RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-12-2020, 10:54 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15339
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
PF1e - Drugs!

Hey, I have some questions about drugs in pathfinder, as the rules aren't particularly clear.

1) What type of delivery method is valid for a drug to be loaded into a syringe spear? Obivously Injury, but what about Ingested? Contact?

2) How would one price a drug cut with bunk?

3) What else can drugs be loaded into for delivery? For example, would it be possible to deliver an inhaled drug (i.e. Flayleaf) through something like a smokestick or a censer?

4) What is the cost of refined pesh? False pesh? Refined false pesh?
Old 05-14-2020, 04:21 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21202
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
1. Depends on the drug/posion. If you're going for a realistic perspective you have to try to elucidate the pharmacokinetics of the compound you're interested in. If you really want a general rule I'd go injury yes, ingested no, contact yes, inhaled no.

2. I wouldn't. The whole point of cutting a drug is to sell the diluted product at full price thus saving you money.

3. Well there's the old fashioned Dagger of Venom; Gloves, Poisoner’s; or any weapon with the magical 'injecting' rule. Most inhaled drugs aren't potent enough to be delivered by such a means as a smokestick or a censer unless the other creature is in close proximity for a prolonged period of time or it has been somehow concentrated.

4. The link says 15 gold, so 15 gold?
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:35 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15339
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
1. I guess that makes sense, but I can see a case for ingested as well, or maybe just ingested liquids. Like, a flayleaf brownie wouldn't make sense, but I can imagine getting a shot of dreamtime tea directly into your bloodstream would have an effect.

2. The context here is that I have an arena character trying to weaponize drugs, so the bunk would be relevant in increasing the negative effects for that purpose. In that situation I'd have to get the components separately regardless of the street price a dealer might sell it at, so I guess I would just pay for the drug and the dose of bunk and sort of handwave that they've gone together without considering labour costs? By the presented logic it the labour would pay for itself by virtue of the drugs going further for the supplier.

3. That's fair, I think that meshes with my understanding of RAW

4. Do you think they all cost the same?
Old 05-16-2020, 04:36 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21202
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
1. While there are some drugs that work in various consumption methods, most things that would be used for consumption probably require some process of the digestive system to make them active or they are delivered this way to increase the time and amount of absorption into the blood stream. While a glass of dreamtime tea might cause you to have the escapist effect desired, injecting it directly into the bloodstream might just up and kill you.

2. Weaponized drugs = poisons, and really depending on what you use the cost would be very small. For example a kilo of flour is about 2 USD, a kilo of strychnine is about 40 USD, a kilo of lidocaine (the most expensive item in my little example) is about 400 USD, while a kilo of cocaine 25,000 USD.

The average purity of street cocaine is somewhere in the range of 20-60%. So I wouldn't worry about such a small cost, but that depends on how detail oriented the GM is.
Exist. Persist. Resist.

Last edited by wodine; 05-16-2020 at 04:36 PM.