DnD5e Out of the Abyss - an Underdark Adventure - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 24th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1324
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Thank you all for the time and effort you put into your applications, there were a variety of strong ones in here to pick from, however the number of spaces in this game were quite limited in terms of how many I felt comfortable with taking on.

That all said, I have decided to take the following characters into the game:-

Odyssey: Caelas Tyn'viir
DemonSlayer: Kethra Vaath
lydklein: Rahime Amakas
DaniLore: Valyria Knox

Thank you again for the wonderful applications to choose from.
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 02:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21254
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Good luck everyone! And congratulations on making the cut!
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 05:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 351
Onward Onward Onward Onward
Yeah, congrats and good luck.
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 10:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1369
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
oh boy!
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 02:11 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Good luck and have fun!
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
congrats all that made it.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 06:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am reopening this thread to replace the ranger who has recently dropped out. The game has been running just short of two months and we are just about to conclude a daring prison break so now would be a good time to bring in replacements.

I will be looking to bring in at least one, possibly more based on the strength of the applications. If you have previously applied and are still interested then let me know, or if anyone would like to submit a new application then I am also happy to consider this.

No closing date for this as of yet but it will be inside the next couple of weeks.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 06:15 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2487
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Would my fighter be able to apply or will it mess up the party balance?
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 06:16 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
You may apply with a fighter, and anyone in general can apply with whatever concept that they desire provided it fits in with the sources quoted in the original post.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 06:18 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Toronto Alonzo lives again.

I'm interested in re-applying for my fighter to the team.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 07:02 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2487
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App
left-aligned image

Name: Venku Battle-Born Thugila
Class: Fighter - Battle Master
Race: Goliath
Alignment: NG
Background: Outlander - Tribal Nomad

Personality Trait
1: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
2: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.

Bond
It is my duty to provide children to sustain my clan.
My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Ideal
Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan. (Any)

Flaw
There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish. (In line with the Goliath fair play mentality)

-
Personality:

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Oct 13th, 2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 07:07 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Toronto Alonzo
Race: Variant Human (Magic Initiate)
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Alignment: CN
Background: Entertainer (Storyteller)
Personality Traits: I know a story relevant to almost every situation
I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
Ideal: People. I like seeing the smiles on people's faces when I perform. That's all that matters.
Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.
Flaw: I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake that I will likely repeat.
Appearance: Toronto stands at 5'11" tall and weighs 110 pounds. He looks like any other human, fair skin tone, well trimmed mustache, blue eye color and raven colored hair. He usually wears red clothing's along with a white sleeve, also leather armor on top. Whatever clothes he wears, their will always be a red cape, no matter what. Even if he has no clothes to wear, he'll always have a red cape handy. When people asks why, he responds by saying it makes him look dashing. He also carries a lute with him and a rapier at his belt.
Personality: Toronto is a very enthusiastic young man that exudes confidence. Not because he thinks of himself as high and mighty, but because he likes to take a more optimistic and confident persona. He'd rather make someone happy than feel insignificant. However, Toronto doesn't like people thinking themselves as high and mighty when they don't have the evidence to prove it. So he'd sometimes make some mockery to the offender, however the offender is usually a noble but that never stopped him from mocking others he thinks deserve it. He also has a love for fantastical stories of adventure, magic and strange creatures. But what he loves most of all is performing those stories to an audience, to show his love for his hobby to the world and in exchange the world would give him their adoration, even a simple smile is enough to move his heart.
Backstory: Toronto Alonzo lived a glamorous life of luxury. His parents were just unseemly rich, mostly cause they were a family of merchant wizards that made a profit on mundane magic items like boots of warmth, pants that'll stay clean forever, a shovel that could dig better than an ordinary one, etc. Basically Toronto could have anything he wanted with his family's wealth. But what he loved most of his home was the library, it all manner of lore and journal entries telling the ventures of the writer. His favorite one was an adventurer that traveled the lands with his party, wielding both magic and swordplay with finesse and might. This inspired Toronto, and also made him decide that he wanted to adventure too.

So he grabbed one of the Alonzo's family spell training books, rapier, a bunch of gold pieces, and leather armor and set's up to his adventure in all a manner of a day. The day in question was an unfortunate event after another, all in order he got mugged, lost all the money and jewelry he had, broke a kneecap when starting a fight at a bar, then broke another kneecap by stealing the stables horses, he was then dropped down to the nearby river and went upstream where he was attack by a swarm of ravenous dogs. All in one day, their he was, beaten, battered and all his kneecaps broken. He was in despair, his dreams of adventuring have come to an end as soon as it started. That's when at that moment he met a travelling troupe of entertainers, they nursed him back to help when they saw the state he was in.

For days he was being taken care of the troupe, and he regaled them with the unfortunate tale of his adventure. And they all laugh as he acted out the parts of his misfortune, seeing their smiles didn't make him feel angry but he felt relieved and laugh at his own expense. The troupe then asked if he would join them, seeing as their traveling around the continent, and Toronto agreed, his thirst for adventure now rekindled. Throughout his time with the troupe, he learned how to play the lute and has bettered his performance in storytelling. He made some troubles with the troupe at one point when some nobles bad-mouthed a members performance, but everything went smoothly after that, everything was fine. However all good days must come to an end, as one night the drow raided the traveling troupes camp and killed everyone but Toronto.
RP Sample: It was just a usual day, the troupe was performing splendidly at a village and Toronto did a grand job with his storytelling performance. And as the troupe decided to leave and camp out on the woods tonight, shadows from the dark move through the surface and await their prey.

Toronto was busy thinking about a new story for his performance, but can't seem to get it down that he couldn't sleep. So he decided to write down his material, that's when he noticed something strange. Their was no sound coming from the troupe, sure it's nighttime, but usually at this hour the musicians usually practice their ballad yet it's eerily quite. Something was not right, so Toronto quitely took a peek out of his tent, then noticed the blood and arrows on the other tents.

Toronto was stunned at the sight, he took his rapier and lute to check the scene out for survivors of this unseen attack. Their were none, all he found were the assailants that did the deed. Dark skinned elves, Toronto knows of these type of elves as drow, their were three in total and looked at Toronto with surprised. "Looks like we've missed one.", says a drow wearing armor and wielding a whip, she looks to be the leader of this squad. They aim their bow at Toronto, but he didn't flinch. He was mad at what they done but he knows he couldn't beat them, not with his meager strength and spells. Downcast, he looked at his blade, then at his lute. He smiled and looked toward the drow, he then gives bow, "Milady, if you would stay your aim for a bit, I would like to serenade such beauty before I die. I promise you won't regret it.", he says, strumming his lute with a nice tune. The leader ponders that request before and then signals the others to hold fire. The leader toward Toronto and ask,"Proceed, and make it amusing.", so Toronto gives her a nod and begins strumming his lute. He looks toward one drow as he plays his instruments and sings,"My, oh my, I thought I'd never thought I'd ever see this day. Or maybe the proper word is smell, cause my God, that's the foulest and it's emanating from you. You smell as foul as Balor would, no , even worse than that. Might I suggest something called a perfume.", he says while pinching his nose at the drow he looked at. Said drow was furious, proceeded to punch him, breaking his nose and forming a black eye. But this didn't deterred him, as he looked toward the other drow,"Ah, now look at you, a drow. Tell me, tell me, you praise Lolth, the spider queen, so tell me. Was your mother a drider, or was your arse always that big." he says, which he receive a response that involved a swift and sharp kick to the groin. However he doesn't broke down yet, he continues strumming his lute as the drow grew irritated at the minstrels antics, he puts his toward their leader, "Don't be mad, don't be so vain. I mean, you accepted a Hill Giant as your leader, so beauty to you has no meaning. Oh wait, what's that, your a drow, oh I apologise. It's just your so fat and your face doesn't help with your complexion at all, it even looks likes the butt of a hill giant, too." as he said that, the leader lost all patients at that last line. So using her whip, she lacerated Toronto's legs, not enough to cut it off but enough cause excruciating amounts of pain. Toronto knelt down, a look of pain appears on his face but he didn't scream. He only continued playing his instrument and looked toward the drow leader,"You may cut me down, you may break every bone in my body, and you may break my mind itself, but you will never hear me beg or scream. Cause I am Toronto Alonzo the Adventurer, come at me." he says, spitting at the leaders face. The other drow prepare to kill him, but their leader stops,"Hold! Bring him along with the rest of the villagers, he will be an amusing toy to break." she says, then Toronto felt his conscious fading as the leader punch him to knock him out. He fades to darkness.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
If Badger has a chance, I will definitely reapply with him.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 09:01 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I have almost too many games already and the character I first brought to the table was not a ranger, would it be okay to post another character that is ranger or ranger-y?

Also, where can I roll some dice? I am feeling quite lucky lately.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Oct 13th, 2021 at 10:05 PM.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, I'll stick with my cleric app