twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 28th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 199
silveroak silveroak
There is no limit to how many characters you make of any type, only to how many can be in a given adventure.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24
Angelus820
This looks interesting
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
jemmus jemmus jemmus
'Lo, sounds interesting! Do we post an application with the character's information here, or send a PM to DM?
And just a note to DM, because I'm an old "live" GM too and learning about Play by Post games. Here's what I've seen about how games tend to go so far.
-Posting once per day or more is considered a fast-paced game.
-Some people post quickly and consistently. And they courteously wait for the whole round of all players to post before they post again.
-If the GM steps in and moves the timeframe/action forward, people don't mind. The character who ghosted just disappears from the story, and everybody understands is OK with it.
-If the GM doesn't step in keep things moving forward at a reasonable pace, the game will stall out and expire of natural or unnatural causes. Seems that GMs need to be internet community cat herders, as well as Game Masters.

I want to DM a fast-paced game here too, and I've been thinking about how to do it. I think this is what I'd do.
-In the ad, shout in Bold, "Posting rate-- Once per day. It doesn't have to be epic. 'X goes along with the crew, in a place in the marching order around the middle. Sorry all, I'm out for a few days, be back'"
-If no post by a player after 2 days, PM to check them. Who knows what might they might have missed or just forgotten?
-After no more than 2 days, move things forward. Or at least post some maybe world-building enrichment content. Give something back to the daily watching people.
-A big extra chore, but that's the nature of internet societies, I think: A PM saying something like: "Hello X, To keep the game going and not let it die out, we have to move it along. If you need more time to post, just say, or say in the game thread. We can wait." You have to boot them if the don't respond. ")
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by jemmus; Dec 30th, 2020 at 08:07 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 02:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2889
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
The link to the application thread is in the first post.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 809
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Are you still recruiting? Iím new here but this looks interesting.
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silveroak silveroak
yes, I am still recruiting.
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1054
Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion Erchamion
Hi, are warforged allowed as a playable race?

I'm thinking goblins as an alternative. Is it possible for a goblin slave to earn their freedom somehow? Would they be allowed to live in Carlsport, or are they relegated to the outside domains?

Last edited by Erchamion; Jan 12th, 2021 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silveroak silveroak
Yes, a goblin slave could earn or be granted their freedom at the discretion of their owner, and a free goblin would be allowed to live in carlsport.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 04:32 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 285
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
I posted an application. Replying here to subscribe to the thread, for reference purposes.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Dragon-obsessed Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2273
AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP
Hey, this sounds really interesting. I do have a few questions.

1. Are you still taking applicants/when do you want an application finished?

2. You listed Dragonborn as an allowed race. There have been two variants for that race released in the Wildemount book Are those also allowed?

3. How closely does background lore, such as cosmology/planes, racial cultures/creation stories, physiological details, etc, in this campaign setting resemble official/Forgotten Realms lore?

4. Similarly, how stringent are things like racial alignment/attitudes? I noticed that, under Creation, the section related to Volo's mentioned the Lizardfolk tending toward neutrality (seemingly in contrast to the other races, typically given evil alignments) as well as the Yuan-Ti being noted for their disdain.

5. Under Religion, you mentioned that there is a large number of deities worshipped in this setting beyond that of the major pantheons. Does this mean that any official deity is permitted within this setting?

Posting status: in classes. Will check/post at least once a day.
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 01:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silveroak silveroak
1) this has open rolling enrollment, there is no deadline.
2) I do not have the Wildemount book, so no. The only races which currently are allowed outside of PHB are a select list (on the wiki) from Volo's and the Tiefling variants in Tome of Foes.
3) this campaign throws forgotten realms cosmology out the window.
4) Alignment itself is treated differently in this game, and is there is no mandatory alignment. The only alignment based restrictions are that if you are going to play evil you play it intelligently and not as off the rails antisocial psychopath- and no murder hobos.
5) no, it means that there are a lot of *minor* deities without temples and potentially minor followings, and some things may be worshiped which are not technically actual deities (for example, devils, demons, upper level not-divine celestials, whatever the Kua Toa came up with this week, etc. (note: there are at this point no actual Kua Toa in Carlsport city) It gives space for customization and if you want to run an official deity by me to see if it is allowed that is fine. Most deities will be lesser known members of the 3 main pantheons, but as may be noted a deity is not restricted to a single pantheon, and may be a major player in one pantheon and a minor deity in another.
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silveroak silveroak
yes, please read the wiki to fit your concept to the setting.
Old Jun 1st, 2021, 03:06 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
ig my pre made dragonborn samurai is out.... Do we roll now or after chosen? and where do we roll?

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 4th, 2021 at 05:01 AM.
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 03:40 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Ryanfromstatefarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
Game NameAdventures of Carlsport
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSeeking fortunes/character development
FlavourSimulation
Plot SummaryCarlsport is run without a plot structure, where actions and decisions of characters can affect not only the outcome of their own adventures but also developments in the setting itself. Players may have multiple characters and different adventures can be run in parallel.

Carlsport is a port city which grew from a remote fortification of an empire which fell, leaving Carlsport abandoned. It is going through a period of growth based on trade and exploration of both the surrounding lands and the ocean. Adventurers abound and are seen as a respected profession well integrated into Carlsport's social structure.
This is the begining information to get started.
Requests to join/submit characters should be made here.

Characters will begin at level 1 and potentially advance up to level 40 (max 20 for primary class, max 15 for secondary classes). Advancement can go quickly due to 2 rules, the first being the rules and assessment of social combat, and the second being that victory s not required to gain experience from an encounter- survival will suffice.

Races may be human, Elven, Half elven, Halfling, Dwarven, Gnomish, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Orc, Half Orc, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Bugbear, Kobold, Lizardan, or Yuan Ti Pureblood. There are no variant humans- to me this has echoes of real world racism so I do not allow it- humans are humans.

Classes may be Artificer, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Expert, Fighter, Healer, Monk, Paladin, Prodigy, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warrior, Warlock, or Wizard.

While a posting rate of 1/day or higher is preferred, I understand that life happens ad not everyone has ever day available. The key will be to communicate so that games do not get hung up due to non-responsive players, including the possibility of designating alternate players for characters or takin a lot of downtime between adventures if you are not available. I would anticipate I can handle 20-40 posts a day most days (I am retired).

Stats will be rolled by taking 4d6, keeping the top three dice, 7 times, then arranging the top 6 scores in the stats you prefer. Rolling stats will be done after the character is accepted in a private thread, not before applying.

Also note that languages do not follow racial patterns for mortals- exotic languages remain the same.

All alignments are welcome, but they must be played reasonably. See the story of Charles the Good (spoiler, he wasn't actually good) for an example of being pragmatically evil.
Im Pretty new here but im really interested in this campaign if you still have space and if you don't mind someone new
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 02:25 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
is this still open?