RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Sleeping Dogs and All
Alexis chose to keep his mouth shut about the Black Wolves. He could sympathize with Kallev, Judas-Plant, and Duck-Jorgen: this is their home, and the Wolves are a direct threat to that home. Val... well, Val is just crazy in a way that Alexis doesn't want to try and understand, but he remains content to simply let matters play out. While most beings might consider what the Wolves will no doubt do to the villages as "evil" or "horrific", Alexis is forced to consider whether or not the Wolves are justified in this attack. Is it preemptive, is it vindicated by past actions? There is so much about this world that is so... so... complicated, and Alexis really isn't interested in thinking about complicated things.

So he instead thinks about fluffy bunnies and how delicious they taste.

By the time the papers come out, Alexis checks out. Reading. Deductive reasoning. Logic. These are high-brow concepts that the gladiator lacks any interest in. He often breaks the studious silence with inane quips or semi-coherent ramblings. At one point, he's even talking about the finer point of utilizing axes over swords for decapitations-- apparently in his sleep.

Alexis seems to stir, as if by magic, once the work has been completed. He stands, stretches, and yawns loudly. "Alexis is ready for chase-hunt," he says. apparently indifferent to the fatigue shown by the rest of the group. Which is precisely when Alexis Perception 28noticed something peculiar hanging out nearby. He smiled. Well. That sure as hell proved to be more interesting that trying to read through old, nasty records in a language he could barely understand.

Alexis rolled his shoulders and shifted his head side-to-side, unleashing loud pops from his vertebrae. He spared a quick, happy smile to the rest of the group. "Alexis look-sees a thing. Alexis will run-chase now. Alexis wonders if Alexis-friends can keep up. With that said, Alexis takes off at full tilt in the direction of the shadowy figure.


OOC
Since it is a little ambiguous where exactly the figure is, advise me if you need any rolls or anything like that. Given that Alexis is currently without his armor/weapons, he's moving at a base speed of 40ft. He's not going to Rage, yet, but it is a definite possibility depending on what happens. Which could have hilarious results given the current location.

Alexis, being Alexis, will take the most direct path possible, safety be damned. He's finally got a chance to have some fun, so he isn't going to waste it.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2019
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Judas Luris
left-aligned image
Judas attacked the paperwork with a single-minded unblinkingness that was uncomfortable just watching. Scanning sheets and sheets of notes and testimonies without even requiring a blink. The candles spluttered as their wax melted, but he remained ram rod straight. Moving vast amounts of evidence in a practiced, methodical way. Occasional he would pose a question to the others, and take their answers with a Mmmh or Interesting. But overall he made no attempt to put his thoughts together or present a finished theory.

That is, until he laid out a map of the town and began taking great streaks of ink on it. Marking dozens of spots from a centralized point. "The more I study this case, the more I grow confused. The rumors of demons and imps can be discarded, most are hearsay from second hand witnesses. But we can be sure no one has seen the murderer, or witnessed his crimes. Which is...alarming, considering the brazen nature of their approach. But they are not some shadow beast that can travel across the province in a moment's beat. There is a clear starting point from which their crimes radially spread." He circled a selection of housing and shops. "The first murder was here, A cobbler's infant." This needed to be investigated, examined. The murders became so localized, it was absurd. "Any investigation should begin here." He raised an eyebrow as Alexis made his comments. He had immediatly been struck by the sheer size and ignorance of the man. If he had a dozen copies of the brute, he could forge the finest policing cadre that Delementeu had ever seen.

"You may call me Judas, Mi'lady. If it makes it easier to alert me. But I do not think our night is over." Alexis was already running, but Judas did not chase after him. "Your ah...traveling companion has caught something. I find it prudent to act in the moment, when the moment calls for it. We should circle around, and be a trap for his hunting-dog minded intent. Hurry now, there's no time to waste!" And if Alexis would take the straight away, then Judas would circle around. Map of the streets clutched in hand.
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.

Last edited by Casino Jack; 04-08-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-09-2017, 12:59 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 12326
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,185
Raven
left-aligned image
Raven would have been more subtle in her approach of the shadowy figure in hopes of possibly following it or learning before worry about chasing after it full on but when the bestial instincts of Alexis took hold there was no time to waste. He was already moving and her reflexes were up to the task so as Judas suggested a round about approach to perhaps trap the shadowy figure, Raven ducked to teh side and gave it a shot if there was such a path otherwise she was hot on Alexis's heels.
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 27488
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
A trail in the darkness...
The group... well most of them... poured over the documents and the extensive records that the magistrates in this town had kept on this matter. The records were extensive but for all of the information, there was surprisingly little evidence. Based on the records, Judas, practiced in these matters, looked over the grouping over time and parsing them to discern some sort of pattern. At long last the only pattern he could find was that the initial murders all occurred in the same district of the township... in the area of the town that centered around the "entertainment" district, taverns, and the like. It was a part of town aptly named the Bullet 11"Silk District" The first killing was in the house of a cobbler... the cobbler's toddler son. There was no sign of forced entry or any evidence that anyone else besides the boy and his family had been in the house. After a few months, the killings spread and then occurred in seemingly random and dispersed locations. The next group of murders occurring across town in the Bullet 3Jade District and yet another in the next in the middle of Bullet 6Bawd District. After these clusters, the murders then became scattered throughout the city over time. The only link was the manner of death... all without violence, blood, and death of being drained of vitality.

Some of the reports had stories or fantastical dark creatures that were sighted as being responsible while others tell of demons and others tell of vengeful spirits. So many of supernatural stories are contained that it is impossible to discern if it was indeed one. Judas is quick to point this out and equally quick in dismissing it... in his mind all of the rational possibilities were not exhausted yet.

It was then that some of the party noticed a figure in the dark sulking about watching the mansion... or was it observing the party. What was obvious was that as soon as Alexis burst through the door into the courtyard in pursuit. The figure did not linger and it disappeared like the shadow with the commotion that it detected coming for it. However, for those circling around the moved stealthily around... it was difficult to tell whether their attempts at stealth was successful or not since the figure was no longer in his original position. Still as they came upon the site, for those whose senses were keen and trained for such things would pick up the tracks and signs of disturbances of the mysterious figure.

Perhaps this was to be their first break... never had a trace or trail been left in incidents before.

OODMI have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments
you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.

DC of the Survival Check to track the shadowy figure is the Stealth Check.
Dice Stealth Check:
1d20+12 (17)+12 Total = 29


Onward! I guess he really is a ninja....
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 04-09-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,857
First Alexis and then the others take off after...what? Or who? Val had seen nothing beforehand. Even though she had no idea why, the Cleric wanted to stay with her people. Her people. It sounded as if they were lifelong friend when in fact they had met just a short time ago. Till it had become her job to protect them; it was what Torag would want.

Val broke into a run after Alexis. The inquisitor had gone a different way, something about circling around. But he was not 'her people', at least not yet. Her though was he may become that as they had agreed to work together. For now, her focus was the hunter and so she ran trying to just keep up with him.

 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:46 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,043
Kallev LittletonKallev watched as Alexis took off running with Val in tow. She shook her head slightly as she had no idea why he was really running. Kallev didn't want to take off flying after him, as that would really go over well with the people there. Nor was she about to run after them on foot. Instead, she whispered, May the gods protect you as you give chase my friend. and she places a 'Ward (Su)
Effect: The warded creature receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws. This ward lasts until the warded creature is hit or fails a saving throw. A witch knows when a warded creature is no longer protected. A witch can have only one ward active at a time. If the witch uses this ability again, the previous ward immediately ends.
ward' hex on Alexis as he runs away.

She then looks at the others, wondering who's all going to give chase to something they didn't see or if they just wait for their friends return.

OOC: Basically watch and put a ward hex on Alexis as they go running off...

 

Last edited by kaylara; 04-11-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-13-2017, 12:56 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Complications to Complications The Hunt is not a concept that rings particularly strong to Alexis. Unlike what many locals think, Alexis has about as much interest in hunting as the average person does in streaking through the nice part of town while covered in tar and brightly-coloured feathers. Alexis does,however, happily indulge in anything that will help him to alleviate boredom. Alexi also does not like to lose.

As soon as the mysterious figure vanishes from sight, Alexis approves of where this is going. Perhaps they had only run because he had decided to chase them. Maybe. Maybe. But Alexis would not let shadows of evil escape his sight. Err, in a manner of speaking. He can't do much about his eyesight-- it is no better or worse than a man's, but Alexis has a heritage of wild savagery to invoke, and the predators of Alexis' bloodline are as eager to find victory as Alexis is.

Giving himself over to his boiling blood is appallingly easy; there is a minor ache as his body cracks, snaps, and alters its form into something bestial and savage, obviously neither man nor animal and wholly monstrous-- the horns and spikes springing violently from the vaguely feline do nothing to detract from Alexis' savage nature.

The Alexis-Beast arrives at the place the figure had been watching from; he breathes deeply, inhaling the nearby scents and seeking that which stands out, that which belongs to an other for him to chase and pursue. Despite his savage appearance, Alexis hasn't particularly thought about what he would do upon catching his intended quarry.


OOC
Alexis is going to enter Rage as a Free Action, choosing the Hybrid form. This results in a speed of 50 (Tiger base is 40 plus 10 from Fast Movement) and gaining Scent. He's got 15 rounds (~2.5 minutes) of Scent that he is fully willing to use.

Scent can be used to track creatures starting at DC 10, so a 16 Survival should be enough to follow by Scent, barring other considerations.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2019
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Judas Luris
left-aligned image
Judas had circled and cut through two side streets, and unfortunately found no running shadow to abruptly stop. No mysterious figure or even a ne'er do-well to accost. Had the large man simply imagined he saw something? Honestly he was too simple for that. The minds of the ignorant were not suited for flights of fancy. If Alexis believed he saw something, than the giant must have seen something. Even if it was just a stray rifling through the trash on the street.

"Whatever our mysterious watcher was, he did not travel the way I-" And then he arrived just in time to see a monster emerge from the darkness. Hideous, inhuman, and monstrous in every single way. "By the dawn's light! What is that?!" And Judas drew his blade, which made a curiously soft sound as it was released from the hanging strap. As if that razor's edge was cutting through the air so deftly it made it whisper. He entered a stance, challenging the beast in the darkness and waiting for what was assuredly an assault coming.


OOCJudas will come across the shifted Alexis and...be quite startled. Drawing his blade as a move action and preparing an action to strike.
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.

Last edited by Casino Jack; 04-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,857
As Alexis ran and Val did what she could to keep up, the shifter shifted. While his new form was not pleasing to the eye, the cleric assumed it would help in in their pursuit of... what were they chasing again? He began to move further away from here when out of nowhere came Judas...

Quote:
... "By the dawn's light! What is that?!"
Seeing the Magus draw a blade, Val moved herself to be between him and Alexis... “NO! It is Alexis. He has this... ability.” Val tries to explain in very few words. If nothing else she hoped it would allow the Hunter to continue to chase their prey without being stabbed in the back.

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.

Last edited by Digorig; 04-14-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-15-2017, 03:04 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 12326
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,185
Raven
left-aligned image
The shadows and mists were as good a concealer as any, but it wasn't just things that go bump in the night that they hid but also the dark marks on our very souls. There has always been something off about Alexs, something not quite right but any stretch of the imagination, and Raven wasn't entirely sure he was good at heart given events in that burned out orphanage but in this plane she is hesitant to judge what morals are right or wrong. So when she came upon the spot and saw what had been Alexis, based upon the few items that she recognized, and his new form that he had taken upon himself she couldn't help but feel pangs of fear mixed with regret within for the beast that had been inside was more clearly displayed for all to see. Will my own demons haunt me in such a fashion, but more importantly is Alexis losing his own grip on himself.

Val sought to intercede which was the right choice for she had seen the shadowy figure waiting in the darkness, and if Alexis had a chance to bring him forth or find him than she hoped he could so that they may put some of this madness o rest. Tentatively she approached the Alexis. "Alexis can you find the shadows trail?"
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-17-2017, 01:12 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 27488
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
Of Men and Beasts...
"Curses... it sees us... they sees us! We must not let them find us... the Master will already be angry with us! Now they will be looking... looking for the knife in the darkness..."

"Then we fight... kill!"

"Patience... the time is not come... we wait like the Master has commanded."


So with all of the subtlety that the beast man could muster Alexis barrels through the brush and the halls of the house after the shapes in the shadows. The shape wasted no time melting away into the darkness and with a stealth that many mortal men would not have been able to follow. Ephram rushed out behind the beast man, sprinting with his sword, but with no time to don his armor to keep up with the headstrong and swift Alexis. Ephram only had his sword as his defense as he struggled to make out anything in the shadows. Kallev had managed to weave a warding hex on the passing Alexis... and a shimmering symbol appeared then faded as the ward took hold. However, her gesture had drawn the attention of the servants that had been drawn to the scene and the commotion. No words were spoken, but the fearful expression in their eyes spoke volumes.
right-aligned image


"A witch!"

"I saw her throw a hex upon that beastly man... with my own eyes!"

"I told you see had a look about..."

"The devil's craft... if I ever saw it!"


It was then that Alexis had made it to the location that his quarry once hid. He had lost it... at least with the senses that he possessed now. His quarry was apparently very crafty and skilled at making itself scarce... and had he not been so stubborn, Alexis may have dismissed this as a figment of his bored imagination, so undisturbed and without trace the place was. But Alexis was that stubborn... and he did not like to lose. There was a small part of Alexis that rebelled against the present course.. a part that told him to reconsider. Unfortunately, that part was very small and it did not hold enough to sway his... other... side.

So Alexis relaxed and the beast he kept in check... he allowed it to burst free as his features and his muscle flowed freely and bones elongated and fused into a new and monstrous shape. Alexis sniffed into the air and inhaled deeply... so many scents... so many aromas... foods... wine... fear... then there it was. The scent that was not like the others. It had to be his quarry.

Quote:
"By the dawn's light! What is that?!"
The shout had come from Judas as he witnessed Alexis transformation into a dark and infernal beast. Every fiber of his being and his experience screamed in warning inside of him. Judas had been trained and had experience with some of the darker things in the world. A feeling of danger and the hint of fear clenched his belly, but it had no hold on him. Instead, the black blade of his family found its way into his hands. The comfort of its power steadied Judas' and his mind tried to make sense of the scene in front him. He did not have much time to before the Duke's guardsman and servants also witnessed the scene. They did not take it nearly as well as Judas did.

Not well at all.

"A demon! A demon in the Duke's grounds...!

"Call to arms... call to arms... call to arms!"

"I knew it... the witch bedeviled him! I told you she used the devil's craft... there can be no doubt!"


Val and Raven tried initially to calm down the concerns of Judas and tried to reveal that the transformed beast was Alexis and that their friend was in control. They tried their best to be convincing... but somewhere deep inside they also had a kernel of a doubt. Was there friend truly in charge... or had the dark powers taken their friend's mind and soul? If looks were deceiving... it was going to take some convincing of those gathering in increasing numbers as shouts of alarm sounded throughout the mansion.

The sounds were not happy... and Alexis could smell the weighty stench of fear.

OODMI have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 04-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-17-2017, 08:12 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,043
Kallev LittletonKallev looked over at the people calling her a witch. Oh my a ward? Are you sure? Only another witch or warlock could know such things. I merely wished him well, not my fault his armor twinkled in the light, its steel after all. she glared at the man, calling him a warlock for having the knowledge of witchcraft while trying to
Dice Diplomacy:
d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
diplomatically alter the mood.

Afterwards, she waited to see if he comes back soon. However, she will know if he is in trouble because her ward would end.

 
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,857
Judas, Alexis and the others were now on their own to find whatever they had seen. Val could be of no help; she could not track and had no idea what or who they were even looking for. But the crowd was getting thicker and those present were becoming, well, dangerous. What they needed was to be distracted so the others could continue the hunt.

Giving Judas a positive nod, Val moved to a position between he, Alexis and the crowd, closer to Kallev. She wanted the groups attention on her, not on the others.

“Good People”

Val yelled loudly at the gathering.

“Listen to me and I will explain”

she continued. The Cleric would only lower her voice once she had their attention. “You know there exists evil, but also good. My friends here are not demons, I assure you. AND I shall prove it to you now. I see you are an intelligent people and you know that Demons and Devils are of the dark, of shadows. But good is of the light; so observe here.”

Val reached out her arm towards the group, palm up and open, spoke a few words and a bright light formed in her palm. It glowed brighter than a torch, flickering in her hand.

“You see, evil cannot call forth light, only good can and behold the light I carry. Please go back about your business knowing all is well here” she implored the gathering.

Seeing that she was not doing well, Val tried to recall some story that she may have heard in her time here. Anything that she could use to try and quiet the people.

 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.

Last edited by Digorig; 04-18-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Not One for Wasted Words
Alexis inhales deeply. So many scents he knows intimately, but now they are sharper, richer, more pure. His memory overlays what he remembers of the past with what he is now capable of. He grimaces when he realizes that his sense of smell will give him a significant insight into the last meal of his next opponent. Dying creatures are rarely so polite as to not void the contents of their digestive tracts in their death throes, sadly.

But that is a minor quibble, truly. Alexis is far more interested in using his newfound powers for stupid practical jokes and alleviating his boredom-- he isn't quite sure if he's actually chasing something interesting or useful. Alexis simply knows that this is interesting, so he plans to keep on doing it until it stops being so. Given how much exertion it takes to maintain the harmony of his current nature, he isn't entirely sure how long this is going to last.

Quote:
"By the dawn's light! What is that?!"
"PLanT-jUDas looK-sEEs alEXis."

The noise that emerges from Alexis' spiky maw sounds like a pile of nails being raked against glass. While the noise is clearly understandable as coherent words, it is marred by an inorganic gnashing noise lining its edges. Alexis tosses his monstrous head back and forth in what might vaguely be interpreted as an amused eye-roll. The unsettling, rhythmic echoes of rusty metal grinding against stone might generously be called a 'chuckle'.

"alExIS FInd-sMeLls sHaDOw-OTheR. pLaNT-juDAs fASt-RuNS ALeXiS-quICk, yEs?"

Uninterested, unconcerned, or possibly even unaware of the growing mob and the panicked cries of seemingly innocent townsfolk, Alexis sets himself to this new, unknown scent.

While in close proximity, it is clear that the spikes and blades jutting from his body are not for show. Every shifting muscles unleashes the abhorrent sound of tortured flesh raging against rusty iron. Alexis himself shows no reaction to the viscerally abhorrent body-horror he is seemingly enduring.

.Instead, he shows a simpleton's dedication to his task-- this new, unusual scent. It intrigues him, beckons him in a way that only a creature of innate curiosity finds interesting. Whether the rest of his associates can keep up is of little important. Be that as it may, Alexis may require Judas-Plant's assistance at the conclusion of this chase... but that is on the Silver Flame if he proves inadequate.

OOC
Alexis is going to avoid getting bogged down with squishy, frightful civilians (many of which would probably do more harm to themselves if they attacked Alexis) and simply charge off after this mysterious force. Lemmie know if any checks are required.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:42 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 12326
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,185
Raven
left-aligned image
They had no leads on the mysterious deaths and the shadow figure might be the only solution to that problem, the fact that Alexis took on the form of some nightmarish monstrosity would have to be a discussion for another point in time as for now there were lives to save. Looking from the transformed Alexis to the newly introduced inquisitor, Raven isn't exactly sure what to say to appease the man's instinctive fear at what he is seeing and she can only hope that the man will trust them to lead the way. "Judas we can discuss this later for now we have a lead to follow or their will be more deaths on your hands."

Not sure what else to do or say she turns to Alexis and smiles, while praying internally that this doesn't come back to haunt them later. "Find the shadow Alexis, lead the way!"

Raven will follow in pursuit of Alexis after the shadow with her coiled spiked chain close at hand for whatever is to come.
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB