DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 15th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4477
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Fun, new applicants!

I'll get you guys added to the list shortly!
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 09:05 AM
Old Moth

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1284
Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera
Character Application

BasicsName: Chatka Hollyhock
right-aligned image
Art by me!

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Basic Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Good
Class: Bard (College of Swords) Level 3

Appearance:
Among all the other curious strangers transported to Falkovnia, Chatka is a regular, young teenage girl, and a rather plain one at that. She isn’t particularly tall or lithe, her frame covered and almost weighed down visually by skirts and flowing sleeves, decorated in bright colours, patterns, and decorative ribbons. The garments would look like a practical performer’s costume if they hadn’t been faded and covered in a thin coat of Falkovnian dirt, all the way down to a pair of red, leather soled, dancer’s shoes.

Short, umber-brown hair frames sharp features and a pair of wide-set, brown eyes that stare out darkly from beneath a red kerchief, in a way that sometimes seems to unsettle older adults, but never children. For Chatka is a performer: her faded, unassuming costume concealing magic tricks, musical instruments, and dexterous muscles.

And in the moment of performance, when Chatka juggles her blades, or turns the dusty cogs of her hurdygurdy, the back of your neck will start to prickle, and you will think that perhaps there is a lot more to her than meet the simple, judging eye.

BackgroundChatka wasn’t always a lone performer. Not too long ago, before the damp, grey mists of Ravenloft swept her away and brought her to Falkovnia, her everyday view was that of stage lights, colourful tents, and warm caravan carts smelling of perfume and spun sugar. Her family, although mismatched, was large, happy, and bright. “Hollyhock Circus” is written in a curled, golden font on a vibrantly illustrated card that Chatka carries around with her, shown to anyone who might have heard or come across such a group. All she wants is to go back to that world of familiar magic and community. She would do anything to go back...

Of course, she hasn’t yet, but Chatka also isn’t one to have her spirit crushed so quickly. There are hearts to be raised in Falkovnia while she makes her getaway plan. And although the gloomy adults might not always appreciate it when Chatka performs, the children most certainly do. You can find small bands of them running down the dirty streets at the distant sound of cranking strings, and gathering around dim alleyways for a secret performance from “the girl with the knives”- and perhaps a treat of contraband candy.

Besides, if the bitter, sad adults do not join in the fun, Chatka feels not even a modicum of guilt about emptying their pockets or larder. And if they fight back, or try to take advantage of her based on appearance, they learn very quickly that Chatka’s knives are not just for performance.

Secrets and Such

Thought I would throw my hat into the ring! Feedback is appreciated ^^
Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Lepidoptera; Sep 16th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepidoptera View Post
Snip!
Looks good to me. I'll have you added to the list shortly.

Also, we're a little beyond the halfway point for the September 30th DeAdLiNe (spooooky) for applications!

Here's hoping we can nab a few more good ones before time runs out.

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 16th, 2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25645
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chylopan View Post
Also, we're a little beyond the halfway point for the September 30th DeAdLiNe (spooooky) for applications!

Here's hoping we can nab a few more good ones before time runs out.
Man Chylopan, you are a glutton for punishment This already looks like it is going to be a hard, head scratching choice to narrow down this list of applications to a party. I pity your abundance of riches

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; Sep 16th, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 02:45 AM
Blue Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11953
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The Force Mage
right-aligned image
Name: Gelepagros Udomorn
Race: Gem Dragonborn (Amethyst)Pending DM approval. The Gem Dragonborn is currently UA, but I'll be getting the official version on Oct 19th with the release of Fizban's. So only UA for a week or two into the game and then I will gladly make the transition to the official version, if you'll allow.*
Class: Wizard (Graviturgy)
Background: ProfessorModified Izzet Engineer (& no extra spell list)*
Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Gelepagros is a teacher, first and foremost. The amethyst dragonborn is of a calm manner, prone to taking on the patient but pedantic tones of a lecture when speaking on subjects that interest him or that he deems of vital importance to the moment. Like any good teacher, he is a good student and often admires the expertise of others, particularly when it is of an area completely alien to his own. Though not always the most effective communicator, Gelepagros is a warm soul at heart and possesses a deep appreciation for all manner of creature, even the ones that try to kill him.
  • Ideal: Cultivation. Creation is a miracle, to study and understand it a privilege, to protect it - a duty. It takes skill and time to create and grow that which is much too easy to destroy.
  • Bond: The Future of the Udomorn Clan. I am the last hope of my people, and I will stop at nothing to ensure that our legacy does not end with me.
  • Flaw:
    i. Tactless. Truths are better stated frankly and with no frills. Not everyone believes this, as I've discovered myself often.
    ii. Obsession. The mark of any true student of the Art, I can get...carried away sometimes in my pursuit of understanding. Some boxes are better left unopened or whatever nonsense it is they say.

Backstory:
  • Before the Mists

It was a lonely existence - being one of one. And Gelepagros was, to his knowledge, one of such few number that he had never met another gem dragonborn beyond his own mother. He was born to her last clutch, the final meager gasp of the dying Udomorn clan. They were a proud and introspective people, with a lineage that traced thousands of years back (or so his mother claimed) right to Sardior, the Great Ruby Dragon themself. But the reality of what they were betrayed the idea of what they once had been. Now, due to years of inbreeding and isolation the clan had a sickness in the blood.

Most had already died or gone completely infertile. It was only Gelepagros who hatched from his egg - his siblings remained still in their hard cold shells. Gelepagros himself was not strong of body, but his mind was swift and he was in possession of a talent for the Art, that much was clear. Driven by a need to understand his place in the cosmos, having witnessed the remains of his entire history whither and die around him, the dragonborn set out into the forbidden wider world and when his mother refused to venture out into the world with him to seek a cure, he left her behind to rot without him.

His fledgling studies brought him to the Moonstone Manse, a wizard's institute that specialized in the study of the Weave and gem magic. He was quickly accepted as a student and so commenced a decade of devout study and learning - of the Weave, the body and the naturally occurring forces of the planes. Gelepagros gradually rose through the ranks and became a junior instructor, known locally as the 'Stonebinder' due to his specialty in the niche school of arcane study known as graviturgy.
  • After the Mists

It has been some months now, since the force mage emerged from the mists, exhausted and dirty, a large wooden case the size of a small chest bound by silver chain tied to his back. His reception to the land of Falkovnia was as bleak as any's, but it was refreshing that the people, as beaten down, paranoid and hopeless as they were, seemed not care that he was an oddity or not. Apparently the mists claimed all types and Gelepagros was far from the most unusual specimen that had had the misfortune of being dumped onto this land.

Besides, he gathered from them eventually, even were he to be some sort of fiend he'd be dead soon, eaten up by the zombies. Just like everybody else.

That hasn't happened yet and in the meanwhile the force mage has made his way to the besieged capital, Lekar. His familiarity with building technology and his specialization in graviturgy have made him invaluable during the repairs that happen after the dreaded dark moon that occurred at the end of each month. He has managed to make himself useful enough to have so-far avoided the lash of the General and her Talons.

Secret Application
Horror YES! Horror NO!No horror hang ups! Once there's some levity every once in a while, I can hang with pretty much any gothic themes you feel like playing with.

Last edited by Vislands; Sep 17th, 2021 at 02:47 AM.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vislands View Post
Snip!
How colorful! Added.

So many wonderful applications! Still some time to go. All are welcome! How many more will we see?
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quick reminder to those who are still interested in applying or are working on their applications:

We have little over a week left until the deadline! Just 10 days!

I'm looking forward to the difficult task of making a selection.

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 20th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 05:47 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2487
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@chylopan. I'm properly finished now, I'm writing for a type of character that I never play so feel free to critique and let me know if I'm lacking anywhere. Additionally I'm trying not to write extensive bog downed backgrounds, just as an aside.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 95
Harkov
Application

Forgive me if I've made any errors as I am new to this site. I have a character sheet all ready to go (PDF that is, like hell I'm buying all those books over again to use Beyond) but I am unsure of how to link that.

Application
right-aligned image
Herja

Basic Character Details: Herja, Fallen Valkyrie (Aasimar)

Character Class:Fighter (Eldritch Knight) 3

Character Appearance: More statue than woman, Herja looms some seven feet tall. Armor covers much of her body and bears the scars, chips, and fractures of untold ages. Patterns of intricate knotwork which twine about her cuirass and faulds have long since lost their gilt coat and now may hardly be discerned from the gunmetal drabness beneath. The fur which lines the joints is brittle and matted. A winged half helmet sits snug upon her brow, and while one of the wings has since been shorn off by a savage blow the other arcs gracefully a full ten inches from her scalp. Braids of blonde hang limply as though they were tassels. An impermeable darkness peers out from the visor, one that is like to unsettle if gazed upon overlong. Her skin, what scant tracts lie bare to the cold, holds a deathly pallor so pale as to give off a luminance devoid of all warmth. Curiously, her flesh bares the same chips and cracks as her armor, as if she were carved of stone. Beneath the half helmet, the lower portion of her visage is set in an expression rigid and unchanging. Lips with no color never deviate from their thin line, neither smile nor frown.

Character Background: Far to the north in the Moonshaes, the isle of Sjaelland rises austere and jagged from the foaming chop of the sea. A chill blast of wind hisses to life over the surf and howls its way up the fjords and peaks which split the gray skies, knocking loose tufts of powdery snow. Whispering through the pines down the valleys it sends the mists swirling off into vaporous eddies which catch and refract the glint of the rising sun. Balefully does it murmur through the derelict villages and longhalls, over the piles of bones unfit for mass graves, and weakly against the copses charred to little more than blackened fangs jutting from the grass. Once, this lifeless isle was the stronghold of the Hraesvaldiir. From its iron shores, hordes of marauders born along by fleets of longships terrorized the humble farmers of the southern islands since the days of the first high kings. Bringing fire and smoke in their wake, the reavers of Clan Hraesvald stole much at the point of an axe: peasants and cattle, gold and silks, priests and princesses. Devout in their own barbaric fashion, the Hraesvaldiir gave a portion of all their plunder unto Tempus, the Lord of Battles. Atop great stone altars graven with images of holy conquest, these most savage of the northmen offered the souls of warriors unto their patron.
Long had the Hraesvaldiir been joined unto Tempus. A thousand years past, before the sagas were ever put to vellum, the first of the high kings, Sæmundr, wrought a covenant with the Lord of Battles. Mighty were his warriors and numerous their ships, but in that ancient first campaign the Hraesvaldiir sought the impossible—to unseat the giants and claim Sjaelland for their own. On the eve of their conquest, the wise gothi Arnjald whispered into his chief’s ear a plan to win the eternal favor of their god.
In the hold of the great flagship, Herja was shaken awake by the gruff champions of her father. The foggy confusion of sleep soon gave way to a freezing terror as they dragged her through salt and smoke to the gangplank. Beside Sæmundr’s ship, one of the boats had been emptied and set ablaze. The pyre grasped manically some hundred feet up into the starry chaos of the cosmos, its grand sail entirely consumed by flaming tongues. Amidst the pitch darkness of night, the burning ship gave off a stark orange not unlike a lone torch deep in a cave. The air was thick with dancing sparks and embers. Hundreds of warriors watched solemn and silent as Herja and her sisters were forced at the tip of a spear onto the burning vessel, unto fiery embrace of Tempus.
Thus did Tempus take the daughters of Sæmundr unto his godhead. In the rainbow halls of Warrior’s Rest did he fashion them black wings like the raven so that they might soar over fields of battle and gather up for him the souls of the worthy. For a thousand years they knew this sacred honor of the valkyrie. Across countless battlefields throughout the long and bloody histories of the realm, these angels of war ferried a numberless multitude of heroes to the molten rivers and sword-fields of Tempus’s domain. Only the faintest vestiges of humanity remain to those who were once the daughters of the first high king, but the blood of the Hraesvaldiir is strong and for a thousand years did their clan know the favor of Tempus and his valkyrie. For a thousand years, the Ffolk of the southern Moonshaes were powerless to stop the Hraesvaldiir onslaught until one day their spineless kings gathered up their riches and hired on a dread mercenary to scour the kings of Sjaelland from the face of the realm. From his throne on high in Warrior’s Rest, Tempus decreed that the crimson Talons would shatter their grip upon the isle and their General Drakov would soon sup within the rainbow halls.
But when the talons poured forth upon the iron shores of Sjaelland and war rang from the peaks to the bottoms of the fjords, General Drakov won the day. None amongst the Hraesvaldiir could fell her. Herja herself descended from her place amidst the clouds, but not even her holy spear could find purchase. On that day, Tempus abandoned his oldest host and a tide of steel rose to wash away the glory and splendor of Clan Hraesvald.
In failing her sacred charge to the Lord of Battles, Herja was shorn from the godhead that day. Amidst the carnage and the ashen remains of her descendants, she awoke shamed and dissipating—fallen from the heavens and doomed to wander the mortal confluence. Perhaps she shall avenge herself upon Drakov’s Talons, or perhaps she shall fray away to nothingness.

Old Sep 21st, 2021, 03:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1924
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Question:

Are you allowing Tasha's: If you'd like your character to follow their own path, you may ignore your Ability Score Increase trait and assign ability score increases tailored to your character.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 03:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
No dwarves?? Unacceptable! I need to rectify this.

App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Orek Twinhammer
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Class: Fighter 3 (Champion - Two Weapon Fighting)
Feat: Dual Wielder
Background: Guild Artisan (Smiths and Metal-Forgers)

Appearance: Orek is a short, wide humanoid man with an impressively long brown full beard tied in multiple braids that fall to his belt level. He is fair skinned and stocky, with a wide flat nose and roughly square facial features. He has a pair of fierce brown eyes underneath a thick unibrow, and he is heavily armored in ornate chain mail of obvious dwarven origin. The mail is high quality and has ornamental crossed hammers incorporated into its design, and he wears a plain dark gray tabard over his armor and tucked into a thick black leather belt around his waist. On each side of his body is looped a mighty hammer of war next to a sturdy looking dagger, and on the well used backpack on his shoulders is attached a crossbow.

Background:

Horror YES! Horror NO!
No limits for me.

Last edited by Grouchy; Sep 21st, 2021 at 04:04 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 08:14 AM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3676
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
@Harkov: Welcome to Rpgcrossing!
There is a "Tools" menu up in the toolbar under which there is a "MyCharacters" menu item. It'll take you to a page (within RPGX) where you can create online character sheets for your characters (don't forget to mark them public otherwise no one else would be able to see them).
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 11:03 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
Snip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Snipped: The Second Coming
Awesome. I'll get you guys updated on the roster sometime today! Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkov View Post
Snip 3: The Thirdening
Welcome aboard.

Great first app.

Much the same, I'll have you added to the board with the rest! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Question:
Are you allowing Tasha's: If you'd like your character to follow their own path, you may ignore your Ability Score Increase trait and assign ability score increases tailored to your character.
I will allow Tasha's, yes. This is something I am willing to consider!

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 21st, 2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 01:35 PM
A Dragony Dragon's Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2070
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Wannabe Zombie Hunter
right-aligned image

Name: Avaelyn Silverthrush
Race: High Elven
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Warlock - Celestial Patron
Feat: Fey Touched
Background: Acolyte
Personality Traits: 1. I've spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
2. Having spent my entire life in self-privation according to my faith, rich foods and comfortable living grate on me.
Ideals: I seek to prove myself worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against his teachings.
Bonds: 1. I owe my life to Hodges, the priest who took me in when my parents died.
2. I owe everything else to Demetrius - my patron and chosen representative of Il Mater
Flaws: 1. I judge others harshly and myself even more severely.
2. While serving the tenets of a good god, I sometimes lose sight of what others consider good in favor of my religion's tenets.
Appearance: Avaelyn's too pretty face helps him to carry off his slight frame - at least where the ladies are concerned - as every trace of body fat seems to have been carved from him by a lifestyle of zealous privation. What doesn't work for him - at least where the ladies are concerned - is his single-minded devotion to Il Mater combined with an almost non-existent Elven libido. The warlock dresses in simple travelling clothes that cover his leather armor and also help disguise his gaunt physique. The only visible indication of an otherworldly patron is the simple amulet crafted into Il Mater's holy symbol. The short sword at his hip is his only visible weapon, giving him the look of a common traveler rather than an adventurer.
Avaelyn's Backstory: Avaelyn was found as a toddler by a priest of Il-Mater. He'd been hiding amongst the bushes near a scene of senseless slaughter along the trade way just south of Daggersford. A small group of Elves (Avaelyn's parents presumably among them) had been set upon by a goblin raiding party and the young Elf had managed to hide himself while the others were overwhelmed. The Priest, Hodges by name, had taken Avaelyn back to his Temple secluded in the unnamed hills at the Northwestern tip of the Misty Forest, near the mouth of the Delimbryr River. It was a very remote place for a temple, but this one was dedicated to Il-Mater who's teachings were rather unpopular amongst city dwellers.
It was here that Avaelyn had begun being groomed as a paladin. The young Elf had taken immediately to the martial weapons training, especially the sword and bow. He'd embraced, even more, the teachings of Il-Mater. That there should be a finite amount of suffering in the world was a pleasing concept to the young elf. He soon determined that whatever suffering he couldn't take on himself, he would impart to the enemies of his god.
A strange thing happened though, as Avaelyn grew into adolescence. For one thing, his piety began to make most of the other priests feel threatened as their displays of abstinence and suffering were only that - displays. Also, as one of his truest followers, Il-Mater bestowed his blessing upon Avaelyn in a way previously unheard of in the priesthood. He sent Demetrius, a powerful Solar in his service, to Avaelyn's room in the night to gift him with a sacred book of power.
Hodges saved the young Elf's life yet again, hustling him out of the temple just ahead of a plot by the church's hierarchy to execute him under false charges. Avaelyn hadn't understood their jealousy and fear of being exposed as hypocrites so far outweighed their dedication to the god they purportedly served. Luckily, Hodges had realized what was happening in time to get Avaelyn safely out of the temple.
The High Elven warlock had roamed The Sword Coast in service to Il-Mater for some time now, seeking to ease the pain and sorrow of the good and innocent. He has done this by taking on some of the suffering himself, but also by heaping it on the shoulders of the evil. He has had few companions in the past years, and those fleeting, as the frugal lifestyle Avaelyn insists upon for himself is not easily stomached by most. It was this wandering that found him on a wooded path between hamlets this night. He'd been told that it was only a day's travel to a woodcutter's outpost from the village he just left, but the fool of a goatherd that gave him directions neglected to mention that that was only if you were mounted on a swift steed. Luckily, Avaelyn was used to walking. While he could feel the journey in his gradually tiring muscles, he was nowhere near spent as he picked up his step to an even faster pace. It was becoming obvious that he wouldn't reach the outpost before nightfall, and he wanted to minimize the amount of time he spent out here in the dark. Besides that, a roaring hearth and a tankard of mead would be great comfort. The disciple of Il-Mater may live frugally, but that didn't mean denying himself even the meanest of life's pleasures. More than an hour after nightfall, some disturbing sounds reached his keen Elven ears. Faint though they were, he quickly identified the sounds as cries of distress, peppered occasionally with the howling of wolves. Avaelyn broke into a jog. He began to see the flames of a burning building lightening the sky ahead when the mist overtook him. Suddenly having trouble breathing, his jog turned into a stagger and his oxygen deprived brain barely registered the stone that struck the side of his head when he fell.
Awakening next to a muddy cart path, the warlock massaged the aching goose egg on his temple and rolled to his knees. Looking about the unfamiliar and foreboding landscape, he shook his head in an attempt to clear it and instantly regretted the action from the pain it induced. Groaning, Avaelyn climbed to his feet and retrieved his pack. The cart path must lead somewhere, he thought. From the size and state of it, he suspected it would only be a hamlet though. With nothing else to do, he chose a direction and began following it.

I'm very excited about the opportunity to play in a Ravenloft setting, but there's A LOT of great applications - some seriously tough competition!
Avaelyn is newly transported and disoriented, if that's okay. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if there's any questions.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Sep 21st, 2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 07:14 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Rick View Post
Snip!
Added!

Thanks for the application!