RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:11 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,529
left-aligned image
Alexis slithers out, "Deals of the hidden-rooms are common in the games, Rawrncer-Dragon. This place is same-difference." Indeed my clever friend, Indeed, Indeed.

Aurelius then quietly voices, "You speak of this queen as one with experience. For we uninitiated, what do you know of her?" To this, silence falls on Jonathan’s cell. A moment passes longer and still silence… Finally a gruff voice grinds out a raspy response, Now’s not the time my friend Doctor-- For we have an unexpected guest approaching…

As the next moments begin to unfold, Rawncer's grip on his prison bars tighten as he quietly listens to the sounds of Judas Luris descending the dungeon stairs…

Luris then begins his dissertation one by one before each of his groups’ individual cells. Again, Jonathan gleans some more information around the accusations pinned on these other members concerning “The burning of Hofstra.” This causes him to step back once again on his eagerness to join and side with these others.

Then this woman cleric begins to lose it…

She thrashes around in her cell like a wild monkey-- cursing and screaming and raging as if she had gone mad! The sight of the woman pressing her face uncomfortably against her prison door bars is painful to watch. Then the guards take actions to sedate her. The tranquilizing darts fly one by one, and Jonathan can not help but wince as the initial darts fail, finally the last applications bring the poor woman to a deathly still silence. Jonathan can’t take it. The inhumanity of this experience causes him to snap--Judas! Judas you terrible individual!! You treat us like caged animals in here-- accusing us of heinous crimes when you have no evidence! I was there! I saw our struggle to fight off that demon that waylaid us. We almost died, Judas! That companion of Dr. Alymar fearlessly strode into battle to draw that jungle creature away from us! And this is how you try us. As Savages!?!

The bars to his cell begin to creak...
His adrenaline is beginning to reach critical amounts as his hot blood begins to boil…
His hands start to swell as little golden plates begin to unsheath from around his knuckles…
But no!
’Now is not the time. Hold yourself. Hold yourself, Dammit!’
He draws in some deep and calming breaths…

He knows that his words will be recorded and included in trial... so he tries to temper himself... but no use.

--Judas, you better watch your-self… My-- Old-- Friend. Rawncers words are staggered as he grinds his teeth with poignancy. We have grown very dis-tant. We have grown towards some very diff-er-ent directions. What we had in the past is quickly disappearing from my mem-ory… Old Friend... You Watch Yourself, I must-- admonish.

A moment passes and he collects himself after having his say. He might of said too much. Then finishing, I am delighted to meet your appointed council for us. Although, I have a strong feeling that his sincerity in effectively representing us, may be lacking...

I sure hope not, for his sake.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 03-15-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-2019, 11:13 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,209
Raven
left-aligned image
Raven had remained quiet during much of the journey and even now with their having been deposit in the cells to await trial she doesn't feel a great need to converse. She doesn't appear to be concerned, nor to have accepted the fate that has been heaped upon them but has a steely eyed look of intensity as she watches the guards above. She had appeared on the verge of saying something but had stopped upon the arrival of Count Luris and the reading of their charges, gripping the bars before her as the charges were read she met the high inquisitor's gaze as he faced her cell. She was angry.

It was Val's maniacal display though that effected her the most, one of the few that shared a religious devotion among them, who knew what it was to feel the loss she felt in this place. She would have given anything at this point to have been able to help Val, but trapped behind these bars like a caged animal left her helpless as they drugged Val and dragged her away. leaving only Judas to focus upon.

She wanted to nothing more than to give into more base urges and square off against those who keep her hear but circumstances being what they are didn't allow for that, so asked the only question she could think of that might be of use. "Will we be tried separately or as group?"


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:33 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,453
I am out of order... You are out of order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStag View Post
--Judas, you better watch your-self… My-- Old-- Friend. Rawncers words are staggered as he grinds his teeth with poignancy. We have grown very dis-tant. We have grown towards some very diff-er-ent directions. What we had in the past is quickly disappearing from my mem-ory… Old Friend... You Watch Yourself, I must-- admonish.

A moment passes and he collects himself after having his say. He might of said too much. Then finishing, I am delighted to meet your appointed council for us. Although, I have a strong feeling that his sincerity in effectively representing us, may be lacking...

I sure hope not, for his sake.
right-aligned image

"No, Jonathan, it is not I who has changed, but you. I am, as I have always been, dedicated to The Law... your outburst and your lack of... insight... shows how much you have strayed from THAT Path." Judas says with obvious disgust at Jonathan's outburst. "Do you really believe that The Queen and the Grand Inquisitor would go through all of THIS and gather a vanguard of inquisitors over a baseless claim? And now you brazenly threaten a High Inquisitor in the presence of witnesses? Clearly, it not just your perspective, but your judgment that has been compromised."

"If you recall The Laws, as you once did at Academy, then you would know these things, but it is apparent they no longer mean anything to you." Judas says coldly as he turns from Jonathan's final implication. "I am not retaining the best defense counsel for you out of pity or sympathy. When the truth is revealed and justice is served, I want there to be no doubt, no cries of foul play. There are eight hundred and sixty seven innocent souls that demand justice... eight hundred and sixty seven, Jonathan. Consider THAT before you levy your recriminations."

"I shall dismiss your lapse in judgment in threatening me or your counsel... for old time's sake... but I caution you from saying anything else regrettable before your time with counsel." Judas warned as Raven's voice caught his attention from her cell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
"Will we be tried separately or as group?"
"You will brought before the tribunal as a group, but each of you will answer for the charges levied against you separately." Judas answered calmly, all trace of disgust and disappointment gone from it. "The tribunal format is designed so that any of the Inquisitors and the Queen may cross examine any of you and any witness you have come forth in this trial at any one point in time. The tribunal will convene and then issue each of your verdicts and sentence individually."

OODM Appreciate everyone's diligence in getting their stuff updated. With the roster at full strength again, I will likely do more incremental updates like this to keep things moving. Also for those that it applies to, start thinking of any witnesses that you would like to call upon as a part of your defense. I have also created the tribunal format as a way of allowing everyone involved to participate concurrently.

Updated the table with those who have updated their stat blocks IC - once you have finished with your updates, please update your stat block. This will indicate to me that you have finalized everything. Thanks!

Onward!

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 03-19-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-18-2019, 02:21 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,529
left-aligned image
Where were you when they took Cyranda, Judas? WHERE WERE YOU!!?!?! YOU LET THEM TAKE HERRRR-- YOU MONSTER!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

As these words ring out-- Rawncer takes a step back-- Blistering scales rupture from his head and shoulders-- Thick, Gnarled Horns, curve and protrude, and pierce through his skull! HE CRIES OUT IN RAGE!!!
--aaaaand Rams the *Activate Rage for one round.
Dice Strength check vs. cell door:
1d20+6 (18)+6 Total = 24

*Then Immediately deactivate Rage.
cell door
.

___

All goes silent afterwards, save the furious panting in his steadying breath. He then quiets down...

What do you think will become of you when your usefulness has worn off and is unneeded, Judas: The Queen’s Faithful Inquisitor? Do you think she will simply hand you a quaint retirement cottage of your own in the little pastures up north when you are old and frail, and a pension for the rest of your easy days? ...No Judas. You will be shrugged off, abandoned, forgotten. Once you are incapable, Judas, you will be discarded...

She may even use you, Brother
… He gets quieter and more sincere with these words.
You may be used, Judas, unbeknownst to yourself. --in one of her secret rituals.

*Silence*

I have seen things, Brother. I have heard many credible stories with factual accountability behind them. The Queen does not care for you, Judas, she does not.
...It is only a matter of time.


He now trails off quietly, slumping down to the floor with a reluctant thud. In one last remark, I know these people in here with me, Judas.

When you confront grave evils as I do with others standing at your side... you quickly learn their merits... you get a glimpse into their history, so to speak. It's in their eyes. It’s in the way they look at you. You get a sense of what they have done in their past. For you can not hide your past in your own eyes, Judas.

--These in this group here are not evil-doers. They did not deliberately mean to do any harm. Your trial processions may even uncover this, we shall see.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 03-18-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:19 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
A Waiting Game
Alexis rolls his eyes and huffs at Aurelius' obvious, childish ploy to figure out his native language. Well, not native, exactly, but certainly the one he grew up speaking. Not that the Doctor even named it this time. "Alexis will not reward blind-guess. Use certain-answer, and Alexis-reward will be handed over." Where's the fun in simply pointing out a lucky guess? Or, worse, a list of every known spoken language--

Wait, do they even speak . . . that in this place? The Wolves hadn't understood him when he spoke it before, so maybe it doesn't even exist here. Alexis can't help but be bemused by the possibility that his "native" tongue may not even exist at all here. Not only would that be extremely satisfying for completely unrelated reasons, but it would certainly make the game much more interesting.

Alexis really doesn't pay much heed to the following encounter with Judas-Plant. As soon as he learns that he is going to have to deal with a lot of talky-talk, he mentally checks out, letting out a slight whine.

His ears don't perk up again until the mention of the Queen being present and possibly asking or answering questions. Hmm. That could be fun and funny. If he is going to have to do the talky-talk thing, then he is going to damn well make sure that someone else has to suffer for it. So filled with determination, Alexis goes to his cell's bed and unceremoniously flops down. He is bemused at how comfortable it is, when all is considered.

"Save your words, Rawrncer-Dragon. Judas-Plant speaks with smart-lack of the dangers to his city-home."

OOC
 


Rage: 0/19 round used
Shifting: 0/16 rounds used
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 15698
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 4,533
Ephram"We have been a busy lot, haven't we?" Ephram leans forward, arms wormed through the bars and hands hanging empty in front of him. His fingers twitch, involuntary spasms brought on by exhaustion and frustration. "And to think we fought so hard against our conspirators, it's almost like we weren't working together at all." He levels his gaze on Judas and leans as far into the bars as his body will allow, forehead pressed against the cold metal. Jonathan puts in his words and they seem to reverberate the very stone of the cells. Such fury, such passion...there is power in such things but it is the kind Hadlin always warned him to avoid.

"My home is not so structured a place as this. Mob justice is the only justice and the streets run wet with the blood of noble and pauper alike. The final blades know no difference between them." His eyes unfocus for a moment, viewing a memory deep in his mind. The thoughts give his voice a listless waver. "It's madness, but in that there is simplicity. You do wrong, someone comes and makes you pay the price." Tightening his arms, he pulls them back through the bars but stops to leave the right raised between them.

"What happened in Hofstra was a tragedy but it was one we tried to prevent. You were there, you know the lies in what you now speak. Dress it up in big words and legal codes all you want, you still know." Alexis cautions them to save their breath, and there is wisdom in the idea, but Ephram has held his words far too often and for far too long. So much they'd sacrificed to save these people and now they were faced with accusation instead of gratitude. "We have lost friends to defending your people. Lost them to madness and corruption and bad decisions. Make no mistake, there will be a reckoning on those who lay false testimony." One hand lifts and he extends a single finger toward the man, his throat tight with the anger he's done his best to restrain. "Regardless of this trial, regardless of our fate, know that when all this is done...I will be seeing you again."
__________________
Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-18-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-18-2019, 09:09 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,050
Aurelius Bereft, Bemused, but mostly BushedThe elf's brow quirks behind his spectacles. "None of them are blind guesses, however wrong. Yet I haven't the linguistic training to place your accent with any certainty. Any answer would be a kind of guess."

He shrugs, "I have exhausted all my wilder languages, so regrettably I am not acquainted with your native language."


The good doctor is a logical man, a rational man. As such, the posturing and grudge matches are something he wants no part. Really the only part that snaps his eyes from a bored roll, and, by far among the most interesting parts of his visit hither, is Jonathan's hints of revelation. Fascinated eyes stare behind gleaming spectacles, mentally peeling away layers. The man had lent a hint of these powers back in the dreamscape prison, but he seems to possess them in the real world all the same. 'Surely not some natural metamorphosis. Raw magics stored in the humors perhaps.' Shame that he hadn't his tools handy right now ... Suggestion that the queen was engaged in some experimenting sounds something between sinister and exciting, but it is hard to feel aught but curious until he learns more.

"Gentlemen, calm yourselves," coolly remarks Dr. Alymer. "While hardly unsympathetic to the sentiment", an icy gaze levels upon the inquisitor that destroyed that last of his loves, "getting worked up won't help anyone at the moment." He lowers his glasses to clean them. The stories the others merely hint at won't reveal themselves until after the inquisitor leaves. Hopefully, patient waiting will speed that along.

"Mob justice?" scoffs the scholarly elf, despite himself. "Aye, a dumb beast is also simple ... easily deceived and prone to excess." He nearly lost Yana back home to such mindless anger.
 
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 03-20-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-19-2019, 02:21 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,529
left-aligned image






Slumped down against the base of his cell door, Jonathan quietly listens to Ephram’s mounting words, of which end with a very ominous, "I will be seeing you again." To this, Jonathan lets out yet another brazen little chuckle…

Judas… It sounds like you have now Two vengeful individuals at your back…

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,453
I am out of order... You are out of order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"Where were you when they took Cyranda, Judas? WHERE WERE YOU!!?!?! YOU LET THEM TAKE HERRRR-- YOU MONSTER!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!"

As these words ring out-- Rawncer takes a step back-- Blistering scales rupture from his head and shoulders-- Thick, Gnarled Horns, curve and protrude, and pierce through his skull! HE CRIES OUT IN RAGE!!!
--aaaaand Rams the cell door.
As Jonathan finishes his outburst and rams the bars, which shakes from the impressive display of strength, but holds fast. Several weapons are heard being cocked. Judas raises his hands to motion for them to stand down. Judas only looks on in a mixture of pity and disgust as if to say 'thank you for proving my point'. He only raises an eyebrow at the veiled accusation that Jonathan makes against the Queen.

right-aligned image
"By all rights, I should cut you down right now as you have demonstrated... again... that you are a danger to yourself and to others. Can you not even see yourself right now? You have always been governed by your passions, passions which you seem unable to control... " Judas says shaking his head. "But the Queen has commanded that you and your so called companions face judgment... Justice must be served."

"An inquisitor's duty is to serve The Law. On the day of our Oath, everyone of us understand that The Law is a demanding and thankless mistress." Judas says evenly as he brushes off the implications made against the Queen. "Whether or not the Queen 'cares' for us is immaterial to our duty to The Law. The Law prevent our affairs from being governed by chaos, passion, and the mob... THAT is why I and every Inquisitor have dedicated our lives to it."

"Should the time come that I am no longer fit or able to perform or the Queen deems that my services are no longer required, then it is equally my duty to step down... without the expectation for any sort of reward."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
"We have lost friends to defending your people. Lost them to madness and corruption and bad decisions. Make no mistake, there will be a reckoning on those who lay false testimony." One hand lifts and he extends a single finger toward the man, his throat tight with the anger he's done his best to restrain. "Regardless of this trial, regardless of our fate, know that when all this is done...I will be seeing you again."
"The blood of the innocent soak the ground at Hofstra not as much by the actions of monsters, but the indifference and carelessness of those who report to protect them. Defense at the expense of the innocent, is no defense at all... so regardless of intention THAT must now be held to account." Judas replies simply to Ephram. "And there is no point you made with which I disagree. I do KNOW. There will absolutely be a reckoning for those who lay false testimony. When this is done, I will absolutely be seeing you... all of you... again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"Judas… It sounds like you have now Two vengeful individuals at your back…"
"That is the difference between us, isn't it? You seek vengeance. I seek justice." Judas says as he leaves. "I will ensure that your counsel arrives as expeditiously as possible... it appears that you will need it."

OODM@WhiteStag - Just to clarify again, there is no means that Jonathan or anyone else in the party could know about Queen Renier's abilities other than rumors which are at best the equivalent of, in modern terms, alien tabloid conspiracy theories and no chance that he would have observed her using any of her alleged abilities. (Jacqueline is crafty like that... )

Updated the table with those who have updated their stat blocks IC - once you have finished with your updates, please update your stat block in your posts and let me know in your threads. If I missed it or you see any inaccuracies, please let me know.

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 03-19-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Same Old Song and Dance
Alexis realizes after much too long a stretch of time that no one else here really seems comfortable with the notion of being imprisoned. Comfortable may be a bit of a stretch, surely, but being confined and subjected to authority and power far exceeding his personal ability to oppose does not seem to faze Alexis in the slightest. If anything, he is more bothered by his new-found friends' inabilities to keep their mouths shut and not provoke further antagonism.

Plot to murder Judas-Plant to death all you want. Advising him that you are planning to do just that is foolish. Well, Alexis has a plan for that. A real plan. An actual plan. A plan elaborate enough to explain in two sentences, not just one. It crosses his mind that the continued behavior of his fellow prisoners may begin impeding that plan of his. Maybe. Alexis will admit that he really doesn't understand how trials work when they aren't resolved by the affected parties murdering each other to death. So maybe he's wrong about the whole thing.

Luckily, his newly-formulated Plan B is simple enough to explain in one sentence.

"Alexis-Friends must learn when to speak-fight. Alexis does not see watcher-crowd. Big-noise and flashy-fight is wasted without watcher-crowd. Alexis says to not waste kill-moves on opponent outside of the arena. Alexis says that Alexis-friends should sit, sleep, wait, or think. Quick-anger is death-mistake in arena. Alexis thinks that 'trial' means word-arena. Alexis thinks same advice applies."

Alexis ponders for a moment, struck by a sudden, unearthly, unholy, and monstrous whim.

"Oh, woe is Alexis!" he practically bellows in truly horrendous fake-anguish. "Alexis-prisoner is starving! Woe and hunger, Alexis-prisoner is starving and must be fed before Alexis-prisoner death-hungers before his trial!" For better or worse, Alexis seems to know just the right kind of guttural, pathetic sounds a starving person ought to make. He doesn't seem to have any illusions about being believed, but he seems quite determined to make the best showing he can, all things considered. "Alexis-prisoner weakens to death without bacon! Alexis-prisoner must have bacon-food, or Alexis-prisoner dies before trial!"

Alexis has no shame. Or dignity. Or self-respect.

But maybe. Just maybe. He might have bacon. And bacon forgives all trespasses.

OOC
Alexis is attempting to Bluff the nearby and obviously-listening guards to bring him some food. Somehow, he managed a 16. If nothing else, he is obviously used to this.

 


Rage: 0/19 round used
Shifting: 0/16 rounds used
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-21-2019, 01:03 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,078
Kallev LittletonKallev sat silently as she contemplated all that has happened. Since they began, things were challenging and even more so now. She knew the gravity of the situation but was powerless against it. Judas was living proof of slavery by law and how the strongest prevail regardless of their reasons, else there wouldn't be any need for "enforcers".

With a slight sigh, she speaks out to her companions, The only advice slave Judas has offered that's worth anything is that you should not say anything.

If you don't want to take that advice, then take mine. Don't give him any more ammunition.
she stated and whisper, Let it be known that I choose to be a good upstanding person and follow your laws, as I could escape anytime I wished.

 
__________________
New Job/Transitioning is still taking up some my time right now. But is beginning to lighten up a bit. Feel free to NPC my characters if needed.

Last edited by kaylara; 03-22-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:45 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,529
left-aligned image

'Alexis is right...' Jonathan, defeated, bruised and battered, on his own account actually, curls over into the fetal position on the cold ground and sulks quietly. 'I'm going to get my friends KIlled if I don't keep my loathsome mouth shut and keep quiet.'

'But I can not help myself. My heart of the beast is ever-growing stronger. It's getting more unruly and outrageous every day...' Jonathan begins to tremble in a panic while resting on the ground with sheer anxiety taking him as he fears greatly that he may not be able to control the brooding demon within any longer. He snaps up, eyes pouring with tears, body quivering and cold. He's about to ring out again!!! But something startles and stops him immediately--

A ghostly figure has suddenly appeared at his side! She gazes down on him with the warmest and most comforting eyes, "Don't give him any more ammunition. Let it be known that I choose to be a good upstanding person and follow your laws, as I could escape anytime I wished."

She then vanishes suddenly leaving Jonathan grasping and reeling for more connection... more tenderness...
Was it a figment? Was she a ghost? She looked familiar. WAIT, It was the sweet woman Kallev!!

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:49 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,209
Raven
left-aligned image
Raven has begun pacing around the perimeter of her cell in an effort to calm herself down, the methodical steps and the sound of her fingers as they slip from bar to bar seem to be doing just that. Her anger fades and her faces becomes expressionless as she awaits the arrival of their counsel. She had not survived all she had overcome in her life to be summarily punished for fighting for her survival, nor would she give them the satisfaction of begging or pleading for her life when they go forward with this calamity of justice. So for now she paced. Dou-Bral....I could use a little guidance...


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2019, 01:22 AM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 15698
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 4,533
EphramJudas plays a card, and it is one that Hadlin played often during their time together. Weighing the value of one person's restitution against another. The difference between a life taken in a street hanging and one taken by the Final Blades. Ephram often wrestled with the idea that because a judge makes the decree that makes a killing somehow more moral. It wasn't palatable to him then and it still isn't, so ingrained is he with his father's teachings and the general moral disillusionment of the people of Galt.

"Justice, vengeance. It's cute that you suggest there is a difference." He spits the words at Judas' back, stepping away from the bars as the man leaves. He paces briefly, counting the steps it takes to traverse one wall of the cell, then another. A man must become intimately familiar with a cell if he plans to escape it. Alexis' efforts are both hilarious and frightening, both knowing that he is in no way starving and also recognizing how convincing he is at the act. If he hadn't spent so much time with the man he might well have bought into the idea that he has some kind of monstrous appetite.

"Sounds like you've got a real grudge with that guy, Jonathan. We've been so busy running from plants that I'm just now realizing how little we know about each other. What's your story?" He steps to the center of the cell and eases himself to the ground, crossing one leg over the other and resting his hands on his thighs. "You and the doctor seem familiar. How long have you been traveling?"
__________________
Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-22-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-22-2019, 02:57 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,050
Aurelius Bereft but BemusedThe inquisitor finally takes his leave, and some of the tension leaves the doctor's shoulders. It is plain enough that plenty of tension remains among the others. Pacing and other anxious behavior abounds. But the inimitable Alexis takes it one step further ... as usual. No medical question whatsoever that he's not actually starving, but mayhap, his imbalanced humors are making him delusional.

Adjusting his glasses, Dr. Alymer remarks coolly, "You have ... rather peculiar views for a knight, Sir Ephram." He shrugs. "To your question, not much of a story. Mr. Rawncer and I only met in the woods, both already captured by the herbal abomination. It was shortly that we came upon all of you."

Aurelius moves on to a topic long overdue, "On the other hand, the story of you lot, how you arrived at this point where you are weathering charges of 867 murders, conspiracy, and more, that sounds like a much more interesting tale." A wry smile quirks, and his glasses gleam reflectively in the dim light. "Logically, it only seems fair, given how we've been lumped with your grim business."
 
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 03-22-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB