RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 07-15-2017, 04:43 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,863
Having cast her spell of water upon the fires and seeing nearly no results, The Cleric caught sight of the Wolves trying to carry Kallev away. “NOOOOO!” she yelled and cast a spell on herself before running quickly towards the wolf that had the Sorceress.

OOCGoing to try and grab Kallev but cannot do so this round.


 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:38 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 12391
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,201
Raven
left-aligned image
There attempts to put out the fire were feeble at best, and the sight of the flames awakened memories better left unremembered by Raven as she suddenly felt an intense feeling of fear when she heard the cries of those that might be within. She was frozen though, unable to approach the flames but mesmerized by them as well, her own burns felt hot as if being burned all over again herself. Collapsing to her knees in front of the ever growing inferno she stared at it hopelessly.


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:50 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
An unhappy choice!
Kallev's attempts to rocket away with the heavy Black Wolf was a valiant one, but the weight of the wolf and its unrelenting iron grip held onto her tight and pulled her down despite the persistence of her magic. The Wolves smiled at one another as they dashed away with their unconscious quarry. As they rushed away... Ephram and VAl sprang at the imminent peril that their companion was in and set off in pursuit. Had the Wolves not been burden with their quarry, the pair would have found themselves outdistanced by the Wolves immediately, but at present pace they were able to stay within sight of the pair of Wolves as they dashed away with the unconscious Kallev.


Meanwhile, Raven stood paralyzed in front of the raging inferno as it consumed more and more the dwellings and buildings in the town. She felt the phantom pain and burns of wounds long since healed... she remembered the pain, not just the physical pain, but the mental anguish as she thought of the others that were lost... consumed by the relentless and merciless fire. And devour it did... even in the roar, she could hear voices... voices of those trapped pleading for help from somewhere within... or was this just a figment of her imagination? An echo of memories long thought forgotten... weight of it all was too much for her and Raven crumbled to her knees even as the others dashed by her in pursuit of Kallev's captors.

It was not long after that Judas returned to the scene at the head of a host of the town's garrison, who began the unhappy task of controlling and putting out the flames. Judas snapped quick order to the men as they began the drill of containing the fire. They knew that what was ablaze was beyond their power... it was their task to keep it from spreading any farther. To contain until the fire had consumed everything that it could and as it weaken the men could finish it with the water and the dirt that they had prepared. The flurry of activity surround Raven even as her mind struggled with what to do.

In a place not too far away...Alexis looked on at the blaze in the distance... it was long since he had seen such a blaze. The others in the formation came to a military halt, not to enjoy the sights of the fire, but it appeared to be a pre-planned rally point for the other Wolves to rejoin them. As if on cue, both visual and audio challenges and responses were given to the other Black Wolves returning to the formation and guided into their place in the defensive wedge formation.

In the latest of the arrival, Alexis spotted a familiar face as he trailed one of the Wolves, his inexperience at moving tactically through the woods apparent and in stark contrast to the practiced and trained movements of the Wolves that accompanied him. Dennis crouched near the Wolves, his vision not as acute in the nocturnal conditions as Alexis or the Wolves, he did not notice his newly transformed friend from among the shapes in teh formation. He remained close to this escort, to help him navigate properly through the night.

"Captain, only Garret's team has not returned from the city... we should move to the next rally point and wait for there." One of the lieutenants reported to the Captain. "Garrett is likely doing clean-up and recovering the bodies of the fallen... if he does not make the time there then he knows to return to base camp."

Alexis did admire the military efficiency of these Wolves... it was so unlike the gnolls or goblins he had known in his time. It would be interesting to know what was different in this world that made them this way.


OODM: Decisions... decisions...
Val DC 10 Constitution Check or become fatigued as she pursues the Black Wolves that have Kallev.
Ephram made his. I guess that is the advantage of not having armor!


 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 07-19-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,863
Just barely winded, Val pushed herself and was trying to keep up with the Wolf that had Kallev. It was all the Cleric could do to keep them in her sights. With the fires raging behind them, Val was torn. Save Kallev or the town? But the reality was that there was little one person could do to combat the inferno; one person might be able to save the Sorceress.

"Stop! Let her go!" Val yelled as she ran to keep up.

OOCPost Edit


 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.

Last edited by Digorig; 07-18-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-18-2017, 11:45 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is online now
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
Kallev LittletonKallev's mind entered a dreamlike state as she was being carried away. Her lithe limp body dangling helplessly over the wolfs shoulder as they make their way further and further from her companions.



 

Last edited by kaylara; 07-18-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-21-2017, 01:49 AM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
And the Bottom Dropped Out
Alexis admired the fire in the distance. It did not strike him that there were probably innocent humans dying in a blaze of that magnitude. Rather, it amused him that such a show was proof enough that the Wolves were not so powerful as they thought. They had clearly encountered a spot of bother.

They fancied themselves as the side of justice, certainly, but Alexis was beginning to suspect that he and his friends represented a very clear and obvious danger. Perhaps this ploy of theirs was a win-win scenario. Recruit the talent of the enemy or deny the enemy a useful asset. It made sense in its simplicity, even if Alexis rankled at the idea of needing to be "rescued" by anyone from anything.

Which is another reason that he found it easy to respect these wolves. Whatever the truth of the matter was, they had undertaken what they deemed to be a rescue mission for individuals that they could never know-- because Alexis knew for certain that he and Dennis, at least, were both from different worlds to this one. They comported themselves adequately-- better than most pit-fighters that Alexis has seen. But he does idly wonder how they would compare to Kallev-Pretty's money-soldiers. Would any of these Wolves have survived the House-Monster?

Alexis continues to watch the fire while the group waits, gathering more of their returning patrols. He has never served in an army, but even he can recognize the drill discipline of these wolves. The goblins played at it, in a way that reeked of learning by painful example. These wolves, far more literal in their moniker, seemed genuine in it.

"Captain-Wolf," Alexis said politely, clearly not knowing the difference between a name and a rank. "Alexis appreciates the move-manners of this wolf-pack. Alexis wonders how wolf-pack train-learned, and who fought-trained." It was a matter of genuine curiosity-- not any attempt to ingratiate himself to his hosts at all. Alexis would gladly attempt to tear throats out if he felt directly threatened. But his attention is beginning to wander, and he wants something to focus on.

He quirks a curious eyebrow as he catches sight of Dennis-Friend. Aside from looking a little... charred-- Alexis glances back at the raging fire-- Dennis-friend seemed in fair condition. He hesitates, unsure what he is supposed to do. What should he do? Should he stomp over, tell Dennis-friend that Dennis-friend did the right thing? Should Alexis lie? Say that Alexis wanted bacon more than safety or truth?

...To be fair, if they mentioned bacon, Alexis might have gone with them a lot sooner...

But that still doesn't really inform Alexis on what he should do. Go? Stay? Lie? Hide? Break Faces? Alexis' head hurts when he tries to stop and think about such complexities. So he just does what seems the most natural to him. For better or worse.

"Forgive-excuse Alexis, Captain-Wolf. Dennis-friend smells like under-cooked bacon. Alexis will look-see that Dennis-friend is good-well." Alexis asked for permission, but he clearly would only accept one answer. Not that he had any hidden intentions at this point. He moved to Dennis-friend, favoring the most direct route possible. Alexis fell into step beside his friend and favoured him with that painfully broad smile.

"Dennis-friend has bacon-smell. Alexis say-thinks that Dennis-friend should bathe-clean smell before Alexis feels gut-hunger." He really needs to work on his humour.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
An unhappy choice!
Raven stared into the fire and the phantom pain of the burns paralyzing her mind. The memories cycling with current perceptions and the overwhelming feeling of helplessness of helping those that were trapped inside. Raven knew it was impossible, but she could feel their pain... could feel their terror... and it was too much for her. For what seemed an eternity Raven was trapped in her own personal hell... then someone grabbed her shoulder roughly and she could hear the voice hollering at her. It still seemed so far away... but as her fixed on the source, she recognized the face of the owner of the voice. It was Ephram. He was shaking her and shouting at her.

"...aven! Raven! Snap out of it, woman! This is not the time to give up on me!" Ephram voice came crashing in as Raven's senses returned. "They have Kallev and Val has gone after them... if we don't hustle we will lose them! Now come on!"



Val's valiant and stalwart efforts to save Kallev paid off as she was able to keep enough of a pace to keep the Wolves taking Kallev. Ephram had peeled off to shake Raven out of her reverie and she hoped it would work. Even though her resolve and her faith in Torag was strong, the prospect of facing off alone versus two of the Wolves was not something that she desired. She could tell that the Wolves were heading out the northern part of the town. She could still see Ephram and Raven as they got up and began their pursuit of Val.

In a place not too far away..."My brother... the kaliban have many experienced in the ways of war and combat, just as the humes do. In fact many of those that become kaliban later in their lives, like the master, were taught and trained in the greatest of the hume militaries." The captain said as he indulged Alexis' curiosity. "Ironically, some of us had fought on behalf of the humes and now we find ourselves against them... as a matter of survival. This not the place for history lessons. Once we are behind friendly lines, then the master will reveal and answer all of your questions."

Alexis made his way to the side of Dennis, who in the dark was not immediate in recognizing his friend. His face was tight in obvious anxiety, but resolute. Upon recognizing his friend, relief washed over Dennis face visibly.

"Alexis... Alexis, my friend! I am so glad that you came along... I know that it is now best to leave our friends in such a situation, but the Wolves should leave them be, now that they have us." Alexis said as he saw his friend and smiled at his joke. "They only came here for us... to liberate us from the persecution that would be inevitable in this world. After what I had done... perhaps it is not too far from truth. I have decided to go with these Wolves with the hope that I will find acceptance because I know that I will not find it out... there. "

Dennis looked wistfully at the town in flames with Alexis. Dennis did not sound fully convinced, but also there was a feeling of resignation in the alchemist's voice as he accepted the harshness of the world.


OODM: Onward!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 07-24-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-23-2017, 08:08 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is online now
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
Kalleve body bounced as the wolf continued running away with her.

Last edited by kaylara; 07-24-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,863
Val ran. The Cleric saw no way to catch the wolves, yet she still ran. Her mind was deep in thought. Of the fire. Of Kallev. But the only way to do the impossible is the to believe that they are possible, she thought. So Val ran as hard as she could.

The Cleric yelled at Kallev as she tried to gain on the wolves. “KAY! Wake up!! Kallev!!”

 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.

Last edited by Digorig; 07-24-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-24-2017, 01:46 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Maybe. Maybe...
Alexis grunted in response to Dennis-friend's concerns. In a way, Alexis understood what it meant to be hated and shunned, though he had only recently come even close to a proper understanding of it. He had also long grown accustomed to the loneliness of survival, which is why he always liked making new friends when he could! That he would inevitably need to kill most of them was inevitable, and with an inevitability like that, it seemed far worse to have to kill a complete stranger.

But Alexis understood better than most what it means to have to fight and kill those who are your friends, and he thinks he has made peace with that.

"Alexis think-speaks that Dennis-friend only self-accepts, yes. None who seek-find accept-welcome from others win-find. Alexis live-longed accepting all who seek-find friend. Not-friends did not want Alexis-friend. Friends wanted friends. Dennis-friend is friend because he seek-wants friends, yes."

Alexis had no particular reason to interject his opinion into the matter. Was he trying to be helpful? Was he trying to persuade Dennis-Friend of anything? Even Alexis isn't sure-- it isn't like he thinks through most of what he says. But there is one thing that is abundantly clear in the Shifter's mind. If matters turn out badly, and Alexis ends up on opposite sides of battle with some of his friends, then he will not hold back in the slightest if the time comes to kill them.

As their friend, that is the only proper course of action.

Of course, it still remains to be seen which side of the conflict Alexis will find himself on. He's already somewhat cranky at being treated like a damsel in need of being saved, but, unlike Dennis, Alexis was lured in not with promises of "acceptance" and "understanding", but with promises of "truth", "information", and "bacon".

Alexis is sure that he is not imagining the last one.

He better not be imagining it. If there is no hot, bacon-y deliciousness at the end of this march, then there will be a Reckoning.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 08-01-2017, 05:20 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
An unhappy choice!


left-aligned image
Val ran to catch up to the Wolves that had Kallev and the cleric's determination and stoicism held as she kept pace with the superior quickness of her quarry. Even her belief and determination proved not to be enough as the Wolves began to outdistance her and it appeared that hope was fading even as the Wolves and Kallev began to fade from her view. It was then then a shrill whinny of a horse rang through the air and the thunderous pounding of hooves rumbled through the ground. Val saw it as a mounted man... with both the master and the mount heads aflame... approach the pair of Wolves. It was an eerie unnatural white flame that burned through the night. The sight would have cause most normal people to stop and consider their course, but even this spectral creature did little to dissuade Val from her course... from her trying to ensure the safety of her friend.

Val watches as the rider easily catches up to the Wolves on his supernatural mount and the sounds of fighting... and dying... were as clear as bells in the still of the night. When Val arrived on the scene to see that the two Wolves were dead. One of the Wolves only had his skeleton remaining as if the flesh had been picked clean from the bones and the other... the one that had been carrying Kallev... was missing his head. Val sees that asides from her injuries she had already suffered during battle, Kallev was not harmed. Kallev began to stir from her unconsciousness and opened her eyes as she groggily struggled to her feet.

Kallev awoke to the world again and she was free. The first thing that she notices is the dead body of the Wolf that had been carrying her and the missing head. The second was the blood and the gore that was all over her as a result. Finally, as the grogginess of unconsciousness began to clear, Kallev looked up at her savior. He was dressed in magnificent finery of nobility and his horse was similarly equipped. Everything from his clothes to his jewelry to his weapons were outwardly of the finest craftsmanship and left little to doubt of his status as royalty. Kallev looked upon his face and saw the face of the prince she had been dreaming of since her youth. He looked so gentle... kind... and so handsome. He smiled upon Kallev... her knight in shining armor. Yet there was something that was familiar about the knight, but Kallev could not place what that was.

"My dear princess... I am at thy service. When you need of me again, just call and I shall come to your side." The prince said sweetly and turned to give her a flawless smile to Kallev as he turned his horse about. "It is my duty to watch over you. And perhaps, one day we shall be together... fare thee well, fair Kallev. I go to fulfill thy wishes... I shall save your friends."

With that Kallev's savior... her prince... her knight in shining armor... turn his mount about and rode away into the night.

Raven was away from the flames and finally she roused from her near catatonic state. She was in the darkness and away from the town and she had no recollection of how she had gotten there with exception of a fading memory of Ephram as he had grabbed her and tried to shake her out of her state. He had shouted at her, but his words were muffled and distant in her memory and then the feeling of running... or perhaps stumbling was more accurate... then nothing. Nothing until she awoke in the middle of nowhere in the comfort of the dark... a place she had long since used to find solace. Not too far away, she spotted the familiar shape of Val, who seemed to be running and towards something before pausing as a flaming rider rode past her... now there was a sight you did not see every day.

In a place not too far away..."Ye... Ye... yes of course, ma... my friend." Dennis said warmly as he relaxed at Alexis' encouraging words. It was odd that the alchemist would only start stuttering when he was relaxed. One would think it would be opposite condition, that stressful situations would cause him to stutter. "Th... than... thank you my.. my friend. It... it ... is a comfort to have you with me."

Alexis noticed the creeping mists that began to form around them and it began to curl around his legs and rise. It was an odd sensation. Alexis could hear in the distance the sound of thundering... or it sounded like thundering... of an approaching storm... it was only as it had gotten closer that he recognized it was thundering of hooves. From the sounds of it, it sounded like many, many horses... a whole cavalry troop. Did the town finally muster up enough of their militia to mount a pursuit? It was only to his disappointment that a single rider appeared... but a rider that was unlike any other. He was dressed in fine livery and clothing... nobility was practically written all over this one... the only thing was that he appeared underneath to be a flaming skeleton along with portions of his supernatural horse. It was obviously not a natural flames as it burned with an unnatural blue-white color. It as not until the mist had faded a bit that Alexis realized that he was in the middle of road... in the middle of the forest that had not been their previously... or perhaps it had and Alexis missed it, but he was for certain that their had been no road as they stopped here. There is the sound of battle... a sound that Alexis had come to love so much... and the sounds of pain, fear, and dying. The literal stench of death and fear was palpable as the spectral rider began to slaughter the Black Wolves... reaping through the Black Wolves like wheat on a field. Though the Wolves, to their credit, mounted an organized counterattack... those that could still move that is. Half of the Wolves appeared to be transfixed as if held by some power... likely it was the same power that now held Alexis fast. The rider continued his slaughter and as he Alexis could heard... a chatter... a groan... and clacking sound like teeth chattering together. While he could not turn to see, he could hear them and feel some things pass behind... a great many things that passed behind him. Then it was the smell of raw and exposed flesh and blood... a scent not unfamiliar to Alexis and the sounds of tearing and chewing of flesh. It was then that the rider rode up to Alexis. It's eyeless sockets regarded Alexis silently... although he could not tell from the empty sockets, he could tell that the spectral rider was examining him... studying him. And then suddenly, he pulled away from Alexis and rode away.

A few moments later the mist was gone and so was the road that Alexis was on. Or was the road been a part of his imagining? Well what wasn't his imagination was the carnage around him. Half to fully eaten carcasses were everywhere and many of them were missing their heads. Not just decapitated, but literally missing their heads as if they were taken. And last but not least, Alexis noticed that Dennis-Friend was gone. Dennis' body was not among those devoured or decapitated. While it did not bother him too much, Alexis was alone in the woods now.


OODM: Apologize ahead of time, if this post is not as polished as my others. Onward!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 08-01-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is online now
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
Kallev LittletonKallev slowly woke and quickly moved away from the bloody corpses while redirecting her spell to clean her clothing from the blood and smell. That's when she looked upon her knight for the first time. You, you look familiar. What is you're name knight? Whom shall I call my savior this day? she pondered, but then began to see all the carnage, it looked like a hideous bloodbath. It felt good in a way, but also made her feel off a bit as she couldn't place her hand on it. She wonders the implication of what she's done and hope its all for a better cause.

Afterwards, she looks over at the others as they slowly appear/arrive.

 
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 08-03-2017, 01:14 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 12391
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,201
Raven
left-aligned image
There had been fire, she could still feel the heat sensation across her skin and the pain caused by the fires long ago, but the fire was gone now and was merely a jumble of images flirting through her mind. Instead they were replaced by the comforting darkness of Dou-Bral that she was more used to, finally breaking from her state of unawareness her first sights were of Val and a flaming horseman. The flames were different though, not the fearsome orange and red ones she knew but an eerie white instead, it didn't feel dangerous but left more questions than answers at this point. Either way she got to her feet and moved quickly to join Val and the rest of her companions that she could see in hopes of finding out what had happened, who the horseman was and where were the others.

"What happened, where are the others?"


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
A New Challenger has Appeared
Magic.

It was all Magic. At least as Alexis told himself. The mist, the mystery, it all fit. The Wolves, to their credit, had been unconcerned about the night itself, which was a pleasant change to the whiny, superstitious humans that Alexis has encountered so far. While the bloodbath that happened around him was perhaps proof that the Wolves thought a mite too highly of themselves, there was no denying that what was happening was the result of something far more potent than a mere demon-house.

Alexis wasn't particularly impressed, either. He could have done the same thing, if he needed to.

When the mysterious knight approached Alexis, he smiled at the abomination. This... Green Knight would be a very, very worthy challenge! One that Alexis would happily face right here and right now; his body ached, hurt, and fatigue had long ago set in. Further, he was without armor (though not weapons, arguably), and throwing himself at this unknown figure at this exact moment was stupidly suicidal, not intelligently suicidal.

"Alexis will fight-test dead-knight when next dead-knight meet-sees Alexis." It is hard to tell if Alexis is making an offer or a promise, but there is absolutely no doubt that he wants such a fight, despite his current... difficulties.

And it isn't until the knight has fled that Alexis allows himself the time to observe his surroundings. Carnage. Anger shoots through his body-- bodies everywhere, yet none are his. He is going to kill this strange, deathly knight for this insult, or Alexis is going to die in the process. His anger is even sufficient to overwhelm his concern for Dennis-friend, though he can only assume that the lack of remains means that Dennis-friend and some of the Wolves escaped, it has now left Alexis alone, lost in a dark, and terribly expensive, forest.

Understanding the necessities of survival, Alexis sees to it. First, he sets about the corpses of the slain, salvaging armor, weapons, food, drink, or anything of possible utility, such as climbing kits, bedrolls or tents, marching orders, or maps. Then, after securing his immediate supply, Alexis does the only thing that seems logical, he begins tracking the Knight's tracks, figuring that it had to come or go somewhere. Then he could kill it. Then, if he succeeded, he could try to find Dennis-friend, who was probably with the Wolves.

Well, always look on the bright side, and all that.


OOC
Alexis is going to take a basic count of the dead while he searches (Taking 20Perception 29). He's attempting to determine how many survivors there might have been. Aside from Dennis-friend. And being woefully practical and looting everything of use, favoring a main-weapon, a back-up weapon, a side-weapon, and intact medium armor, as well as scraps for any patching needs.

Once matters are in hand, he'll attempt to find and follow (Taking 10Survival 19) any prints the Knight has left. Failing that, he'll head back to Hofstra to see what the fire is about.
I believe that Kallev's Ward is still active, since Alexis has not actually been hit by anything yet. I'm not sure if that gives her a sense of direction to it, either, so that could potentially be useful
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 08-08-2017, 09:02 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is online now
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
Kallev LittletonKallev looked over at Raven, My knight saved us, but at what cost. Look at all this blood and gore. It's horrible.

Not sure where the others are, I know Alexis has not been injured. My ward of protection is still upon him. Where ever he is, he is not being attacked at least.
as she looks up and see's Val coming too.

Using her magic's she cleans herself up from any blood/gore and gives herself a nice sweet perfume. Then looking off back at the city, she pats her haversack. There's nothing in that town I need. I keep my treasure with me. It's the only safe place. she comments with a smile, as there was no way she would leave her horde in he hands of another. Instead she kept her items in her haversack and pulled them out to sleep on a few hours a day.

So what's the plan? Go off looking for Alexis? or do you need something from town. I would like to go back and help with the fire, but they know I am a witch and will blame me anyways, even if they are right for once. It's best not the time to wander back in for me.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB