twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk
I like the last pic, and I think the looks of the chocobo will be interesting, when that happens. I am getting some nice ideas for where to take this game from everyones comments, and I think I agree with Troy about the deadline.

Didn't realize that I would get the game thread so soon, but I also don't want to stifle anyones creativity by shortening the deadline though.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1
LeftOfCenter
Placeholder post.

How much of the FF mythos is to be used? For example, would a character in the service of a deity work? I'm kinda tossing around the idea of an unaligned Genasi swordmage or Githzerai avenger who's pledged service to the Espers.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
I like that; the Espers will probably function differently, but I think they would work quite well in this setting.

I look forward to reading reading your application.

Edit: I have added a line in the first post listing the following FF Mythos types to be confirmed: Chocobo, Moogle, Airships, Crystals, Espers.

Chocobo are just awesome, and will likely be the only mounts (re: not the only transportation, just mounts) in the game, Moogles will be there, if nothing else as a race like any others, Airships and Crystals are in every FF game (Please, find a reference where they are not there in some form, I challenge you all!), and the Espers will be in the game as somewhere around demi-gods who can be worshiped as full gods.

Is there anything else anyone would like to see?

Last edited by Duderk; Feb 22nd, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
LeftOfCenter
Name: Belgos Farith
Race: Drow
Class: Avenger
Alignment: Unaligned

Sheet: Good old iPlay4e

Appearance: Tall and slim, Belgos is a white-eyed Drow of average build. crosshatched scars cover the right side of his face, turning his otherwise charming countenance into a portrait of suffering.

Took a couple of names from FFVI in my background. These can be easily changed if they don't fit. Just needed a placeholder.

Last edited by LeftOfCenter; Feb 29th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
I believe I read somewhere (and agree myself) that the "Crystal" in FF7 was the Materia, the crystallized form of Mako.

As I stated in a previous post, my FF8 (used) has an un-usable disk 2, but apparently there is something called the Crystal Pillar that is supposedly the crystal in FF8. Although looking at it, it would seem to be the most ambiguous of the games.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2283
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
Not that it matters I was referring to the the FFXII moogles. XD
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rang Tangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderk View Post
I like that; the Espers will probably function differently, but I think they would work quite well in this setting.

I look forward to reading reading your application.

Edit: I have added a line in the first post listing the following FF Mythos types to be confirmed: Chocobo, Moogle, Airships, Crystals, Espers.

Chocobo are just awesome, and will likely be the only mounts (re: not the only transportation, just mounts) in the game, Moogles will be there, if nothing else as a race like any others, Airships and Crystals are in every FF game (Please, find a reference where they are not there in some form, I challenge you all!), and the Espers will be in the game as somewhere around demi-gods who can be worshiped as full gods.

Is there anything else anyone would like to see?
Certainly have to add other recurring enemies, such as Cactuars and Tonberries. Maybe some fancy Malboros.

Pretty giddy about Chocobos and Espers though
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
TheNewGuy

William Whim (f/k/a William Muhmble)

Background
Although he’d changed considerably (and in more ways than one) since losing his position at the city authority’s Office of Justice, William couldn’t help but recall his former life there with fondness and a sense of loss. Through years of diligent toadying and a steadfast ability to avoid notice, William Muhmble had managed to attain the comfortable (if cumbersome) title of Assistant to the Administrative Submanager of Terminal Corrections. His responsibilities were fairly simple but numerous and varied: signing off on payments to wardens; ensuring that the gallows were properly maintained; scheduling, organizing--and in the case of public punishment, publicizing--upcoming executions; ensuring all state executioners had their licenses in order; and generally performing any task that allowed the Submanager to remain focused on keeping the Administrative Manager pleased.

William had achieved his position by keeping his head down and never attracting any undue attention. As such, he was certain to reap some punishment when, while skulking around the infrequently visited Record Vault to retrieve a dusty folio, William committed the impertinent act of inadvertently interrupting a romantic liaison between a certain married, up-and-coming ministerial assistant and a buxom compliance officer who was not his wife.

The shock of learning, shortly thereafter, that he was to be placed on permanent administrative leave was amplified by the banal method by which this news arrived. One morning his name simply appeared among the list of individuals whose executions were scheduled for that week, and William knew that this was no mistake. His occupation and age were listed beside his name, and all the proper forms and protocols had been filled, filed, and followed, right down to the judge’s hurried signature scrawled on the bottom of an execution order marking the final item of business in the proceedings where William had been tried in absentia. For sedition, apparently. Trials such as these are typically just a formality, but the resulting procedures that are set into motion must be followed to the letter. The guilty party’s name is added to a list that someone like William reviews each week. An execution summons is issued and, if the individual does not voluntarily appear at the courthouse with the necessary paperwork in proper order for his execution, a group of guards is dispatched to retrieve the guilty party. Any expense incurred in the process is charged to the next of kin.

Letting out a sigh, William set to work with relish, lingering to savor every detail. He issued himself a Summons for Terminal Correction and carefully jotted down his demographic information on the Criminal Census Forms. With a flowery flourish, he signed the Receipt for Pending Terminal Correction—twice: once as recipient and once as official witness. He readjusted the schedule so that his would be the last execution of the day. Finally, he added a footnote to his Asset Seizure Form to the effect that a portion of the guilty party’s assets might well be applied toward the purchase of more comfortable chairs for the clerks and functionaries of the Terminal Corrections Administrative team. It was the least he could do. William stayed late into the night to finish all the work he’d put off in the past few days before leaving the stately administrative building and strolling casually into the forest at the edge of town. He felt disillusioned and disappointed to see it all end this way—being cast aside by a system he’d cared about and worked for.

Now that William’s life was over, he was right back where he started.

Shortly before sleep, feeling rejected and bitter, William reverted to his natural Changeling form for the first time in many years. When he awoke in the morning, he’d already assumed the shape of the man he saw in his dreams. He decided to keep the mole on his jaw as an epitaph to poor William Muhmble.

Other Info
Race: Changeling
Class: Rogue
Appearance: Lanky and pale, drawn and sullen, William falls far short of beauty. His features are, in fact, wholly unremarkable except for a small mole on his jaw. He has dark hair and eyes.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
A shade assassin whose family was executed and a changeling rogue who probably filed the execution order. That would make for an interesting bit if Mr. Whim ever let it slip. Especially if someone Rook thought was executed just happened to NOT BE EXECUTED!! BUM BUM BUM!!

Last edited by Troy; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
Oh wow, there are some really good applications for this. This is going to be a tough call, when it comes to choosing who to pick. Keep up the good work, for all applicants!

As an amusing side note, LeftOfCenter, you seem to be in the same time-zone as me. You also might want to make a few posts that are not in the quick reply mode so you can build up to the ability to send/receive PMs.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
TheNewGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
A shade assassin whose family was executed and a changeling rogue who probably filed the execution order. That would make for an interesting bit if Mr. Whim ever let it slip. Especially if someone Rook thought was executed just happened to NOT BE EXECUTED!! BUM BUM BUM!!
Haha, no doubt! Although in Whim's defense, if Whim was responsible for the paperwork then at least Rook could be secure in knowing that his family's files would have been handled with all the delicacy and precision that a bloated bureaucracy could bring to bear.

In any case, Whim only wants to fit in--he's unlikely to reveal his Changeling identity, let alone an earlier persona.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
It's amusing you say that, I play a tabletop game where the changeling in the party was keeping his race secret from all others in the party (by claiming he was Drow, which was amusing when we went into a dark cave) until the group reached level 3...

Oh that was fun, when he accidentally shifted in plain sight of the rest of the group, and they almost stopped fighting the enemies and attacked their ally.

Let my rambling show that I have an amusing sense of humor, and encourage players to do things not typically considered, to think outside the box if they would like. If you have any aspects of your character you do not care to show everyone, feel free to secret them, and I will assist your development along those lines in any way you care to. The same can be said for anything that is public however, so it really is only if you want to.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOfCenter View Post
Took a couple of names from FFVI in my background. These can be easily changed if they don't fit. Just needed a placeholder.
I have no issues with FF names (from ANY FF) coming up, but if they do the name should have at least a minor relevance to that character. It would seem off to have, for example, Terra show up as a minor male beggar who has never done anything of note, and wields no power; people would expect if that did happen then this random beggar would have some hidden power and try to figure out why.

now EDWARD (FF4) could get away with that role; if he had an instrument of some kind.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
LeftOfCenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderk View Post
I have no issues with FF names (from ANY FF) coming up, but if they do the name should have at least a minor relevance to that character.
Yup. Leo is a General, Gestahl as a King instead of an emperor. Gonna finish my background (quickly becoming a short story) this afternoon/evening, and I'll get my post count up to PM level today.

Last edited by LeftOfCenter; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, it would seem 3d6 dice rolls hate me, I might have to consider upping it to 4d6kh3 for the stat rolls, though I still like the risk of no re-rolls. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions of this?

Currently 3d6; able to set the rolled numbers to any stat rather then roll blindly; no re-rolls.

Would anybody take the option to roll as it is, or should I add that 1 dice leniency? I recognize it is a little while off yet, but never hurts to ask sooner rather then too late.

Last edited by Duderk; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 09:02 PM.