User Statistics
RPXP: 6428
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Night of The Beast

Game NameNight of The Beast
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSurvival horror
Flavourdark, tense, hopless
Plot SummaryYou have just completed your first job as an adventurer. You fumbled a bit, made mistakes just like any other newbie, but you survived, got paid, and grew stronger. Right now, you feel like you could slay a dragon. You boast about your exploits at the adventurerís guild after buying everyone a round of drinks to celebrate. Then a man comes up to you. He is slight of stature but holds his head high. He is finely dressed with well kept hair and sharp eyes. He introduces himself as Skurvin Blackmane, and offers you a job. nothing too dangerous, just guarding his wagon caravan as he transports goods to the neighboring city. The trip will take about ten days. What could go wrong?

Welcome to the night of the beast, a survival horror one shot. I am looking for five second level characters to try and protect a group of travelers as a monster stalks them by night.

What to expect: This is not going to be a fair fight. You are prey to a powerful predator, and you're gong to need to work hard and be smart if you want to survive. There is a real chance of failure here.

Sources: players hand book, xanathers guide, eberon.

Character creation: level 2. Roll 2d6+6 for stats. Max hp for both levels, youíre going to need it. starting gold 300

Application:
Name
Race
Class
Background
Personality trait
Flaw
Bond
Ideal
Backstory (this can include the job you just completed but keep in mind you are a rookie adventurer)

Deadline 10/1

Last edited by Togot; Sep 18th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
reserved for questions
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 351
Onward Onward Onward Onward
Oh, this sounds interesting, count me in. I just need to think up of a character concept.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 11:48 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88463. Demmuk ready if allowed.

Flaws: mission driven. revenge driven: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning. I look like a Giant scary dragon monster!

Ideals: (good) greater good, protect others at cost of own self.( don't matter if they can protect them selves)
independent: to following orders blindly, is to embrace a kind of tyranny (chaotic)

Bonds: rebuilding clan / family. Others of his kind & dragons.
Honor is my life.
Someone saved me on the battlefield. To this day I will never leave a friend behind.
Those who fight besides me are worth dying for.
I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Traits: honor warrior sad/alone. driven. different from norm.
always polite and respectful.
I've lost too many friends, and am slow to make new ones.
I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
I face problems head-on.

Background:
Demmuk is Dragonborn. Dragonborn are a tribal race who put the tribe above all else.
Demmuk's father was Lord Shogun of the clan. They protected all the goodly creatures of their realm( land/ kingdom/ country) As warriors they are trained from birth In fighting styles of the clan. At age 8 he was trained in whatever weapons he chose.( Katana& diakyu:great bow) Most in the clans can use 1 weapon. a few are skilled enough to use two short weapons( sia, kama, Wakizashi) Demmuk was the first to choose and be able to use 2 katana. He excelled. And was soon taught to use diakyu as well. By 15 had mastered both. He was perhaps the best fighter in the clan. And even though he was the youngest , of 5 ,he was named aire. He was placed in the honor guard with his four brothers and the five best warriors of the clan.
At age 17 a evil Reddragon came . First it was hunting dragonborn warriors 1 by 1. Then it attacked a village. And then it came for the Shogun and the main village. It killed all in its path. When it came for them the Shogun ordered his honor guard to cover Demmuk saying " The clan must live on through you my son!" After killing the Shogun and his honor guard the red dragon killed every dragonborn in the land .He burned everything leaving the once beautiful realm a burnt wasteland.
2 days later Demmuk woke up beneath the charred remains of his father and brothers. ( Who were immune to poison or ice unlike Demmuk who unknowingly was immune to fire.) A partially burnt scroll was shoved under him. It read....( You are the Samurai warlord/ Shogun now! You must find and kill the evil dragon. Protect the realm and rebuild the clan.)
For a year now Demmuk has tracked and traced every lead on the Reddragon that killed his clan. He has traveled to far away lands where he is both feared and hunted. Now he only goes near villages and towns to listen to its people for rumors. or tales of reddragons. But never enters and has lost the trail. He must now figure out how to find it and how to rebuild his home when everyone is different and afraid. And his kind are unknown.red

[COLOR=""]Demmuk doesn't drink there for he wouldn't buy a round for others either....[/COLOR]

( Finished tower of mage newby. lv 2. A version was also used in outplay.)

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Sep 20th, 2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
certainty allowed, though i would like you to post a application here as well.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 06:42 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Do we have a place to roll?
I like to know what my character's stats look like so I know what they are capable of.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
you don't need to roll or make actual sheets until you are selected

Last edited by Togot; Sep 20th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 351
Onward Onward Onward Onward
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Madcap
Race: Human
Class: Bard (Whispers)
Background: Noble
Personality trait: My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.
Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Flaw: By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family
Bond:My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering.
Ideal:Family. Blood runs thicker than water.
Appearance: Madcap, not really his name just what he goes by now, stands at 5'8" and has a lean build. His attire is a red coat covering finely made clothing, his most distinct feature would be the mask. He wears a plain smile mask with a red haired wig, he always wears it even while bathing. However when people are talking to him they could of sworn that the mask changes facial expressions. Sometimes it's an extreme jolly one, almost like it's laughing, and sometimes it becomes a distorted face whenever he suddenly mad.
Backstory:Madcap, otherwise known as Jacques Woodton, was born into a noble house. Though this house wasn't specialized in politics or business, no, they were their for entertainment. You see, this house started as simple court jesters. They made so much of a rousing performance in the court that the royal family decided to give them their own noble house, and so the Woodton family continues to make a rousing and entertaining court throughout the years. Then came Jacques, he wasn't a bad jester, he know's how to make fun of people, make a comedy routine and is a great violinist. However he was arrogant and always indulge in carnal desires to the detriment of his family's reputation. The princes hated his presence whenever he was drunk, noblewoman hated his constant flirtations, his family felt ashamed as he flaunts his lifestyle to both common folk and nobles, and the king was about fed up with his antics. One day, Jacques made another one of his jabs to the king, but this insult was a controversial one at the time and also felt like a personal attack to the king. Usually he would be let off with a warning, but Jacques broke the last straw and was immediately exiled. This was a shocked to him, he looked at his family to help back him up but they simply ignored him for they too agreed with the king's decision.

So he was striped of his position as a jester and was told to never be seen into his country and homeland ever again. He was heartbroken, he may seem to take things for granted but he still loved his family, the royal family and his country dearly, and they kicked him out. So he travelled by himself in reflection of the things his done and at first he was furious and sad but he started to see the reasoning behind it all, and faced the truth that he was a disgrace. So he made a solemn vow to prove himself, to be better this time and one day prove himself to be a changed man to come back to being a jester to his country. So he adapted to his new life and decided to wear a mask with a new identity for this life. Eventually he joined up in an Adventure Guild cause he knew a fellow wanderer like himself joined in with them and made a lot of money. And the first mission he did was a rousing success, he was surprised and started to believe that his life might finally turn around.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 11:52 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
you don't need to roll or make actual sheets until you are selected, but if you want you can roll here in a spoiler
we're not supposed to roll in recruitment threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowout View Post
Please discourage rolling in any "Games Seeking Players" advertisement threads, and disallow any rolls found from carrying over to your game threads. This keeps clutter here down, and prevents wasted rolls, time and hopes on games that aren't approved. As noted above, in this forum, prospective DMs can't see if a player has deleted a post due to rolls they don't like, which is unfair.

Last edited by dr kekyll; Sep 19th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul
Name: Burick The Strong
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter
[B]Background:i/B] Solider
Personality trait: I look danger in the face and laugh. My feelings don't controll me.
Flaw: I indulge in alcohol and tabcco.
Bond: I will one day renew the military might of the small village that raised me.
Ideal: My friends and companions come first.
Backstory:

Last edited by Zangul; Sep 20th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 05:04 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Sep 29th, 2021 at 04:20 AM.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 04:20 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
I'm sorry, I have to withdraw. I am getting way too much on my plate.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character Application:
Basic Information and Image
Name: Vallent Oaktree
Race: High Elf
Class: Rogue 2

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 157 lbs.
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black

Background Information
right-aligned image
Background: Criminal - Burglar
Personality trait: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy. / The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.
Flaw: When I see a valuable artifact, I can't think about anything but how to steal it and have it returned to a museum.
Bond: I will become the greatest thief that ever lived and steal back the artifacts that were stolen from museums, to return them for others to see.
Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)

HistoryBackstory (this can include the job you just completed but keep in mind you are a rookie adventurer): Vallent was always interested in rare artifacts, how they looked, their history, their names. He would often have his parents take him to museums to look at such artifacts, he would often be found having his face pressed against the glass to get a real close look at them.

It was when one particular rare artifact, a helmet was stolen from the museum, that he liked, without a trace, it was gone. This angered him, why would someone steal something like this artifact, it was meant to be seen by anyone who wanted to see it. He asked if there was anything that the authorities could do, they said that they could investigate it, but most likely it was long gone, sold to someone privately, to sit in their quarters for the rest of time, hidden from the world. He found that there are probably countless artifacts out there, gone, forgotten.

His parents wanted him to forget about it, move on, grow up, and follow in their footsteps. But Vallent wouldn't do that, it became his obsession, he learned that to get these artifacts back, one would need to steal them back. So he left his home in the dark of night, moved to a larger city and got himself involved with the criminal activity there. He found a gang that were willing to take him in and learn the trade, he had much to learn, but did his best to keep up with his lessons. He learned the basics of his new trade, and suffered the consequences of being caught, each cut and bruise was a reminder of what he shouldn't do next time.

Soon, he was able to go on his first mission, his first solo burglary, although he stumbled through getting inside the house, made a mess of the place to find the object he was assigned to steal, and awoke the people living in the house, he was able to succeed in stealing the item and getting out of there without getting caught by the authorities.

Last edited by The Dark Star; Sep 29th, 2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Postra
Name: Cordial
Race: Eladrin

Class: Warlock (Archfey) / Illusionist
Background: Feylost
Personality trait: Moving back and forth from the Fey has fractured his memory and his allegiances to related realms.
Flaw: Creates fantasies to cope with uncertain realities. Treats certain illusions as he would reality.
Bond:Anything that brings him safety and comfort, whether that be real or an illusion.
Ideal:Survival
Appearance: Hooded robes, patchy hair, some being pulled out. Mismatched pieces of skin, like pieces of different puzzles put together. He hides this with illusions some times, though he is uncertain if this skin patchwork is from shifting realities or a joke of a cruel Fey lord.

Last edited by Postra; Sep 29th, 2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 02:28 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
ok, applications are closed. looks like we have just enough to run the game