Notices

Old 03-23-2020, 05:52 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58
daikaiju
Howdy! o/

Hi all! I'm Zack, or Daikaiju, or Kaiju, Or Dai, or whatever, really. I've been playing TTRPGs for like, maybe half a decade? I've played plenty of D&D5e (on both sides of the screen), GMed a little LANCER (ohmanIwannaplaymore) and played a tiny bit of Vampire The Masquerade 5e, and probably a handful of others I'm forgetting about. I've also been on/off text RPing for at least 15 years, cutting my teeth on forums like this in the mid 2000s.

I've done a tiiiiiny bit of PbP 5e recently, in a group that never really made it past the first social encounter, but with the whole Global Situation™, it's much harder for my weekly group to get together and I'm finding a lot of time in front of the computer at work, so I may as well scratch that TTRPG itch while slacking off at work!

Can't wait to get started with y'all!

Last edited by daikaiju; 03-23-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2687
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site

I guess I probably shouldn't recommend a New Player Solo Game for such an experienced player such as you, although they do teach the site mechanics very well. Absent my usual recommendations there are some links to the new member guides in my signature.

What's this LANCER thing all about then and why are you so keen on it?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:16 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26595
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome daikaiju! Lots of 5e around here, and lots of interest in trying new things if you want to try your hand at GM'ing something different. Have fun exploring!
Old 03-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 512
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Welcome, Daikaiju!
Poke around, there are many games recruiting currently. That seems to be a silver lining of the current global situation. Lots of friendly helpful folks around too so don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Hope to see ya around.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58
daikaiju
Thanks for the welcome, y'all! I'm looking forward to poking around! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ruthers View Post
What's this LANCER thing all about then and why are you so keen on it?
Lancer (I thought it was stylized in allcaps, but I'm now finding out that that isn't the case, whoops) is a sci-fi RPG based around mech combat a la Titanfall and Gundam. If I remember correctly, the term they used to describe the general vibe during kickstarter is "mud & lasers." The combat has some of that 5e heft while outside of mech combat is very rules lite.

If it isn't obvious, I really like this system hahahaha
Old 03-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Dragon their feet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1266
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Can I call you Ikai?

Welcome to the site. I'd love to see a Lancer game get off the ground here.

Playing: After the Quake, Tenmen, Sky Realm, Ravnica
I've taken the Oath.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:47 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12010
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey, there, Die-Kaiju. I imagine that you're an enormous Kaiju made entirely of Dice. Kind of like the eye-monster from the first season of Power Rangers, but with d6s instead. It's a pretty pleasant picture. You've even got catchphrases like "I'm gonna roll you over!" and "Prepare to DIE!"

Sounds like it won't be difficult for you to adapt to the site, given how much experience you've got! We've got a fair bit of functionality here, including a built-in die roller and a bunch of other neat features.

If you've got any questions, let us know. We're happy to help!
Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 62201
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Wow, you have a lot of names. I do too, usually when the FBI catches onto my last one. But, that's beside the point. I still don't have as many as Unko.

Anyhow, glad you joined us here, 5e is very popular, so you'll have no trouble fitting in.

Happy gaming!
Old 03-23-2020, 10:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25848
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Mechs you say? I've always been a big fan of giant mechs. I'm fact, it's probably the only thing missing from Shadowrun, but hey, that's what Battle tech is for!

Any good stories to share from your time gaming? Newbies always have the best stories.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:03 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22167
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning daikaiju,

(or Zack, Daikaiju, Kaiju, Dai, or whatever -> chocoladevla2 )
Cool that you found us and made an introduction post and if I understand correctly you are going to DM us a game? May I request a 5E adventure and hopefully a Masquerade? ;-). So how are you keeping up with the mayhem out there and what is the best character you ever made?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:55 PM
Rancidly Strange

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
PHIL 490 PHIL 490 PHIL 490 PHIL 490
Welcome, hope you like it here!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 591
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
Welcome to the site :P as you can see the peeps here are real friendly. If you get a game rolling hit me up with a link!
Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 392
Crimson 0M3N Crimson 0M3N Crimson 0M3N Crimson 0M3N
Thanks for the link. Lancer looks really cool, and I've never heard of it before!

Well it looks like you know more than I do about ttrpgs, and probably play by post too, so I'll just say: welcome! Maybe you'll get a game of Lancer going here?

EDIT: Sorry, I know I'm de-railing my welcome, but I just noticed that the core book for players is completely free! How cool is that?

Also, how about that COMP/CON toolset for the game? It's presented so nicely, and it looks really interesting. I mean, just look at it! It's gorgeous!

Last edited by Crimson 0M3N; Yesterday at 02:12 AM.