Crownstone of Gaia: Wyrd Baldric. - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Ruby Tooth's Dining Room

" Most keen you are to surmise such a possibility." Aweyn politely said as she nodded in affirmation.

Her quick eyes absorbed the visual contents of the room, she appraised the tables of patrons quite casually.

Aweyn walked in step with Baldric to the far end of the room, where 'Ruby Tooth' sat upon his stool and heated a large skillet at the edge of the oven.

__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; Mar 11th, 2021 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 04:32 PM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Ruby Tooth's


" Yes to both, and why of course not Baldric, you're clearly quite the type indeed." Aweyn shrugged as she laughed cheerily. "Would you care for a drink?"

Nearby, the Diviner could over hear a group of commoners in mid sentence. " They a've no right to a've driven the Horse Lords from the fields. It's only some time before the horde comes back and this all turns to Mucken'Vale. The Centauri stomping grounds!"

One pockmarked and grizzle faced older man echoed mournfully back to the flushed face lad who had spoken.

" Aye, the Grapes of gold may merit worth of a dragons horde. But, it taxes the richness of the land in turn..." The bearded man hung his head over his plate in apparent sorrow.


__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; Mar 11th, 2021 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 05:34 PM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 865
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 1,885
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter(2)/Diviner(2)
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).



I'm not fully sure if Aweyn meant that to be sarcastic, but I'm not sure if I was being rhetorical. Oh, well. "I wouldn't mind a drink, at that. Something strong, if you could." He perked his ears up slightly at the conversation around him. "Forgive me asking, but do you happen to know what all of that rigamarole is about over there?"
 
 
__________________
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 12:47 AM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Ruby Eyes Tavern
Soon enough Aweyn had a couple of strong ales in her hands, she shared a short pleasantry with the tavern keeper and slid a few copper pieces over to the dwarf.

The pretty high elf had drawn back her hood upon entering the tavern, and many of the folks surrounding noticed her beauty.
Aweyn gestured to a small table against one of the stone walls and nodded to Baldric as she moved toward the old battered wooden furniture. The wood was ringed with countless marks from the bottom of mugs, and was slightly un level.

A wafting aroma of browning spiced meats took to the air as the duo walked toward their table. Ruby Tooth had just set a large piece of meat into the iron skillet where it began to sear and audibly sizzle.

As they drew close to the seats, Aweyn responded to Baldric and said.
" yes well the lands we know as the Ashland Vale, which we currently are near the center of, used to be a great migration grounds of a huge horde of Centaurs.
It’s been nearly three decades since the gothic’s have been establishing vineyards here.
Many fear that the ‘horse lords’ who fled south into the jungle will soon return."


Her hand full of two large steins of ale, she used the tip of her boot to kick the chair out from under the table and plopped gingerly into her seat. When Baldric sat she pushed his drink across the table to him.

Aweyn peered lovingly at the foamy head of her wooden stein and giggled as she took a big swig of the foamy draught.

She looked at Baldric with a smile as her eye brows raised from the strong ale, she swallowed a gulp of the nutty brown liquid and laughed.

Aweyn looked over her shoulder at the table across the room and continued to speak to Baldric about the topic.

" That Rigamarole as you say, is the ‘talk of the town’."
__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; May 10th, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 12:52 AM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 39892
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 35,687
Moderator note- please post in this thread so we know it is active and needs to stay open.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 11:15 PM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 865
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 1,885
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter(2)/Diviner(2)
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).



Baldric pondered for a moment. He had some vague memory of female centaurs going topless as a matter of course, but he also remembered a half-empty mug in his hand when talking about it at a table, so it was probably as much drunken nonsense as anything. "Does anyone know what happened to the centauri? Where they went, I mean. If there's danger of them coming back, it might be wise to know where to put your guard up, yes? It might be worth it to put up some stakes... assuming it's credible. Is it credible?" Baldric idly looks about for a lantern or a candle, on the off chance he saw a sign.
 
 
__________________
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Ruby Tooth’s TavernBaldric looked about the weathered and stout room, it’s interior was warmly furnished and alive with the smells of RubyTooth’s roasting pan. The hearth glowed a deep red and cast a rich light into the room.
Over the heads of the patrons, a chandelier of colored glass glowed a soft greenish blue.

Baldric’s eye caught the reflection of the glass, it shimmered and changed in the mulled glow of the hearth and then flashed a brilliant violet. Baldric then heard a sound from within. A strong burst of powerful and wild laughter boomed throughout his inner world. It was accompanied with the smell of a rainforest jungle, wet and full of warm humid scents and piercing calls.

When Baldric blinked, he saw a silhouette of his goddess Wyerd Orlog framed in his mind, she walked through a thick curtain of tangled and thorny vines. Her legs waded through the knee deep black jungle water.
She was surrounded by trees that blocked out any direct sunlight, the forest hummed with vibrations of different animal calls.
She walked through the drowned landscape and began to grow in size, her body soon rose above the tree tops and Baldric could see from a birds eye view as he rose with her.

In the distance, a gigantic mountain of red stone. It rose from the earth and dominated the landscape with its powerful body. Upthrust splinters of colossal formations of stone arose together and became the mountain. It’s landscape looked cratered and hot, the warm jungle vapors burned off where they met the mountains base.

Within the mountain, Baldric could hear a synchronous beat of a powerful heart.
It pounded strongly and sounded loud as a rhythmic drum.
Baldric could hear a chant sound from the jungle and rise toward the mountain.
He felt connected to the voice of the land, he heard and saw Centaurs of many different ages and saw them honor the mountain.

Wyerd Orlog then spoke to Baldric as his vision began to fuzz and blur. It changed to a curtain of violet light as she became clear in his mind.

" I have shown to you visions of Shalashamakkar the Drowned Jungle.
That was the mountain Gaia’s Womb. Centauri are ancestral to this place, they worship the mountain and protect the land.
If the Centaurs perish, so does the balance which holds the fury of that womb in dormancy."


Wyerd’s face faded and her voice left Baldric softly and cooly in a wink of bright white light.

Aweyn was there at the table and regarded Baldric with a small look of concern, she looked into the contents of her cup with a small frown.
" ehh, as I was sayin, the Horse-Lords are Barbarians who seek only to pillage and migrate their horde.
Sooner or later we know they’ll return, and that’s why King Charlemagne employed the services of my family, the Thalmors."


Aweyn rocked slightly back in her chair and crossed her arms tightly. "So yeah, I guess you could call it credible."
__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; Jul 29th, 2021 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 02:59 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 865
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 1,885
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter(2)/Diviner(2)
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).



Baldric braced his hands against the table while his eye twitched. "Hoo... boy. In the jungle, the mighty jungle... <kak> Excuse me, I don't know where that came from. Drink." Baldric took his mug and chugged it down, holding one finger up until he finished. "There is something really dangerous in Gaia's Womb, and the centaur people are keeping it from wrecking all of our ****. My goddess just told me that messing with the centaur would be a very very very bad idea for everyone involved. Whatever is in the womb should not come out of the womb, and I'm saying 'womb' way too much, and we should send them a gift basket because we need to either make friends or leave them alone because-" The mad diviner slapped himself across the face and presented his empty mug. "More please."
 
 
__________________
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 03:34 AM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Ruby Tooth's Taven

left-aligned image

Just then, the front door was very nearly kicked open by the thick heel of a black leather boot. A dark skinned armored woman entered the main hall of the tavern. Her thick hair was pulled back out of her face by braids and adorned with silver rings. She was clad in a type of mail and wore an olive green cloak wrapped around her shoulders. The woman was lithe and muscular, she had strong angled features and a pointed poise.

She walked into the room rather sullenly and made no eye contact as she entered.
The woman turned to close the thick wooden door behind her and gave it a kick shut with her heel.

In one hand she clutched a piece of wrinkled parchment. Large bold red letters stood out on the page but were unrecognizable.

The newly arrived stranger strode to the wall just beside the door, and where a collection of notices had been posted, she promptly slapped the parchment upon the wall and stabbed her dagger through it.

Her hand fell beside her and she sighed wearily. " If anyone wants me, I'll be right here."

The woman slumped down into a stool near the corner of the inn, she set her back to the wall, and produced a hand crossbow, which she set beside her chair. The woman smiled a bit and then looked proudly around the room as she felt the eyes of the patrons crawl upon her.

Above her head, the large poster had a rough charcoal sketch of her likeness.

(Jelika 'The Boar')
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.
100GP.
__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; Aug 9th, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Aoem's Avatar
Aoem Aoem is offline
Chaotic Good Mindflayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 1113
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Posts: 656
Baldric on the Road
Baldric had traveled enough with Aweyn and learned several things about her, and the lands of Tahomia.

So, when the brawl broke out in the tavern, Baldric conveniently stepped out of a back door amidst all the haste, collected his donkey and made off.

Fresh in his mind was Lady Wyerd Orlog's vision & he could still hear the drumbeat of the Centaurs.
There swam plots of tentacled dark mages, his gut told him the balance hung thin.

He had seen a poster outside of the feast hall in Gedit for an expedition headed south. Baldric heard Wyerd's voice as an image of the poster flashed in his mind. He heard her say to deliver aid to the 'Black Banner Brigade & learn what Archebold's 'true claim' really is.

So, Baldric made way south upon the road from Thalmor, he traveled for a night and a day upon the road.

Passerby's included peasants and poor traders, a great many people gave him strange looks as he plodded south.
He learned of the Centaurin raids on caravans in the area, and of the Guerrilla war taking place upon the SotFort.
Baldric saw a many refugees of tattered and broken caravans returning north.

He crossed the Reinfleur river at a narrow stone island and passed an old cave and the ruins of an ancient crumbled watchtower.
Baldric now saw the ruts of a train of a dozen wagons marked into the mud and dirt, the tracks did not appear too old.

It was then that Baldric was ambushed by a group of highwaymen robbers!

However, after a brutal combat and crack of skull negotiation, Baldric learned more
from those very bandits,
he learned that the 'missing children' of rumor were being moved to the SotFort.
& that the Expedition was camped at an old Standing Stone Circle some half a days ride from here. .
+100XP +12GP
__________________
Grounded and Stable. Posting is Green Light

Last edited by Aoem; Aug 24th, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB