twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 27th, 2021, 01:21 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
Jumil Jumil Jumil Jumil
Work In Progress - History is being done in sections just because it's easier but I can reformat things if you prefer.
Just posting as prove of concept while I work on the finer details
If you have any suggestions or thoughts about me playing a hexblood let me know.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Katrinah
Race: Hexblood
Class: Warlock (Archfey - Talisman)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Hermit
Personality Traits: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer. I am working on a grand philosophical theory and love sharing my ideas.
Ideal: Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)
Bond: Im still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: Id risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.
Appearance:
A short woman, Katrinah stands at about 5'1. Her black hair reaches down well past her waist but is usually furled into two buns or another ornate hairstyle. Despite the lady's diminutive stature it would be difficult to miss her due to possessing a strange and mystical appearance.

Katrinah is a sight to behold. Her first and most prominent feature is the peculiar mask crown that adorns her head. Black and white patterns spiral around her features in shapes that vaguely resemble butterfly figures. The spindly forms move ever so slightly at times, almost as if they are alive. Underneath the mask Katrinah's black eyes are accentuated by dark makeup and pale skin.

Her clothing is usually equally eccentric, homage to the fey influence of her mentor. She is often seen wearing all white, adorned in a dress with rigid frills that rise above her shoulders. It has a tutu-like skirt that reaches just to the knees and extends outward like a chrysanthemum with lace draped around it. She wears white leggings and has long white sleeves that cover most of her skin. Her shoes are strangely more practical. Unlike the rest of her outfit they are black, short heeled, and reach about halfway to the knee. They do have white laces however.
Personality:
Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Jumil; Oct 1st, 2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15860
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
right-aligned image

Name: Artiya Rederni
Race: Aasimar
Class: Warlock (Celestial Pact)
Alignment: LG
Background: Folk Hero
Personality Traits: Always ready to lend a hand
Ideal: Redemption is possible for anyone
Bond: Protect those who need protection
Flaw: Trusts far too easily.

Appearance: Artiya looks every bit the Aasimar she is. This makes her look far younger than her age her face is vibrant and full of life, her blue eyes blaze with the light of heaven, her blonde hair sparkles and shines in the light. She wears bright clothes and is almost always adorned with a smile.

Personality: Artiya is humble about her own achievements always ensuring that others are included in any telling of deeds and shrinking away from personal glory. She trusts people at what they say without a second thought and believes that anyone can repent. She is a blazing light of good in a world of darkness.

Backstory: Artiya was born in the only brothel of a small town. There was no doubt that she was an aasimar and her mother refused to give her up. She was raised by the collective women of the place and never wanted for nice things. She was not allowed to wander around where the customers could see her though because her presence tended to make any customers re-think what they were doing and head home or to the nearest church.

A small outlaw gang took over the town and tried to take over the brothel as well, but Artiya was instrumental in stopping them. The mayor presented her with an award and the local Lord wanted to discuss having her help out with his issues. It was on her trip to see the local Lord that she was spirited away.

RP Sample: She stood before the leader of the bandits who had taken over her town. Most of the forces she'd had to bring here with her were exhausted and she was too. She looked at the leader of the gang with sad blue eyes as she said, "I don't think you want to hurt anyone. You just want to get money the easy way instead of the hard back breaking labor that a lot of other people do. I understand that, but hurting others is only hurting you as well. You need to give up and do something better."

The man shook his head, "So naive girly, but me and the boys will take care of that won't we?" Some of the men grinned back at him more than ready to tear apart the innocent woman in front of them.

She shook her head and called to her companion. A beautiful golden dog appeared seemingly from no-where as the men attacked biting and barking as it did. She in turn pointed at one of the men and the next shooting blasts of power at them. It was over moments later and most of the men hadn't been killed. As she tied up the leader she said, "I'm sorry it came to this really I am. I hope some day you can forgive me for trying to help you."

Last edited by Ysolde; Sep 27th, 2021 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4477
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posting interest. Tentative application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
@JohnStone - custom races are a no. As long as the race / class combination are from the sources I have quoted then its a go.

So, question: I have an idea for a character; however, I need some clarification on whether or not it would be acceptable.

I'd like to run a Dhampir. Thematically, for what I'd like to do, Blood Hunter fits best. I know it's not technically official but would you be willing to make an exception?
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1324
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chylopan View Post
I'd like to run a Dhampir. Thematically, for what I'd like to do, Blood Hunter fits best. I know it's not technically official but would you be willing to make an exception?
I will in this case, yes.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 06:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4253
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Should be interesting if two dhampirs gets picked!
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 01:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Definitely interested. I have a PC that would fit perfectly here but he is a Monster Hunter archetype which isn't in your approved source list. Would you be opposed to that? If so I will probably just make him an Eldritch Knight. In secret I have the Cliffs Notes of his background as to why he is a Monster Hunter.

Last edited by Grouchy; Oct 3rd, 2021 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Screwed up the URL
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The concept and archetype fit the setting so its good with me.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Character Application is ready for review, if you think that it's too dark, please let me know and I will make changes!
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 10:35 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2487
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
My app is also ready for review. Feedback would be appreciated.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Its unlikely I will provide reviews for each and every app, however if there is something fundamentally wrong I don't like I will let you know individually.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Okie dokie, my character is complete too.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1924
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Bael Turath

Race: Human Variant

Class: Cleric (Death Domain)

Alignment: LN

Background: Soldier
  • Personality Traits: Reckless. Bael enjoys the road so much that sometimes your wanderlust carries you into dangerous situations unprepared.
  • Personality Traits:Forthright. Bael no longer has time for niceties. He means what he says and says what he means.
  • Ideal:
  • Bond: Bael's friends know that his bond with them is stronger than any personal quest.
  • Flaw: Bael believes we can never fully destroy Evil; we can only hold it at bay for a bit before the inevitable.

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Shula; Sep 28th, 2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
The concept and archetype fit the setting so its good with me.
Awesome, thank you!

App complete!

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Jhorn Sarkany
Race: Variant Human (Observant feat - retained his keen senses from being a lycanthrophe)
Class: Fighter 3 (Monster Hunter)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Haunted One (Cured of lycanthropy, haunted by those he slaughtered.)

Personality Traits: I am heavily scarred and still show remnants of my curse, which can be unsettling to others. I aim to do good things to overcompensate for the evil I have done.
Ideal: I kill monsters to make the world a safer place, and to exorcise my own demons. (Good)
Bond: A terrible guilt consumes me. I hope that I can find redemption through my actions.
Flaw: I am hunted by all who worship Malar, and they will never rest until I am dead.

Appearance: Jhorn is a stocky, weathered man of average height with unkempt brown hair and a well groomed beard. His rugged features are heavily scarred, with a series of whitish scars all along the left side of his face, across his nose, and a long angry-looking one near his right eye that causes that eye to squint slightly due to how the wound healed. There is also a long whitish scar on the left side of his neck which juts out from underneath his well polished shirt of chain mail. His eyes are so dark they almost appear black, and when he turns his gaze upon you it reminds you of how a house cat stares at a mouse before it pounces. His ears have hair sprouting from the top of them, and when he speaks you can see his canine teeth are more pronounced than the average man. He is heavy of limb with large hands, and his disciplined posture reminds you of a soldier. The shield on his left arm is battered but well maintained, and in his right hand he carries a gruesome-looking battle axe with ease.

Personality: Although a man known for brooding and few words at times, Jhorn is one who strives to be a good man and to help others even when others won't. He has little respect for authority and titles, and does the right thing even if it is frowned upon or even illegal. He is brave and stubborn, and once he sets his eyes on something and vows to do it is rarely persuaded from his goal. Calm and orderly even when the situation seems grim, Jhorn is steadfast and tries to always do his best. He is haunted by his past and struggles to sleep - in his dreams, he sees all the faces of those he has killed. His lack of sleep can make him a bit impatient, and he has little time for formalities and etiquette when the deed can be accomplished with much less words. In his mind he is a killer, and although he prays daily to Lathander he knows deep in his heart that when he passes on to the underworld he will be judged and found lacking for his past deeds. The least he can do is use his abilities to remove more monsters from the world. Monsters like him.

Last edited by Grouchy; Sep 29th, 2021 at 02:26 AM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 08:48 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Giving this a gentle nudge up the way.
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 12:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Still very much interested, torn between cleric and rogue concepts at the moment.