Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 387
btccg btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
So on a Duskblade every strike in the turn gets the spell effect whether one or four and what about one target vs. many targets debate at 13. If you hit one target 6 times does the spell effect that one target 6 times?

Opps thinking Arcane channeling not Arcane strike. Would dual wield Duskblade get spell on each weapon to hit
Not quite - the wording on the Arcane Channelling of the Duskblade is actually quite specific in the SRD:

Arcane Channeling (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved.

At 13th level, you can cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round. Doing so discharges the spell at the end of the round, in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than 1 round.
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
As a duskblade you could use both Arcane channeling and Arcane strike.

There is an argument however that in the example in the book it does say with one weapon. I had a player that pointed out that WotC has stated that text beats examples or tables (wizards released a statement once upon a time about that) so the feat works for everything even though RAI should be with one weapon. I let it go because most gish end up being more casters than fighters and Two weapon fighting is considered weak and expensive. So this encouraged them to go the other way. (But I have often thought that it does almost make the duskblade and similar things VERY powerful for a single feat.)
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
btccg btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieuoffire View Post
Btccg, you can do a totem druid. You just get a couple less ability points. But wild shape at level 1 is amazing. It may be slightly less versatile but still definately tier 1.
And are any Monster PC levels (and RHD) considered as counting towards the 3 non-Tier 1 levels require before you can take a Tier 1 class level? Just wondering, since the Totem druid variant is kinda the basis for one of my monster concepts, but if the monster levels do not count as a non-Tier 1 class, then it hoops the concept.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 676
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Updated my character sheet to take Educated instead of Extend spell, we'll see if I stop being indecisive before the game starts.

Last edited by smeowlin; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Btccg: Monster levels are tier 3 (with the CR instead of LA) so if your first 3 are monster you have 28 point buy for character creation.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
btccg btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieuoffire View Post
Btccg: Monster levels are tier 3 (with the CR instead of LA) so if your first 3 are monster you have 28 point buy for character creation.
Thank you. Also, using CR as ECL, are feats still based on Hit Dice?

Edit: I can still work one of my monster concepts with totem druid; end up somewhere CR3 to CR5. Is CR5 acceptable?

Last edited by btccg; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
tier 3 does not grand additional bonuses. it is 4,5, and 6 that grant the bonuses tier 3 is the goal of where I would like to see the classes. your regular feats are still based on HD.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Ermine Ermine Ermine
Oh. Apparently, I can choose a soulmeld that lets me be better at picking locks (among other things). I just wouldn't have claws (unless I took Girallon Arms, which uses the arm slot, and gives 4 claw attacks when totem-bound). So if absolutely necessary, we can wait a day and I can pick those pesky locks. (Actually, you'll probably still be better at it, since without focusing on Incarnate (I'll mostly be Totemist), I won't be able to get better than a +4 to it, and it's not a class skill).

Last edited by Ermine; Yesterday at 11:34 PM.
Old Today, 03:40 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1102
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Maybe we can strap our "lockpick" to one of the mules, in the form of a 10 pound battering ram. It looks like we'll have plenty of strong characters capable of using one, if you want to free up a soul meld.

EDIT: 20 pounds, my bad.

Last edited by Crimson; Today at 03:43 AM.
Old Today, 03:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Ermine Ermine Ermine
Or I can just dimension door through locked doors. There's no way that could go poorly.

Last edited by Ermine; Today at 05:41 AM.