inspired by one of his adventures and what is borrowed from another source. Although he has a bad tendency to mix the two when he's telling cautionary tales."

Still, a few bits - Rayblade’s pendant, the female Necromancer in the swamp - tickled the amateur historian's interest.
Dice History check on Rayblade's Pendant and other aspects of story - +9 if it deals with magic:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
(23)



Table Top
 

 

 


__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 08:40 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
"Stinger" Drum, 2L Fighter Custom Lineage (Dwarf/Halfing)Crossbow Expert | Archery Style | Second Wind 1/1 | Action Surge 1/1

left-aligned image

"Mm," Stinger commented on Smudlay's report, "more gods. With all those responsibilities, they likely expect to be handsomely paid. I will refer them to our employer."
_____________

Stinger lifts the edges of his mouth as the staff fills the table with attractions. Even indoors, Stinger retains his hat while eating, though he tips it back to avoid accidents. He listens to the minstrel as he chews. At the end, though, he withholds applause. "A fair rendition," he opines, "but I prefer the original."

 

Stinger sheet

Individual AC HP PPother
Stinger17208blessing 1/1
Ringo (mastiff12513 (+ADV hearing & smell)40’ move, blessing 1/1
Wyatt (mule)10111040’ move; STR and DEX ADV vs. going Prone, blessing 1/1
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 10:10 PM
SnakeOilCharmer's Avatar
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 7689
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Posts: 4,600
Syrota Hittebarn
right-aligned image

"Roomies?" Syrota asked Oodiliana, hopefully. The Half-Elf had slept in some pretty inauspicious places before - up trees, abandoned shacks, and literal gutters - but that didn't mean she wasn't minded to avoid having to room with men if she could help it.

Without really waiting for a reply, the urchin had bounded up the stairs, and dumped her belongings in the corner of an apparently-unoccupied room. At least, all her belongings except one dagger. Again, men. She descended the stairs rather less enthusiastically, but still emerged in time to catch the end of a bardic performance, which she initially thought was called The Land of Eebild and Ed, realizing her mistake just in time to avoid embarrassing herself in front of the group. Evil Undead. Got it.

Syrota applauded in a lukewarm manner, though she worried she'd done the wrong thing when she noticed Stinger refraining from doing so. She didn't know the original he was referring to, so rather than further advertize her lack of culture, the young woman wandered over to Zook, who appeared to be in the process of interrogating the innkeeper. "What was that all about?" she whispered from the corner of her mouth.



Action

RP

 




SyrotaSyrota Hittebarn - Level One Half-Elf Rogue
AC: 14 HP: 9/9 Init: +3 PP: 17 Currently wielding: Shortbow
Proficient Skills: Acrobatics +5, Insight +5, Investigation +4, Medicine +5, Perception +7, Persuasion +4, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +7

Class features: Expertise (Stealth and Perception), Thieves' Cant, Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Sneak Attack - 1d6

Racial Features: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
__________________
They/Them.

Getting back into posting. Please poke me if I'm neglecting your game!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 02:57 PM
Greyling Greyling is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 697
Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling
Posts: 209
Declan
right-aligned image

Declan smiles at Smudlay, "I can work with that, thanks." He'd have preferred a tub, but this was a small town. Then left to let Zook and Stinger or interrogate :Pquestion the innkeeper. He wasn't sure they would get much more information before the mayor and clergy arrived, but they were welcome to try.

Returning, from depositing most of his belonging in the room, he to arrive just in time to see the innkeeper's wife serving dinner. As he's served, he inhales the wonderful aroma deeply. "Mmm, this smells delicious. Thank you greatly, ma'am."

"Mr. Smudlay, would you mind introducing me to Gundar Swiftblade after he is done performing for you this evening?" Declan offers a modest applaud at the end of the bard's performance.

 
 

Last edited by Greyling; Jan 31st, 2023 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Feb 2nd, 2023, 03:30 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ®
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
In the Dancing Goat
right-aligned image

The innkeeper looks at Zook. "The militia men found traces of an owlbear like footprints of an bear and some large feathers at the woodcutters' huts close to charcoal burners' settlement and the Wildtalons say, they saw the beast in the north east, at the hills, a couple of nights ago."
He nods at Zook and for the gnome, this sounds valid. An owlbear can easily wander all around in the valley and fiercely attack small, remote settlements.

Zook and Stinger listens to the bard's tale and the song sounds indeed very similar to a story that was told a couple of weeks by group adventurer, as Stinger can easily explain to Syrota.

Smudlay nods to Declan. "I'll tell the bard. I hope you like his performance."

left-aligned image
Meanwhile, the copycat is performing his next, self-written song about a lovely hot circle, his fingers barely touching his lute
Dice Performance check:
d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
(17) emphasizing his deep and manly voice.

Suddenly, two servants push their way to the adventurers' table. One is dressed in the white and gold robe of a Pelor altar server, the other in the red uniform of the count's bailiff.
"Greetings in the name of Pelor..." replies the altar server.
"...And the mayor, appointed by his lordship of the Earl of Cold Valley" replies the second messenger.
"I fell into a buuuurning ring of fiiiiire, I went down, down, dooooown..."
"... Pelor, from the circle of the gods themselves!"
"And it burns, burns, buuuuurns! The riiiiing of fiiiiiiire!"
"... I bring in the name of the count the greetings of the mayor!"
"... the blessing of the Pelor. May he always watch over you too!"
"And the flames went hiiiiigher! Aaaaaaand it buuuuuuurns, buuuuuuuurns, buuuuuurns!"
"... He is waiting for you immediately at the town hall..."
"... you are to appear at the temple immediately without delay!"
"The taste of looooove is sweeeeeet! When hearts like ours meeeeeeet!"
"... And do not be distracted! Therefore, follow me."
"...No detours. I will accompany you directly."

The two servants look at the adventurers demanding and impatient. Both seem to be men who are used to their masters' orders being carried out immediately and completely.
"And the flames went higher! And it burns, burns, burns! The ring of fire! Theeee riiiiing ooooof fiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community

Last edited by LeDragon; Feb 4th, 2023 at 03:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Feb 2nd, 2023, 05:06 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Command Performance
right-aligned image

Zook was moderately impressed with the Bard. The Artificer thought, "He's caged the material, but he has a good delivery."

Zook was glad that he had chowed down with Prod and Miguel. For anyone who hadn't eaten, the meal would either be gone or much less appealing when the group returned.

Zook hopped down from his highchair and gathered his gear to follow the two servants. Then a thought struck him, "Are the Mayor and the High Priest in the same location - The Temple, The Town Hall? Or are the two of you here to take us to different locations? "


Table Top
 

 

 


__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 02:07 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14723
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 15,642
"Stinger" Drum, 2L Fighter Custom Lineage (Dwarf/Halfing)Crossbow Expert | Archery Style | Second Wind 1/1 | Action Surge 1/1

left-aligned image

Eyebrow arched, Stinger waits patiently for the local cacophony to subside. "You gentlemen need to work on your harmonies," he tells the servants when they have finished. Stinger turns to Prod and Miguel to resolve the conflicting demands, but those two are too deep in their drinking to have noticed the messengers.

The mercenary turns back to the servants and points at the acolyte, to begin a little ritual. "Eenie," he says, "meenie, miney...oh, hell - I'm bored already. Take me to the mayor," Stinger tells the bailiff as he pushes his chair out and stands. "As for your superiors," he tells Pelor's servant, "perhaps later or, you know, in the next life."

 

Stinger sheet

Individual AC HP PPother
Stinger17208blessing 1/1
Ringo (mastiff12513 (+ADV hearing & smell)40’ move, blessing 1/1
Wyatt (mule)10111040’ move; STR and DEX ADV vs. going Prone, blessing 1/1

Last edited by secretID; Feb 3rd, 2023 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 09:59 PM
Greyling Greyling is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 697
Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling
Posts: 209
Declan
right-aligned image

Declan puts down what he was in the middle of eating, shaking his head at Zook. "Sounds like two different locations to me. Sounds like an unstable social structure. Like politics being prioritized over public safety."

Smirking at Stringer's process of decision making, "might be useful to hear from both governing bodies. Why don't some of us talk to the mayor, and some of us talk to the priest? We can meet back here to compare details, and decide on our next step. Besides, I have to talk to the priests anyway about burial arrangements for the remains we found in the woods." Not familiar with the locals and their power structure, Declan didn't want to burn bridges yet.

 
 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 10:41 PM
Dyerdon's Avatar
Dyerdon Dyerdon is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2025
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Posts: 1,151
Jon
right-aligned image
Jon had settled into a seat to observe the room, though his nose wrinkled a bit in disgust at the mention of the bard's name.

Ah, the defiler he mused. He had seen the name on the monument outside. He never understood how people could just deface monuments to the dead. Most of the conversations going on around him were beyond him, it didn't help that he didn't drink. He preferred to keep his senses clear... though he couldn't help his eyes, which kept moving, only briefly, toward Syrota. He was intrigued, as he had never been much use with a bow. Yasmin had scolded him constantly about his bad form... something about his posturing put his puffed up chest in the way too often. He glanced down at his chest in quiet contemplation, as if trying to decipher some hidden meaning to her words. With a sigh, he took stock of his gear. A pair of handaxes and a spear, on top of his silver-bladed longsword... his arsenal grew a bit after each job. He wanted to be the master Yasmin had been with weapons.

He glanced back up at the elven woman again, before placing his weapons away. He stood, stretching slightly. He debated on turning in, but instead, he mustered his courage to approach the woman- glancing briefly at the owlkin. He still wasn't sure what to make of her. After all, she was a sheep when he met her...

"Where did you learn to use a bow like that, I meant to ask before, but there was a lot to do after our battle," he mused, glancing toward the bard with obvious annoyance on his features... Then there were the amalgamation of sounds coming from multiple sources... there was a lot going on in this place, he mused.



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. As such, I am still present unless otherwise discussed.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 03:30 AM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ®
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 10257
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,142
In the Dancing Goat
The both servants looks astonished at Zook.
"The holy servants of Pelor, the priestess Thaya of Rhundia awaits..."
"I keep my eyes wide open all the tiiiime!"
"In the Town Hall, of course. The mayor invites you for..."
"... in the Temple of Pelor!"
"Because you′re mine, I walk the liiiiine."
"...dinner in the big office."

The young alter server wrinkles his forehead when Stinger mocks him. "Pelor is already watching you, my son. Everywhere and all time!" he replies offended. Then he bows to Declan. "A wise decision, my son, please follow me."
__________________
Overwhelmed by work, life and more work! Posting only once or twice a week!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 09:27 PM
SnakeOilCharmer's Avatar
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 7689
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Posts: 4,600
Syrota Hittebarn
right-aligned image

"I think I made me thoughts on religion quite clear," said Syrota, laconically, before suddenly being struck with the realization that she might not- actually - have done that, at least not for all present. She continued in a much more sheepish manner. "Er... I ain't a fan. If there's a group 'eading to the town hall, I guess I'm with 'em."

Syrota was deeply glad that Stinger had already chosen to go and meet the mayor. It meant that no-one would be expecting her to take on any kind of leadership. Besides, she'd already started to enjoy the fellow's snarky one-liners before he'd brushed off the acolyte's entreaties with just the right amount of irreverence.

"I don' know about you, but I ain't really in the mood to take orders from people who ain't even payin' us." she whispered in the smaller man's ear. The sticklike Half-Elf had to bend over conspiciously to do so, which significantly undermined the purpose of whispering in the first place. If it had been up to her, she thought, she'd much rather just find out what was going on from the normal townsfolk. If this place was anything like West Haven, and in fairness she had no idea whether that was true, there'd be plenty of people who might know a few things but weren't exactly fond of talking to either kind of authority figure.

Syrota's eyes met those of the group members yet to speak up, wondering who would see things the same way as her, and who might be slightly more impressed by the pompous pronouncements of the server.


Action

RP

 




SyrotaSyrota Hittebarn - Level One Half-Elf Rogue
AC: 14 HP: 9/9 Init: +3 PP: 17 Currently wielding: Shortbow
Proficient Skills: Acrobatics +5, Insight +5, Investigation +4, Medicine +5, Perception +7, Persuasion +4, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +7

Class features: Expertise (Stealth and Perception), Thieves' Cant, Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Sneak Attack - 1d6

Racial Features: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
__________________
They/Them.

Getting back into posting. Please poke me if I'm neglecting your game!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Feb 7th, 2023, 04:59 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 12273
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,050
Meet the new priestess...
right-aligned image


Zook thought, "The old Priest of Pelor and I didn't get along very well. I wonder what this new Priestess thinks - anger at our killing the old one, praise at ridding the church of an evil influence, or merely elation that we allowed her ascension."

Zook told Declan, "If you will have me, I'll go with you to the temple. The last Priest of Pelor parted on poor terms with my companion Jaeger, and I'd like to find out where I stand with this new Priestess."

Zook followed the acolyte and Declan out of the Inn and towards the Temple of Pelor. Eventually, his inquisitive nature got the better of him and he inquired of the acolyte, "What can you tell us about this new Priestess."


Table Top
 

 

 


__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting 11-Mar COVID - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Feb 8th, 2023, 12:11 AM
Greyling Greyling is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 697
Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling
Posts: 209
Declan
right-aligned image

Declan smiles kindly at Zook, "you don't need my permission, but I'm pleased to have the company. Later I'd be interested if you'd be willing to share some of the details from your last sojourn to this town. Nor do you have to share. I understand if it would bringing up too many upsetting or painful memories. Just thinking it might help the healing process, and give us deeper understanding of this community."

As the group temporarily divides toward the community building of their choice, Declan nods to other City Hall group. "See you all later." As they continue in the direction of the temple, he listens the Gnome's attempt to gleam information.

 
 

Last edited by Greyling; Feb 8th, 2023 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB