RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM
All the world's a Stage..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
left-aligned image
’For the Love of … This is absolutely ridiculous!’ -Jonathan grinds his teeth with torment so much so that tooth enamel must be sputtering out of his mouth in all directions. Judis has refused to dismount his perch, Alexis has delivered a thundering taunt and is poised to strike and ream each and every soldier that comes near. Kallev has threatened her life once again, and the doctor has intervened, disarming her and admonishing the threatening host!!

"JUDIS! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW, THIS INSTANCE-- PEOPLE ARE DYING AT YOUR HANDS!!" Jonathan has lost it! His mind is torn apart. His heart is broken. He is conflicted beyond comprehension-- of what to possibly do now; of whom to trust, whom to side with?!! These new people he has just met in this cursed jungle, come to find out from Judis, might be responsible for the murder of an entire village?! He scans over the three in an entirely new light.

But Judis scorns with rage and ultimate arrogance, as he has always been quite capable of. To be honest, Jonathan has never liked Judis from the very beginning. Judis has always been a troubled man; a petty man with deep insecurities and fears of self inadequacy. He was quick to reach for positions of power, so he could lord over others with his inflated ego of copious accolades-- in hopes to fill that deep hole inside himself ... to suck up to The Queen... the queen... ah yes… if he surrenders to Judis … he will be taken to the queen …

Jonathan is really at his wits end at this point. Job after job has been forced upon him, and he has accepted each and every one with reluctance and resentment, to hopefully gain some more leads on the whereabouts of his captured love, his wife Cyranda. The Queen is behind it. He knows it! The queen and her grueling henchmen, the likes of that grotesque Rygor Turner and his men ... ’They know where she is,’ he whispers to himself … ’They are ALL responsible. All of them! They will all DIE! They will all be CRUSHED for their loathsome deeds.’

His Dragon Heart pounds rapidly with wild hysteria. His fists clench down tightly with sweat oozing between his fingers. Fangs begin to unsheathe and roll forward in his taut jaw-- startling himself! He’s shocked! He has never felt his teeth behave like this!! What now?! A Monster! He’s becoming a vile monster each and every day! There’s no stopping it! There's no hope anymore! He is lost beyond reprieve! Heart beating out of his chest, his fingers begin to throb and transform! Nails grow rapidly into jagged points, scales slide out from under his skin, and the stirring on his scalp! He’s beginning to feel his loathsome and disgraceful horns-- sprouting from his skull!

Blood is racing to his brain! He’s getting dizzy--light headed. The anxiety is taking hold. His eyes flutter! He’s losing sight! All is beginning to flicker. He lurches forward still in a rage--wanting to strike! Wanting to engage … but nope!

Darkness...

He’s blacked out! *Swish*-- his limp body sways, staggers, and then releases forward--thumping on the ground. Passed out. He's fainted. The internal struggle was simply too much for his overwhelmed psyche.

Jonathan Rawncer in all his rage-- lay still now, limp like a dead fish. He is unconscious-- passed out on the jungle floor.

Last edited by WhiteStag; 09-25-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Bound by law...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius
"And that reasoning right there is why you have no business identifying rare flora & fauna. Not only is your wish to destroy her body founded on cosmetic appearances when you can't even distinguish patchwork-grafting from surgical sutures ... seriously, do you not have mages that can grow wings or claws temporarily? They are not so odd.... but it is founded on a likeness of her dead body to a case I have never heard of, depriving any hope of a defense here. She is not some zombie or abomination. Are you going to punish me and her by destroying her body before anything resembling a fair trial? If you so fear ..."
right-aligned image
"You and Mordenheim are cut from same cloth, too enamored by your so called knowledge that it blind to your madness. It is an abomination. While the precise means perhaps is different, the end is the same. The reanimation of parts once dead into a faux simile... mockery... of life." Judas says grimacing as if recalling an unpleasant memory and unaware that Aurelius has broken the spell's hold handily. "I know firsthand what such a creature can do. Mordenheim's creature slew nearly a dozen inquisitors that night, me nearly one of them, before it fled. No, Doctor, I will not risk such a thing... not on my watch."

It was then that Kallev made her proclamation as the miracle she prayed for did not come... just before she again placed her blade to her throat and followed through on her threat to kill herself.

"Cowardice." Judas says flatly as if fully expecting Kallev to slice her throat with her dagger as he motions to a few of the inquisitors in the ranks. "Typical of a royal to try to escape in death and abandon her so called "friends" to face judgment alone than have the courage to face the truth of that judgment."

Kallev faints as she feels her lifeblood pour out of her throat in torrents. She feels her body grow cold, but Kallev felt comforted as she began to fade because Judas and his queen would be denied their tribunal and that those she had damned would forgive her if she joined them in death. Even as the sensation faded from her body and the darkness began to cloud her vision, Kallev felt a sudden sharp pain as a cold, dark sensation emanated from face... from the scar. It spread through her body and icy sharp pain shot throughout her body as she convulsed even as Aurelius leaped and feverishly began work to save Kallev... again.

The jugular gushes Kallev's blood all over the good doctor as he works to manage the injury. Both skill and experience kick in as Aurelius knows that every second is vital. Judas raises his eyebrows in surprise as Aurelius, first, moves when he was supposed to be paralyzed by holding magics and second that he dropped his weapon and went to Kallev's aid vice continuing his stand-off with the inquisitors over Yana's body. For perhaps the first time in this encounter, those watching would see a glimmer of approval on Judas' face as long minutes tick by as Aurelius uses ever trick in his extensive medical repertoire to save Kallev. Three inquisitors join Aurelius as he staunches the bleeding and stabilizes the stricken Kallev. They extend green energy covered hands that then pass onto Kallev's stricken form and the mangled flesh beneath Aurelius' hands mends itself and the only evidence of the act is blood that soaked Aurelius and his tools. Kallev feels the icy sharp daggers of pain emanating from the scar fade even as she feels the warmth and strength return to them.

"Perhaps there is hope for you... for rehabilitation from the insanity that afflicts you. You chose the living over the dead. I will ensure that is consideration in your judgment." Judas says grimly as he motions for the other inquisitors to finish their work. "Bind her and the good doctor to ensure that there are no more... theatrics."

Aurelius then sees what Judas referred to as he is bounded roughly by a half dozen inquisitors. Where Yana's body once laid, he saw a corona of silvery flame that burned away his beloved creation... and the vestiges of his deceased wife.

Quote:
"Alexis will walk with Judas-Plant, if Judas-Plant will word-offer that Judas-Plant will not blame Alexis for Alexis' much more pretty-face. Alexis wants to know things of Queen. If Judas-Plant promises Alexis one truth-answer from Queen, Alexis will not murder-kill Judas-Plant and half of knight-men before Alexis dies."
"If you are asking if you will be judged on your appearance or by the evidence and the law, then I can assure you that it will be the latter. Much as I did in the town before my duty as one of her majesty's Inquisitor is ensure that you are tried by Process and the law and not the passions of the mob." Judas replied frankly to the shifter as if to acknowledge the willingness of Alexis to literally take everyone with him. "I will be frank, Master Alexis, in my long time as inquisitor I have seen the world... it is dark, brutal, and savage. The law is the light. The law is what keeps at bay the worst of our natures. It is why me and every inquisitor here has dedicated ourselves to it... to never compromise even in the face of Armageddon in order to protect society from itself as much as the monsters outside of it."

"As to your second request, I can make no such promise any accommodations for answers you seek from the Queen because I cannot speak for her or have to right or authority to obligate her to do so." Judas answers candidly, even as his ebony blade is drawn in anticipation of bloody violence. "All I can say is during your tribunal, you will be afforded an opportunity to speak and address the tribunal, to include The Queen. Will that suffice, Master Alexis?"

Judas then notices Jonathan struggling with his internal conflict before collapsing beneath the sheer weight of it.

"Never compromise. That was always the difference between us, Jonathan... that is why you could never be an Inquisitor." Judas said plainly as the other inquisitors came in to bind and secure him. "You lack the constitution to do what must be done."

OODM:OODM: One more round of responses and I will close out this awesome chapter and move us onto the next one.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 09-27-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Aurelius loses YanaDr. Aylmer brushes off the trio of magical healers when they get too close to his hurried stitching, obviously used to the role of lead surgeon. In fact, he brusquely directs them exactly where & when to ply their arts, as if they were assistants rather than his soon-to-be jailers. The good doctor gently pulls on his last suture before sitting back. Taking a last look over his handiwork, he wipes his bloodied gloves on his smock and sighs with tired relief, "She'll pull through." Glancing up to the (slightly less) stern high inquisitor, he fixes his own stern spectacles, "I'm a man of medicine, inquisitor. Saving people is my life's work."

The gesture to his other men draws Aurelius' gaze to a heart-rending sight. "No! Yana!" cries the good doctor. He lunges against the inquisitors that seemed to materialize around him, for all the attention he was paying. "Let me go! Please! My Yana!" The wiry professor struggles against the burly lawmen with strength he does not have and with the frenzy of a parent losing a child. Tears stream from his eyes even as he cannot take them off the sight of his beloved burning away to ash. Desperately, he looks for which makes a big deal for his reactions, the difference between a flicker of hope and pitch black despairsign of her head in the flames or among the inquisitors. "You said you'd keep her head! You said! You said ..." he trails off as all strength seems to drain from his limbs. The only thing that had been preserving any semblance of composure since his grim decision was the razor focused intensity of reviving her. With that dam stripped away, the weight of everything overflows in a grief-filled torrent. The inquisitors are the only thing keeping the limp physician mostly upright as he weeps bitterly.

She's gone. The weight of that statement crushes his heart. He couldn't save Georgiana. He couldn't keep Yana safe in Lepistadt. He had to sacrifice her, the most precious thing in all the worlds, to this monster. Even after he promised, he couldn't revive her. Even after his promise, he had to save some suicidal fool rather than loyally protect her body from these ignorant brutes. He is a master repairer of bodies, but what good is that without a body to repair? What good has any of his skill been thus far? "I'm sorry, Yana ... I'm sorry; I failed you ... I wasn't good enough ... I'm sorry ... I'm sorry ... I'm sorry," he sobs piteously and inconsolably.

"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Old 12-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Bound by law... A closing of the chapter

right-aligned image
Judas looks upon the "developments" with detachment as Jonathan passes out and Aurelius breaks down and sobs in despair at the loss of his beloved Yana at the hands of the Queen's inquisitors. The loss of a child, even one that was not strictly biological, the loss of the connection was very real and the emotion associated with that loss overwhelmed the doctor. Despite his devotion to science and reason, Aurelius has also been a man of emotion and the power of that emotion now asserted itself as he was confronted with the reality that all his intellect, his skill, his knowledge did not save the ones he cared for most. While a measure of understanding could be seen in Judas' face, there was no sympathy there.

"Unlike Mordenheim, doctor, I hope that you will realize that your attachment to the "thing" you created is as delusional as the notion of you being able to give it life." Judas says flatly as he direct the inquisitors to bind Aurelius, the unconscious Jonathan, Kallev, and Val. Ephram, seeing the futility of continued struggle, surrendered to the inquisitors his sword and armor before submitting to being bound and shackled. "Your skills are apparent and you would serve people better pursuing their care than in the pursuit of such dark knowledge. "

Alexis wrinkled his nose at Judas' response to his inquiry earlier, but seemed satisfied in the pledge by the inquisitor that he would be afforded a fair hearing in accordance with the laws and not the passions and prejudices of the mob. Alexis also nodded at Judas' response to his request to question the Queen. Alexis would not be compelled to fulfill the promises that someone else made for him, especially if that person had no authority over him, so Judas-Plant not being able to guarantee his Queen's consent seemed reasonable enough to the shifter and having the opportunity to address her during the trial seemed enough to placate Alexis so that he would not go down in a blaze of bloody glory. In a gesture as amazing as the situation, Alexis surrendered his weapon and then allowed himself to restrained. It was not the first time that Alexis had been in chains... or perhaps it was the confidence that Alexis had that if he wanted to be free, those chains could not truly hold him. With that final piece, it looked as if the ordeal in the forest had come to a close... yet segue into the journey to capital and to the royal courts to stand trial, for better or for worse. Judas only spared a final glance at the remains of what was once Kelebros and ordered his inquisitors to turn the purifying the silver flames onto the mass before turning his horse and joining the caravan of inquisitors and prisoners in the wagon as they began their trek to the capital.

As they departed, dark shadows paused and then followed behind the caravan... paralleling the caravan at a safe distance. They were inquisitors after all.

EpilogueThe forest had gone silent as the interlopers had left and in its wake was the ash remains of the God of the Forest's chief disciple, which had been reduced to that state by the concerted efforts of many inquisitors. Still within that mound of ash a single sprout burst forward from the ground. It then grew and multiplied at a frightening rate. It was as if the mass was waiting under the ground for all of the interlopers to leave before erupting out of the ground. Perhaps Kelebros was.

This was not the first time that he had been reduced to such a state... it had happened before. How many times, Kelebros could not recall, but he knew with certainty that his sister had something to do with it. Still Kelebros could not remember what exactly had transpired... again... only that the souls he had been collecting to grow his power had escaped. That part of the ordeal was clouded in a deep fog. It mattered not. Kelebros could feel the power of the God of Forest returning to him and he would not defeated again. He would gather even more souls this time... so many that it would dwarf whatever power his sister would conjure up. THIS time it would be different. HE was the chosen one of the God of the Forest.

With that thought and determination, Kelebros again sunk into the ground to lay in wait for those unwitting souls to come to him. As he did, a thick bank of fog rolled through the forest, covering him and the forest floor where is laid in wait. Waiting... It would be different.

OODM: OODM: Onward to the next chapter! I should have that post hopefully out before Christmas Fingers crossed!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 12-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.