DnD5e Out of the Abyss - an Underdark Adventure - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 15th, 2021, 12:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8056
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
I believe my app is finished.
Old Aug 15th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1324
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Just back today, I'll see about setting the forum up this week. If I get it done early I might close this early and make final picks, will let you all know in advance though.
Old Aug 15th, 2021, 12:28 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5500
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Hey Chaucer, can you give us a rough deadline that you may have in mind? Will try to finish mine up asap, regardless. I'm just unsure whether to steadily chug along or to light a raging fire under my butt
Old Aug 15th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniLore View Post
Hey Chaucer, can you give us a rough deadline that you may have in mind? Will try to finish mine up asap, regardless. I'm just unsure whether to steadily chug along or to light a raging fire under my butt
Hey there, Iím tentatively thinking of making picks in the week of 23rd August depending on how quickly I can complete the forum setup. If thatís not enough time though feel free to shout at me and I can push it back
Old Aug 15th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2487
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App - WIP
left-aligned image

Name: Venku Battle-Born Thugila
Class: Fighter - Battle Master
Race: Goliath
Alignment: NG
Background: Outlander - Tribal Nomad

Personality Trait
1: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
2: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.

Bond
It is my duty to provide children to sustain my tribe.
My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Ideal
Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan. (Any)

Flaw
There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish. (In line with the Goliath fair play mentality)

-
Personality:
Wip

Backstory:
Wip

RP Sample:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Aug 15th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th August.
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 02:38 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Abyss Application
Basic InformationReal Name: Mundo Talisen Fake Name: Allistar Koren
Race: Changeling
Class: Bard - College of Creation
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Charlatan - (My Scam) I learn to change into my target and steal what wealth I can before skipping town.

How Character PlaysPersonality: Mundo was raised being told that the truth will only get him killed. After his mother and father were murdered for being found out that they were changelings, he learned the hard way about what it is to be someone of his kind. Since his life needed to be a lie to survive in this world, he figures at this point, why not have some fun doing it, and has become a compulsive liar. He keeps a notebook that allows him to track his lies with the people he cons, so that if he needs to, he can go pack and pick up where he left off, if need be.

Having his family taken away from him by a sanctioned by the lords group called The Hunters, he has grown to hate people of authority, especially those that have power, influence, authority over other people and that have a great deal of wealth. So he toys with them, changing who he is to learn about them, then when he feels the timing is right, he changes into them and takes out funds in their name, or make ridiculous charges to their estates. Using his charm and great deception skills, he is able to convince most people that he is who he is pretending to be. When he gets what he needs, he then lays low for a time, and spends what he received on himself, his friends, and to changeling families that he has come into contact with. Because changelings look after one another, no matter what.

He is an independent individual that does what he wants and gets what he wants, he doesn't like to be held down, or captured, and will do everything he can possibly do to get out of that situation. Either with his words, magic, or by physical means, those that have captured him, often find him hard to stay captured, and with his ability, he is often able to escape right through the front doors of the prison he is being held in.

His one other passion that makes him an honest income, is his skills with the viol, playing music in taverns or on the streets, he knows a number of songs that people enjoy, crowd pleasers. But when left to his own choice, he plays some of the saddest music you have ever heard, it's the only real release he has anymore of how he truly feels, and in that moment when he plays, he is himself for that small moment in time.

Personality Traits: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want. / I lie about almost everything, even when there's no good reason to.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit – no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
Bond: A powerful person killed someone I love. Some day soon, I'll have my revenge.
Flaw: I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Looks LikeAppearance (include picture): His normal look is a pale white humanoid being, 6'0" tall, with long white hair and dark, black eyes. He doesn't have many features, looking almost alien like, with smooth skin, if someone were to describe how he looked, they would compare him to a statue that has been worn over many years by the elements.

The figure that he chooses to be who he is in public, is a tall man, thin, but muscly looking build. His skin is a tanned olive colour, with deep, warm, maple syrup coloured eyes. His hair changes from white to jet black, long and well groomed. His facial features of that of a gorgeous man, with a strong chin line and just an overall handsome face. It looks like he has just come out of a spa, absolutely glowing with beauty.

His clothing doesn't change between the two, he will often wear high quality or costume clothing. His shirt is a well taken care of shirt, with a long cut v-neck, with tailored pants that fit just a little loose to his lower body. Overtop is a long dark red trench coat, lined with golden yellow trim, it often is sitting on his shoulders, rather than properly worn, and even has a couple straps built in across the front, at the top of it so that he can keep it on himself. His boots are also play the part, looking like shiny brown leather boots that go up past his calves, the top rolled down and flared out.

HistoryBackstory: Mundo was born being asked for forgiveness from his changeling parents. For they knew what his life entailed when he took his first breath. He was considered, by the vast majority of the world, an abomination, a freak, something that should be killed on site and only his kind would ever shed a tear. For the first 5 years, he was isolated, only allowed to be in contact with his parents and their closest of friends, who were also changelings. The reason was that he had to learn how to change his appearance and the importance of why he had to change his form, and become that form, rather than how he was born.

He understood, for the most part, but to be safe, he was always wearing baggy clothing with large hoods, in order to hide his appearance if he were to lose control and change to his natural form. There were a few close calls, but luckily, those that were in the know were always around to cover, distract for him, it was their way. When he became an adult and figured an image that he wanted to live with, he was able to dress himself how he liked.

He was naturally talented with story telling and music, picking up the viol and never letting it down. His parents were good story tellers, so he learned how to be one himself through them. When he appeared at local talent shows, the villagers would always gather to listen to his tall tales, or his songs on the viol.

He was happy, until the hunters came, people that preached that changelings were invaders that needed to be exterminated, and that they were excellent in finding out they were, and ridding their village of their "infestation." At first, they weren't worried, they had seen other make such claims, only to prove that they weren't who they said they were. But after three families were discovered and killed, things got real, real quick, and plans were made to get out of there.

They hired someone to get them away, but he didn't arrive on time, and they came for them. They hid Mundo in a secret compartment in their house, told him to be quiet. He did, and he had to witness the murder of his father and the capture of his mother by a man, who called himself Letto Gozain, the leader of the hunters. They left, and Mundo stayed, he stayed until the door opened again, and the voice of the man who arrived too late, he was panicked, he knew he wasn't on time, and he saw the body of Mundo's father lying on the floor. He called out to Mundo, and he came out of his hiding place. The man apologized over and over again, saying that there was no excuse for him being late, Mundo, still fearing for his life, told the man to get him out of there. That night, he left with the man, the last image he ever saw of his old home, was that of his mom, hanging from a tree branch. While people cheered and drank, he escaped.

The man kept his word and smuggled Mundo to Waterdeep, where he was given papers, with a blank space for a name, a new name, to start a new life. He didn't give himself a new name yet, he didn't know who he was supposed to be anymore so his first few years were tough, he learned a lot during that time, as well as what his inherent talents offered him. He learned to become great at deception, to come up with reasonable lies, big and small, to get what he wanted. Then he learned to change his form to become the person that his target most desired. After taking what he wanted, he would leave for a time, let things settle and return, or continue on in a nearby area, if the target was worth it.

He was currently courting a grave digger, a thief of the dead, Mundo had won her heart to see what kind of treasures would be found in a newly discovered tomb, deep within some mountains. It was then that he was ambushed by the Drow, and taken to the Underdark, where now, he is currently a prisoner.

RP SampleRP Sample: Mundo/Allistar waited as the performer before him finished up with their playing, he did some final tuning to his viol as he stood there, doing his best to not get in the way of the player before him. When they were done, the left the stage and the innkeeper/host came to the front of the stage as the people clapped for them.

"Thank you Henry, now, for the remainder of the night, I would like to introduce Allistar! Please put your hands together for this talented up and comer!" He announced as he clapped his hands, some of the patrons clapped, a few were louder than the others, as they had heard his music before and enjoyed it. His hair was tied into a tight bun, showing off his handsome face, and took off his trench coat, showing off his lean, muscular build, some of the women, and a few men whistled as he folded it over his right arm, holding his viol. He smiled to them and gave them a salute with his bow.

As he came to the stage, the innkeeper got close to him and whispered that he should play something nice for the crowd, then can work in his sadder music later on in the night, when the patrons were leaving. As much as he hated not being able to play what he was feeling, he understood the business, and was paid pretty good to play here. So he nodded and took the stage, there was a stool in the middle, where he placed his coat to act as a cushion for him and took a seat and placed his viol on his shoulder, he then placed his bow on the instrument and strung a quick scale.

"Hello everyone, I hope that you're having a great night, and I hope to make it even better!" He said, his voice soft, calming, yet commanding of the peoples attention, those that were close to the stage looked more interested after hearing him speak, both male and female. He then began to stamp his right foot, giving him the tempo that he wanted, he then began to play a jig that was becoming a favourite starter for places such as this.

"If you like to dance, please come forward and let all that stress out, this night is yours, enjoy!" He says as he raises his bow, pointing to the sky, then placing it onto the strings of his viol.

The song Mundo/Allistar plays for the crowd

As the song picks up, it's like some of the people couldn't control themselves, with the aid of alcohol, they made their way to the space in front of the stage, and began to dance. The people laughed and cheered as he played, the innkeeper smiled, handing out drinks from the bar. People started to come in that could hear him play from outside. It seemed that tonight was going to be a good night.

In the back of his head, he wondered, if they would feel the same way if they knew who he really was. Would they still dance? Would they be cheering as loudly as they were now? He doubted it, but he was not Mundo, the changeling now, he was Allistar, the viol prodigy. He continued to play, until the bar had cleared out for the night.

Last edited by The Dark Star; Aug 18th, 2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 03:24 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Last call for anyone wanting to apply.
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 06:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
cyphre187
Im working on an application character as fast as I can. School finals are slowing me down some on finishing my character
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 05:53 PM
Running the shadows again

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion Davion
Looks like fun. Nice applicants list everyone. Try not to die toooo fast!
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 06:05 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5500
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Alright, I think my app is complete. Good luck everybody!
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 07:29 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are now closed. I shall make announcements in short order once I've gone through all the applications.
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6415
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Best of luck picking players for your game, and good luck to everyone !
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4477
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
I was watching the applications closely.

Tough competition!

Best of luck to all who applied.
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 10:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8056
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Good luck all