RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 11:10 AM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Character Creation

Here is where we are going to do for character creation.

Character Creation will require a background first.
Really good backstories may result in various bonuses. I am an easy going DM that will allow ALOT in the name of creativity. I will allow quite a bit in terms of races and classes (see world description above), but anything not core will have to be run by my first.

Earthen Works BasicClasses and Races: from any book that I have access to. This includes a large number: SRD 3.5, Pathfinder, PF Advanced, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, Eberron, Complete Warrior, Races of Stone, Dragon magazine, FF, BoVD, OA, Draconomican, Path of Shadow, Path of Sword, Mythic Races, Fogotten Realms, and a large number of others (just ask). If you have ideas of your own, run them by me.

Creativity is greatly rewarded, so go ahead and start sending me your back-stories.
Once the game is created I will post what you will need for the rest of character creation.
Feel free to ask any questions.
-----------------------------------

If you wish to post your background use Accepted Characters thread, but ANY DICE ROLLS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL I SAY TO START ROLLING

Starting Rules
  • New characters are going to be 1 level lower than the lowest current member, but you have the option of choosing to start lower.
  • Description, personality, and background are always required (in spite of theoretical mortality rate). I encourage creativity, so a good background is highly recommended (and could net additional starting exp/loot/bonuses if good enough).
  • Races with LA and HD are allowed. I will use Pathfinder rules with liberty to make adjustments.
  • A non-monstrous character can not have a background that is outside of a city. A new PC has not spent more than a few days outside of the city at any time. Cities are few and far between, so this also means s/he likely only knows about his own city. If you wish a better explanation why read the game thread, the history thread, or ask a current player.
  • Starting city options depend on current group location and will be given on application.
  • Roll as noted below.
  • I am usually up to date on books from WotC, and have a number of 3rd party books. If you have a question just ask.
  • This game uses steamworks but this is not necessary to play. It uses my own steamworks rules based on a number of published books.
  • See House Rules
  • See Earthen History. Keep in mind you will only know your immediate area and anything additional I tell.

NOTE:
This is not a nice world, and could easily have a high mortality rate among PCs. Also, as a DM I do not pull punches to give the game a more 'dangerous' feel that the world deserves. If you are squimish or offended about a character's death please take this warning into account.

----------------------------
-------ABILITY ROLLS-------
----------------------------

Roll 4d6 drop the lowest, 7 times drop the lowest score. Roll up to three sets and choose the best set.

EX: You roll the following (each score is 4d6 drop lowest):
12 9 15 14 15 12 13 (drop 9 as the lowest)
14 14 17 4 13 10 10 (drop 4 as the lowest)
18 15 14 12 16 13 14 (drop 12 as lowest choose this set)

-me

Last edited by jj_wolven; Sep 30th, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
lets roll

Creation Guidelines

Ability Rolls, 4d6 seven times. Disregard the lowest dice in each roll and drop the lowest score. Up to three sets.

Any special feat run by me first, feats that have logical requirement (i.e. Dragonfriend)

I have access to a number of books, so we can discuss your character and I can make suggestions from books you may not have access to.

A background thread is open for those of you who would like to post their background stories (and perhaps expand on them later)

Last edited by jj_wolven; May 24th, 2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
erian_7
Kuloveaka Stonefriend Ono'oekmelo Ability Rolls

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
4d6: 1, 4, 2, 2Total = 9

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
4d6: 4, 3, 4, 5Total = 16

Dice Roll:
4d6: 6, 3, 4, 6Total = 19

Dice Roll:
4d6: 1, 6, 4, 5Total = 16

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 1, 2, 4Total = 9

Dice Roll:
4d6: 3, 1, 1, 6Total = 11

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 6, 3, 4Total = 15
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
erian_7
Kuloveaka Stonefriend Ono'oekmelo Ability Scores

Roll+Racial Modifier=Final Score
Str: 13+4=17 - Kuloveaka's physical strength is considerable, even among his goliath kin
Dex: 10-2=8 - although he survived a fall that would have killed weaker folk, the broken leg left its mark on Kuloveaka's agility and balance
Con: 13+2=15 - exceptional health keeps Kuloveaka alive and going in situations where others would falter
Int: 15 - goliaths are not renowned for their knowledge and intellect, but Kuloveaka demonstrates a keen mind superior to many "civilized" folk
Wis: 16 - along with his mental prowess, Kuloveaka's great insight helps him survive in the harsh wilderness
Cha: 8 - Kuloveaka began life sure of his place in the tribe and his destiny to do great things amon his people, but his exile has eroded his self-confidence

Last edited by erian_7; Oct 7th, 2004 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Shifted Str and Wis to accomodate Drd levels
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Worst Online Dice Roller

Tools
User Statistics
Dharkan
Here are my ability rolls. Erian I thought that was cool that, you gave a background for each ability.

Dice Roll:
4d6: 1, 1, 6, 6Total = 14
Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 6, 2, 1Total = 11
Dice Roll:
4d6: 1, 5, 6, 6Total = 18
Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 5, 4, 6Total = 17
Dice Roll:
4d6: 4, 5, 4, 5Total = 18
Dice Roll:
4d6: 6, 1, 1, 3Total = 11
Dice Roll:
4d6: 6, 6, 6, 6Total = 24
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Worst Online Dice Roller

Tools
User Statistics
Dharkan
Here they are,
13,10,17,15,14,18. Nice rolls over all.

18+8= 26. Even among the few of his race Arus is strong. Nearly able to wrestle a fair sized dragon to the ground.

15. Faster than the average person but still not exceptionall Arus manages to survive.

17+4= 21. The hardy race of the Minotaur has shown it self evident in Arus. Arus prides himself on eating nearly anything.

14-4=10. Not known for bieng smart yet not stupid either Arus prides himself on bieng able to read.

10. Arus is about as wise as he is smart.

13-2= 11. Arus likes people, the only problem is due to his large size and horns people dont like him.

Last edited by Dharkan; Oct 2nd, 2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Worst Online Dice Roller

Tools
User Statistics
Dharkan
Hp

15+
Dice Roll:
d10+5: (5) + 5 Total = 10

Last edited by Dharkan; Oct 2nd, 2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
erian_7
Hit Points for Kuloveaka

Bbn1:1d12+2 (Max for 1st level 14)
Drd1:
Dice Roll:
d8+2: (6) + 2 Total = 8

Drd2:
Dice Roll:
d8+2: (6) + 2 Total = 8

Last edited by erian_7; Oct 7th, 2004 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Changed next two levels to Drd
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:24 PM
retired

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1919
Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout
Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 3, 1, 3Total = 9
Dice Roll:
4d6: 4, 5, 5, 6Total = 20
Dice Roll:
4d6: 5, 5, 3, 6Total = 19

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 2, 3, 6Total = 13
Dice Roll:
4d6: 3, 4, 5, 6Total = 18
Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 5, 5, 5Total = 17

Dice Roll:
4d6: 4, 5, 3, 6Total = 18
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:28 PM
retired

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1919
Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout Krowout
HPs=
Dice Roll:
3d6: 6, 2, 6Total = 14
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:17 AM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
erian_7
Regarding equipment, what is starting gold (assumed standard DMG for level?) and are there any restrictions on initial items owned? I filled out the character sheet (linked to my ID now) with all non-magical items for now, just as an exercise in seeing what's what (and it looks like Kul is going to be a pincushion with his abissmal AC!).
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
Starting gold is 5400. The only restriction that I have is no steamwork items with a creation requirement of Craft(steamworks) higher than 6

Also, no feats from the Magic/Technology Animosity section.

Last edited by jj_wolven; Oct 3rd, 2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:31 AM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
erian_7
Cool, no problem on any of those for Kuloveaka, as he's not too keen on technology (it kinda scares him...)! :biggrin:
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:16 AM
Jesus Freak

Tools
User Statistics
erian_7
Alrighty, my goliath is ready for review! I added a picture on the Accepted Characters thread. Everything is straight PHB/DMG and Races of Stone.

For those without that book, the dwarvencraft enhancement is like Masterwork+ (increases hardness by 2, adds 10 HP, and grants +2 on all saves for the weapon).

Earthsilk rope is dwarven-made, stronger than silk rope but also heavier.

One neat concept from this book is the Racial Substitution Level. If you pick certain classes appropriate to the race, there are some tweaks that get added at specific levels. For Kuloveaka, Bbn1 adds Knowledge (nature) as a class skill (only for that level, so not at Bbn2) and grants Mountain Rage instead of standard Rage (size increases to Large while raging, grants extra +2 Str plus normal Raging benefits but lowers AC and attack). At Bbn5 he can get Fortification (25% change to negate critical/sneak attack) instead of Improved Uncanny Dodge. Lastly, at Bbn7 he can get Skin of Stone (DR 2/adamantine in place of the normal barbarian DR). They've got similar for gnomes and dwarves. Looking forward to what they do with this in the Elves book!
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
MMorris013
Ivellios's rolls

Dice Roll:
4d6: 5, 4, 3, 3Total = 15

Dice Roll:
4d6: 5, 2, 1, 1Total = 9

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 3, 2, 2Total = 9

Dice Roll:
4d6: 3, 3, 1, 5Total = 12

Dice Roll:
4d6: 1, 2, 5, 4Total = 12

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 5, 2, 3Total = 12

Dice Roll:
4d6: 2, 2, 1, 1Total = 6