DnD5e Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1417
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
@undeadrajib
Any feedback on my character, Dr. Brighton would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:47 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Hello humans! Less than two days until the deadline. It's now or never, folks. By the way, what a fascinating bunch of intriguing characters! I am dreading the process of selection now. It's going to be hard!

@Foibel, looking forward

Old 10-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Old 10-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel

Name: Quinthas "Half-Take" Tanner
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Alignment: CG
Background: Criminal

TRAITS:
I am very slow to trust. I've been hurt too many times and seen too many people I've considered friends dissappear.
IDEALS:
I've got a soft spot for the poor, children and the disadvantaged. They are my people, they are damaged like me and I stand by them.
BONDS:
Some day I'll find my father and prove to him he should never have left.
FLAWS:
I hold myself responsible for my mother's death.

Physical Description: Quinthas is a six foot tall half-elf with green eyes and auburn hair. Although relatively tall, he somehow seems shorter, perhaps due to the fact that he slumps his shoulders around others almost as if he’s curling into himself. His demeanor transforms entirely when he starts playing his lute, almost as if a curtain has been drawn internally. His spine straightens, he looks up and his face brightens as music pours forth from the bowl of his lute and his fingers dance along the frets.

Personality: Quinthas appears relatively social but internally distrustful of all he meets until they show themselves to be loyal and reliable. His relatively short life has been uncommonly plagued by loss and he fears developing strong bonds with anyone else lest they be torn away from him abruptly. He hides these internal reservations behind an outwardly comic persona.

Character Bio: Quinthas never knew his father. His mother was the human daughter of the local tanner. According to stories he heard growing up, she met his father when she stumbled upon an elven scouting party in the woods near her home. He was the only member of the group to speak kindly to her and a few days later he visited her for the first time. Their romance was a secret one, that only became known when she could no longer hide her growing belly from her father. Furious at the disgrace she had brought to the family, Quinthas’ mother was exiled by her family and she found her way to Mulmaster where she worked for a pittance in a large tannery, staining her hands in a patchwork of reds and blues due to the harsh chemicals used therein.

Quinthas grew up on the streets of Mulmaster, fending for himself during the long days when his mother was away in the foul smelling tannery near the harbor. His nimble hands and quick feet earned him a place in one of the many unnamed throngs of children pickpockets that flourished in the back alleys and slums. While he would often steal food and coins from the street merchants, Quinthas invariably shared his takings with the smaller children or the less successful in the group earning him the disparaging nickname “Half-Take,” as he always seemed to give away half of whatever he ended up stealing.

When he was ten, his mother became gravely ill from an unknown malady that Quinthas suspected was caused by the inhalation of the horrid fumes in the factory. He spent all of his accumulated coins in effort after effort to cure the illness but nothing slowed the advance of the disease. In her last breaths, Quinthas’ mother told him his father’s name: Porthas and revealed the lute he had gifted her during their courtship. Lifting up a loose floorboard, Quinthas found a beautiful instrument carved from the heartwood of some ancient tree. Its body shone a deep brownish red in the sputtering candles of their tenement room. As his mother breathed her last breath, Quinthas tears fell onto the frets of the instrument. His fingers naturally curled around the neck of the lute finding their place instinctively and music poured forth from the instrument. Practicing incessantly after his mother’s passing, Quinthas found his way as a bard, traversing the common rooms of Mulmaster and taking to the road in search of his father and himself, eventually finding himself to the Crossroads Inn in Phlan.

Roleplay Sample: Your character was once given wise advice from a stranger. Show us that scene.

Weak applause broke out in the half-filled common room of the Drunken Donkey, a somewhat reputable pub in the dock district of Mulmaster. Quinthas took his normal bow and slung his lute over his shoulder before leaving the stage to make his way to the bar and see about his payment. The bartender slid a small coinpurse across the the counter: Small crowd tonight, eh, Half-Take?

Perhaps they are small, but they made up for their size with their enthusiasm, Quinthas retorted, with an exaggerated wink.

After the bartender turned away, Quinthas sighed. The light purse would keep him in his squalid, one room apartment for another month but it would take him no further. He could feel his stomach gnawing at itself as he thought fondly about the one meal he’d had that day. As he sat lost in thought he heard a loud cough. Turning around he saw a strikingly dressed human. His crimson suit was impeccably tailored, far fancier than the dress of anyone else in the establishment. I saw your set. Passable, but a bit dour don’t you think? The man looked at Quinthas squarely as he nonchalantly rolled a gold piece up and down his knuckles with one hand.

Quinthas looked theman up and down before replying And what would you know of it stranger? You look a bit fancy for these parts.

The man chuckled and casually reached down, revealing a fiddle case which he snapped open with a practiced ease. Inside carefully held by a crushed blue velvet interior was a fiddle stained so dark it was almost ebony. Eh, I know a thing or two about entertaining a room. The key is to tell the people the story they want to hear. Everyone has experienced sadness but sad people don’t want to be reminded of that fact. Lift them up. Paint them a picture with music. Show them excitement, merriment, laughter, hope! Show them potential! Sure, there is a time and place for a dirge here and there, but in a place like this, the man gestured around the room at the half dozen men searching for solace at the bottom of tankards. ...give them something else.

After finishing his thought, the man got up, carrying his case to the stage. He loudly opened his case again and spent a moment tuning his fiddle before he rapidly picked it up and started into a ribald tune involving a farmer’s daughter, a demon and an excessive amount of flatulence. The tone in the room shifted immeasurably as guffaws rang out and more dockworkers trudged in, lured by the laughter and the stomping of the feet of the patrons. Quinthas’ eyes opened in wonder at the almost magical transformation that had taken place. Swallowing a nervous lump in his throat, he deftly moved through the crowd towards the stage, unslinging his lute once again. With an almost hesitant step, he got back onto the stage and his fingers rapidly flew along the frets of his lute to keep up with the strangers rasping bow. The melodies blended and the stranger looked at him with a knowing smirk.

character sheet

UndeadRajib: let me know if I've missed anything. This game sounds exciting.

Last edited by Foibel; 10-24-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Alright folks, we are nearly at the end. Last few hours to go!

Old 10-25-2019, 03:51 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Wow; some stiff competition has definitely come out of the woodwork I see.

I have taken the Oath!
Old 10-25-2019, 04:35 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8932
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Wishing you all the best of luck!
Old 10-26-2019, 04:39 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are now closed

Thank you all for your consideration. I was hoping to finish the selections by the weekend. But I have to a session to run tomorrow and as of this moment, my prep is zero. So it may be delayed by a day or two. Thank you all for your patience.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadrajib View Post
Thank you all for your consideration. I was hoping to finish the selections by the weekend. But I have to a session to run tomorrow and as of this moment, my prep is zero. So it may be delayed by a day or two. Thank you all for your patience.
No worries, mate. Real life comes first.

Which still applies when real life is also gaming.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:42 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
No problem! We’re not going anywhere

I have taken the Oath!
Old 10-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1482
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Agreed, real life comes first, always. Best of luck everyone!

Old 10-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Lord Lord
Gaaah, I can't wait to see who made it. Good luck to everybody!!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:21 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Good luck everyone!
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
Hello humans! I have made my final selections. Needless to say, it was an extremely difficult task. I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all of you who applied. It was a joy to read each one of the applications. Thank you again for considering this game. I hope I can live up to the expectations!

So, without further ado, the chosen characters are...

Abel Highgallows - Marybeth Quinn - Shamira Silmerhelve - Horryn Grenpine - Bran Anderfrith - Dr. Philippe Brighton

Congratulations to the chosen applicants. Please head over to the game forum over here and make yourself at home. The OOC thread is open for business. As for the others, if there is ever a need for more players, you will be the first ones I contact before resorting to other means.

Last edited by undeadrajib; 10-29-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1482
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Grats to the selected ones, enjoy!