RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 11th, 2021, 03:42 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1746
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyminder View Post
Are we talking Old Clan here (i.e., Dominate vs. Vicissitude)? I really like the vibe of this character.
Thanks. I had "new" clan in mind but I'm open to Old Clan if that would be a better fit.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 11:16 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 517
gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion
Quote:
This character looks interesting. I'm going to have to do a lot of research on the Danava to see how it would work. I've never seen a Danava in play!
They have a very interesting take on Vampire existence.
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 12:16 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
morisian
I have a neat idea for a Kiasyd character, if it's allowed. If not I might be able to tweak it for Malkavian or Ventrue... I'll work on it some more and post later this week
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 01:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 948
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
So I sort of skimmed the summary of Transylvania Chronicles and from that and your description I’m wondering what the gameplay focus is going to be like? (Intrigue, building holdings, combat, socializing).

I’m currently in a game that is so far leaning heavily on intrigue and social combat and I’m having fun with it but I’m not really looking for a second game like that, as much as I want to be a vampire.
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 06:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
So I sort of skimmed the summary of Transylvania Chronicles and from that and your description Iím wondering what the gameplay focus is going to be like? (Intrigue, building holdings, combat, socializing).

Iím currently in a game that is so far leaning heavily on intrigue and social combat and Iím having fun with it but Iím not really looking for a second game like that, as much as I want to be a vampire.
In all likelihood there will be a lot of intrigue and socializing - much more than physical combat unfortunately.
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 06:49 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 113
Longes Longes
Quote:
In all likelihood there will be a lot of intrigue and socializing - much more than physical combat unfortunately.
Perfect
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7381
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
I mean, if we're fighting, it means we probably are in trouble. But, to be fair, a little bit of properly-applied violence is a WONDERFUL shortcut through dealing with some problems!
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 11:35 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
TheFinalNail
Game Application

Character Name: Nisa Choniates (woman/night/dream, victorious one)

Clan: Ventrue

Physical Description: A Byzantine woman who is warm and attractive. Her poise and manners put you at ease and invite your eyes to linger upon her. She stands around 5í6Ē. Her form is neither slim nor plump and is most provoking. She is a dish appetizing to mortal and immortal alike. Careful observation may reveal a glint in her eye betraying calculating thoughts.

Personality: Nisa likes for things to be calm and orderly. Even if they are not she will try to generate the appearance of such. For the most part she keeps a level head and expects others to do the same. That is not to say she does not express passion and emotion occasionally.

Those with power, influence, wealth, or strength take from those who do not. These facts have been hammered into her since childhood. Her new undead gifts have given her the opportunity to do the same in return. When it comes to those who would bleed her or Constantinople, she has a ruthless streak a mile wide. She does respect her sire and heeds them, intent on climbing the undead ladder to power and prosperity. She will remember those who were loyal and true to her on the way up. She will revisit the disloyal and repulsive when the time is right.

Around others of power she will be demure and follow expected etiquette, though personal dignity is considered. Around equals and lessers, she will respond respectfully, each accordingly as deserved. Incompetence she no patience for.

She loves to be admired. If not in control of a situation, she expects to at least have a voice that is heard. Flattery works. Treachery kills.

When push comes to shove, she will.

Background:
A Basic Draft

Nisa was the daughter of a lesser lord in living in Constantinople, the largest and wealthiest city in Europe. With this wealth came jealousy from the cities of the Christian west, especially Venice. Ever were they interfering with the affairs of the Byzantine Empire. The Byzantine Emperor responded by making promises to support the crusaders in the west that he could not keep. He then began bleeding his own lords dry to try and fulfill these promises. Nisa found her father going from a generous Christian man to one with worries and little money. The debt decreed upon her father was impossible to pay. In order to fulfill the family debt Nisa and her sisters were given up to vile Venetian vultures come to Constantinople to collect. Nisa was not quite a child then but still, not yet a woman when this occurred. She clearly recalls being taken from her family in a river of tears. It was then her education in the cruelty of the world and the hypocrisy of its leaders began. She adapted and survived. There was no other choice.

Experience: I have little experience with VTM. Seems most every game I have gotten into has evaporated in short order. I am using online sources at the moment. If accepted and this game gets off the ground I have no problems purchasing materials needed.

Other: I have years of role playing experience in other genres, both online and in person. I would also like to add I am well aware an important part of the game is giving other people room to play their characters and opportunities to shine. I am content playing a secondary role when others are doing well. I can also step up and play a lead if needed too. The storyteller has the final say in how the game is run.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
WantGame WantGame WantGame
Yep. If violence isn't solving all of your problems? Then you are probably just not applying enough of it. :P

Last edited by WantGame; Oct 13th, 2021 at 11:51 AM.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 02:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 948
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Quote:
Thanks! Sounds really fun but I'm going to take a pass. Enjoy!
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Black Lives Matter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3762
slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick
Complete!

The Healer's Path
left-aligned image

Character Name: Fatima al-Ghazali

Clan: Salubri (Healer Caste)

Physical Description: Stranger even than Fatima's third eye is her ever-present smile. Even when her lips lay flat, that smile twinkles in her dark eyes. There is a serenity to her bearing, making it all the more terrifying when her benign demeanor cracks. Her clothing is typical of her homeland, swathes of colorful wool with contrasting brocade. Silken veils shield her forehead and her tell-tale Valeran mark. Undeath has paled her olive skin and hollowed her cheeks, but her figure remains soft, with rounded hips and gentle curves.

Personality: Tenderness suffuses Fatima's actions, moved by the fragility of life and unlife alike. When tempers flare, her quick wit and calm words intervene to defuse the situation. Not too proud to turn the other cheek and forgive, but not naive enough to forget. Among humans, she seeks out the faithful and wise to glean their insight and soothes their ailments with gentle hands. To those Cainites willing to befriend a Souleater, she offers counsel on matters of the heart and soul. This generosity of spirit and ease gives some the impression Fatima is weak, or easy to manipulate. Good. Let them think her foolish. She knows the paths vitae wends through the body, and those who make her a target will find no relief in her touch.

Background: Fatima never dreamt beyond tomorrow. Why bother? One day felt much like the next, tending goats in the hills of Judea. The most exciting day of her life was when she accompanied her father to Jerusalem and caught the attention of a butcher, landing herself an enviable match. Her husband, Hashim, was incurious but kind. He provided for his wife and, after a time, two young daughters and an infant son. But then the Christians laid siege and sweet Hashim fell beneath their blades.

Fatima sought refuge for her family in the hospital, where she tended warriors and civilians alike. Their maladies were not so different from goats, and she found comfort in setting bones and staunching wounds. She never thought herself clever, but a physicker named Zayn took her under his wing. He carried a hefty tome, filled with strange cures and detailed drawings of the body. At night, when the city held its breath for the next wave of attacks and her children slept, he taught her.

One evening, he asked if she feared death. Fatima replied that she did not, but she feared it would take her too soon and leave her children unprotected. Zayn revealed his true nature and offered her the Embrace. His gift allowed Fatima to escape the city with her children. She returned to her family, explaining away her odd sleeping habits as melancholy and mourning. But instead of joy at watching her children grow, she felt bitterness as each breath stole their precious lives away. Fatima left without a word after she stopped herself moments before turning her son. The image of his sleeping face as her fangs hovered inches from his neck still haunts her.

Zayn found her that night on a bluff overlooking the city. Together, they journeyed to Cyprus, then Constantinople. On the way, he continued his instruction in the healing arts, as well as the tenets of their clan, and the intrigues of the Cainites. They parted after a time, Zayn returning to the Holy Land and Fatima continuing west. Now, she tends to the human herd and thinks only of tomorrow.

Experience: My first TTRPG was a Vampire: Dark Ages game, but it was brief. I played a long campaign of Hunter: The Reckoning and dabbled in other OWOD systems, so I am familiar with similar mechanics, but not so much with the lore.

Other: I love cooperating with the group to tell a good story. To that end, I am happy to adjust her backstory and am open to feedback from those with more knowledge of VtM politics and lore. I am drawn to the Salubri both due to the tension with the other clans after the destruction of their sire and their relationship to humanity.

Last edited by slapstick; Yesterday at 11:34 AM.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 828
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Mostly just for curiosity (since I'm busy the next few days and don't have time before Sat to make a character sheet), how different is V20 from Revised? I played 3 whole sessions of Revised before covid stopped us, and I just watched a V20 character creation video on yt that seemed near identical to what I remembered doing. Also, is Dark Ages a special alternate setting, simular to Eberron for D&D? My previous game was set in Chicago, which it sounded like most of the material was set in semi-present/current times in the "real world".
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 01:24 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 113
Longes Longes
V20 vs. Revised - similar, but different in details. Think DnD 3.5 vs. Pathfinder rather than 3.5 vs. 5e.

Dark Ages - well, it's still VtM but instead of real Earth in modern days it is set on real Earth about a thousand years ago.
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 01:37 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7381
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longes View Post
Dark Ages - well, it's still VtM but instead of real Earth in modern days it is set on real Earth about a thousand years ago.
It's also one of the best ways to design Elder Vampires IMHO! Just whip them up using the Dark Ages book, then just give them the xp to indicate the passage of time, and bam. Elder vampire.
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I have to withdraw. Vampires are pretty cool to me but I'm more of an action buff than political, social intrigue. And this might be difficult to do without the book. Thank you for consideration