DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2021, 08:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Ziema is complete.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 11:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1974
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Character Application

Basics
right-aligned image
Name: Will answer to Thrain as he knows non-dwarves have a problem pronouncing his name.Ţráinn, son of Vindálfr, of Clan Ironbreaker

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Sex: Male

Basic Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Sorcerer (Found in Plane Shift: KaladeshPyromancer)

Background: Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
Proficiency: One Artisan tool and one language.
Feature: Dark Foreboding
While they know not the hour or manner of their death, those Doomed to Die often have a sixth sense of sorts when in the presence of Evil. They may not know exactly what is behind this feeling, but they can sense its presence grow stronger or weaker. The Doomed to Die can usually tell, for example, whether an Orc band is an isolated raiding party or part of a larger force being driven by something more sinister, or whether a nearby ruin is steeped in Evil.
Doomed to Die
  • Personality: Patient. Ţráinn has learned to control his temper and accept hardships without complaint.
    Reckless. Ţráinn believes he's doomed to die; he has no time to dally and overthink his actions. He moves forward and damn the consequences!
  • Ideal: Ţráinn personal desires must sometimes give way for the good of all.
  • Bond: Ţráinn's company is his new family and he shall protect them as he would his own blood.
  • Flaw: Dragon-fever. The lure of wealth is Ţráinn's mortal weakness.

Appearance: Standing at 5' even, Ţráinn weighs 151 pounds. He has red hair, dusky skin and slate grey eyes. The sorcerer tends to wear muted colors such as brown but with splashes of red.

BackgroundŢráinn was born in Kaladesh to a pair of parents who were guild artisans. He had one sister, Hertrude. He decided to following in his parents footsteps and became a smith. While quite mundane compared to the technological crafts of others, he was good at what he did. Like his father, he cared a bit too much about money. Still, all in all, he was honest and hard working.

When his family was murdered, his whole life shattered. Ţráinn had never known the reason for the massacre but vowed to find the creature responsible for it all. He searched for clues everwhere, never finding out the whole truth but gaining grains of information here and there. One fitful night he followed one of those grains to an old abandoned graveyard. When he thought he had found what he was looking for, a mist surrounded him. He walked blinded thru the fog and when he escaped it, he found himself a stranger in a strange land.

Secrets and Such

Horror YES! Horror NO!Yes- I really liked watching Creature Features when I was a kid.

Last edited by Shula; Sep 22nd, 2021 at 02:19 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 01:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13551
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I’m going to have to withdraw I’m afraid, just too much on right now. Good luck everybody!
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 10:38 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4513
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Snippity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Snap
I will make the adjustments!

Thank you!
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 06:23 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I know I withdrew but I have a complete application and after setting into a good rhythm with my other games, I feel I have time now. I want to un-withdraw and tweak my application a bit if that's okay.

Question: We get class and background starting equipment plus lvl 1 wealth per class?
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 07:03 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
I know I withdrew but I have a complete application and after setting into a good rhythm with my other games, I feel I have time now. I want to un-withdraw and tweak my application a bit if that's okay.

Question: We get class and background starting equipment plus lvl 1 wealth per class?
Okay, no worries!

I know how hard it can be to juggle things so I understand!!

Also, yes, you have that correct.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 02:00 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
This is just a reminder for those still fine tuning their applications or any who may be thinking about applying:

One week remains! The deadline is September 30th!

Seven days...

seven days...

seven days...

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 23rd, 2021 at 02:01 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 08:44 PM
'Til all are one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4778
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
We live in exciting times!
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3295
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character Application
Silvan Korran "Preacher"

Race: Blue Dragon
Class: Paladin (Oath of Redemption)
Feat: Tavern Brawler
Alignment: Lawful Good

The Tenets of Redemption that Silvan has Vowed to Uphold

Peace: Violence is a weapon of last resort. Diplomacy and understanding are the paths to long-lasting peace.

Innocence: All people begin life in an innocent state, and it is their environment or the influence of dark forces that drives them to evil. By setting the proper example, and working to heal the wounds of a deeply flawed world, you can set anyone on a righteous path.

Patience Change takes time. Those who have walked the path of the wicked must be given reminders to keep them honest and true. Once you have planted the seed of righteousness in a creature, you must work day after day to allow it to survive and then flourish.

Wisdom Your heart and mind must stay clear, for eventually you will be forced to admit defeat. While every creature can be redeemed, some are so far along the path of evil that you have no choice but to end their lives for the greater good. Any such action must be carefully weighed and the consequences fully understood, but once you have made the decision, follow through with it knowing your path is just.

General Appearance and Noteworthy InformationCharacter Appearance:
right-aligned image
Silvan is a monster of a Dragonborn, with light blue scales, it then changes to a light beige colour that that covers his chin, the front of his neck, his stomach, under his six foot long tail and under his arms. His horns create a mane around his head, then has navy blue hair that reaches to the middle of his back. His eyes are sharp ice blue-white. He is on the older end of his life, his scales are a little paler than they were when he was in his prime, he has wrinkles around the ends of his eyes and mouth and has gray streaks in his hair.

He has a large, muscular build, not toned or defined, but naturally, his scales are hardened and weathered from time.

He has many scars over his body, mainly on his arms, legs, and face. The scars range from bites, claws, daggers, arrows, as well as a great deal of other weapons, even burns. They have healed over time, and are faded, but they can still be clearly seen. The most noticeable is four claw-like scars that begin from his forehead, down to his nose. Even with all of these, he is still considered to be very attractive.

He wears clothing that is similar to the image attached, clothing that is not similar to the common clothing of the area he is in now, with the symbol of Bahamut placed on the back of his shirt. He has armour overtop of that with the same symbol engraved on the chest. I assume that Bahamut is not a god not from this land, a clear sign that he comes from somewhere else.

His divine magic comes out shaped like blue lightning, much like in the image attached.

Silvan's Brief HistoryCharacter Background: Silvan was not born close to the lands of Falkovnia, but has traveled far towards it, during his travels, he has helped out small villages, by being a middle man for two opposing groups to speak through. If a village needs something from their nobles, he will go in their stead and see if he can figure something out for them. If there are families that are in disagreement, he will have them meet with him and figure out what the underlying issue is, and have them work through it.

He will also do what, in his mind, is right, so if there is a band of highwaymen holding up a trade route, he will get a party of locals together and try to convince the bandits to leave, or defeat, capture and ship them off to the proper authorities. He will not deal killing blows, it is a part of the vows that he had taken and he does his best to stand by them.

He preaches the word of Bahamut to them while he is there, to boost their moral, and to show that there are gods out there that still care about them, and send them champions to do it's bidding. His end goal is to get to Falkovnia, for reasons that are his own, but he does make it clear that he wishes to end the terror that is happening to the people there. They have been placed into a dark and terrifying place, and he wishes to rid them of that, and bring light to them again, but will attempt to do it in a manner that will not lead to more bloodshed.

Secretive Information

Last edited by The Dark Star; Sep 29th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Second to last call, folks!

Four days to get those applications in by the 30th of September.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 08:47 AM
A Dragony Dragon's Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2120
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Are you sure you don't want to run 2 games simultaneously?
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Rick View Post
Are you sure you don't want to run 2 games simultaneously?
I don't think I have the mental fortitude for that just yet, though I would like to at some point.

Anyhow:

This is the LAST CALL for the applications. I will be accepting any applications posted today and tomorrow, but after September 30th (@ midnight CST) I will then transition into the selection phase. This will likely take me the entire weekend, just a heads up. It's a lot of applications and many hard decisions to make!

For those who are selected: You may be chosen one at a time, or a couple at a time, don't panic. You'll get an invite to the game thread where you can peruse, post introductions and character sheets, etc.

For those not selected: Know that it was a hard decision (these apps are all very, very good and I really did not expect such a turn out) but, also, if you would like to be kept on as a back-up/reserve — perhaps if I get crazy enough to run two games at some point — then be sure to make it clear somewhere in this thread.

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 29th, 2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3295
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character App is complete, please let me know if there is anything outstanding that you would need me to change.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 06:04 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5550
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Finished Roksana just in time, good luck to everyone!
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 06:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6546
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Good luck everybody !