RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28383
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
The Laws of the Forsaken Plane (Admin and House Rules)

Player Expectations. The Golden Rule. As a wise person once said, "Be excellent to one another!"

I am an advocate of collaborative approach to story telling and playing. So with very little exception, I am very open to player input on any aspect of the game. All I that ask in return is that when a decision is made, is to accept and support that decision and that you follow treating others as you would like to be treated and being excellent to one another.the Golden Rule. Feel free to engage me in your private threads, PM, or in OOC and I ask that you engage one another as you undertake this journey.

Community: OOC
Fraternity: Be supportive of the others in and out of character.

Responsiveness: Don't make the DM or the game wait. If you're going to be away for a while, please let me know privately or use the OOC. We are aiming for a steady rate of two post per week. However, I reserve the right to DMPC for the good of the game and to maintain story momentum. This will be very infrequent occurrence.

Feedback and Rapport: All players are expected to use the tools at your disposal to provide feedback/appreciation/XP Token/rpxp to everyone involved in the game. Do this by posting comments via RPXP or in the OOC thread about the game, the writing, the pace, the NPCs, the world, etc.

Character: IC
Speaking: Put the post in bold/[say]. Like this: "I am Batman" said the mentally inept billionaire with parental issues.

Thoughts: To portray thoughts, or for emphasis, or both, use italicized text, such as this: "Man, I am so stressed out!"

OOC posts: All in-game threads will require in-game posts, naturally. If you need to have Out of Character-speak, do so in either the OOC thread or in a spoiler button at the bottom to keep things nice.

Alignment: As discussed during the application process, your alignment is the expression of your character's tendencies. Even if you dislike the alignment system, this is supposed to be a communication of your character's personality in term of those tendencies, so it should be aligned with how you had envisioned playing the characters. If this changes or has changed we can talk alignment shift and more importantly, play it IC during the game play as you tell the story of his shifting world view and the reasons for them.

Interaction: Your character is a part of a group. You need to communicate, contribute to IC conversations, and engage the rest of the party. Speaking to others in-character is essential. Interaction is the key to staying engaged and developing a group that plays and stays together.

Character Limitations and Development: This is the centerpiece of the game in my eyes and the mechanics are secondary. It is one of the reasons why I left room for more customization by the players, but more importantly it is the struggles, the growth, changes, and learning as a character, but not just a mechanical level... but to flesh it out so that those changes are part of the character and not just their sheet, if you understand what I mean.

Tense: Posts will be in the third person, preferably in past tense. Future is discouraged. No English rule enforcers, please. Mistakes are expected, I make them too (dear lord do I make them), but please do your best to make them generally free of spelling and grammar errors so we can understand what you are trying to say and do.

For the Good of the Game:

The Art of the Two Paragraph Post. Learn it. Love it. Live it. Nuff said.

Rolls: To be done in the dice thread, please. After that, make your post with your actions, describing your actions with appropriate skill. Such as, if you get a 14 on an attack, describe your attack with some proficiency; if you got a 1, explain why you failed. For most encounters I will give you target ACs / DCs so you will know if you hit/make the check or not. Some I will simply ask for the roll and some I will keep secret for the sake of atmospherics and drama.

Death/Corruption: All I will say on this is that the game will be designed to test character decision making and most likely when death is on the line. Kudos if you get the reference. On the Forsaken Plane this is akin to having contest of intellect with a Sicilian. In most instances a character death will be caused by their decisions and very rarely, if ever, because of a dice roll. This is not to say that the decisions may have put the character in a position where their lives are on the line due to a dice roll.

Anyway, kudos for this section goes to many excellent mentors and fellow storytellers on this site, in particular, Amy and Jarl11!
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 01-23-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Character Creation Guidelines

Character Crafting Guide:
Any Paizo source or linked in the PFSRD site, with the exception of Occult (which I have not opportunity to review). All others consult the DM for review and approval for inclusion.

Level: Players will start at Level 3.
Advancement: Set Levels up.
Ability Scores: 15 point buy for 5 scores only. Every character gets one 18 to place as any stat outside of the point buy. Double check with the pfsrd calculator please. Special: Maximum starting stat after racial modifiers is 20.
Hit Points: Max HP. A gift from The Powers. (*evil laughter)
Feats: See above. Anything questionable, just consult the DM.
Traits: Pick any two Paizo traits, to include campaign as long as it fits the flavor. Rule of thumb as usual is that the selection is based on role play not roll play.
Equipment: Use the WBL for 3rd level to determine the equipment and item that you potentially have. Post the list in the Private Thread for DM approval for some magic items as they operate/function differently in the Forsaken Plane.

Skills: Background Skills Variant system will be used for this game.

Guidelines for Character Private Threads:
As you level up or purchase abilities with the XP Token System (See Below) my intent is that your character Private Thread is a running record of all of the changes and updates to your character. This is to help me to visualize without having to memorize what has changed on your character sheet, especially if you come up with something new.

FYI, I am generally flexible with changes, if you (player) find down the line that something that does not fit your character. (See below)

Last edited by Xian; 12-01-2016 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
XP Token System

Last edited by Xian; 11-27-2016 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
House Rule: Advantage and Disadvantage

This game will utilize a variation of the Advantage and Disadvantage rule from D&D 5e in order to replicate certain circumstances without having a numerical impact on numbers. This simply means that in the case of a d20 check or roll, Disadvantage means that you roll two or more dice and take the lower of the results and vice versa for Advantage rolls where two rolls and the higher of the two results are taken.

Most of the time this will be to better reflect the environmental and circumstantial impacts of the player's surroundings.