DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 12th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25645
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Character Application for Consideration
Kaiser Gunter Schönheit
goes by Gunter

Back where I came from, boy, they used to say,
‘You shouldn’t speak ill of the dead.’
Well I say to hell with that…
You can speak ill of them all you want,
You can yell curses into their damned faces, for all I care,
As long as you are also jamming a sword in their guts,
slicing off their heads, and burning their damned bodies.

right-aligned image
Basics:
Name: Gunter
Race: Human
Class: Blood Hunter (Ghostslayer)
Alignment: Neutral
Character Concept: Driven by grief, haunted by fear, he must find an answer for both.

Appearance:
Tall and lanky, almost skeletal, Gunter towers over most humans. Between his ugly face, bony body, and height he is quite an unnerving figure. He, unconsciously, tends to hunker over to try to minimize this, but this habit just gives him an even more inhuman hunchbacked look.

He is bald and has muddy brown eyes. He wears the simple garb of a uplands shepherd. Hard living as a shepherd and grief have left him looking far older than his forty-five years of age. He has suffered from his previous life as a shepherd out on the cold pastures of winter and has been scarred by frostbite. He is missing all the toes on his left foot, so he walks with a weird rolling limp.

Gunter's arms are scarred with old and new burn marks - each one signifying an abomination he has put down since finding himself on this side of the Mists.

5e Background Info:

Background: From Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft: Harrowing Event - Haunted by the disappearance of his wife's body from her grave. Brings nightmares and even mistakes strangers for her when awake. Horror Trinket - A blue ribbon worn in his wife's hair when she was buried. It was the only thing left behind in the grave.Haunted One
Personality Trait: Life is hard, and mine is harder than most, but there's no point in complaining. It's better to buckle down, get to work, and do something about it.

Ideal: I kill monsters to make the world a better place, and maybe, just maybe, end my own nightmare.

Bond: I know something horrible has been done with my wife's body. I must discover what and put an end to it.

Flaw: I have certain rituals that I must follow. I can never break them.
  • I compulsively brand myself for every abomination I put down.
  • I must always leave a Last Will behind before I go on a job, or I believe something very bad will happen.
  • Before sleeping, I always kiss the blue ribbon I carry. It is a ribbon my wife used to wear in her hair.

Character Background:
~~ Last Will and Testament ~~

Name’s Kaiser Gunter Schönheit, (Yeah, I know it's pompous sounding, but it’s the name Ma gave me. She was a good woman, all things considered, but as daft as a drunk weasel she was. Imagine naming a shepherd's get - Kaiser...daft as two drunk weasels...in a sack) you can call me Gunter...though, as I'm mostly likely dead, you probably won't be calling me nothing.

Being of sound mind and not acting under any duress, I do make this here Last Will and Testament and declare all previous copies are null,void, and total crap.

I was a simple shepherd on the edge of the Forgotten Realms- northeastern FaerunRawlinswood in Damara. It was a tough life, but it was a life. I had a wife and a flock of sheep, and I loved both (before you go getting ideas in your damned head, I don't mean in the same way). Then my world became a nightmare. Strange mists began to come and go, coating the hills of our farm and pastures at odd times. Then one night, after the Mists disappeared, I found my wife torn apart out on the frozen pasture. In grim grief I buried her that morning. That night the Mists coated our farm again and I could hear things shambling about in the darkness. The next day, I found her grave dug up and empty, a set of bare foot prints leading away and then simply disappearing into noting.

I was left with my grief, an empty grave, anger, and fears...fears of what had come out of that grave. I tried to keep my farm running, I tried to watch over my flock. Even in my grief, I succeeded until I was caught out one night searching for a lost lamb and the Mists came. I wandered and wandered, lost in the choking thickness until I stumbled out into a new place, a damned place, a place calling itself Falkovnia.

My Ma, besides being daft as a polecat that got into the corn whisky, also remembered the old magic and she taught me. I always thought it was more of her daft crap, but in this place, behind the Mists, it suddenly made sense. Now I spend the cheap coin of my life hunting damned atrocities and abominations, the walking dead and sometimes things even worse than the shamblers. Always hoping, always fearing to see my wife's face.

If you’re reading this here thing, then I’m most likely dead…but in this damned place who knows…If I ain't quite dead, if I come back somehow, but I ain't me, I'm some shambling dead thing...do me a favor and cut off my damned head and then burn my body just to be safe.

Enough about my sad sack of a story, here's the part most of you that are reading this probably care about, splitting up my damned stuff. Well most of what I own has probably been stolen by whomever or whatever killed me or those who called themselves my 'partners', but I do have a few things set aside:
  • To my cousin, Hans, if some how this ever makes it back through the Mists to you, I leave the farm…it ain’t worth much, but there it is.
  • To the red-head tavern girl at the Griffon's Claw in Lekar, I don’t remember her name, I leave 20 silver. You shared a drink with me and even kissed my ugly cheek. I gave a broken-hearted old man a bit of comfort.
  • To the most miserable place I've ever seen, the orphanage in Lekar, I leave all the rest of my worldly goods. The kids there have suffered enough already and they probably have no future, but maybe this will help bring a little joy in the midst of the choking darkness that are their lives.

Well that's all I've got. Now don't forget - always cut off the head and then burn the damned body...just to be safe.

Signed and affirmed,
Kaiser Gunter Schönheit

Secret Section:

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; Sep 12th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4477
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystrom View Post
Snip-snap!
Added to the list, thanks Chrystrom!
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1324
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
I believe my app is now complete, let me know if I’ve missed anything or if there’s anything in there that doesn’t work for you .
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
I believe my app is now complete, let me know if I’ve missed anything or if there’s anything in there that doesn’t work for you .
It all looks good to me!

Updated.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 04:28 AM
'Til all are one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4778
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Just curious Chylopan, where are you having people roll their starting gold & HP? Or are you just happy for people to do it on the honour system (or giving people max 1st level gold)?
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 08:26 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon View Post
Just curious Chylopan, where are you having people roll their starting gold & HP? Or are you just happy for people to do it on the honour system (or giving people max 1st level gold)?
I'm using the honor system for all rolls until the game officially starts.

Good question.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21254
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Did I miss/overlook a post? The first app post states 27 point buy and 1st level wealth, so that's what I went by. Doesn't really matter I suppose until one sees if one's application makes the cut and they get into the game. Incidentally, it just occurred to me that referring to oneself as "one" may be detrimental in one being accepted into the game. If so, I for one apologize.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Did I miss/overlook a post? The first app post states 27 point buy and 1st level wealth, so that's what I went by. Doesn't really matter I suppose until one sees if one's application makes the cut and they get into the game. Incidentally, it just occurred to me that referring to oneself as "one" may be detrimental in one being accepted into the game. If so, I for one apologize.
Nope, that is correct.

27 point buy for initial creation, take level 1 starting wealth and equipment, level up to 3 (since that's where we'll be for the start of the campaign).
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
I may be being a dumbass, but I can't see a closing date?
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 351
Onward Onward Onward Onward
It's found in the application section, the Application Deadline is September 30th
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 08:15 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post
I may be being a dumbass, but I can't see a closing date?
It is September 30th.

However, if I get a really great last minute application or two I may delay it 1-2 days.

Beyond that, it's fairly set in stone.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 09:04 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1128
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I'm sorry but I have to withdraw.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 11:10 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
No worries to all those who've had to withdraw!

I understand!
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 12:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Application

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Leila Aliard

Race: Human

Class: Sorcerer / Rogue

Background: Entertainer

Personality traits: 1) Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension. 2) I like a job well done, especially if I can convince someone else to do it.

Ideals: I like seeing the smiles on people’s faces when I perform. That’s all that matters.

Bonds: My instrument is my most treasured possession, and it reminds me of someone I love.

Flaws: Despite my best efforts, I am unreliable to my friends.

Character Appearance: Leila is around 5’8”, with auburn hair, and large hazel eyes. When meeting her for the first time, people’s gaze is naturally drawn to her eyes. What is it about her eyes? She isn’t angry or judging, there is no sign of ill will or duplicity, she seems engaged and interested; friendly but not overly so; there is an intelligence, a calmness. A young man seeking her favor sees a friendliness - perhaps a gentle encouragement. Her parents see their little girl, full of kindness - lovely and grown up. When they were young, her brothers saw her mischievousness and playfulness. And the patrons at the Elderberry Inn see someone to talk to, to share their troubles and stories. Nearly everyone who meets her is enchanted by the quiet sparkle in her eyes and her welcoming smile. People see what they want to see. They trust her. It’s not something Leila tries to do; it’s just the way it is.

Leila dresses plainly, often wearing a modest corset and blouse, with a plain skirt, and leather cape. Her skin is unblemished by work, her hands are soft and delicate. Her arms are tattooed with swirling red and black patterns. She says she saw it in a dream.

Character Background:

Secret Application Section

Last edited by O2CXt3; Sep 26th, 2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added note about discord server question
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 458
CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue
Character Application
Basics
Name: Jade Osco
Race: Halfling
Class:Rogue | Arcane Trickster Archetype
Sex: Male
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Height:2 feet 9 inches
Weight:31 pounds

Appearance
left-aligned image
Jade Osco

Small and sickly, Jade can easily be mistaken for a dusty piece of decor in a room. His hair is unkept, long, and continues to grow of its own volition, often times covering a fair portion of his face.

With little regard for hygiene, Jade wears a rag-like top - most likely torn away from an owner who didn't need it any longer, pants to go with and what seems to be a cape fashioned from someone's curtains. At first glance, although dirty, his attire is dark and tailored to aid in camouflaging with the environment.

As a child born and raised in this hell, Jade's hands and neck are filled with scars - injuries inflicted by the various horrors that roam free in Falkovnia.

Character Background
Background:Urchin

Personality Trait:
  • I like to squeeze into small places where no one else can get to me.
  • I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.

Ideal: I help the people who help me - that's what keeps us alive.
Bond: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.

Flaws:
  • I'd rather kill someone in their sleep than fight fair.
  • It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Character BackgroundFalkovnia is the only world Jade has ever known. He was born to a family of five; the youngest of four; two sisters and a brother, his father was never in the picture. All he knows is that for some reason, his mother and his siblings were somehow transported here and had to stay here.

It was difficult to survive. The monthly onslaught of the dreaded horrors didn't make it easy. The family didn't own much to begin with. His mother cared for an orphanage and worried still for the children there while she struggled to find work in Falkovnia. Most days, they'd sleep hungry - the sound of growling stomachs lulling them to sleep. His siblings tried to help out as best as they could but it was never enough. The family struggled to keep themselves fed.

This, however, was how Jade lived two years ago. Two years ago, his mother and siblings died. He's been living as a street urchin ever since - picking up enough skills to survive and fend for himself.

Character Secret