RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 8th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28964
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Round 3 Results

Round 3 was in the books! We made a few adjustments to ensure that the judges' scores carried as much weight as the mechanical scores did. Even so, it was an incredibly close round! We expected as much with the massive amount of talent our competitors at this stage possess and displayed. Unfortunately, only 3 can advance, even though all were deserving in my book.

Congratulations HenryLockwood, ekidnu, and Wishkamon! HellsingsRaziel, JustSomeGuy, and Yoshimi, you should all be very proud of yourselves and how well you did. Making it this far shows that you are awesome players any that GM/DM would be lucky to have in your games. (Feel free to point them here for proof of my endorsement). Best of luck to the winders in the Finale!

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:57 AM.
Old Aug 8th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44088
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Semi-Final Round
Semi-Finals

This round was chaos week, and organizing chaos is a key trait to any champion player. Formatting and organization are key to keeping the readers from getting confused. Clearly labeling what's happening when and where can be helpful, but too much and it becomes disjointed. It's a delicate balancing act under the best of circumstances, and a daily contest with an hour edit window is far from the best circumstances. That said, it all loops back to previous feedback, does everything you're writing help to tame the narrative, or is it an enjoyable filler? Most of you are trying to build connections to the other players, and that's to be applauded, but I'd rather see those connections forged in real-time and not in flashbacks. I know that's tough given the time constraints, but I also know you guys are talking behind the scenes, and the show dont tell style is more engaging!

More: "This is just like shooting wamp rats at home." "Darn right it is!"
Less: It was a cool and dusty evening after my third glass of blue milk as I strode hesitantly toward the cliff face for target practice.

I also noticed a lot of power creep this week. People using powers and abilities in much broader/powerful ways, sometimes trying to do multiple things at once. No man is a mountain, and having a narrow focus is what makes people fit nicely into a party. Depending on each other is one of the easiest ways to build a story together.

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:56 AM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 9th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10596
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Semi-Final Round
Semi-Finals

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:56 AM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 9th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25645
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Round 3 Scores and Comments
Summary Statement for the week: Once again well done everyone and great job surviving another week of Outplay.

This week I was even harder on you in several areas. First "Typos," previously I had given grace for a certain number of typos and only deducted points if you exceeded that number. This round any typo resulted in a point deduction and too many might result in no points in the "Grammar" section for that day. Second Enjoyablity/Creativity, I was really looking for my socks to be knocked off for a post to earn the full 2 points in this section each day. If my socks were not knocked off, you probably only earned one point in this section for that day. If I was left disappointed in the post you might have earn no points. I think it was partly the nature of the action in this round this week, but there were only a few posts that earned the full two points in this area. Third Technical, I have said it several times and I will say it one final time here - I want to see a summary statement in your "OOC" section telling me the result of your dice rolls, even if that result is so blindingly obvious a one-eyed orc could figure it out, I still want to see it. If you did not include this in your OOC section each day, you lost points.

Please keep these items in mind if you make it into the next round. I will be following this same set of criteria for my scoring in the final round.

Good luck everyone and it has been a pleasure to have been on this journey with you and your characters.

+

Old Aug 9th, 2021, 05:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20535
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
This is where it gets VERY hard. You're all the cream at the top of a GREAT cappuccino so realize that in order to thin these caliber of group down, its time for me to lean into to picky details and engagement.

Old Aug 11th, 2021, 06:42 AM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23136
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Round 3 Scores and CommentsGeneral Comments: This was a mammoth round and there was a heckin' lot of chaos going down just about everywhere. What I found difficult reading through the posts were the fairly constant flashbacks and scene changes. Remember that each of you are not the only heroes here - if this were a solo game for each of you, I could appreciate the jumps, but here it read like a bad movie that doesn't know when to stay focused on the current scene. React more to the others around you rather than getting sucked into epic backstory explanations that may or may not be useful to you at that very moment. Scores were fairly tight for me this round - clearly an indication that you are all up at the same level. Thank you to you all for another mammoth effort in your writing this week!

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:57 AM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 11th, 2021, 10:29 AM
Here to maul

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27583
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Retry's Review

Overall feedback: Great job folks. I understand the toll that these bursts of daily postings just to be judged on can have on you. You're all doing fantastic. Sadly, we as judges have to do our thing and choose those who will move to the final.

Keep in mind as we move forward that while this is a rule light system that you were instructed that your dice roll will address one task that has the chance of failing. We're spotting a lot of players trying to power-creep by having their simple spell/action do numerous things. Another thing that will surely win my attention is real-time comradery instead of these flashbacks. Many times they're ill-placed and lengthy. Give us some real-time banter and playing off of each other as the days go by in real life, not in the distant past.

With that quick rambling out of the way, let's dive in.

Round 3: Eleath, Magna, Rocky, Aegaras, Jeremy, Sorbo
Round 3

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:57 AM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged