RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-01-2019
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Judas Luris
left-aligned image
Rarely did Judas take time to regret his actions. When mistakes were made, the man strived to correct them instead of living in the immutable past. In his line of work, there simply wasn't time. But right now he just had to...take a moment. They had been vetoed by the Duke, and he was prepared for oddities. They were after all foreigners and foreigners were disgustingly odd.

But this...this behavior was almost worthy of his own attention as an Inquisitor! The rampant use of magic, the disregard of Law, the beast that one of them had turned into. If he hadn't already given his word he would have to start court against these fools and strangers. The man took a moment to settle himself, glaring with a gaze that would make many tremble. Fingers gripping tightly that black blade as Raven tried to calm the turmoil that was hidden in his steely presence. "You are making it incredibly difficult to perform my duties, there must be words after. But you are fundamentally correct." He whispered to the one level headed member of this band. He strolled into action then, grabbing Val's wrist and wrenching the golden-lit hand down. "Put that out unless you want to start a lynch mob." He whispered at her, before turning to the crowd.

"As a High Inquisitor, and Executioner of the Queen's Court. These individuals are already in MY custody." He addressed the crowd with all the oration of a judge knowing his full authority. "This gathered presence is unwanted, and if it continues will be seen as a disruption of the land's justice. Disperse at once. My only warning." And for an Inquisitor, that was a kind one!


OOC Rolled an Intimidate check, but rather low. But would a bonus apply to it for use of my title? You'd have to be mad to disobey an Inquisitor's direct order.
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,453
Darkness Calling...
The situation was on the brink... even in the relative tolerant atmosphere of the Duke, the appearance of Alexis in his beast mode was taxing... very taxing. But the companions seemed bent on testing the limits of that tolerance, even as Alexis thankfully padded off swiftly in pursuit of the scent he had picked up. The tension in the air was palpable. The situation was obviously bad... and it was getting worse by the moment as the alarm spread through the house as the frantic cries of witchcraft and dark creatures rang through the night. Panic was like a wildfire. Once the spark had taken hold it roared and grew rampantly out of control, consuming rationality and obliterating reason as much as a fire would in the physical world. Yet more fuel was added to the flame... literally as both Kallev and Val openly demonstrate magic in plain view, even as they tried desperately calm the frantic mob, their effort only inflaming the panic.

First, Kallev nonchalantly tries to play off the magical hex she placed on Alexis. Her words rang hollow, even to her, as she tried to play off the phenomenon. The people only looked upon her as if she was trying to bewitch them with her words. So wisely, Kallev decides to move from the household and in the relative safety of familiar faces of her companions. Then it was Val's turn to add another log to the fire as she summons a golden globe of pure sunlight... in the middle of the night. Though she intended the gesture to show the purity of the group's intentions and character, the people looked around even more fearfully as night suddenly turned to day at the behest of the stranger. While Val had not raised any apprehensions as Alexis and her sister aasimar, Kallev, had, but they now looked upon the woman with a mixture of hope and fear.

Just as things appeared to spiral completely out of control, Judas steps in. His experience with dark things and magic allowed him to hang onto his senses while those in the manor lost theirs. And with the help of Raven's calm words, Judas fends of the instinctual urge to bring the dark creature that Alexis had become and those consorting with unknown and unregulated magic to his brand of justice. His instinct warred with the voice of reason... and augmented by Raven's voice he staves off succumbing to his own apprehension. With a firm voice he addresses the group, invoking the power of his office to the assembling and growing mob that was forming outside. The respect... or perhaps fear... of Judas' institution stays them for the time being, but even that does not seem sufficient to keep the mob at bay for too much longer.

"Everyone, do as the High Inquisitor has instructed! It is for your own protection!" The firm baritone voice of the Duke came and washing over the crowd. Both the authority of the Inquisitor and Duke seemed to be sufficient to convince the crowd to disperse and return to the interior of the mansion. While the immediate situation appeared resolved, the aftershock of the night would be felt in the township for a long time after. "We have the situation at hand... Justice will be served. Return now to the safety of the manor."

"No need for threats, Inquisitor Luris... what this situation warrants is a little less fear and more assurance. The thread holding the terror back stands on the edge of a knife." The Duke turned to say to Judas as he snapped off some orders to his guards to help get the people back into the manor. "I trust that you will do what must be done... but you and I both know the mess waiting for us in the morning if we do not handle this appropriately. Find me something to assure the people with... or there will likely be more innocent blood spilled. Fear and panic drives even the most innocent to do... regrettable... things."

Alexis moves through the streets with the scent of the figure in his nostrils... until something unusual happens. The scent splits. It appears that the trail splits three ways. One heads to the Pin 3north of the town, the other bisecting the Pin 4middle of the town, and the third scent seems to head towards the Pin 7dock area. The scent heading to the docks appears to be stronger of the three scents... what that meant is not known to Alexis. It could mean a bigger adversary, more familiar, or simply that the personal hygiene of that creature was not as good as the others. Alexis could hear the others pad behind him in pursuit as Ephram and Raven are the first to reach him where the scent had split up.

OODMI have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,078
Kallev LittletonKallev gave Judas a nod of thanks as she covers herself with her cloak and stays behind him. Remind me not to get on you're bad side. she comments softly to him with a smile.

Suppose we follow after them? as she looks off where the others ran chasing something. Then while trying to keep a low profile, she followed along with Judas and Val as they slowly caught up to the others.

OOC: Basically, start following after the others unless something else happens lol.. im sure they have some time before we catch up.

 
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,209
Raven
left-aligned image
There is always so much distrust in this world and every world it seems like, all because someone is different. Raven couldn't help but have some reflection on such events, and while it may be normal to fear what one does not understand, it doesn't make it any easier to witness first hand. She continues to follow Alexis as best as her pace can allow but when he stops short with his head going side to side Raven senses there is some type of problem and approaches the beast man. "Did you lose the trail Alexis?"
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-27-2017, 12:52 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
A Less-Than-Guided Tour
Alexis remained completely oblivious to the crowd and the spectacle in his wake. He devoted the entirety of his single-minded focus to the task before him-- chasing down the shadow. The fact that the shadow-thing had proven quite exceptional at sneaking and evading told Alexis all he needed to know: that he was finally having some fun!

A tiny part of his brain was concerned that he was going to have chased down some drunkard who got lost stumbling out of a tavern. Luckily, this shadow jumped when Alexis jumped at it, meaning that good things were happening, yes! There were no riots, or lynchings, or displeasure of any sort! Alexis was simply taking his long-awaited opportunity to run through the city and stretch his legs, yes! That his legs get to be stretched while chasing something fast is a very welcome bonus! Now Alexis has reason to try and avoid legal adult supervision! Which he is apparently succeeding quite well at, as it seems that the scents of the responsible members of society are no longer detectable to Alexis' keen-- and wet-- nostrils.

But then Alexis' brain becomes addled, and he skids to a halt. His quarry splits into thirds.

*SniffSniff* *SNIFF*

No, not thirds. Some fraction that is far too complicated for Alexis to quantify. So he instead mentally tags them as 'small path', 'small path', and 'big path'.

"Did you lose the trail, Alexis?"

Alexis doesn't turn to respond. He merely hesitates long enough to give a coherent answer.

"SMeLL-pATh mOve-SPLitS," Alexis vaguely gestures to the other directions-- those which he dubbed the 'small paths'. He doesn't have time to think about which path is the most likely to lead to success. To think about whether or not the obvious path might lead to a trap-- Alexis isn't particularly prone to thinking, after all, so he simply opts for the path that makes the most sense to his instincts-- the stronger-smelling path should be the one most recently used-- or most often used.

Plus, docks mean fish, and fish is good eating. All this running is beginning to make him feel a little hungry.

"ALeXis rUn-CHaseS STronG-SCenT shADoW-TrAIl."

Wasting no more time, lest his quarry gain enough ground to set a proper trap (assuming this isn't one), Alexis runs after the stronger-smelling path, heading towards the Tide District's docks. It is likely difficult to tell given his bestial form, but studious examination of Alexis' movements seems to indicate that he is having a wonderfully grand time right about now... even domesticated animals get bored with being locked up for days on end. Should it be any surprise that Alexis, of all people, would be this troublesome given an excuse to romp haphazardly through the city at full sprint?

It really shouldn't.

OOC
Onward to Pin 7! Gotta stay one step ahead of the inevitable lynch mob!
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-01-2019
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Judas Luris
left-aligned image
The presence of their lord was the final weight to shift the scales of the Staff, making them scatter and disappear. The older man gave a testing sigh, rubbing two fingers against a temple. This night would try him as a man and as an Inquisitor. Already tired and stern eyes beheld the Duke, judging him.

"Mi'lord, both you and I have taken on responsibilities that the morning will behold us to." He gave a single glance towards the fools they had involved themselves in. These strange people with stranger lives. "And we will stand with that judgement no matter it's conclusion. But interfering with an Inquisitor is a grave offense, and fear is no excuse to commit such a felonious act. If your people take the law into their own hands, I will be forced to act." And then enough time had been wasted dealing out notices. The brute Alexis was already on the move again. Admittedly Judas had used plenty of hounds in his cases before.

None like so.

"Stick to the dark alleys...Alexis. We can't be causing a scene during this chase. It will divert our attentions." And for once there was a soft, almost smirk on those lips for a moment at Kallev's comment, right before he took off after the beast. For all intents looking like he was chasing it down, and not following it. "Keep that in mind, Mi'lady. Keep that in mind."
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,870
The Cleric let out an audible sigh as she closed her glowing palm and withdrew it into her tunic, hiding it from sight. Val was beside herself that she could do nothing right it seemed. She had to trust that this inquisitor and the Duke knew the people much better than she did. Deciding that there was nothing else she could do, Val left.

She headed after the faster Alexis as best she could. While he was faster than her, his new form and her glowing hand made him faritly easy to follow. But then he stopped for some reason.

Quote:
"ALeXis rUn-CHaseS STronG-SCenT shADoW-TrAIl."
Well, that was fine with Val. She had no ability to track this – whatever they were following. When he went off in a new direction, Val just followed along. At least she was putting distance between her and the rowdy gathering.


 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,453
A Chase to the Finish...
Quote:
"And we will stand with that judgement no matter it's conclusion. But interfering with an Inquisitor is a grave offense, and fear is no excuse to commit such a felonious act. If your people take the law into their own hands, I will be forced to act."
"Which is why, it is imperative... Inquisitor... that we do not add to that fear lest we become accessories to inciting such acts." The Duke warns coldly to the threat upon his people by the Inquisitor, veiled or otherwise. It is clear that the Duke does not take kindly to the threat upon his people and that by doing has offended the noble deeply. "Shall I remind you, Inquisitor... while the law provides you authority it also binds you and there are limits, as you well know."

So the entourage of heroes sprints out of the manor of the Duke in hot pursuit of whatever shadowy creatures had been hiding and watching. Alexis picking up the scent of the fleeing quarry rushes off towards the docks in hot pursuit. Luckily, due to the time of night there are not that many people out and about... which for those that had been born and raised in the lands understand... it taught that it is unwise to wander in the streets outside so late. Those that fail to heed such lessons in these lands end up snatched away some dark things to meet some unspeakable end. Only the very foolhardy or brave dares to venture so daringly into the dark bowels of the city. But rush they did, full sprint in order to keep up with their quarry for five long minutes through the winding alleys and hilly streets of Hofstra. Alexis also found himself pushing himself to his full speed in order to not lose the scent of his quarry... and no fault of his own he was swiftly outdistancing his friends and soon they lost sight of him, though they could hear his guttural and raspy words, as they spoke in their sing-song way. If he waited for his, Alexis would lose the scent of his quarry. If he did not, Alexis would be alone against his dark quarry... against who knew what lurked in the dark.

OODM:Everyone with movement speed of 30 or less, roll a DC 18 CON check or become fatigued.
Alexis or anyone with the Run/Endurance FEAT makes the check at DC 12 CON check. Regardless, Alexis has at this point outdistanced himself even those that make their checks, due to his superior movement rate and even they have currently no longer have visual contact. It would require, Alexis to remain stationary for 1 round for them to regain visual contact and 2 more rounds for them to catch up to his location. For those that become fatigued, Alexis would have to wait at least 5 rounds stationary for them catch up to visual range and 10 rounds for them to make it to his position. If Alexis continues on, he will outdistance the group further. Initial Survival DC to follow and find Alexis, if Alexis chooses to stop movement immediately is 10. If he continues on without pausing now then the DC increases to 18. Every subsequent round of running adds +2 DC for every round unless Alexis stops to wait. Every round Alexis is stationary decreases current Survival Check DC -2 for someone in the group to find him.




OODMI have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-02-2017, 09:26 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,078
Kallev LittletonKallev moved along with Val and Judas. Somehow they caught up to the rest of the part fairly easily and Kallev felt light as a feather. But she knew, if they kept on running, they would tire fast. Kallev was small and frail, running for long periods or strenuous exercise just wasn't her forte. There was no way she would be able to catch up to Alexis unless she use her flying ability. With them being in town, the last thing Kallev needs is the people to catch her flying thru the air.

Kallev sighed as it looked like Alexis was far far ahead. He moved faster than anyone else. It was a pity she didn't have her horse. She took a look over at Val and the others. Well, there's no way I can catch him without, some aid. she smiled and refrained from saying magic. At least we learned a bit more about the assailant. Stealthy, fast and enduring. she grinned with a lewd thought for a moment. Anyways, shall we continue walking after him? Perhaps he will stop eventually... she wondered if they should continue pursuit or just meet him back at the manor.

 
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,209
Raven
left-aligned image
It isn't long before Raven loses sight of Alexis as he takes off after the scent he had chosen to follow, for she was unable to match his pace and the toll of the running was starting to sap the energy from her. Finally she caved in and stopped the chase to catch her breath before trying to locate any sign of Alexis's passage in hopes of eventually catching up to him in case he was going to bite off more than he could chew. "We should try and find him if we can, who knows what that shadow form was about but its the only lead that we have to go on and Alexis doesn't strike me as the type to ask enough questions that might be useful to us."
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,870
"Alexis, wait for us" Val yelled but the Hunter was already out of sight. She stopped and leaned forward, putting both hands on both legs as she tried to catch her breath. “This is not working” she said to herself. It was at that instant that a thought occurred to the Cleric. She spoke some few words and immediately her stamina was returned. The woman broke off into a run, doing her best to continue to follow Alexis.

 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Not Enough Bones to Share
Alexis stopped, stared. Blinked.

What?

Conflicting thoughts run rampant through his mind-- then a challenge is delivered. Up until this point, Alexis was seeking some freedom from his boredom. He has most definitely found that. But he has also found something else, and his simplistic view of the world is making it very hard for him to figure out what that "it" is or how he feels about "it".

But a challenge, be it in levity or mortal seriousness, is not something that Alexis has, or intends to, ever backed down from. Despite the heaviness of his new body, Alexis trudges on, driven by something incoherent and inarticulate.


OOC
Naturally, Alexis continues running, because Alexis does not care about being tired.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,453
Out of the Frying Pan...

right-aligned image
The group runs close behind the running Alexis, struggling to keep up with the enhancement movement of their transformed friend, but even those that were able to catch their breaths and maintain the sprint could not keep up with Alexis. Eventually, the party had to stop... and to pause to catch their breaths as their muscles burned with fatigue and they gasped air to their oxygen starved limbs.

Val was the first to use her magic to restore her vitality to continue the chase, but even as her energy returned... she could see that the others would need to rest a bit else they would strung out piecemeal... Getting lost and separated at night in an unfamiliar city held very little appeal to even the off-worlders. They had seen too many horrors already to trust that nothing lurked in the dark. Perhaps it was this sensing that Raven was the first to notice something. Perhaps it was her own connection to darkness that did. Or perhaps it was her training as an inquisitor... to have eye out for such things that lurk in the stygian darkness. Or perhaps even more simply it was sheer luck.

Whatever it was, Raven instincts and reflexes kicked into action as she stopped short just as she noticed something stir in the darkness and a fraction of a second a rather nasty looking spear emerged from the darkness aimed for Raven's heart. She had stopped just in time and the spear only caught cloth and bounced off her armor. And from the shadows emerged a snarling form... it was roughly humanoid and it had a head of demented wolf and it had soldier's raiments and clad in armor. It also bore a shield that had a very familiar symbol. The one that the party had experienced first hand and that Luris had seen in countless military reports.

It was the symbol of the Black Wolves.

Raven and Ephram who was nearby raised the alarm and alerted the others. The assailant from the dark had also done the same as it howled like the animal of their namesake and several more shapes emerged from the darkness. They were all similarly armed as the first Black Wolf with a shield and spear, but they could also see stout slashing sword at the creature's belt as a secondary weapon. Two the Wolves that were in the distance, bore shortbows within each was nocked a wicked looking ebony arrow.

"Arrogant humans... have you not been taught that to wander the nights is to court death?" One of the Wolves growled at the party in disturbingly human voice as it laughed. "Perhaps it is time you learn that lesson again."

"Inqusitor, our quarrel is not with you... while nothing would please us more than to send the head of an Inquisitor back her royal highness, we offer you mercy and the chance to run back to your sanctuary." Another of the frontline Wolves taunted as it motioned. "That or you can die right here this night. The Master has only asked us to bring our lost brother back to the fold and the heads of these betrayers, but we will gladly includes yours, if you gives us reason."

Of Alexis there was no sign.

And Along Came Alexis...The creature only raised one of its lupine like brows at the guttral sounds that came from the throat of Alexis. Alexis could not tell, but it almost seemed as if the creature was smiling. At him. They ran faster and in a dead heat. Even the burning pain of fatigue ridden muscle did not deter the single minded shifter as he continued his chase.... it was this or read... pretend to read... those books. Who was he kidding, he was hiding the fact he was sleeping. He never got along with books.

After a few more minutes of running, Alexis found himself at the outskirts of the town, and Push Pin 8there near the empty shed on the outskirts of town, they stopped.

"Welcome, brother... You have chosen wisely to leave your false companions behind... all of them are false betrayers, brother." His quarry said to him. Even as the wolf spoke Alexis could sense other shapes emerging from the woodline. From his quick count there were at least three others. " They may tolerate you now because they may need your talents... because you can fight for them. But when they don't... when you have ceased to be useful to them... they will turn on you and cast you out. No matter what you have done for them, you will always be a monster to them. The humans are only as good as the world allows them to be... their morals, their civilization is only veneer that is blown away easily in the face of adversity. Even in the face of inevitable death, they will trample and kill one another to cling to another minute of life. "

"Stop fighting for those that will betray you... come with us, brother. With us, you will find a home and a place of honor. You will no longer have to content yourself with the scraps that the humans choose to give you... it will be yours for the taking."

"What say you?"


OODM:Combat! (except Alexis... maybe ) Players have the initiative and each of the squares on the map is a 5 foot spot. Alexis depending on his decision, if he decides to return can take 2 x double moves to make it back to the far west of the city. (It will place you) If he does not, well something else is going to happen.

Alexis is at the edge of town in the north IVO push pin 8 while the party is at the three way intersection sandwiched in between push pin 5 and 7.


OODMI have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 05-11-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-11-2017, 09:48 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
What's Behind Door Number 3?
Alexis was confused. He needed to think. Being tired, hungry, and bored was already a detriment to his mindset. Adding confusion on top of that mix had about the same effect as dumping a flask of oil on a raging inferno. Aside from possibly adding some pretty sparkles, it really wasn't going to alter the result all that greatly.

This was not a time for fighting. Not physically. Which is bad, because Alexis is very, very terrible at the not-violent kinds of fighting. Allowing himself to return to some semblance of... normalcy, if not humanity, is a simple decision to make and enact. He relaxes the reigns over himself, allowing the tired, hungry beast within to settle back into an exhausted slumber. His features shatter back into the original and best form of Alexis. He's probably human-seeming enough to annoy the beasts before him, but still inhuman enough to be anything but or elf, or dwarf, or... you get the ideahuman.

Calmly, casually, Alexis looks for a place to rest his weary body. He won't hesitate to fight to the death if it is needed of him, but he won't rush his words, either. If they all decide to try and murder each other, there is still plenty of time left in the night for that. So why should Alexis squander a chance to take the measure of his maybe-foes? He shouldn't. Which is why he's taking his time and trying to figure out how to best stab someone with words. Inkpens don't count.

Eventually, once Alexis has had the time to catch his breath and calm his pounding heart, he opens his mouth to reply.

__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:02 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,078
Kallev LittletonKallev listens as the new arrivals perform their introductions. Moving up close behind Val, Kallev looks out to the main three, Now you've gone and gotten involved with Littleton business, tonight is not your night. she comments with a slightly draconic accent as she's ready to defend her horde she carries.

Then with a few arcane gestures, she adds, Go stick you're nose somewhere else, you stink. and a green mist begins to bellow up from in-between the three of the creatures and flows out 20ft radius and 20' high.

Then she looks at the others, That should hopefully hold them. You can focus on the ones behind us now. and smiled.

OOC:
Free Action: Talk
Movement: Move up, behind Val
Action: Cast: Stinking Cloud (outlined on map) - even if make save, they still can only see 5' as it acts like fog cloud as wellFort Save DC:19

@GeoAvanti - don't forget that Alexis has a hex: Effect: The warded creature receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws. This ward lasts until the warded creature is hit or fails a saving throw. A witch knows when a warded creature is no longer protected. A witch can have only one ward active at a time. If the witch uses this ability again, the previous ward immediately ends. A witch cannot use this ability on herself. At 8th level and 16th level, the bonuses provided by this ward increase by +1.Ward on him still.

 

Last edited by kaylara; 05-12-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB