twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
ArcanistDragons ArcanistDragons
Hey everyone! I *just* now noticed that I got through the applications! Totally my bad haha, but I am finally here and writing up the character sheet today!

As for things I like in my TTRPGs, the stuff that keeps me hooked is more on the character interaction aspects and interesting combat. I'm used to being at tables where people say "I swing my sword" but I'm much more a fan of "I whip my blade around, twirling to gain momentum as I try to pierce the side of the guarded man in front of me" and whatnot. Just sounds way cooler! I'm also really into the little details of a world, like how the mother of a peasant would recognize the "strange gray tiefling" that gave their kid a gold coin to buy toys, and how that action and reaction could spiral into other smaller moments. Also, partying after adventures. I think most of my characters love to get blasted at the local pub after making out of the dungeon with enough gold to smelt it into a toilet to celebrate.

Outside of TTRPGs, my interests cycle between Starcraft 2, horror movies, and random video essays on youtube. One of my favorite hobbies is sitting around thinking why I like a certain game or movie, and then break down why I like those elements that make me like that certain game or movie. Very exciting stuff, I assure you
Old 06-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
Huehuecoyotl Huehuecoyotl
left-aligned image

My character has a pig's whistle in case it ever comes up...

just saying...

'cause you never know.

Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 06-04-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
ArcanistDragons ArcanistDragons
Character sheet is done for my tiefling fighter, Valwala, I think! If anything needs updating or changes, or if ya want me to use one of the sets from the first roll I put in the characters thread and not the dice rolling thread just lemme kno ;*
Old 06-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Hella Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking
Sorry for the lag guys! I've been bogged down with summer school and work, but I'm really looking forward to dwarf wizarding haha. I'll throw up a character sheet and all here soon, but if everybody else is ready feel free to start without me.

Also, I'm into historical fantasy, sci-fi, high fantasy, mythology, all that tolkien stuff. I'm on a Fortnite kick right now, but I got back into WoW recently. I've also been running various parties in person and on here through a historical fantasy game I call Mediterranea. Thanks again for the invite!

Last edited by Thesandwichking; 06-05-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Talent0 Talent0
Asked the DM this in a PM but he's been busy I think with real life, so I am going to ask this question in here to get a bit of feedback from everyone.

Looking into the future of Grey Guard, would you think a paladin of the Oath of Ancients or Oath of Mercy better fit into the game world.

I'm trying to develop and better flesh out my character and just wanted to get input in order to make a choice.

Thanks, hope you all have a good week and hopefully we get started playing together soon!
Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Reading your backstory, being an order separate from contemporary struggles, seems like both Oaths could work/be consistent with the setting. Tone-wise(darker/gritty), Ancients fits better imo.

Last edited by PeasOfCrab; 06-07-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9253
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
I liked what you were going with for Oath of the Ancients as well. Seems like it'd give you some interesting narrative stuff to work with in time.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:03 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
So.... anyone know what might be happening?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4558
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontageManiac View Post
So.... anyone know what might be happening?
The DMs last post was two weeks ago. Either a bridge fell on him, or he decided hed rather not run the game.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah I thought that might be it... I was hoping to finally play a hexblade. Dang it! Kayne never gets game-time.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Talent0 Talent0
Fingers crossed he didn't get hit by a bridge.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:23 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
Huehuecoyotl Huehuecoyotl
Someone PM me if this ever gets off the ground.