DnD5e Out of the Abyss - an Underdark Adventure - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 14th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Revenge is best served Cold:
right-aligned image

Name: Stats: High Dex, High Cha, Mid Wis, Mid ConChasdath Zauvin
Race: Drow
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Criminal (Spy)
Personality Traits:
-I don't pay attention to the risks of a situation, Never tell me the odds.
-I am incredibly slow to trust, The fairest often have the most to hide.

Ideal:
-Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are the ones who forge them.

Bond:
-I was locked up by my own kind for committing a crime no worse than they commit daily.

Flaw:
-I have a hard time not taking a risk in order to get revenge, sometimes risking the safety of others.

Appearance: Chasdath is average height for a Drow, around five and a half feet tall. His slender build is more from his long imprisonment rather than genetics. He does have an underlying hint of toned muscle that he attempts to keep through physical exercises that he can perform in his cell despite the minimal amount of food he gets. His white hair is filthy and scraggly where it was once a near-luminescent white framing somewhat slender face. His flesh is a dull violet and twists so easily into a crooked grin, his blueish white eyes betraying that he knows something more than the average Drow.

Personality: Chasdath seems laid back and casual, readily trusting everyone, as if giving everyone that he talks to the benefit of the doubt that they intend to consider him and his well-being in their actions but he knows better. Just beneath the surface burns the hatred for other Drow, specifically, the ones that wronged him. He doesn't weigh in the risks of anything he does especially when it comes to his revenge. He may act a little naive as most people do when they have hope that their kind isn't the worst around but he isn't jaded, he has experienced first-hand the double standard of his kind and in his imprisonment, he has come to terms with the fact that he is going to have to come very close to becoming the thing he hates the most in order to have his true revenge.

Backstory: As with most Drow, Chasdath was born into conflict, a subtle game that rewarded the winners with great riches and punished the losers with death, sometimes quick and painless but more often slow and torturous. His family house was at the peak of their power when Chasdath was born but that didn't mean his life was easy. He learned very quickly that the way of the Drow was to live on the edge of a blade, one false move to the left or right meant disaster. His position upon his birth was one that required near-constant maintenance in order to keep it. As the eldest son of the family matron, he had to stay on the top of his game, even so far as to slit the throats of his half-brother triplets when they were no more than twelve years old as they slept.

Chasdath's time at the Melee Magthere was more like a proving ground, to see if he had the constitution to go as far as was needed in order to obtain and keep his position of power. He graduated near the top of his class, a position that was between the best of his class and the dead. He learned to ride the line to ensure a minimal amount of knives seeking his back, especially when his position was so exposed as it would be at the graduation celebration. After a long night of delirium, debauchery and distraction, he turned himself to constant alertness, once again, thrown back onto his own family-sized gameboard. It wasn't until after he had to execute his own father in exchange for his own life that something inside him snapped. At that moment, the ember of revenge was lit and all it needed was kindling.

After a century of service to his mother and the matron of his family, his father's execution still chafed his insides, eternal salt to the wound and the night that his house fell from favor and then from existence, he made sure to play his part. His own mother felt the kiss of his blade against her throat in her last moment, her final, fatal step down from the dais and her blood-soaked throne. Chasdath became an orphan, truly, as he fled the destruction of his house, knowing that his revenge was fulfilled but still feeling that fire in his gut, burning away at the kindling, he hoped, soon to burn out altogether.

Another half a century, he served as a spy to anyone who could pay him and keep him away from his death. Fifty years, he prized secrets from cold, dead fingers and sold them for his life until his misstep. A step that ended him in a cage, but he promised it would not be the last fatal step he would take, he would have his revenge, revisited by that burning in his gut and for another fifty years, he managed to mask it by an icy exterior. When the other escaped, he saw his chance to stoke that fire anew and thus bargained and begged his way to temporary freedom once more.

When you go through enough dark places, you don't dwell on the little things.

RP Sample: Chasdath's keen elf ears caught the sounds of shuffling, the sounds of a lock breaking then the muffle of whispered voices. He trained his eyes on the source of the noise, shifting into the infrared spectrum for the sake of it. He tracked the shapes of bodies moving in the darkness but they couldn't escape his sight nor could they escape the sight of his kind for long. An inkling of an idea and the bite of flame...the flame of vengeance.

He reached one dark hand with slender digits through the bars of his cell towards the fleeing people and called out in a whisper, "You there, Yes, I can see you and they will see you too, in time." his first words a gravelly noise that sounded almost more threat than warning, "But I can help you, I know the way out.", he breathed a blatant lie through his teeth but they had no way of knowing. If they trusted him, it was their fault and he would show them a way, whether it was the right way or not, didn't matter to him.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Oct 15th, 2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1324
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
I don't need any dice rolls off anyone just yet, just the concept will do for now.
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6428
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I'm still interested
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 10:22 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Alright, I think this character will fit the premise of "Those guys just got out, maybe I can go too."

I hope it's a better fit than Roach.
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 02:19 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1306
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Taks
right-aligned image

Name: Taks
Race: Kobold
Class: Healer
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Acolyte
Personality Traits:
-I idolize Bahamut, and constantly refer to their deeds and example.
-Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
Bond: I owe my life to the priests who took me in when I ran away from my den.
Flaw: I naively believe in all people, and seldom think they could lie for their own benefit and allow others to suffer.

Appearance: 4 horns adorn his head, blue lizard eyes. Short like any other kobold. He usually doesn't wear any clothes, but since he wants to represent Bahamut's priest, he agreed to at least wear a simple robe.

Personality: Taks often daydreams of a better world for kobolds, living among the rest of the races as equals. Even forging a long lasting friendship with gnomes, their apparent rivals.
Taks believes the holy feud between Garl Glittergold and Kurtulmak should be a thing of the past, and not something that present and future generations of Kobolds should know about.
Often in a cheery mood, Taks has a knack for staying positive no matter the current situation, and it is sometimes contagious. This was a highly cherished trait between his kobold kin.
Being able to often dig precious metals and gems, Taks doesn’t really understand the value of coin, but knows it is sometimes helpful to give it to others when they are in dire need. Between the Priests of Bahamut, he’s known to be one of the most charitable, though he’s oblivious to this.

Backstory: “By the point of Kurtulmak’s spear, and the tip of his poisonous tail, I will see every member of your family perish.” A prayer Taks and his fellow kobolds knew by heart. And yet, Taks didn’t feel said sentence resonated to him. He wanted something more than just hold a grudge towards gnomes, mine day and night, or even sacrifice himself should the tribe need it.
He was highly curious about the outside world, though not often could he venture it. Instead, he’d do it at night, where by coincidence or fate, he encountered a charismatic priest that had decided to go on a night walk herself. A weird eagerness to know about each other, pulled them into conversation. Soon, a friendship between them bloomed, and they met at the same place almost every night.

While Taks’ tribe wasn’t against these meetings with his new acquaintance, they soon noticed the kobold’s attitude changed. Sure, Taks was always known to be cheerful and jovial, that didn’t raise any alarms to the tribe right away. It was when Taks came back with small figurines of The Platinum Dragon, and spouting phrases his new friend had shared.
They tried shutting down the whole new philosophy of “Justice and Good for all”, but that just caused Taks to try harder to convince his tribe that there was more than just the tribe and their den. That their underground knowledge and riches could help the world outside. That kobolds could live among the other races, or the other way around.
That was the last straw however, and Taks soon got into a confrontation with the tribe elder. He wasn’t happy about the relationship one of the kobold members was having with an outsider, much less how she seemed to be brainwashing Taks into abandoning Kurtulmak’s teachings.
One thing lead to another, and Taks decided he had had just enough of being shut down just because the eldest couldn’t see the opportunity of seeking something higher for themselves.
Taks ran away from his den, to begin his training into priesthood. But also promising to return to his den, to show them the light of what the outside world could bring.

After telling his tale to his priest friend, she took compassion of the kobold and accompanied him to the temple, where he was welcomed with open arms. Thus initiating his life as an apprentice of Bahamut.
Taks was happy, and worked diligently.
Although he somehow knew he’d never become as strong as the other Clerics and Paladins of the temple, he still wished to serve how he could.
And of course, he never stopped thinking about his old kobold family.
Months had passed, and Taks’s faith only grew stronger with each day. Many nightmares with a sensation of darkness looming started plaguing him, but he assumed that’s what they were... Just bad dreams.
Unfortunately for him and everyone in the temple, they once went to bed, and never woke up. The nightmares had just been the beginning.

RP Sample:

OOCJust a little something for fun.
I can roll another character if needed, I am not sure what roles are already filled. Otherwise I am fine with fully supporting the current party as a sidekick!

Last edited by Dechado; Oct 15th, 2021 at 02:28 AM.
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 03:18 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6428
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Derek Draven
Race: Variant human
Class: wizard
Subclass: necromancer
Background: haunted one
Alignment: lawful Good
Personality: I wish to make the world a better place
i am loyal to my friends
Flaw: I get hyper focused on my goals, blinding me to other things
Ideal: I will punish the guilty
Bond: I treat my friends like family, and I will let no insult or injury fall upon them

Description: Derek is a small, young man standing 5’2 and weighing 120 pounds. He wears a black robe gifted to him by his master. He has a raven familiar that often rests on his left shoulder. His eyes are a deep green. His hair is a short, straight, and as black as his raven’s feathers.his hands are covered in tattoos written in draconic detailing the few spells he knows so he won't forget them

Personality: Derek has a strong sense of justice due to the wrongs that were done to him and his people. He believes that wicked people must be punished, and the innocent must be protected. He is quick to latch on to those who offer him friendship and is fiercely loyal. Due to his childhood trauma, few things really scare him. He understands people’s misgivings regarding undead, but he holds himself to strict rules regarding them. He will never raise an innocent person as an undead without their permission. Instead, he wishes to raise the wicked as a punishment so that they can atone for their crimes in life by serving good in death. Despite his tragic childhood, Derek is friendly and optimistic, and has made it his life's mission to change the stigma surrounding necromancer's through his good deeds.

Backstory

RP Sample

Old Oct 15th, 2021, 07:26 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
For anyone potentially interested in the game feel free to poke around the forum and game threads to get a feel as to whether you'll like the game. Link is in my signature.
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1369
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Looks cool!
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I will close recruitment for this on Wednesday 27th October
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3676
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
WIP

right-aligned image

Name: Katerina
Race: Human (variant, with the feat)
Class: Ranger (to be Fey Wanderer)
Alignment: CG
Background: Folk Hero
Trait 1: "I judge people by their actions, not their words."
Trait 2: "I'm Actually, she's a bit overconfidentconfident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others."
Ideal: "Sincerity. There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not. (Neutral)"
Bond: "I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny."
Flaw: "I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure."

Appearance: She has light skin, long auburn hair and sky-blue eyes. Her build is not exactly lithe, but she has nice curves and a pretty face. Her hands are not the fragile hands of a noble woman exempt from having to work hard. Her arms and hands are somewhat robust but feminine still. All in all, she's pretty especially compared to others in her village.

Personality: Well aware of her looks, she's somewhat arrogant. She completely ignores the fact that she's not very talented at hunting. Surprisingly she's quite resilient, not one to complain often, and she's willing to make an effort to reach her goals. But sometimes she feels she deserves more attention.