PF-1e Life Within the Maw (Custom World Pirate Sandbox with Political and Town/Nation Build - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 29th, 2019, 12:53 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7967
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis

Edit: Could I have some background info dumps on the Cli-tsu and/or the Flood incident that happened some time ago (so far I only seen it used referentially)? The incident gives me Warhammer universe Chaos-like vibes.

Last edited by Vaerdis; Mar 29th, 2019 at 12:59 AM.
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10832
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
The Cli-tsu are a race that normally stay hidden and not much more should be known of them unless a person was planning on playing them as a main character. If they were an NPC or follower then they are an Exile who would be treated no differently then some random monster in the world at large.

As for the Flood..

The Cylic Empire was the first Human nation, having arisen in the area that is now the Savage Lands and spreading across the North Western lands. They were able to do this because their first leader discovered powerful magical artifacts from ruins sprinkled across the land which appeared to have been created by some long dead race; the same race that appears to have originally lived in the Crimson South and was the source of the ruins there. Who this race was is not important right now as much as the Cylic Empire itself as it was from this country's heart that The Flood first appeared.

Appearing as if from no where, thousands of strange creatures appeared and began to lay ruin to the Empire, causing it's citizens to flee in all directions which facilitated the wide spread existence of humans in the modern day. These monsters, later called 'Children of Sin' because it is believed that the Sins were the ones to send them and because the creatures appear to worship them, would continue to spread, relentlessly attacking any humans they could find. It was only through the courageous efforts of those that would later found their own kingdoms that humanity survived. However, eventually 'The Flood' began to recede, it's constant breaking against the defenses of humanity like waves on a shore finally falling silent. The Flood had finally retreated back to the Heart of the old Empire but those lands would forever be overrun by these monsters.

Many speculated over what had caused the Flood but it was only when the Kingdom of Hommanden lowered the magical shields that it had used to protect itself from the Flood that the truth was discovered. You see, the Cylic Empire had exiled the wizards of Hommanden because they had refused, even argued against, a practice the Empire had begun to toy with; the transformation of non-human races into creatures that would serve the Empire. This was corroborated when explorers were able to discover a facility within the Savage Lands where such experiments might have occurred.

Creatures like Goblins and Hobgoblins were once primitive races which the Empires experiments had transformed into savage monsters. Although there are still those that don't believe all of this, claiming plots by spiteful wizards to tarnish the great name of the old Empire, the fact still remains that the Children of Sin continue to prowl the Savage Wastes, growing in numbers as if they were awaiting something.

Last edited by taleteller50; Mar 29th, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 343
SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts
Beginning Application:

TODO: Fill in names for the places in Brackets, NPC contacts, Equipment
Notes: Might change some of the descriptions and pictures pending finalization of class decisions. Also might look into smuggling but will start with tavern owner and revenge seeker.

Grudge Bearers

The Grudge Bearers

The Grudge Bearers are an organization built by Grathfire Firebeard who wanted revenge for his burned brewery. They offer a promise of revenge for wrongs for all that join. Grudges never to be forgotten even should the original holder die. The book is written in the blood of wronged and only the leader has the authority to add new grudges or strike out grudges that have been avenged. While the original hatred was for Lizardmen, the list of grudges has expanded to include many races and organizations.

Leader and PC
Grathfire Firebeard
Vengeance or Death

Grathfire Firebeard's ancestors were members of a Dwarven clan of Corrallu. Grathfire's father, Belegar, set up the family trade in near the northern mountains of this country. He built a stout brewhouse near the village of [Besalu], where the crystal clear waters of the River Sol cascade down from the foothills of these Mountains.

After his father's death, Grathfire took over the business. Although the brewing operation had previously been moderately successful, only then did the business come into its own, thanks to Grathfire's superior brewing skills. His beer acquired a considerable reputation for fine quality and potency. Shipments of Firebeard's "Old Fortitude" and "Blood or Honey" were sent to the nobles of Corrallu, while the merchants enjoyed ales such as "Firebeard's Forge Fire" and "King's Gold". He also became known for the notorious "Golden Preserve". At the height of his success, carts of Firebeard's beer were travelling the roads of the World, while barges plied the River Sol, which connected to the great cities and trade routes of Corrallu.

Within a few years, Firebeard became a prosperous brewing merchant and a reasonably content Dwarf. His brewery had grown into a small Dwarf settlement, where other families from the mountains came to live. This small community lay well off the beaten track and was usually ignored by any armies or raiders rampaging through the region. The area was protected by stone watchtowers, each with a great warning beacon that could be lit in the event of an attack. The settlement itself was surrounded by an earthen fortification with large wooden stakes driven into it.

The Destruction of the Brewery

The shrewd and cunning Lizardman Bandit known as Gor-Rok, leader of the Saurus Bandits, was plotting the destruction of the brewery. He planned to destroy the brewhouse and steal all its contents. With his newly acquired beer, he believed that he would be able to bribe other lizardmen into joining him a tribe that would rival a nation.

Grathfire himself was downriver, delivering a shipment of Firebeard's Special Brew to [Salamanca]. Gor-Rok sent his ally, a Lizardman pirate Kap'n Skabend of the River Ratz, to sink Firebeard's barge on his return home. The Lizardmen attacked the barge, but were not able to sink it or kill Grathfire. Following this, Gor-Rok believed that he was ready to attack the brewery itself. Mustering as many Lizardmen as he could from the [Bandit Groups], he marched towards the settlement. The dwarvers, knowing they were outnumbered, retreated behind the earthen defences of the brewery. They were aware that Firebeard should be arriving soon, and hoped to hold out long enough for his men to break the siege.

However, the defenders were not successful. As Grathfire Firebeard returned home, he saw the smoke gently rising from his brewery among the trees and thought it was time that the great chimney was swept. When his barge rounded the bend of the river, he saw the smouldering ruins of his settlement. It appeared as if the victorious Lizardmen had not been able to restrain themselves, for empty beer casks were strewn about the ruins. The vats were smashed, empty barrels floated on the river and there was no sign of any inhabitants. Every last one of them had been taken off by the Lizardmen to who knew what fate.

Quest for Vengeance

After salvaging what gear and ale they could from the ruins of the once-proud brewery, Firebeard and his remaining companions swore vengeance on the Lizardmen for this foul deed and resolved to hunt them down and rescue their kinfolk if they could. During this salvage and wake, he found a companion, Felix Jaeger. Felix shared his story and Firebeard began writing all the names of the Lizardmen that had wronged both himself and Felix, never to be forgotten.The band trailed the Lizardmen across the sea and into jungle beyond. When the paths of the Lizardmen diverged, the dwarvers resolved to follow them all. "We just chase down one group, kill 'em, then move on to the next," Firebeard was heard to mutter.

After some time the tattered and blood-stained dwarves needed help, they needed an army before a great battle with the Lizardmen. They set off to the sea in search of some respite and an army. The dwarves bounced from coastal city to coastal city restocking, trading, and hunting for sellswords. While in Malabin's Retreat, they met a merchant who spoke of pirates and a haven for them. In the hunt for this cove, they were accosted by pirates and in 'exchange' for some ale, blackpowder, and coin they were lead to the Maw.

While this would be a place to recruit warriors, the band of dwarves quickly realized the need for coin to pay them and for new equipment. So Firebeard turned back to his profession and passion, brewing. He sold his ship and some stored ale to gather the gold to start up his brewing operation once again. He pulls potential recruits from his brewery by running a small fighting pit for fighters to win fame and coin. In reality, Firebeard has ceased to pursue only those Lizardmen who razed his brewery. His vengeance is now set to correct any wrongs of those that join him.

Cohort
Felix Huss

Felix is a human with a swordman's physique and long blond hair, who favours a simple shirt and red cloak. In contrast to Grathfire's taciturn and absolutist mentality, Felix is a much more romantic, pragmatic figure, and frequently serves as the voice of logic and moral reason of the duo in order to remind Grathfire of the long-term consequences of his actions and guide him towards greater heroism. He also finds himself serving in a more diplomatic role, helping to soothe bruised egos after Grathfire's anti-authoritarian nature provokes allies or civilized society.

Felix Huss is a man not at first glance the hero many believed him to be, for he was once a son of a wealthy merchant family, and a scholar at a University. His whole life, Felix had dreamed of the many great adventures he had read about in books and stories of his childhood, and so decided on becoming a successful wizard in the University, hoping to achieve such heights. However the grim realities of life shattered that dream forever the day Felix accidentally killed a student in a sprawling match during his years as a student. Having been kicked out of the University, Felix soon became an instigator of a riot. The riot weakened and split the city enough for a passing Lizardmen group to try and raid the city. Grathfire and his band of dwarves were chasing these Lizardmen and Grathfire himself saved young Felix.

After the incident, the two came into a tavern and there, young Felix got drunk on booze and misery, alongside his new companion. After Grathfire saved Felix from being killed, the two talked, and as they spoke Felix became more and more interested in Grathfires's tales of glory and revenge, and thought of an idea to make a good book and even a possibility of being able to return to the University. Felix, in a drunken stupor, swore a blood-oath to Grathfire and was compelled to travel with Grathfire after this blood-oath was sworn. A major problem for Felix lies between his desire to settle down in peace and comfort, away from the danger of being Grathfire's companion, and his longing to escape the banalities of civilized society for a life of heroism and adventure, and it is this conflict that shaped much of his relationship with Grathfire and Felix's family. Over years of following Grathfire, Felix has become an accomplished sorcerer and magic user.

Last edited by SSlotts; Apr 11th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 343
SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts
I'm working on my backstory and am planning on using Corrallu. Could you provide the name of the mountains and river and potentially any major cities in that region? Would it also be possible to provide more information on Goblins or other 'Children of Sin' as I'm hoping to have them attack his home to provide the reason for joining the Maw.
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Grudge Bearers?!
left-aligned image
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6226
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Ok still here. I will post app when I have everything done.
I combined a waterfront/monastary/mansion type of building. So I will need to look at the map to determine where on the docks it will be residing. Main goal of my box teams will be fishing and fishboat building.

I see the costs of teams but is there a daily rate associated with them?

I think with my followers I want to have them explore the various islands for any precious metals mining opertunities.

So the islands with the abandon villages are their maps for them? Maps, for all the islands, for sale? Is their a possibility of getting a mining operation going?

Last edited by Kshnik; Mar 29th, 2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 02:12 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sslots: Currently I have little in the way of details for Corrallu. If you have suggestion for names and the like please feel free to suggest them. If possible try to use Spanish Based ones since that is what the area is predominantly based on. As for monsters in the area the 'Children of Sin' would not be the main ones in the area, Lizardmen would be. Although most of their kind stick to their Empire of Blood in the south there are times when raiding parties will travel to find additional hunting grounds in swampy areas.

Most Lizardmen would be as they are in normal games but the ones who have created the Empire are slightly different. Although they still have the normal types as well these are considered the bottom of the Empire's hierarchy. It is only those who have been dumped into their Blood Pools and survived who are considered worthy of more respect. Within the pools these creatures are mutated into other forms and shapes but always with a reptilian focus. Some become like giant walking crocodiles while others (those who appear to lead the others) are like feathered serpents. If this sounds interesting I can work on it a bit more for you.

@ Kshnik: I'll be creating the map after I know who needs what and where.

Normal Teams cost nothing for upkeep but Followers will need feeding.

No maps yet but they will become available after exploring and mining operations will be possible. You just have to look for them.
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Tale you just had to go and do this. If I had a computer on the farm this would be easier but phone it is and app incoming for the downtrodden.

Character sheetsKon
Wen
Oran
Valk
Tsrak
Floer
Tin
Anubis
John
Yeran
Tik
Nidiel
Wilsy

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 11th, 2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Just like to update what I have gotten done with the Black Jackals so far. I've bought them a ship, finished Prak and Druse's sheets, and made a handy dandy chart about my purchases. Now time to equip followers, and see if we can afford any cool magic items!
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 04:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Big update on my post on Page 4. A question or two for you,Taleteller50. This game has created lots of fun just trying to come up with the application for which thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 05:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwalin McFundin View Post
This game has created lots of fun just trying to come up with the application for which thanks.
I second that- even if I don't get accepted this will be well worth the time!
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Agreed, this is really fun. Coming up with not only a character and cohort that fit a setting like this but a guild/business group as well gives this game a lot more of an edge. The balancing act, and seeing who can stay balanced is going to be interesting
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 07:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Well my cohort is one of those CNs who is toeing the line between neutral and evil, so we'll see how it goes if I get in!
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 04:42 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
I look forward to seeing what trouble I can get into as evil pirates. It is quite exciting seeing what a vast army of hirelings can or will do. Nearing completion, have all but about 7k gold squared away.
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 03:45 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Just remember that you won't have direct control over your followers unless one of them is the primary character you plan on acting with in lue of the Faction Leader. Followers are to be gathered into Teams for downtime (rounding up in the case you have only 3 or 4 lv. 1's left for what usually needs a 5 person team) and used in connection to your Leader and Cohort's actions.

The Lv 4 and up Followers will of course play bigger rolls as Managers but even they will only be put in charge of businesses for the course of the week to produce Gold or Capital for your faction.

This will be a little different in mass combat like ship to ship combat where these 'mid' level characters might play a slightly larger role but as they are all restricted to NPC classes like Adept and Warrior that will also be more on the minor side.

I do however appreciate everyone's vote of confidence in all of this and I hope I can live up to your expectations.

Don't forget about NPC Contacts which, although not required, have the potential of making your faction more influential in direct collation to how much you are willing to create/write.