Old Sep 16th, 2021, 03:51 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorolf Vitki View Post
Gamemastery guide p.194, the paragraph titled "Playing With Free Archetypes". It recommends that any feat that scales based on your number of archetype feats should only be allowed to be taken a number of times equal to half the character's level.
Oh right, I thought you meant something else, my bad. Yes, that rule still applies.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 08:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2978
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posting Interest here!
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 04:00 AM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 377
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
@Alphaeus That's cool, using Czeck to represent Draconic. I will be using Old Norse whenever Bolverk speaks his native Ulfen. Assuming I get in! Speaking of which, better hurry up and get to work on my app! After all, The first bird gets the first grain.Inn fyrsti fugl faer et fyrsta korn!
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 03:01 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6636
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Shining Heart of Oak
left-aligned image

Name: Shining Heart of Oak (Oakheart informally, Oak to his friends)
Ancestry/Heritage: Root Leshy
Background: Laborer
Class: Champion (Dwarven Pantheon/Trudd)
Archetype: Marshal
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance

His body consisting of a bulky, vaguely humanoid-shaped mass of twisted roots and vines, Oak cuts an imposing figure… or would if he didn’t stand just under three feet tall. Still, his thick woody arms and broad shoulders provide a clear indication of his considerable strength. His upper body is covered in a layer of moss and various mushrooms; not actually part of his body, but he sees no reason to disturb them. Two pale green glowing “eyes” are visible in a pair of dark recesses in what passes for his head. He has no visible mouth; when he speaks, his low, gravelly voice seems to emanate from somewhere deep within his body.

Personality

Contrary to his bizarre and somewhat frightening appearance, Oak is a gentle soul at heart. He dislikes violence as a rule, and yet has pledged himself to a life of battle to protect those weaker than himself. Given a choice, he would rather talk a matter out than resort to fighting, but when confronted with combat, he doesn’t hesitate, knowing that his hammer and shield may be all that stands between his foes and the lives of innocents. When not fighting, Oak is quiet and contemplative, and can often be found tinkering with his weapons and armor when not on duty.

Socializing is often difficult for Oak; his obvious differences from most other Black Ravens lead many to either treat him as some kind of mystical nature spirit or avoid him entirely. Those that look past his unusual nature, however, find that he is good company. Although he doesn’t need to eat or drink, he makes it a point to spend meal times with his compatriots to strengthen bonds of friendship.

History

Shining Heart of Oak was created by a dwarven druid named Jalis Irontree. Or rather, his body was; his true self is an ageless nature spirit of some kind, put into a vessel through a ritual process Oak does not fully understand himself. Jalis was an elderly druid living alone in the wilderness of Irrisen, far from even the smallest village. He created the leshy to be a companion and helper for him in his old age, to do the physical labor he was no longer capable of himself. Rather than lament at being created for what could be considered a life of servitude, Oak accepted it gladly, happy to be of help. He came to view Jalis as something like a father, and the druid seemed to return the sentiment, treating the leshy like family rather than merely a conjured servant.

Jalis taught Oak about the dwarven gods. Although he was not a dwarf himself, the deities’ teaching resonated with Oak. The concepts of service and duty, and of placing family and community ahead of self struck a chord within the leshy’s (figurative) heart. The edicts of Trudd in particular stood out to him, reminding him of his own eagerness to use his strength to help his aging creator.

Oak’s happy life was not to last forever, though. The cruel white witches of Irrisen, no friends of druids, found Jalis’ home in the forest and attacked, killing the old druid. In the chaos of the fight, Oak did something he had never even considered before: he picked up his master’s old warhammer and attacked. Before he could fully process what he was doing, he found himself the only one left alive, the blood of a witch staining the hammer in his hand. He was stunned; he had never killed before, not so much as an animal. He rushed to Jalis’ side only to find there was nothing he could do, the dwarf was already gone. That was the day Shining Heart of Oak discovered there was more than one way he could use his strength to help others. Although he hadn’t been able to save his father, there were other victims of the witches out there, and yet more that would fall prey to them if nothing was done to stop the spread of evil. He knew little of the world past his home, but he was fairly certain Jalis had once mentioned a nation to the west that opposed the witches, so he set out in that direction. Upon arriving in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, he asked the people there one simple question: "Who among you fights the white witches?" Although he was initially met with some suspicion, it wasn't long before he was directed to the Black Ravens.

Last edited by Exhibit A; Sep 20th, 2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 08:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 595
Sorcerious Sorcerious Sorcerious Sorcerious Sorcerious Sorcerious
Posting interest.

Just to confirm the deep background is optional?
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7431
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Hey I have a question. Am I allowed to change my application just a wee bit? I actually found a better class/archetype combo I want to do that does what I have in the app but feels better for me to play. EDIT: I went ahead and made the change, it has 0 effect on her backstory, or anything else.

Also checking that since we're level 5 we have level 5 starting cash (whatever that is)

Last edited by Runetide; Sep 19th, 2021 at 10:14 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 08:17 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerious View Post
Just to confirm the deep background is optional?
Correct, you can still select a regular background. Deep background is just there for those who want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Hey I have a question. Am I allowed to change my application just a wee bit? I actually found a better class/archetype combo I want to do that does what I have in the app but feels better for me to play. EDIT: I went ahead and made the change, it has 0 effect on her backstory, or anything else.

Also checking that since we're level 5 we have level 5 starting cash (whatever that is)
No problem, make any changes you want during applications.

You have the lump starting sum for level 5, which is 270 GP.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicorin View Post
Correct, you can still select a regular background. Deep background is just there for those who want it.

No problem, make any changes you want during applications.

You have the lump starting sum for level 5, which is 270 GP.
Great! I just wanted to buy a better longbow but the composite ones are 20gp
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Number one slime girl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
RWBY2019
hey would you be okay with a pure blood human vampire as i have a character
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBY2019 View Post
hey would you be okay with a pure blood human vampire as i have a character
Getting into the Black Ravens as a vampire wouldn’t be easy, but there’s no formal protocol against it, so you would mostly just have to prove yourself. There’d be other things to consider, like where you source your blood and what you do on day patrols. We can work out all that and more in PM’s.

My biggest concern though, is that there’s not any actual rules for PC vampires yet. I believe ”Book of the Dead” coming out in the spring might have an archetype in it, but there’s not anything right now. I’m willing to work that stuff out too, we just might have to improvise a bit.

Last edited by Vicorin; Sep 20th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Number one slime girl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
RWBY2019
i used d20 pdfsrd and the pathfinder 1e vampire stuff my app will be out later i also have some spells i made spicificaly for vampires if you allow them

Last edited by RWBY2019; Sep 20th, 2021 at 11:19 AM.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBY2019 View Post
i used d20 pdfsrd and the pathfinder 1e vampire stuff my app will be out later i also have some spells i made spicificaly for vampires if you allow them
pathfinder 1e and 2e are actually very different, so anything for 1e won’t be very compatible as is, but give me a bit to look over some stuff and I might be able to homebrew something for you. Send me the spells in PM’s and I’ll take a look at them as well.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
You can always play a dhampir, which they have the heritage for.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
You can always play a dhampir, which they have the heritage for.
Yeah, my suggestion in PM’s was to play a dhampir sorcerer with the undead bloodline, and lace of a free archetype, I’d let them take extra ancestry feats. I think that comes pretty dang close to a vampire.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicorin View Post
Yeah, my suggestion in PM’s was to play a dhampir sorcerer with the undead bloodline, and lace of a free archetype, I’d let them take extra ancestry feats. I think that comes pretty dang close to a vampire.
There is the gamemastery guide option of allowing extra ancestry feats, true...